Planet Paprika Hostel Reviews

Sehit Muhtar Mahallesi Taksim Akarcasi Sokak, No: 3 Taksim Beytoglu Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Stayed a night en- route to other destination. Location is good and Mr Serhat knows it all, just ask for any info to this friendly local man. If you really just want a lively place then, Planet Parika is the place.

Mr. Paprika is World best host ever!! He gives the Great informations about the City, Culture, food And of course the amazing Nightlife in Istanbul. Thank you for that beautifull time full of fun, dance, talk And friendship. See you soon😊

• 1st Feb 2015

Location is flawless. Was only here for 1n transiting, but the beds are lumpy, dorm room bathroom quite unclean and for the same price in the old town you can get something 1000x better (private room, etc). Free wifi was a plus. I would not recommend this place for a long stay.

There are hostels and there is Planet Paprika..If you are looking for a "normal" hostel experience bad surprises included than look somewhereelse. In Planet Paprika you will definitely feel at home and experience the best stay in a hostel ever.

• 27th Jan 2015

We had a great stay at this hostel, the staff was very friendly and the location was amazing, only a five minute walk from the metro station in Taksim. The accommodations were about what you would expect for the price and the bathroom had recently been redone, which was very nice. It also was one of the only hostels in the area which did not have a two-night minimum, which was great since we were staying the night on an extended layover. They definitely have my highest recommendation!

• 25th Jan 2015

If you wanna be a part of Istanbul at a right place with nice host and staff. This is Planet Paprika Hostel. Be a Planet Paprika Citizen :)

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Turkey

I had a great time in this place! I met the friendliest hostel staff I have ever seen. The hostel is very central and everybody is very friendly and hospitable. Strongly recommend.

Serhat (Mr. Paprika) is an excellent host! If you are looking for places to explore in Beyoglu, he has great recommendations

• 10th Dec 2014

Not quite what I was expecting when I signed up... Not a bad owner but be aware that he speaks no english... it was dirty, no wifi in the rooms, no toilet paper in the bathrooms, poor kitchen amenities and next to no atmosphere. After my experience I moved to another Hostel the next day and was much happier. Many locals staying there seem to be there in transit, to make airport transfers and/or just get drunk on the weekend.

• 8th Nov 2014

He is not the owner you are talking about ; he is my workmate and his English is quite enough to communicate if you want , sorry to hear this, and believe me he is one of the most peaceful and friendly people I have ever met. The other things that you mention is very basic things just you can ask for help about toilet paper or other things. Taksim is not a quiet place also , Be in peace Mr. Paprika

Great location but very noisy during the weekend. Well, if you look for comfort and a nice common roon or a kitchen, that's not the place to go. But if you just want to have a bed and a shower, that's fair enough. Probably better to go there during the summer when activities are organized.

What a hostel ; Mr Paprika is great and he is so helpful , my herat is steal at the Planet ; strongly recommend this place :)

• 27th Sep 2014

Great spot. Mr. Paprika is a very good host.

Just fine

Mr paprika is a really nice guy but when I woke up in the morning there was no one there to open the door for me to go out or even give me a map or something. I needed to ask someone in the street to ring the bell so they could show up. Same thing when I needed to check out. Was in a hurry to catch the bus to the airport and there was no one in the front desk for about 10 minutes. The location in pretty good. Clean bathroom. The lockers could be easily broken but everything was fine.

What a great hostel!! The staff was so friendly. I was a solo traveler and I never felt alone while staying at Planet Paprika. Although the Wifi is only on the first floor, it's pretty minor detail. Actually, it gives you a chance to meet other people at the hostel which is nice. The private room was very spacious and clean. The washroom/shower is small but when you are in Istanbul, I hope that it wouldn't be a total deal breaker to not have a giant soaker tub. Will definitely return!