Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

The hostel is well placed. Street car stop is a couple of minutes away although I walked everywhere. 20/25 mins walk to CN tower. Rooms were excellent, clean and each with an ensuite bathroom. The Rooms also have air con which is a bonus in the summer heat.

I like the fact that different staff members speak different languages. I found employees helpful and friendly. I very much appreciated the fact that the hostel had a street car stop right in front of it and that access to public transit was easy. The view of the CN Tower from the rooftop was awesome! My stay at this hostel made my Pan Am Games experience that much more enjoyable!

• 20th Jul 2015

It was my second time around and it was just as wonderful as the first time around. If in Toronto, I'd always come back to this hostel. Clean, great organization and philosophy and super atmosphere! Go planet traveler! ;-)

Small rooms, but otherwise perfect.

Stayed in a 6 person dorm for 4 nights. The hostel is in a good location by Kensington Market to find cheap food close by. About a 20min walk down to the CN tower and CBD district. The room had an Ensuite bathroom which was cleaned really well daily. Our only complaint is that there isn't a lot of space in the room for luggage with 6 people in there. The rooftop was a great place to sit and they organise good activities too. Breakfast has the biggest range of cereals and bagels!

I really liked everything: warm welcome, cool people, comfortable facilities, nice location and incredible dorms.

Really cool place, easily the best place I've stayed in Canada so far! If I was going to mention something it would be the wifi on the 3rd floor wasn't that great. If I'm ever back in Toronto I know exactly where I'm going.

• 6th Jul 2015

Incredible hostel. Staff were bordering on scarily friendly. Best hostel experience I've ever had. (Except for lost/stolen iPod)

I've stayed in a room with 3 bunk beds. When you have people with large suitcases in the room it's difficult to move around. I stayed on top and theres is no charger on the wall to plug laptop or even to charge your phone. There are only plugs next to the floor. It's certainly a thing to correct in the future. The hostel is really clean. The breakfast has a lot to choose and there is free coffee and tea at anytime. The view from rooftop is amazing. The staff is five stars. Keep up the good work

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Portugal

The staff was really nice and helpful. The terrace view is amazing. There was a free barbeque on the terrace when I was there which was really nice. The hostel is about 10-15 minutes away from downtown which is great. It is located on a street full of fun bars to go at night so its a great! Only thing I would've preferred if the room was a little bigger, the bedroom was extremely small for 6 people.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Friendly and helpful staff, rooms were hotel quality with great air conditioning, really a pleasure to stay. A bit strange that the front desk closes from midnight to 7, that's really a problem for anyone arriving late or who forgets their key or something. I had a room on the top floor and it got no wifi reception.

Planet Traveler in itself was worth the trip to Toronto. I met wonderful travelers, and the staff was excellent.

• 2nd Jul 2015

One of the best hostels I ve ever been in.

Great location, friendly staff, clean rooms, and an excellent rooftop patio with the best views of Toronto!

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Provides everything you would expect a good hostel to provide.

I really loved this hostel. The area around it is really funky and great for exploring. The breakfast is amazing, the staff are really friendly and helpful, the common areas (rooftop and ground floor) are really chilled out and nice. The 6 bed dorm was well thought out - there's a door between the sleeping area and the lockers and bathroom so you can pack and change without waking people up but the dorm had no room for luggage storage - there were suitcases and backpacks covering the floor.

When I checked in, the girl who showed me around was super awesome, she was friendly and helpful and helped my plan the rest of my day. The next morning the staff in the kitchen seemed a little bit snippy. I was getting my breakfast together and every time I turned around, one of the staff had moved my bowl, the milk or my coffee mug, making me feel like I was an annoyance. But the rooms were awesome, the bedding was clean and the room was very secure. I'd go back in a heart beat. :)

• 30th Jun 2015

Excellent stay. Clean, comfortable rooms and a late breakfast times. Great shows around at check in and great reviews from the rooftop.

The stay at Planet Traveler was just ok to me. The location of the hostel is pretty good (in a quiet neighborhood), the staff is nice, the bed is comfy and the breakfast is well served. Have to say that the cleanliness of the place disappointed me though, especially the kitchen. The two microwaves were absolutely filthy and they weren't cleaned at all during the three nights I spent there, and I would say the same about the stove. Would try somewhere else next time in Toronto.

On a map it looks far from the city, but it's I literally around the corner from Kensington Market and blocks from Little Italy (way better than the financial district). Staff were friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was excellent and ran all the way to 1PM. No hostel bar, but you can bring your own drinks in and there's bars within steps of the front door. Rooms were nice- had a great little "entry room" with the lockers so you could get ready with the lights on without disturbing roommates.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5