Piya Hostel Reviews

Sultanahmet Mah.Akbiyik Cami Sok.No:22, Istanbul, Turkey

Piya Hostel is in a great location just down from the Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque. The staff is helpful most of the time but when I asked for laundry service they said I could walk it over to the laundromat. Other than that I was very pleased. The private room downstairs was very nice for us as no one else came the whole weekend, it was like having our own apartment.

it was little bit tricky to find but it is short walk away from city center and Blue mosque. breakfast is really nice, rooms and beds were clean. stuff is friendlly and we managed to comunicate well in english. we only stay one night but we like it.

Really nice staff working there. Happy to help you with your questions and a nice chat. In the morning you get a free breakfast, prepared by lovely cooks. Plenty of food! We stayed this holiday in five hostels and this one had the best, soft beds! Also loved the cleaniness and at least four bathrooms, which is great for a small hostel like this.

I had an amazing time at your hostel. Thanks Huseyin and Mahmut. I'll be sure to tell all of my friends about your place and your amazing breakfast. I wonder if they all get the omlette special. Well even if they don't they will know from me that you guys are great. I'll try and keep in touch on facebook now that we are friends. Take care and goodluck. Thanks a bunch, Nesim

• 29th Jul 2013

I staid there 7 nights in July. The hostel is in an old popular quartier close to Blue Mosque and Agia Sophia. The structure is a white old wooden house. We had a double room with ensuite bathroom. Room was clean and once a week there's a free cleaning service. Breakfast is served beetween 8 and 10, typical turkish breakfast with egg, cucumber, tomatoes, bread, cheese, butter marmelade and tea. staff was friendly. Position is fine,10'walking from tramway stop and 5'from train st. Hot water ok

A really nice hostel, the location is very central but... you might have to search it for a longer time. But it is worth it! Be prepared to be woken up in the early morning by a muezzin.

Very well located, close to the Blue Mosque and many restaurants. The staff is very helpful and they offer an airport transfer service that helped us a lot, since we arrived in the middle of the night. The breakfast is also very nice. As there are only two bathrooms per floor (one for men, one for women), it got very crowded in the morning, when everybody wants to brush their teeth, etc. There's no air conditioning and the rooms are quite hot, though there are ventilators.

It was a very nice hostel but I would not recommend it for individual travellers as it doesn't really have a common area where you can meet new people or hang out; if you are a couple/group however it is perfectly fine and situated close to all major attractions.

Piya was not our favourite hostel in Turkey and but this is Istanbul,so I guess the price versus quality is ok here. The room was clean, the staff ok, and the breakfast also good.

I stayed in this hostel five days, and i think it's a good value for the money... beds are comfortable, brekfast is great, bathrooms are ok, but could be a bit better.. the only thing thats missing is AC in the rooms, thay only have fans.. But I defenetly recommend this hostel to all..

• 11th Jul 2013
  • Serbia

I am more than happy of my days at Piya. The location is perfect: really close to Sultanahmet's main attractions but also reserved and hidden from the flows of tourists. The staff is always present and really nice. Rooms and facilities are comfortable and clean (bathrooms maybe a bit small, but it is not at all relevant). Honest prices, worth every Lira.

• 4th Jul 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Piya. I stayed in the twin bed apartment. The apartment has all of the facilities you need. My only criticism is the wallpaper - some of it is hanging off of the walls. It's very easy to trim it off :) The members of staff are friendly. The breakfast is traditional but enough for the morning.

Great place, great people.

A decent hostel within 5 minutes walking distance from the tourist attractions if you are fit (its uphill). We stayed in a small private double, tiny but comfy enough. The shared bathroom was good and everything within worked fine. Staff were "laidback", but friendly and responsive to a request for extra blankets. Breakfast was an Istanbul standard of bread, cheese, tomatoes and olives. They also kindly arranged transport to the airport for a good price-7 euros. Overall, everything was fine.

• 10th Jun 2013

small hostel next to ıstanbul center...clean rooms, nıce personal and a good breakfast...nothıng more ı need :)

Great value for money, very nice staff and clean toilets and rooms.

It was a nice place to stay, breakfast was great.

We stayed in the 8 bed dorm and it was just the 2 of us for 2 nights of the 3 we stayed so that was nice. The beds were really comfy and the bathrooms really clean. Breakfast was delicious and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We will totally stay again when in Instanbul.

Maybe a p.c. for public use would be of help to travellers without a laptop.

• 23rd May 2013
  • Greece

This is one of the smaller hostel I ever found: in the ground floor there are the 6 and 4 bedded dorms and in 10 m. you can find everything: reception,bed,2 toilets (often taken in the morning) and the common room with a large tv screen ( only BBC). Wifi does't work well. The area of Cankurtan ,beetween the railway and the sea, is a poor area, next to the more tourist Sultanahmed ,lonely during the night. The breakfast is turkish; they give you 10 items:5 olives,2 slices tomatoes,3 slices cucumb