Pisko & Soul Reviews

Carmen Alto Nº 294- San Blas, Cusco, Peru

It was a bit cold but the blankets were thik.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Finland

This was by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at, I'll definitely return when I make it back to Cusco! Thanks, Max

10 mins walk up the slope from the main square but you get a quiet environment to rest and chill out. Beds are comfortable with nice warm blankets and heater. enjoyed my stay there.

I stayed here because it was recommended on Lonely Planet. The hotel was a complete disappointment! It is old and run down. I stayed for four nights and didn't get a single good nights sleep. The beds were hard. The wooden floors creak every time you step on the floor or move in our bed. The rooms are so basic. No drawers. Paint is peeling from the walls. The bathroom was dirty. Mold on the ceilings and shower curtains. No towel changes. Only good thing was The super hot shower!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Fantastic staff! So helpful and welcoming. Eduardo the owner is absolutely lovely! Quiet, clean bathrooms, hot showers, lockers, towels included, plenty of blankets, portable heaters, good breakfast, 10 min downhill walk to the plaza, communal areas a bit cold

We liked the location, a short walk to the main plaza, kept the noise at bay. The bathroom was always clean and the shower was always hot. The breakfast was good and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a heater in our room if we needed to use it during the colder nights. Overall I'd stay here again, great location and we felt very safe(great security with staff there all the time). We left for a few days on a trek and they kept our bags safely stored until we returned.

Second time in Cusco and Second time in PIslko & Soul, the staff is awsome!! Such a great place to stay!

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

Only miss a kitchen. Otherwise it's perfect !

This hostel is really amazing, one of my all time favorites(traveling 11 months) Although it has some remarks, everything else totally makes up for it. Staff is amazingly friendly and will call you by your first name asap(making you feel home). Good to know that some businesses still know how to treat a customer: -good beds -warm showers -common area with tv and DVDs -location is good and quiet -superbest breakfast -best staff -no kitchen -no central heating, but mobile radiators

Nice hostel, nothing exceptional. Free pisco sours one evening. I've stayed in three hostels in Cusco, none were great, but this was the best.

This hostel is terrific! I can highly recommend it. The staff is awesomely helpful. We had to start our Machu Picchu tour at 2 in the morning and they made us a small breakfast package. Then when we returned in the evening we could use the shower without a problem and they even made us a nice Pisco Sour while we waited to the cab that took us to the Bus Terminal to continue our travels. The hostel is clean, quiet and well located. Probably the best hostel in town.

My stay at Pisko was ideal and just what I needed! The staff were unbelievably helpful and friendly, always greeting you by your first name. It was very well priced and the rooms were comfy and clean. Would recommend to all.

Pisko and Soul was a great spot for us! We stayed here both before and after hiking the Inca Trail. Eduardo and the rest of the staff were incredibly helpful - offering suggestions for great things to do and see during our stay in Cusco. Eduardo went above and beyond while actually taking us to Pisac and arranging cabs for us. The hostel itself is very cheerful. Quietly located at the end of a block in the lovely San Blas neighborhood. The hostel is a short walk to Plaza de Armas

Everything during my stay was just fine. The staff and service was excellent and I really enjoyed my stay there. I will definitely go back to stay there next time in Cusco. Highly recommended!

• 23rd May 2014

Awesome and helpful staff, when I left for a tour at 4AM they made me breakfast before. Hostel is located near the main center but since there are so many little streets it may be hard to find. Place is small and homey, I think having 1 or 2 more showers&toilets would be helpful given the amount of rooms they have.”

Our best breakfast award goes to P

Had a great time at Pisko

• 19th May 2014

Great hostel in Cusco!

I stayed there more than one week. they supply heater which is great. there is hot water and room is clean. the breakfirst includes egg which i like best. they supply hot water all the time. a nice place to stay, i would recommend. only two things:1. it is a bit on the upper side, so you need to walk ten-fifteem minutes from the main square, not far but jus considering the altitude. 2. don't book tours with them as much expensive.

I really loved my stay at Pisko & Soul! Yuder, Ronnie and Fani were always helpful, and were always willing to give me a helping hand. They made me feel at home and I really appreciate all they did for me: from taking care of my luggage while I was traveling to make sure I was not having more headaches due to the Cusco altitude. And the hostel itself is well located, the rooms have heaters and double blankets, everything is clean and they offer a very good breakfast! Highly recommended!

• 1st May 2014