Planet Inn Backpackers Reviews

496 Newcastle Street, West Perth, Perth, Australia

At first i didn't want to stay there the whole time. It was far and the walk seemed sketchy or dodgey to get there. For a million dollar property $10k would go a long way if the owner were to invest in it. But in the end the staff provailed, it wasn't to far to walk and I felt pretty safe. Probably wouldnt stay at that one again but would invite all the staff and people I met to come stay at my place. Backyard and lounge ok, kitchen kept clean by staff, but owner needs to invest. Not for squimis

• 7th Jan 2016

The hostel is good with a good amount of space. Mama Shar is a lovely woman and is always keen to help the guests. It might be a good idea to have someone all the time in the reception.

As soon as we walked through the door Mama Shar made us feel very welcome and we straight away felt at home in the hostel. All the other backpackers were friendly, and the hostel has a really good atmosphere. We have never in 2 years travelling felt more at home at a hostel! Thank you Mama Shar...we will see you soon!

• 1st Jan 2016

I have never seen such a dirty hostel. There was a mouse running through the kitchen and a rat in the room. Luckily I was in the upper bung bed - but the rat jumped over the other girl's lower bung bed. Absolutely disgusting. I booked two nights but only spent one there because it was so bad.

• 26th Dec 2015

I loved my stay at Planet Inn hostel. The manager, Mama Shar, is the nicest person. Not only you have free breakfast Monday to Friday. The toilets are clean and so are the rooms. If you have a lazy day and just don't want to go out you can relax in the large garden behind the building or just lay down on the comfy couches of the common area, which is definitely my favourite part of the hostel. The only thing I could really complain about the missing air con.

Could do with a little sprucing up but generally ok stay. Saw a few cockroaches in the kitchen which wasn't nice. Mama Shar is very welcoming and helpful. Free bus into the city right outside the hostel.

Such a great hostel..such a great atmosphere thanks to the great people. Have booked originally 2 nights but will stay for over a week! Thanks! Would definitely recommend it!

I had a wonderful time at the hostel! The staff really set this hostel above and beyond many others. I had a fun and comfortable stay!

Despite previous reviews that put some people off, if you are ballsy enough to look past the mess and want to meet people from all over the world with a story, then this is the place to be! Such a warm welcoming from everyone and I was only there one night! Yes there is a bit of mess here and there, it needs a renovation but it is clean, conveniently located and I did not once feel uncomfortable. This is a place where you can relax, there's not so many rules, so you can be yourself! Thanks!!

The backpack is old but the young peope clean often the bathroom It's not a big backpacker So it's easy to meet som people The atmospher is very Good.

The atmosphere were awesome 10/10. All the people were very friendly which made me feel good as a alone traveller. I highly recommend this hostel if you want to have fun !! Thanks mama shar for your welcoming heart. .

Amazing hostel!! Its all about the vibes out there and how everybody can get in to a big family really easy :) I had spent 8 awesome weeks there. Thanks to Mama Shar to work that hard to make it possible.

The hostel was ok. The atmosphere was not good due the large number of long term residents there.

is clean but every night is beer & party unable to sleep early.

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Malaysia

My room door looked like someone tried to break in 50 times. Everything was a little bit broken and dirty. A renovation is necessary because it could be a nice place. But the staff (mama Shae) is very friendly and the other guests too. It is a little bit outside but there is a free bus to take in the city.

Great stay, perfect location and the cleanliness is by far the best ive seen lately. Staff are awesome too Thanks heaps mama Char!!

• 20th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

This Hostel is really nice, close to the city center. miss you mama shar and the other guys:)