Place To Stay Antigua Reviews

5a. Calle Poniente Callejón Landivar, 42, Antigua, Guatemala

A very relaxed hostel, perfect after a day out and about. The free breakfast is very good and varies from day to day. Just be aware the beds are very hard but I still slept well. Excellent location, right next to the market. Very secure, could possibly just do with lockers for peace of mind.

Place is filthy. Doors don't lock, you have to ring the bell every time to get in. Weird neighborhood, hostel is hard to find.

I had such a great time staying at Place to Stay, it was my third hostel I'd stayed at in Antigua and was by far the best for atmosphere, staff and overall friendliness. The owner is very welcoming and made sure to tend to our every need travel and tour wise. The relaxed atmosphere with a perfect chill out area allowed me to make some great friends in the short time of staying there. The use of the kitchen is great for convenience, and overall the people are warm and genuine. You'll see me soon!

• 20th Jun 2015

Welcoming and helpful staff.

Got there with a Hostel World confirm number and he did not have a room for me. He was rude and arrogant. It was Holy Thursday and no rooms were to be had. I was kind of glad because the place is a run down dump, dirty, and in a scary neighborhood right behind the bus station. Avoid at all costs.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Owner is super helpful and prices are more than fair. Totally recomandable!

We had a little bit of confusion with the booking when we arrived but the staff went out of their way to clear up the problem and propose an alternate solution. They were so helpful and friendly we stayed with them on our way back through Antigua. We loved it!

• 28th Mar 2015

Place to Stay put me up for my first night travelling on my own, and it was a brilliant start to my trip. Located right next to the main market and easy to walk to good restaurants and bars. Small and basic but comfortable accommodation and a really good atsmoshphere. But the best thing was the people who run the hostel - so welcoming, friendly and helpful. Put me at ease instantly. Thank you Place to Stay

We enjoyed our stay here. the staff is great! Raul helped us with tours, shuttles, advice... The other staff members are equally helpful. Antigua is not a cheap city, the hostel is great value for money and includes breakfast. the kitchen is decent and the shower was hot. Our private room was basic/dated but we were comfortable. We will stay there again if we return to antigua.

Great, great experience here. Raul and company do an excellent job of looking after their guests. Outside of the center of Antigua but I prefer that because it is right next to the market. Raul is great for recommending other places to stay in Guatemala and can book them and transport for you. Beds could be a little nicer but I slept well and the price is right. Will gladly stay again. No se puede perder aquí.

My friends and I spent a few nights in "Place to stay" 3 weeks ago and I have to say that it is a really good hostel for backpackers ! Raul, the owner is a very friendly person and is always available for any (good) advice. Clearly, we enjoyed our stay !!!

• 6th Mar 2015

You can find a great service in this hostel. Nice atmosphere inside the hostel. Delicious Breaksfast included.

The friendliest hostel that I've ever stayed. The hostel has a very good atmosphere and the owner Rahul goes out of his way to help the guests staying there. Overall a great hostel.

Originally booked for two nights, but I just can't stay a second night there. The dorm was really tight, the beds in lower bunk is super low, mattresses are saggy, pillows are uneven lumps of cotton like material, wifi was unstable. There was NO locker in the whole place for guest! the boss (manager) said he can keep my passport and money. So in the afternoon before I went out, I knocked on his closed office door, he asked me to wait, I waited for 2 minutes patiently, then knocked on the door

A really great place to stay - I arrived early in the morning and the owners very kindly included me in breakfast for that day, despite me not paying for the night before. All the guests were then whisked off to the hot springs in the back of Raoul's pickup truck - a really amazing and fun start to the stay! Everyone at the hostel is so friendly, and it's only about 44q a night (including breakfast), Raoul will book you your shuttles and buses sans markup! Only downside is the midnight curfew.

Raul is an amazing person and someone who genuinely cares about your comfort and mostly your safety. He is an encyclopedia of information of things to do around the area and is more than willing to help book places for your next stop, which saves you a lot of headache figuring it out yourself! I would recommend this place for anyone. You are going to love it!