Planet Inn Backpackers Reviews

496 Newcastle Street, West Perth, Perth, Australia

Not very happy with my stay and only stayed the one night( i was booked for an 8 day stay.) Dont believe the ad it is all untrue. No cooked breakfast. Dirty linen. Unclean bathroom and kitchen. Vermin coming up through floorboards. 4 bed dorm no bigger than 3m x 2m. Staff not helpful, when asked for help opening the dorm door which wouldnt unlock, took them 45minutes to even bother having a look. I did have to cut my stay short but am not going back there again. Lost money, but have my health.

• 9th Dec 2014

No pool. No airport pickup. Extremely filthy. Definitely the worst hostel I've ever stayed in.

• 5th Dec 2014

Not the cleanest but very nice people. Always great fun

• 26th Nov 2014

Great place friendly people helpfull staff free wifi great bar clean kitchen good value for money will be back again

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Kazakhstan

Booked into Planet inn for 5 night originally and ended up staying for 5 weeks! Can not say nice enough things about this place! The only reason I left is because I got my own place with friends I made in the hostel! Super friendly and feels like home after day 1, I'm always popping back for a cuppa and a catch up with friends who are still there! Thanks for everything guys, you made Perth feel like my home right from the start! Miss living here in many ways :)

• 29th Oct 2014

The long term guests call this hostel "planet bin" and I think it accurately describes this place. We were promised airport pickup... didn't happen We were promised wifi....Didn't work .. ever We were promised breakfast...nope We booked a 4 person dorm....paid then got the keys to a six person dorm - surprise We went to cook dinner and saw converse marinating in one of the cooking pots Our room wasn't cleaned once in 3 days Toilets out of TP everyday Corridors stunk

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Classic backpackers spot, nothing overly comfortable or clean about the place, but a good atmosphere which makes up for everything else. ' You get what you pay for with this place!!

i dont feel realy welcome in this hostel

• 11th Sep 2014

very cheap and worth the price

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

Absolutely fantastic place! I've already booked to stay again. The description of it being like a home from home is very accurate - not at all like your average hostel. The whole unusual and unique feeling of the place is very refreshing when put up against other more traditonal places. The bar was always buzzing but you could never hear it from the room - you got the best of both worlds - nightlife and the ability to sleep. I will and have recommended the place to friends. PLANET INN

• 17th Aug 2014

Great location, great music and great bar

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Finland

It's cheap. and that's about it. 4-bed room is like 3*2,5m big, so once you enter the room you pretty much stand in the bed of a roommate. As we were 4 people in our room I had to sleep with my luggage in my bed. I arrived at 12.30am and noone was at reception and the frontddor closed. Noone answered the phone and there was no doorbell (as said on a sign). Took me about half an hour to finally get in. And then I had to make my bed. Facilities are horrible, was suprised they'd locks. Avoid it!!

hellow normally we don't talk bad about someone but our stay was not good it was verry dirty,the ground sticks to your shoes, the kitchen was a dump, allot of people smoke weed and nobody talks about it. the drinks in the vendingmachine was overdate, it was cheap if you look to other hostels but it was just to bad. sorry

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

the best hostel i've ever been. everyone is super friendly. you can get amazing friends and experiences here! (and this is the cheapest hostel in perth!) highly recommended. in the morning, there is good breakfast and hot coffee everyday. i really like this atmosphere in this morning time. and in the night, the bar is open! the bar staff is really nice. and there we play billiards under the retro light.. it's like a scene from old movies. the rooms and the bathroom are clean, feel comfortable.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Japan

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in. The lady gave me sheets to make my bed after wiping a coach roach off of the side with them ... The room I stayed in was only big enough for 2 people ... Then at 3.45 am two more people checked in ... I had to wake the lad up to take me to the train station (after booking a transfer and paying extra for 8.00 ) ... I don't expect my guests to wake me up for work!! People were smoking inside ... All in all the worst hostel I've stayed in.

• 4th Jul 2014

Very friendly staff, managed to help us out last minute in a right situation, and made us feel welcome and at home. Would definately recommend if staying in Perth.

Apart from the free wifi, this was potentially the worst experience of my life. Upon arrival we found our booking had been lost (as had several other peoples) and there was at least a 3 hour period before we were finally shown to a room (there was a kitchen knife stuck into the floor) We were put in a bed that someone had clearly been kicked out of for us to stay in with their belongings still around/on it. There was little to no security measures in place, rooms were not locked. Don't do it.

• 24th Jun 2014

amy fawcett gday mate sorry that u had the worst experience of your life u only stayed one night we do try are best .