Place To Stay Antigua Reviews

5a. Calle Poniente Callejón Landivar, 42, Antigua, Guatemala

Originally booked for two nights, but I just can't stay a second night there. The dorm was really tight, the beds in lower bunk is super low, mattresses are saggy, pillows are uneven lumps of cotton like material, wifi was unstable. There was NO locker in the whole place for guest! the boss (manager) said he can keep my passport and money. So in the afternoon before I went out, I knocked on his closed office door, he asked me to wait, I waited for 2 minutes patiently, then knocked on the door

A really great place to stay - I arrived early in the morning and the owners very kindly included me in breakfast for that day, despite me not paying for the night before. All the guests were then whisked off to the hot springs in the back of Raoul's pickup truck - a really amazing and fun start to the stay! Everyone at the hostel is so friendly, and it's only about 44q a night (including breakfast), Raoul will book you your shuttles and buses sans markup! Only downside is the midnight curfew.

Raul is an amazing person and someone who genuinely cares about your comfort and mostly your safety. He is an encyclopedia of information of things to do around the area and is more than willing to help book places for your next stop, which saves you a lot of headache figuring it out yourself! I would recommend this place for anyone. You are going to love it!

Excellent. Wonderful place.

Amazing hostel!! Highly recommended. Can not say enough good things about this place.

• 18th Jan 2015

A place to stay is indeed a great place to stay. I will gladly stay there again in a few weeks when I go back to Antigua. The staff was very kind and helpful. The place felt like home. Its is not a party hostel. I had a good time talking with the other guests. The communal room and large breakfast table makes it very easy to engage with everyone. The facilities may be older than in other hostels, but it was good enough for me and perhaps the best value for my money in Antigua.

brilliant owner, raul - master at what he does. Had a comfortable stay.

Nice Place to stay!

Loved this hostel, was quite chilled out but people were still very friendly and we all got together for a BBQ a couple of nights. Raul is the best host you could ask for, he genuinely cares about his guests and is always happy to help with pretty much anything. Plus they have an excellent pet rabbit

Place to stay was one of the most welcoming and well run Hostels we've stayed in. The owner Raul is there at all times and is genuine and incredibly helpful. We extended our stay there, and would definitly go back again.

• 23rd Dec 2014

Good hostel, very hard to find and only has a small sign, there are two pollo campero's in the town so just make sure you are near the correct one, and the hostel is just off 5a on a side street on the street

Place To Stay would have to be one of my favourite hostels so far in Central America. The staff are amazing, kitchen has everything you need to cook up a feast, the front door is ALWAYS locked and the dorms are very homey. They have a lovely communal area for dinners and making new travel friends as we as having cats, turtles and a pet rabbit which again make the place feel like a home. If I wasn't on such a tight schedule I would have stayed much longer. Couldn't recommend it enough!!

Great hostel with nice people and a good owner/manager. Could be cleaner and breakfast could be a bit more. I really enjoyed my time though, stayed here longer because the nice atmosphere.

Great value for money and antigua is so small it's not a bother to walk to area for nightlife. Great chill vibe and very friendly staff. Good kitchen. I was very ill and they made me feel comfortable. Definitely need more toilets!

Great owner and vibe.