Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

Clean, friendly hostel in great location for Toronto. Stayed in private room with shared bathroom which was clean although walls very thin and could be a little noisy. Nice breakfast in am and lovely rooftop patio.

• 25th Aug 2015

Needed individual lights for each bed. I also felt they needed paper towels available to wipe hands on. Told they used to, but people left the paper hanging around; however often they change the T-towels, it really isn't hygienic to dry hands on T-towels then dry the china and cutlery with the same towel. That aside, the place was the nicest, cleanest hostel I've been to in a long while and it was a nice surprise to find that breakfast was included. Extremely helpful staff.

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. There is a legitimate reason why they are ranked as the best hostel in Toronto!

Very small rooms but otherwise everything is great! You won't be disappointed!

I loved my stay here. The hostel had nightly scheduled events which helped ease the process of making friends. The view from the rooftop is just amazing.

Clean hostel. Nice and helpful staff. Amazing view of the roof terrace. Only issue: The Air condition is quite noisy, and the adjusted temperature is too low.

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. Attentive and friendly staff, free breakfast, awesome roof patio, clean rooms - pretty much perfect.

Weather was 32 degrees, really hot!! Especially the midday sun, unbearable hot!! You can't do sight seeing for all day, had to go back to the hostel to rest, took a shower. Staff came in start to do vacuum and clean the bathroom at 5:30pm without knocking at the door. Everywhere staff knock at the door before come in, but in here! What about if I was naked after shower? Bedsheeet has changed when someone check out, but cleaning done at 5:30pm

The breakfast is kind of poor but is ok. The staff was really helpful and everything works very well. The rooms sadly are too small for share in 5 persons, and in occasions that's make the rooms very uncomfortable.

This hostel is great ! The staff is very kind and helpful. The location is also very good and convenient. Everything is kept clean and pleasant. They provide a very nice breakfast and BBQ on the terrace which is awesome !

Genuinely one of the best hostels I have ever visited! Above all this was down to the friendly, approachable nature of the staff and the fact that events were planned in the evening so you were never in short supply of other travellers to talk to. I also felt very secure and safe in the hostel and little things like the free breakfast and free towel made all the difference. The location was such that I found it easy to walk anywhere within the city centre.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Wow, just wow easily one of the best hostels i've ever stayed at. Lots of clean washrooms, very friendly and helpful staff, modern rooms and on top of that the amazing rooftop bar where people would hang out every evening to enjoy some beers or watch a movie. Overall highly recommended!

Great location great facilities very clean and value for money staff are good too

• 10th Aug 2015

A good location but very cramped for space and one toilet and bathroom for six persons is a challenge.

The hostel is gorgeous! The atmosphere was great. The room where I stayed wasa bit dirty. The walls were pretty dirty. Overall good though.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Puerto Rico

Planet Traveler is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! The staff were very friendly and helpful, it felt very homely. The rooftop was one of my favourite places, but the whole hostel was very clean and well equipped for travellers. I will definitely stay there again when I'm back in Toronto.

Me, my sister and our friend just finished our four night stay at this hostel and we can all say with straight faces that this is our favourite place to stay, hotels and all, in the world. Far enough we've only been round a bit of Europe and the US but for how much our stay cost we were seriously blown away with how modern and seamless the hostel was and how welcoming and thoughtful the staff were. The whole place seemed designed to bring people together and that's exactly what it did.

• 4th Aug 2015

Very good hostel in a good location (15 min walk to the CN tower and 20-min from most tourist attractions). The room is kind of small to be shared among 6 people, but the beds are comfortable and the bathroom is very clean. There is an AC in the room, which is mandatory in the summer. The lockers have their own keys or could be locked with your own locker, but I found out that my key could open a locker other then my own. Staff was very helpful and the rooftop area is fantastic! Breakfast is ok.

Great security! Codes changed on the doors daily which was great. The dials on the cooker are a bit difficult to use but it is reassuring that the staff check them regularly. Lots of clean and dry towels available in kitchen to enable you to wash and dry up effectively (you wouldn't believe how many hostels neglect this) We stayed in a 16 bed dorm and were worried it could be a disaster but it was great - didn't feel like there was 16 of us there at all

After reading so many enthousiastic comments, I think I expected a bit more. Staff is absolutely great, bunch of really nice people at the hostel, breakfast is good, but the hostel itself is not that outstanding. Rooms are really tight (no space for suitcases), and just one bathroom (One shower + toilet in same locked area) per room is just not enough (1 person would be taking a shower, others can't use toilet, and only 1 extra toilet in hallway for 35 people). Rooftop terrace is awesome though

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7