Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

Excellent stay. Clean, comfortable rooms and a late breakfast times. Great shows around at check in and great reviews from the rooftop.

The stay at Planet Traveler was just ok to me. The location of the hostel is pretty good (in a quiet neighborhood), the staff is nice, the bed is comfy and the breakfast is well served. Have to say that the cleanliness of the place disappointed me though, especially the kitchen. The two microwaves were absolutely filthy and they weren't cleaned at all during the three nights I spent there, and I would say the same about the stove. Would try somewhere else next time in Toronto.

On a map it looks far from the city, but it's I literally around the corner from Kensington Market and blocks from Little Italy (way better than the financial district). Staff were friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was excellent and ran all the way to 1PM. No hostel bar, but you can bring your own drinks in and there's bars within steps of the front door. Rooms were nice- had a great little "entry room" with the lockers so you could get ready with the lights on without disturbing roommates.

Nice hostel, good location in Kensington Market area and 30 minute all from downtown Toronto. Lots of events being put on almost every night.

The room was a little bit too small

• 21st Jun 2015

Would be really nice if the rooftop patio was opened after midnight, the view is so beautiful at night, and I wanted more of it. Staff was really nice and friendly and helpful (je pense à toi Ema).

• 19th Jun 2015

This hostel is 10/10 on all hostel criteria. Additionally, it has an exceptional roof top terrace with views over Toronto. The first night I arrived, they held a big, fun party on the roof. The second night I went for a walk and stumbled into a great Little Italy Street Festival just two blocks away. On my last night we watched an epic lightning storm moving over Toronto. We had clear views of huge bolts of lightning striking the CN Tower, repeatedly! Great hostel, great experiences!

The hostel is an amazing building in a perfect place. Amazing view from the top of the roof. Everything is ok. Breakfast is l you can take (buy only coffee milk cereals bread jam and a banana). The only thing: if you want to rent a bike they have for 20$ but has to be fix bit (check before you take it and if you want to go to the river trail is better other solution.

Without a doubt the best hostel I have ever stayed in! Friendliest staff, great atmosphere especially for solo travellers. The rooftop terrace of the hostel has a gorgeous view of the city, hostel location is really central right next to Kensington Market, and it has breakfast from 7am - 1pm (bagels, cereals, bananas, tea and coffee). The kitchen is extremely well equipped and offers free rice and popcorn whenever you want. If you go to Toronto without staying in this hostel you're missing out!

Kickass location - quite literally around the corner from Kensington Market, and within a 30-40 minute walk from most points of interest downtown. Great hostel regardless of whether you want to mingle with fellow travelers every night or want to retire to your room early - just come with an open mind! Hostel could have gone a little easy on the A/C in the room though. Overall great stay, and I would return.

Had a great stay here. The staff are lovely and friendly. The breakfast was good but I would have loved some oj :). Room was tight but it was clean and I had lovely roommates and a good locker. Plenty of facilities available including telephone booths and bikes. Events organised and it was just plain old fun :). Location is great too. Id stay here if I ever came back :) P.S. I accidentally took someones eyelash curly from Room 13, apologies only noticed when I saw two of them in my make up bag:(

Pros: Clean hostel, friendly staff, mostly good facilities, location is close to Downtown Toronto. Cons: - Noise level was unacceptable (most hostels we have stayed at [e.g. Nui Hostel, Tokyo, Japan, and Khaosan Kyoto, Japan] instated curfews to prevent excess noise. As a couple, we were not interested in Pub Crawls and parties and ended up with a severe lack of sleep most days. Hostels should accommodate everyone, not only those who want to party. Washer and dryer was damaged as well.

It was the best hostel I ever stayed in and I travelled a lot already! The neighbourhood is great and near cheap restaurants and kensington market. Better than staying downtown where all the tourists are. This is a great place to see Toronto! The staff is super helpful and friendly. Gives the impression of a great team who are very close to their guests! Can 100 percent recommend it! Everything was clean and in good conditions as well

Really close to everything (remember the streetcars!), really modern and clean, staff knew their stuff, free breakfast was free and breakfasty

This hostel is clean, inviting and has very sunny bright rooms! The rooftop patio and activities they run make it a fun environment to meet new people and relax! The free breakfast is simple and satisfying. I was VERY happy with my stay here :)

The hostel was magnificent. Staff were very friendly and informative. Always willing to help. The rooms are clean and so are the bathrooms. The lounge area downstairs is great. You can just hang out and play board games or watch tv, or just talk to other travelers. The rooftop was excellent. They have Karaoke, bbq, and trivia night. Overall this is a superb hostel.

• 12th Jun 2015

My boyfriend and I were just for a couple of days in Toronto but we enjoyed our stay at planet traveller. The staff is very helpful, they gave us good tips and maps and they even lend us umbrellas :) unfortunately we didnt have enough time to enjoy the roof and the night activities. We hope to come back again.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Peru

One of the best hostels I stayed in. If I'm back in Toronto I'll definitely come back here. Super atmosphere, clean and fantastic location.

• 8th Jun 2015

tippitoppi, best hostel, I've ever been in. If I come back to Toronto, I'll stay there. Regards, Oliver

• 7th Jun 2015

Cozy, clean hostel. Somedays night party in rooftop bar. Safe & good location even at night.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4