Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

I really liked this hostel. It is walkable for almost everything in downtown Toronto, the staff are quite friendly, and the cost is good for a big city. My only challenge was that the room was small for six of us, and I had to store my stuff in the hallway to our room for it to fit. I think a few shelves for the bunks and possibly the bunk beds with drawers on them could be a big help. Overall, great place and I would stay again!

Definitely, one of the best hostels I visited. In an excellent location if you want to explore Downtown or enjoy the laid-back atmosphere of the Kensington market. You feel at home and you can easily meet people and the awesome staff makes the atmosphere in this hostel even more exceptional. The hostel has modern clean rooms and an amazing rooftop overlooking Downtown Toronto. Wi-Fi worked OK and breakfast gives you several nice choices to start your day. I do strongly recommend this hostel.

The best backpacker ever, it looks like a nice hotel. friendly, clean, very nice!!

I enjoyed staying at planet traveller it had all you needed, good rooms, sweet rooftop common area overlooking the city, good free breakfast. I would stay next time I go back to Toronto

I had a good time, had a bathroom inside my room, and the breakfast was very good with a huge variety of breads and cereals. However, my room was not that clean, the floor and bathroom was considerably dirty comparing to other hostels that I've been. The location is good, pretty close to streetcars, and walkable distances to downtown and good restaurants. Kensington market is right on the street beside and is a good place to grab lunch, a beer or spend some time. =)

Overall, Planet Traveler is definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Great building & location, very clean, private bathrooms, amazing rooftop patio… My one complaint, and one that's pretty substantial, is that all of the common areas close and lock up at midnight, so there isn't even anywhere to sit and use your computer at night. I found that very difficult, as I'm a writer, and I ended up just having to sit on the floor in the hallway to use my computer after midnight. That sucked.

• 3rd Sep 2014

The staff was really great and I love that there are organized events for anyone staying there - the hostel planned a pub crawl for anyone who wanted to join while I was staying there.

• 3rd Sep 2014

I thought the staff were friendly and welcoming. I liked the tour of the hostel and the map/travel advice I was given when I arrived. The communal areas including the bathroom in the bedroom was kept clean by the staff to a high standard. Their effort in organising social events was appreciated. In my opinion the bedrooms are too small to accommodate 6 beds. There is too little space for everybody's luggage and also no table.

• 31st Aug 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were very clean, the staff was excellent, and the location was perfect. We were here for two nights and wished we could have stayed longer! The hostel is located in the middle of everything, making it super easy to get around!

Overall, the stay was pleasant. Clean rooms and private bathroom (shared by 6) what more can you ask for? Best for a group of 6 but if you're in a couple, hopefully no one occupies the toilet for too long. the public spaces they have is amazing- a rooftop

A very clean and friendly hostel offering some activities for the travellers. I really enjoyed my stay there and would book it again. It is conviently located and the city's attraction could be reached easily. The only downturns are luxurious problems, like the slow internet (but hey I am on vacation) and that there were no shelves at the bunk beds along with not a proper storage place for the luggage in the room. :-)

• 26th Aug 2014

I enjoyed myself here even though I was new to canada felt safe and met really cool people

• 25th Aug 2014

Planet traveler is one of the best hostels I have stayed at in years. With the exception of the rooms being so small you can barely open your suitcase, I have no complaints. Super clean, really nice staff, a good atmosphere, late checkout, wifi that actually works everywhere, phones that you can use for free to make local calls and breakfast that runs until 1pm.

I really liked my stay at the Planet Traveler. The staff makes a great job and especially the roof terrace is awesome. The pub crawl and the BBQ are great! It's not worth to reduce the rating, but the beds are really loud. Maybe some oil could help.

Awesome hostel! Very eco friendly and amazing staff. Room and bathroom were very clean! Rooftop? Awesomeness!! BBQ's every friday, great variety for breakfast, free wifi.. It was an amazing stay. Thanks again!!

Best Hostel ever! The view from Toronto is amazing.

Very friendly, Saturday night was great. Great view from the roof, great breakfast. Nice room.

• 21st Aug 2014

Really modern set up and very friendly staff - quite a walk from the centre but the district of Kensignton that its in is very cool too.

Location, staffs, breakfast, and everythings are awesome! I'd like to come again and recommend this hostel

• 20th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

The Hostel is very good but there are things that could be improved. For Example the floors in the hole Hostel could be cleaner and our bedsheets were dirty and had some holes.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6