Planet Paprika Hostel Reviews

Sehit Muhtar Mahallesi Taksim Akarcasi Sokak, No: 3 Taksim Beytoglu Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Planet Paprika goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome and appreciated. Their hospitality is top notch! I've been to Istanbul 5 times and every time I visit, I stay at Planet Paprika. The hostel is clean and the beds are comfortable. I always felt that both myself and my belongings were safe and secure. Mr. Paprika is wonderful at providing information about the wonderful sights of this great city. Planet Paprika is located in the heart of Taksim and is close to everything.

unfortunately, this hostel promised more than it kept. it was very cold everywhere inside, we could only sit with jackets in our room. the atmosphere is a bit like in a bus station waiting area, very cold and uncomfortable. compared to other hostels for half the price in the same area, the value is very low. the locker in the room is just a joke - a 5 year old can open this in a minute. when i told them about the cold rooms or the nonworking internet, no one cared. i would not go there again.

Planet Paprika is very friendly. I think there would be no other choice for me. Only Paprika.

• 12th Jan 2016
  • Turkey

Thanks for everything. It was awesome and excellent there in Planet Paprika. The stuff was very friendly and helpful.

• 12th Jan 2016
  • Portugal

This is the best Planet : Mr paprika is more than great

• 25th Dec 2015
  • Turkey

My stay at Planet Paprika was phenomenal! Not only was the staff incredibly hospitable but the location of the hostel was in one of the best parts of the city and made navigating the rest of Istanbul very easy! Most hostels don't let you check in earlier than the listed check-in time but even when I arrived 3 hours earlier than expected, the staff was more than happy to welcome me in! Honestly some of the nicest people I've ever met! Definitely would recommend this place to everyone!

• 18th Dec 2015

Good location good staff when needed help they provided everything very good owner and when i had to leave early and asked for a refund i got it back. Thanks again for the pleasent stay.

• 2nd Nov 2015
  • Greece

Keep up the good work. You are do an excellent job taking care of travelers. Keep your hostel small and personal. Great staff and boss.

I really enjoyed my stay here, great location and everyone is so freindly and great fun. hope to see you guys again some time.

• 27th Aug 2015

Thought I was going to catch something from the beds and bedding provided. Bathroom was built on a slope - drain to the shower was at the highest point. Provided with equipment to move water up the slope into the drain so the bathroom doesn't flood out into the dorm...

Friendly staff and very well located. For travelers who choose a hostel to meet other people this might not be the perfect place, since the only 'social area' is the kitchen in the basement, where nobody hangs out.

Serhat and his staff were very accommodating. He and his staff were more than helpful for any questions and went out of their way to make my stay friendly and fun.

Close to Taksim where is a good place for everything.

• 20th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

This hostel is located only few steps from Taksim Square so it`s easy to go around and explore the city. Serhat the owner was very nice with me and took me to a really great restaurant where we had an amaizing turkish dinner .My stay was perfect and I liked the location and all the tips about what to see and do. This place is more about nice people and not just another place to sleep.Ask about the tea across the street!

The location of Planet Paprika is perfect, the owner and the staff are super nice, friendly, flexible and helpful. I will definatly stay here again.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Finland

Stayed a night en- route to other destination. Location is good and Mr Serhat knows it all, just ask for any info to this friendly local man. If you really just want a lively place then, Planet Parika is the place.

Mr. Paprika is World best host ever!! He gives the Great informations about the City, Culture, food And of course the amazing Nightlife in Istanbul. Thank you for that beautifull time full of fun, dance, talk And friendship. See you soon😊

• 1st Feb 2015

Location is flawless. Was only here for 1n transiting, but the beds are lumpy, dorm room bathroom quite unclean and for the same price in the old town you can get something 1000x better (private room, etc). Free wifi was a plus. I would not recommend this place for a long stay.

There are hostels and there is Planet Paprika..If you are looking for a "normal" hostel experience bad surprises included than look somewhereelse. In Planet Paprika you will definitely feel at home and experience the best stay in a hostel ever.

• 27th Jan 2015

We had a great stay at this hostel, the staff was very friendly and the location was amazing, only a five minute walk from the metro station in Taksim. The accommodations were about what you would expect for the price and the bathroom had recently been redone, which was very nice. It also was one of the only hostels in the area which did not have a two-night minimum, which was great since we were staying the night on an extended layover. They definitely have my highest recommendation!

• 25th Jan 2015