Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

I want to go there again. But parking isn't free.

• 14th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

The main problem of this hostel is that from midnight to 7 o'clock there's no one at the reception and you cannot access de common areas. So if you have any problem, need assistance or have to check out, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU. Other problems: I stayed there for 3 days and the room was not cleaned. To check out, I had to remove all the bedding and leave it at the reception (weird!).

• 30th Nov 2014

We had a nice stay at this hostel. The breakfast was good and the rooftop bar was amazing. The bathrooms are very clean and we liked the people and the stuff.

• 28th Nov 2014

Excellent place to stay except: week wifi in the guest room, no hair dryer, no litter can in the guest room.

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Japan

Loved my stay here! Although small rooms, plenty of common space to hang out. Rooftop was fantastic as well as events planned for guests. Would definitely stay here again!

• 26th Nov 2014

Absolutely brilliant in every way. All new facilities including bathrooms which is the most important thing. Very friendly, helpful staff too.

Stayed here for 3 nights with my boyfriend. We were very impressed with the cleanliness and atmosphere. Tons of cereals, bagels, and bread for breakfast and/or lunch. Everyone in the hostel was friendly and helpful. Only downside was the private rooms are incredibly tiny with only enough space for a bed. We were hardly in our room though so it wasn't that bad.

Best hostel I've stayed at!

• 21st Nov 2014

nice and friendly staff, good location but the wifi does work in the room so we have to walk down to common room when we need wifi suggest to fix the wifi, other is perfect for traveler !!

The nicest hostel I've ever stayed in in Europe or the Americas. Like staying in a better grade hotel, clean, friendly, with excellent facilities. Clearly designed with excellent planning and investment, and well run. I could not help but observe the warm interaction between the owner and staff. Perfect location for all downtown attractions. Generous breakfast with tons of cold and hot foods. Excellent grade of clean soft bedding. Thanks to John for staying late to let me in when plane delayed.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in and absolutely the best breakfast supplied in a hostel! Staff really nice and even did a free pasta dinner on Saturday night where the atmosphere was fantastic - everyone talking to each other and exchanging stories. A really great experience.

Very good hostel!! Staff very kind. Roommate is so good mental. I met Good people in planet treveler. This planet is warming of hearts and body. :D

• 11th Nov 2014
  • archearts
  • South Korea

Fantastic hostel, one of the best I have ever stayed in! Great staff, fantastic location and very well maintained. Good space in rooms. Highly recommend staying here

• 5th Nov 2014

One of the best iv stayed in! Great staff and a really social environment made better by them providing parties, pub crawls and Halloween celebrations. Breakfast was great and all facilities worked well, including the wifi!

Most of the staff nice, warm, friendly and helpful. One gave me an unhappy face, when i was rushing for the plane and forgot abt the sheets when checked out, i had to climb up 3 flrs agn to get it. Traveling worldwide, this hostel is good, though its abt 20mins walk to airport shuttle pt, but taxi is not exp. Good breakfast, served till late , very convenient to some of the markets, very clean bathrooms, awesome rooftop, would be good if they have bedside light for reading, overall good!

Everything was absolutely wonderful. I am sad to have left. The only thing I would add would be that the hostel could better utilize the bar on the roof. It is a very cool space that seems to have a lot of potential. Maybe a band would be fun. Or just get permission to sell alcohol and open the bar up. Either way, GREAT hostel.

While this is the only hostel I have stayed in in North America, I have nothing but good things to Say about Planet Traveler. Very modern and clean, friendly staff, private bathrooms, free breakfasts and THAT VIEW from the upstairs bar. It made my trip. All the other people who had been traveling around said it was the best by far they have tried in Canada. Only suggestion would be individual lamps for the bunks to help with that classic hostel problem of half the people sleeping/half still up.

Me and my friend, who has always previously been a strictly hotel girl, couldnt fault this place. The staff are excellent, the location and facilities are great and they have a wonderful roof terrace and free bagels and cereal in the mornings. Apart from the lack of a lift, we loved every minute!

Brill hostel. Lots of great facilities, the rooftop bar is AWESOME. The breakfast is great too.

Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

• 21st Oct 2014