Planet Inn Backpackers Reviews

496 Newcastle Street, West Perth, Perth, Australia

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in. The lady gave me sheets to make my bed after wiping a coach roach off of the side with them ... The room I stayed in was only big enough for 2 people ... Then at 3.45 am two more people checked in ... I had to wake the lad up to take me to the train station (after booking a transfer and paying extra for 8.00 ) ... I don't expect my guests to wake me up for work!! People were smoking inside ... All in all the worst hostel I've stayed in.

• 4th Jul 2014

Very friendly staff, managed to help us out last minute in a right situation, and made us feel welcome and at home. Would definately recommend if staying in Perth.

Apart from the free wifi, this was potentially the worst experience of my life. Upon arrival we found our booking had been lost (as had several other peoples) and there was at least a 3 hour period before we were finally shown to a room (there was a kitchen knife stuck into the floor) We were put in a bed that someone had clearly been kicked out of for us to stay in with their belongings still around/on it. There was little to no security measures in place, rooms were not locked. Don't do it.

• 24th Jun 2014

amy fawcett gday mate sorry that u had the worst experience of your life u only stayed one night we do try are best .

I only stayed one night, found it very comfortable like a home away from home. Free WIFI ... a big saving. Definitive one of the better Hostels I"ve been to.

• 16th Jun 2014

Wow what a great hostel friendly staff old building with character. It was clean and tidy. Can't complain will be back again.

• 15th Jun 2014

For the price you pay you can not expect anything better. It is up to the guests to keep the place tidy. I had a snoring mate in the room. My bad luck.

We chose to stay here because it was the cheapest hostel in Perth, and by god, it seemed like the cheapest hostel in Perth. The uninterested staff advised us we didn't need a key for the room or the front door (what!?), the kitchen looked like it had been ravaged by a muddy tsunami and although we booked and paid for a 6 bed, we were thrust haphazardly into an 8 bed where me and my friend were made to share a double. In addition, we found someone sleeping in our bed when we got home at night!

I have been to soooo many hostels the last 10 months I have been traveling and I am really not picky and never expect the best and I can tell you this is the worst hostel I have ever been in Australia AND Asia. For a little more you can easily find something a wayyyy better. I have never seen an unorganized hostel like this, such a bad location, doors never locked, dirty, the tinnest room I have ever seen.

• 1st Jun 2014

This hostel isnt clean.. There is no convinience store/restaurant/grocery close of there. Once the reception was supposed to open at 10am cause it was an holiday day then the guy came over at 10:20am so that was not professional at all..

• 1st Jun 2014

Ended up not staying at this property due to the lack of cleanliness of the facility as well as not feeling safe on the premises.

• 22nd May 2014

Double booked us, and my partner and I had to sleep in a single bed and had to pay the full amount still

• 13th May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in Planet Inn. Its a perfect location and staff are really helpfull.

The staff, they are truly amazing people who make you want to stay there for a looong time. Joseph gave me a ride to another hostel only to see me come back the next day! I love this hostel and will come back!

• 8th May 2014
  • Sweden

hi linn thanks for the comment planet inn team miss u loads hope u come back sooooon

I have a great stay in Planet Inn Backpacker .. Great location .. The manager is very nice .. The people who stay here is very nice too.. Good!!

• 7th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

great stay at planet inn the staff were amazing the facilities were great the prices were cheap and most of importantly the alcohol was cheap :) would definately reccomend it. ****

• 23rd Apr 2014

Good place to stay , chilled out environment . Staff are friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again :)

• 23rd Apr 2014

Planet inn the cheapest hostel in perth with the lucky duck bar .I've has a great laugh , made lots of new friends I'll remember forever !

• Denmark

I booked in for one night, but expanded my stay for another 4 weeks, as I really liked it. It is a nice and familiar place, as it is a quite small place, you get to know every other guests and become good friends. They always have something going on, like a free bbq night, pool competitions and so on. Also they have special contracts with several clubs and bars in perth, so as a poor backpacker you can get free drinks and free entry in there. They also have free wifi and free breakfast.

• 23rd Apr 2014

good cheap hostel and friendly atmosphere , with excellent staff. close to city , free shuttle bus and airport pick up . definatly recomend staying

• New Zealand

Hostel was fairly dirty and very disorganised. No plugs to charge my stuff. Terrible location.