Planet Paprika Hostel Reviews

Sehit Muhtar Mahallesi Taksim Akarcasi Sokak, No: 3 Taksim Beytoglu Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Serhat (Mr. Paprika) is an excellent host! If you are looking for places to explore in Beyoglu, he has great recommendations

• 10th Dec 2014

Not quite what I was expecting when I signed up... Not a bad owner but be aware that he speaks no english... it was dirty, no wifi in the rooms, no toilet paper in the bathrooms, poor kitchen amenities and next to no atmosphere. After my experience I moved to another Hostel the next day and was much happier. Many locals staying there seem to be there in transit, to make airport transfers and/or just get drunk on the weekend.

• 8th Nov 2014

He is not the owner you are talking about ; he is my workmate and his English is quite enough to communicate if you want , sorry to hear this, and believe me he is one of the most peaceful and friendly people I have ever met. The other things that you mention is very basic things just you can ask for help about toilet paper or other things. Taksim is not a quiet place also , Be in peace Mr. Paprika

Great location but very noisy during the weekend. Well, if you look for comfort and a nice common roon or a kitchen, that's not the place to go. But if you just want to have a bed and a shower, that's fair enough. Probably better to go there during the summer when activities are organized.

What a hostel ; Mr Paprika is great and he is so helpful , my herat is steal at the Planet ; strongly recommend this place :)

• 27th Sep 2014

Great spot. Mr. Paprika is a very good host.

Just fine

Mr paprika is a really nice guy but when I woke up in the morning there was no one there to open the door for me to go out or even give me a map or something. I needed to ask someone in the street to ring the bell so they could show up. Same thing when I needed to check out. Was in a hurry to catch the bus to the airport and there was no one in the front desk for about 10 minutes. The location in pretty good. Clean bathroom. The lockers could be easily broken but everything was fine.

What a great hostel!! The staff was so friendly. I was a solo traveler and I never felt alone while staying at Planet Paprika. Although the Wifi is only on the first floor, it's pretty minor detail. Actually, it gives you a chance to meet other people at the hostel which is nice. The private room was very spacious and clean. The washroom/shower is small but when you are in Istanbul, I hope that it wouldn't be a total deal breaker to not have a giant soaker tub. Will definitely return!

This hostel is in an excellent location . Stay here if you want to be at the liveliest part of Istanbul. Near by is Istiklal which is alive 24 hours a day. The hotel is clean with friendly staff. I stayed in the mixed delux dormitory which was sufficient for me.

I have been to many places, europe, america, australia etc. This was the most valuable hostel i've ever stayed. Location itself is so perfect. Right in the Taksim Square. Walk, metro and bus are so close . Staff was so wonderful and beautiful with smile. Facilities were also great. I definitely recommend #planetpaprika and would stay in there again if I go back to Istanbul.

Thanks, we had a great time with you guys!

• 14th Aug 2014

If you want a quiet night's sleep, look elsewhere. If you want to party, book now!

Fantastic place to stay if you want to meet new people, great prices for rooms and fantastic staff are always on hand to help.

• 17th Jul 2014

The hosts were very nice and friendly. There was a nice common room to hang and meet other guests. The front of the hostel is very secure as one of the hosts was already around and at night it was all locked up. There were lockers in the room for added security. The location was fantastic as it was just off of Istiklal and Taksim Square. Only complaint is that one night our food was half eaten out of the fridge, so some sort of organization there could help.