Place To Stay Antigua Reviews

5a. Calle Poniente Callejón Landivar, 42, Antigua, Guatemala

Amazing hostel!! Highly recommended. Can not say enough good things about this place.

• 18th Jan 2015

A place to stay is indeed a great place to stay. I will gladly stay there again in a few weeks when I go back to Antigua. The staff was very kind and helpful. The place felt like home. Its is not a party hostel. I had a good time talking with the other guests. The communal room and large breakfast table makes it very easy to engage with everyone. The facilities may be older than in other hostels, but it was good enough for me and perhaps the best value for my money in Antigua.

brilliant owner, raul - master at what he does. Had a comfortable stay.

Nice Place to stay!

Loved this hostel, was quite chilled out but people were still very friendly and we all got together for a BBQ a couple of nights. Raul is the best host you could ask for, he genuinely cares about his guests and is always happy to help with pretty much anything. Plus they have an excellent pet rabbit

Place to stay was one of the most welcoming and well run Hostels we've stayed in. The owner Raul is there at all times and is genuine and incredibly helpful. We extended our stay there, and would definitly go back again.

• 23rd Dec 2014

Good hostel, very hard to find and only has a small sign, there are two pollo campero's in the town so just make sure you are near the correct one, and the hostel is just off 5a on a side street on the street

Place To Stay would have to be one of my favourite hostels so far in Central America. The staff are amazing, kitchen has everything you need to cook up a feast, the front door is ALWAYS locked and the dorms are very homey. They have a lovely communal area for dinners and making new travel friends as we as having cats, turtles and a pet rabbit which again make the place feel like a home. If I wasn't on such a tight schedule I would have stayed much longer. Couldn't recommend it enough!!

Great hostel with nice people and a good owner/manager. Could be cleaner and breakfast could be a bit more. I really enjoyed my time though, stayed here longer because the nice atmosphere.

Great value for money and antigua is so small it's not a bother to walk to area for nightlife. Great chill vibe and very friendly staff. Good kitchen. I was very ill and they made me feel comfortable. Definitely need more toilets!

Great owner and vibe.

• 17th Nov 2014

Top hostel. Staff help you to no end and even sort cheap tours and mini buses

• 5th Sep 2014

We were hoping for something special at this hostel after the rave reviews, but overall it was fairly average. The owner and staff are excellent, but the facilities are very dated. The rooms are a little musty, but then you get what you pay for. $8 per person for a private room is good and there's a really good breakfast included, but the place could really do with a bit of a re-vamp. Lots of insect bites whilst staying here too.

Great hostel with very friendly staff

• 18th Aug 2014

Raul was very friendly and helpful. A Place to Stay has a very homey and safe atmosphere. We will be staying in an apartment in Antigua for 6 months and Raul said he is happy to help us with anything he can. I feel like we have friends here in Antigua.

• 14th Aug 2014