Planet Inn Backpackers Reviews

496 Newcastle Street, West Perth, Perth, Australia

very cheap and worth the price

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

Absolutely fantastic place! I've already booked to stay again. The description of it being like a home from home is very accurate - not at all like your average hostel. The whole unusual and unique feeling of the place is very refreshing when put up against other more traditonal places. The bar was always buzzing but you could never hear it from the room - you got the best of both worlds - nightlife and the ability to sleep. I will and have recommended the place to friends. PLANET INN

• 17th Aug 2014

Great location, great music and great bar

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Finland

It's cheap. and that's about it. 4-bed room is like 3*2,5m big, so once you enter the room you pretty much stand in the bed of a roommate. As we were 4 people in our room I had to sleep with my luggage in my bed. I arrived at 12.30am and noone was at reception and the frontddor closed. Noone answered the phone and there was no doorbell (as said on a sign). Took me about half an hour to finally get in. And then I had to make my bed. Facilities are horrible, was suprised they'd locks. Avoid it!!

hellow normally we don't talk bad about someone but our stay was not good it was verry dirty,the ground sticks to your shoes, the kitchen was a dump, allot of people smoke weed and nobody talks about it. the drinks in the vendingmachine was overdate, it was cheap if you look to other hostels but it was just to bad. sorry

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

the best hostel i've ever been. everyone is super friendly. you can get amazing friends and experiences here! (and this is the cheapest hostel in perth!) highly recommended. in the morning, there is good breakfast and hot coffee everyday. i really like this atmosphere in this morning time. and in the night, the bar is open! the bar staff is really nice. and there we play billiards under the retro light.. it's like a scene from old movies. the rooms and the bathroom are clean, feel comfortable.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Japan

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in. The lady gave me sheets to make my bed after wiping a coach roach off of the side with them ... The room I stayed in was only big enough for 2 people ... Then at 3.45 am two more people checked in ... I had to wake the lad up to take me to the train station (after booking a transfer and paying extra for 8.00 ) ... I don't expect my guests to wake me up for work!! People were smoking inside ... All in all the worst hostel I've stayed in.

• 4th Jul 2014

Very friendly staff, managed to help us out last minute in a right situation, and made us feel welcome and at home. Would definately recommend if staying in Perth.

Apart from the free wifi, this was potentially the worst experience of my life. Upon arrival we found our booking had been lost (as had several other peoples) and there was at least a 3 hour period before we were finally shown to a room (there was a kitchen knife stuck into the floor) We were put in a bed that someone had clearly been kicked out of for us to stay in with their belongings still around/on it. There was little to no security measures in place, rooms were not locked. Don't do it.

• 24th Jun 2014

amy fawcett gday mate sorry that u had the worst experience of your life u only stayed one night we do try are best .

I only stayed one night, found it very comfortable like a home away from home. Free WIFI ... a big saving. Definitive one of the better Hostels I"ve been to.

• 16th Jun 2014

Wow what a great hostel friendly staff old building with character. It was clean and tidy. Can't complain will be back again.

• 15th Jun 2014

For the price you pay you can not expect anything better. It is up to the guests to keep the place tidy. I had a snoring mate in the room. My bad luck.

We chose to stay here because it was the cheapest hostel in Perth, and by god, it seemed like the cheapest hostel in Perth. The uninterested staff advised us we didn't need a key for the room or the front door (what!?), the kitchen looked like it had been ravaged by a muddy tsunami and although we booked and paid for a 6 bed, we were thrust haphazardly into an 8 bed where me and my friend were made to share a double. In addition, we found someone sleeping in our bed when we got home at night!

I have been to soooo many hostels the last 10 months I have been traveling and I am really not picky and never expect the best and I can tell you this is the worst hostel I have ever been in Australia AND Asia. For a little more you can easily find something a wayyyy better. I have never seen an unorganized hostel like this, such a bad location, doors never locked, dirty, the tinnest room I have ever seen.

• 1st Jun 2014

This hostel isnt clean.. There is no convinience store/restaurant/grocery close of there. Once the reception was supposed to open at 10am cause it was an holiday day then the guy came over at 10:20am so that was not professional at all..

• 1st Jun 2014

Hi,probably one of the worst places to stay. Description of the hostel is not true things as 24hours reception. Airport transfers (only if a backpacker is available with his own car. Free wifi (doesn't work all the time. You're lucky if you have a hot shower. NON-English speaking reception. Disgusting kitchen and we had two mouses in the room which we called Tom & Jerry. We have a lot of pictures of them. Hostel managers is continuously blackmailing people. Unfriendly staff. Worst place to stay

• 24th May 2014

Ended up not staying at this property due to the lack of cleanliness of the facility as well as not feeling safe on the premises.

• 22nd May 2014

Double booked us, and my partner and I had to sleep in a single bed and had to pay the full amount still

• 13th May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in Planet Inn. Its a perfect location and staff are really helpfull.

The staff, they are truly amazing people who make you want to stay there for a looong time. Joseph gave me a ride to another hostel only to see me come back the next day! I love this hostel and will come back!

• 8th May 2014
  • Sweden

hi linn thanks for the comment planet inn team miss u loads hope u come back sooooon