Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

The room is too small, but the air conditioner works very well, the bathroom is very good, good shower, the breakfast is very good, internet works very well, the location is near to Kensington Market, the staff is very helpful, but dont go to the Niagara Falls with them. Go by yourself and do whatever you want to return at the end of the afternoon.

This hostel is the best hostel I ever stayed. When I arrived the hostel and saw the facility inside, I cancelled the other hostel I planned to stay in Toronto and booked the hostel directly. The cleanliness here is almost better than the hostel I stayed during the journey. The staff here mostly are friendly. The facilities here are new. It makes me feel like in a hotel. The location is great. It is nearby Kensington market and china town which are my favorite place in Toronto.

Love how long breakfast goes on for

We booked a private double with a shared bathroom and planned to stay four nights. We were attracted by the location, the green features and the great reviews. However, we stayed only one night, for the following reasons. The double was at the end of a narrow, dark hallway, off which were two other private rooms and a small bathroom. The room itself contained only a double bed and a floor lamp: no chair, no table, no dresser, no place to hang towels and clothes, just two pegs behind door.

Great hostel near Toronto University. Staff very friendly. Free, varied breakfast. Bike rentals and niagra tours. Nightly events held ln the rooftop. Slight walk into the centre of town, but streetcars and subway stops nearby.

The hostel is well placed. Street car stop is a couple of minutes away although I walked everywhere. 20/25 mins walk to CN tower. Rooms were excellent, clean and each with an ensuite bathroom. The Rooms also have air con which is a bonus in the summer heat.

I like the fact that different staff members speak different languages. I found employees helpful and friendly. I very much appreciated the fact that the hostel had a street car stop right in front of it and that access to public transit was easy. The view of the CN Tower from the rooftop was awesome! My stay at this hostel made my Pan Am Games experience that much more enjoyable!

• 20th Jul 2015

It was my second time around and it was just as wonderful as the first time around. If in Toronto, I'd always come back to this hostel. Clean, great organization and philosophy and super atmosphere! Go planet traveler! ;-)

I stayed on the third floor at the end of the hallway and on two nights there was a rather loud and disturbing noise going off. The noise was perfectly periodic so it most likely came from some machine above the room, which was right below the bar on the rooftop. This noise would set of between midnight and 4 am in the morning, so it was VERY disturbing when trying to get some sleep. I informed one of the employees about the noise but the following night, the noise was still there.

Small rooms, but otherwise perfect.

Stayed in a 6 person dorm for 4 nights. The hostel is in a good location by Kensington Market to find cheap food close by. About a 20min walk down to the CN tower and CBD district. The room had an Ensuite bathroom which was cleaned really well daily. Our only complaint is that there isn't a lot of space in the room for luggage with 6 people in there. The rooftop was a great place to sit and they organise good activities too. Breakfast has the biggest range of cereals and bagels!

I really liked everything: warm welcome, cool people, comfortable facilities, nice location and incredible dorms.

Really cool place, easily the best place I've stayed in Canada so far! If I was going to mention something it would be the wifi on the 3rd floor wasn't that great. If I'm ever back in Toronto I know exactly where I'm going.

• 6th Jul 2015

Incredible hostel. Staff were bordering on scarily friendly. Best hostel experience I've ever had. (Except for lost/stolen iPod)

I've stayed in a room with 3 bunk beds. When you have people with large suitcases in the room it's difficult to move around. I stayed on top and theres is no charger on the wall to plug laptop or even to charge your phone. There are only plugs next to the floor. It's certainly a thing to correct in the future. The hostel is really clean. The breakfast has a lot to choose and there is free coffee and tea at anytime. The view from rooftop is amazing. The staff is five stars. Keep up the good work

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Portugal

I had an awesome time staying at this hostel. Really enjoyed it. It was a nice friendly environment where I made new friends and slept comfortably. Definitely recommend it and would stay again.

The staff was really nice and helpful. The terrace view is amazing. There was a free barbeque on the terrace when I was there which was really nice. The hostel is about 10-15 minutes away from downtown which is great. It is located on a street full of fun bars to go at night so its a great! Only thing I would've preferred if the room was a little bigger, the bedroom was extremely small for 6 people.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Friendly and helpful staff, rooms were hotel quality with great air conditioning, really a pleasure to stay. A bit strange that the front desk closes from midnight to 7, that's really a problem for anyone arriving late or who forgets their key or something. I had a room on the top floor and it got no wifi reception.

Planet Traveler in itself was worth the trip to Toronto. I met wonderful travelers, and the staff was excellent.

• 2nd Jul 2015

One of the best hostels I ve ever been in.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6