Place To Stay Antigua Reviews

5a. Calle Poniente Callejón Landivar, 42, Antigua, Guatemala

Raul was very helpful. When we left early in the morning he made sure we were up to catch the shuttle connections. The simple breakfast in the morning was a great bonus. This hostel was a basic one but it is great for the value and the location was good. It was close to the buses and you would hear the " Guate, Guate, Guate" during the day but it added to the atmosphere. Entry was a locked gate, staff were the ones who let you in. Would gladly return!!

great, affordable hostel. the owners were very helpful in planning day trips. the provided a very nice breakfast each morning.

Antigua has some great hostels with lots of things to offer the traveller. Unfortunately, this is not one of them. That said, if you want a cheap place to sleep that is quiet, then this place will do. It is located right next to the market for easy access. Not a bad place, just mellow-yellow.

A nice, clean place to stay right next to Antigua's bustling market and bus station. The owners and staff are wonderful people who are constantly jumping through hoops to help their guests. Raul, the owner, helped us by booking our tours and shuttles at no additional fee, and waking up at 6am to make sure we got on the right chicken bus from Antigua to Panajachel. Antonia, one of the staff, made me rice and tea and gave me medicine when I had an upset stomach. Nicest people you'll ever meet.

A very accomodating host. I had some problems and he helped me out with local information and his personal time. He constantly gives good advice to new travelers. I would go there again anytime. It is a very social atmosphere, aided by the architecture of the place and the host. Highly recommend.

Despite making (and paying for) a reservation this hostel gave my bed to someone else with no explanation other than she was younger than me and female therefore seemingly deserved the bed more than i did... The owner did work hard to find me a place to stay elsewhere but to be honest, a couple hours stress and tuk tuks across town was what I wanted to avoid and the whole reason I made a reservation in the first place!

• 29th Dec 2013

I had a wonderful time at a place to stay!!! A great vibe, central location, amazing breakfast and Raul the owner is great! The only thing that could improve this place is the cleanliness of the dorms and the bathrooms. But they aren't unbearable!

A very good hostel with a very friendly host. The people there are good, and it was a very enjoyable stay. I will stay there on my way back to the airport!!!!

The best thing about this hostel were the staff. They were friendly, spoke excellent English and were very helpful. The place itself is a bit basic and the 5 bed dorm I was in was a little cramped but comfortable. The bathrooms were clean and there was some warm water during my stay. There is breakfast served every morning at around 9am. This is not the most centrally located hostel in Antigua but I would stay here again. Bear in mind that the hostel enforces a 12:30 am curfew.

Extremely friendly owner who caters to your every need, provides free breakfast, and great advice. Highly recommend this hostel.

Raul and Fernando were extremely helpful in making sure we had everything we needed and in arranging transportation when we left. The vibe there is very laid back. The common area is a good place to hang out... Unless you are allergic to cats because there are a few friendly cats in the common area. The rooms were nothing fancy, but clean and exactly what we were looking for. The shared bathrooms were also well maintained throughout the day. Best value in Antigua in my opinion!

• 22nd Nov 2013

Loved it here. Right in the centre. Very safe. Staff very helpful with giving advice on things to do and booking busses for us. Perfect for what we needed.

This is a fantastic hostel. We stayed for almost a week, and left very early on a Monday morning. Raul and Fernando both got up to make us breakfast and say goodbye. It's the little things like that, which mean a lot to you when you stay somewhere.

• 24th Sep 2013

Awesome place to stay. Very friendly and honest staff/owner, secure area with a court yard and and locked gate. Decent rooms for an honest price. Great atmosphere with a decent communal area and full access to a Kitchen. Wifi is decent although the router is a bit glitchy. Only bad thing I can say about it is that the Bathrooms could use cleaning more often. Namely the floors.

Good enough for a stopover, and convenient for the bus station and the market/supermarket. It's very noisy though, both due to the buses and also nearby clubs or bars (I couldn't say which but they were seriously loud at night). Nice room though. Fine for a short stay out of necessity but I'd recommend other places for an extended visit to Antigua