Pisko & Soul Reviews

Carmen Alto Nº 294- San Blas, Cusco, Peru

This hostel experience was amazing. Ronnie was great and spoke excellent English making things very smooth for me. Juder was also really nice. The area was very safe, clean and close to the square and loads of good restaurants. The only complaint that I had was that it wasn't very busy so it made it hard to meet people, but I was only there for one night before doing the Salkantay trek where I met people and enjoyed the quiet atmosphere. If you want to rest this is the place!!!

I enjoyed my stay at pisko

Room was a little dark, but comfortable and spotless. Good Wifi. Great breakfast. Great location close to Plaza del Armas, restaurants, etc. Staff helpful in recommending places to eat and things to do. Only complaint was one staff member got a little handsy (drunk?) when checking me in at night...not cool, but ultimately harmless.

Nice hostel, clean, friendly staff & helpful, great room with ensuite & a hot shower & an extra heater if needed. Breakfast was good. Great TV area where you can choose from a vast choice of DVDs. Location in San Blas is great, with many local restaurants at great prices (much cheaper than the main tourist places), as well as shops & cafes. Only a short walk down to the main square. Bit more hotel feel than hostel, and no kitchen. A nice quiet place to spend the week visiting the sites.

Best hostel we've been to in South America, wonderful hot showers with excellent pressure, great breakfast with crusty rolls, spreads, cereals, yoghurt, teas, coffee, eggs. Really chill relaxing (social opportunities really depend on your fellow travellers). The previous guest took the room key with them so they called a locksmith immediately to let us in our room. Small concern - they sometimes left our window open after cleaning nutrition opened into the hostel and i had no real worries

The staff was very helpful and friendly, and the breakfast included eggs, juice, bread, and coffee or tea. It´s rather an uphill climb from the Plaza, but worth it, in general, although it would be nice to have a few, inexpensive amenities, like more shelves or tables in the dorms, lamps other than the single overhead, and a hooks for clothing, maybe even a mirror in the room...just some hopefully helpful suggestions! :-)

Very authentic, quiet, comfortable place. Eduardo the manager is very helpful and super friendly to deal with. All the staff were very nice and work together to create a welcoming environment. Recommended for couples for sure.

• 18th Mar 2014

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. A very home-y atmosphere with all the amenities you need. In the best neighborhood, a 8 min walk to the main plaza. 2 min walk to San Blas Plaza. Next to tons of shops, restaurants, laundry. PLUS, Eduardo and Judah were a real pleasure - extremely hospitable, knowledgable about the area and helpful in suggesting great restaurants, bars, day trips and hikes. I HIGHLY recommend this hostel.

• 18th Mar 2014

If you want a place with charming, great cleaning, confortable, great staffs and also feel home, justo go to Pisko

Friendly staff, clean, hot showers and great breakfast. Maybe not a great place to meet other travellers. Had a problem with the hostel on the last morning but manager dealt with it very well

Incredibly helpful and truly friendly staff, great atmosphere (it's quiet, which was a huge plus for me), 5 minute walk to the Plaza de Armas, and clean rooms. Fantastic hostel, definitely a highlight of my trip to Cusco. Thanks so much, Eduardo & staff!

Stayed here while waiting for my Machu Picchu tour to start. 10-15 minute walk to the main square. Great secluded street with low traffic. Room had thin walls so if you are a light sleeper you may not get a good night of sleep. But, there was a heater in my room that made great background noise. Once I figured out how to make it stay on a few hours I slept easily. Staff is friendly. Breakfast was all you can eat style. Very nice.

One of the best hostel ever I have been.

• 28th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

Eduardo, Oscar and the rest of the staff were great. It was a quiet but fun hostel. Clean sheets, towels, warm water and mata. Eggs (scrambled or fried), toast, juice, yoghurt and grain cereal for breakfast. Wifi that was mostly reliable, common PC to use. One evening was Pisco Sour night on the house. They held our bags in a locked location while on our trek. I would definitely recommend.

• 27th Feb 2014

I loved Pisko and Soul! It was the perfect place to get to know Cusco, meet fellow travelers, and recover from altitude sickness. The common room was really comfortable, with lots of movies. Every member of the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, especially Eduardo (who also charmed my mother on the phone). Can't forget the really delicious breakfast! I felt totally at home at Pisko and Soul, and made really great travel friends. Highly recommended. (Hi, Eduardo!)

Awesome place. Clean, quiet, great breakfast, great staff. 3 min walk from main plaza. Stay here.

Great hostel! Very friendly staff, great breakfast. Ended up staying a week instead of few days.

We had a great time at the Pisko & Soul. Eduardo is the greatest host ever and the breakfast was the best breakfast we ever ate outside of Europe . Loved it. Melanie & Kirsten

• 27th Jan 2014

Our host Èdwardo and his staff are excellent people, their knowledge of all the events, ruins, bus travels and non tour things to do is so helpful and valuable to travelers. A great place to meet traveler's of all ages and country's. We used Pisko & Soul as our main hostal while visiting Cusco & Machu Picchu area. Standard eggs & yogurt breakfast

Staff super friendly, EDUARDO is super helpful and nice, as is the other staff... they help book tours, or find you a bus... they walked us down to the bus stop and waited with us for one of our busses. Breakfast is great. Bathrooms a bit small but very clean! Overall very good experience!

« first « Prev 1 2 3