Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

The staff were very friendly and knowledgable, with great tips on what to do. Only negative would be the size of the bedrooms and the lockers, there was very little space to store a case, although for the price of the hostel you can't really complain.

Everyone was super friendly and the accommodations were perfect!

• 10th Apr 2015

A great place to stay when you are travelling, lots to do both in the hostel and nearby. Many visitors go back year after year. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Lockers in each room give you peace of mind, beds are comfortable, and the kitchen is well equipped. The rooftop bar has stunning views of the Toronto skyline, especially at night. Just take your own drinks, as the bar is not yet licensed to sell alcohol (but this keeps the price down, so no complaints!)

My only concern was that I had a keycard die at 2am when the Hostel was locked and unstaffed. I got ridiculously lucky that another fellow in my room arrived back shortly after me, otherwise I'm not sure how I might have made it inside. I mentioned this at checkout the next day, and the staffer was rather surprisingly unconcerned. Hopefully they can have some emerg contact for any others this happens to? I looked but couldn't find contact info.

I had a great time staying at the Planet Traveler Hostel. Like other reviewers have said, the location is great. Everything is within walking distance! The staff is really helpful and the facilities are modern and clean. I'd recommend anyone visiting Toronto to stay here, and I'll be back for sure!

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Couldn't say a bad thing about Planet Traveler. Everything was amazing.

• 8th Apr 2015

I've stayed in many, many hostels over years of backpacking, and this is one of my favourites to date: always clean, with very friendly staff, and an incredible location right next to Kingston Markets. Would stay again, 💯

• 5th Apr 2015

Really loved this place, its my first time in a hostel and this place is really amazing. its clean and organized everything is new and modern. They have free breakfast till 1pm, the common area is really nice and friendly. I would definetly do it again.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Lebanon

I have enjoyed very much arriving to Toronto landing in this hostel. They have the best breakfast, all is clean and very well maintained. After 00:00 all public spaced are closed so you need to get off to bed or go out, It all very secure, brand new and modern, a lot of restaurants, bars and cafes are around

Conveniently located to streetcar stop and Kensington Market. Hostel is very clean. Downside is plug is not available for every bed.

Loved this place! It is in a really nice part of Toronto but takes a few street cars to get you to the centre. The staff were great and the breakfast selection was huge! Only drawback was the tiny lockers in the room which meant that everyone had their bags all over the room.

Awesome place to stay in Toronto ! You have to go there !

Excellent hostel, one of my favourites and I've stayed in quite a few over the years. Only real negative comment is no ambient music in the common areas. So if no one has a suitable device to play their own music, it's a little dead.

This place is absolutely fantastic. Modern facilities, nice staff and very comfy beds.

Had an amazing stay at Planet Traveler! The breakfast is great and the rooftop is the best of all!! I would definitely wanna stay there again

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

Best hostel I have stayed in

• 6th Mar 2015

I went with a group of 5 for a 3-night stay and the experience was wonderful. The staff were approachable and helpful, the facilities were very clean and modern, and the free breakfast spread fulfilled a full meal. Only complaints were that the rooms were kind of small (this was made up for with a private bathroom attached to each room instead of typical communal bathrooms) and that there were no disposable napkins or paper towels at breakfast. That aside, I'd recommend the hostel to anyone.

• 5th Mar 2015

Absoluteley brilliant hostel. Great facilities, everything new and comfortable! Also in a great location. Lovely kitchen to cook in and be sociable. Also, a nice roof terrace where you can bring your own drinks. One of the best hostels around. Staff are also great. They introduced a new meal deal for tuesdays that I was really impressed with.

Very modern. Great free breakfast. Rooms are pretty small though