Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

Staff was friendly and helpful. There were bathrooms for each room, which was good, but in the first two days, it wasn't very clean (a small suggestion would be to leave a small bathroom mat on the floor to keep it dry would help a lot). Location was very good with options nearby and easy to get around. Breakfast was pretty good, with plenty of options of jams and cereals.

Great hostel. Very clean and I have high cleaning standards. Lots of things included into their complimentary breakfast as well as free soap, toilet paper and hand towels in the bathroom. You can also use food and toiletries left by other guests. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and would do everything they can for you. I stayed in a private room and it was great.

Whilst at the hostel I tore my ligaments in my knee the hostel staff were fantastic in accommodating my needs. They moved my room to a lower floor and we're so helpful. I will be recommending it to everyone had a wonderful time !!!!

• 31st Jul 2015

Let's start with the location I mean can it get any better for a hostel!!! Kensington market is simply amazing ; the hostel itself is. Extremely when you enter your room you're greeted with fresh linens and a towel which is great the bathroom was really nice which they clean it for you daily. Lastly the workers are extremely helpful with directions and such. Overall I had a great time and I will be coming back when I visit toronto again.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Haiti

Everything about this is perfect. It is very clean, extremely friendly staff. Also very helpful. Location is great and near to all attractions. Breakfast is awesome with so many different kinds of bagels, jam, fruits . I cannot find any shortcomings in this hostel.

The room is too small, but the air conditioner works very well, the bathroom is very good, good shower, the breakfast is very good, internet works very well, the location is near to Kensington Market, the staff is very helpful, but dont go to the Niagara Falls with them. Go by yourself and do whatever you want to return at the end of the afternoon.

This hostel is the best hostel I ever stayed. When I arrived the hostel and saw the facility inside, I cancelled the other hostel I planned to stay in Toronto and booked the hostel directly. The cleanliness here is almost better than the hostel I stayed during the journey. The staff here mostly are friendly. The facilities here are new. It makes me feel like in a hotel. The location is great. It is nearby Kensington market and china town which are my favorite place in Toronto.

Love how long breakfast goes on for

I've been to many hostels in my time traveling Europe and Canada and Planet Traveler was arguable the best one. The staff were very helpful not only in getting us situated at the hostel but they provided useful information regarding how to navigate the city of Toronto. I look forward to returning to Toronto and I certainly look forward to being back at Planet Traveler.

We booked a private double with a shared bathroom and planned to stay four nights. We were attracted by the location, the green features and the great reviews. However, we stayed only one night, for the following reasons. The double was at the end of a narrow, dark hallway, off which were two other private rooms and a small bathroom. The room itself contained only a double bed and a floor lamp: no chair, no table, no dresser, no place to hang towels and clothes, just two pegs behind door.

Great hostel near Toronto University. Staff very friendly. Free, varied breakfast. Bike rentals and niagra tours. Nightly events held ln the rooftop. Slight walk into the centre of town, but streetcars and subway stops nearby.

The hostel is well placed. Street car stop is a couple of minutes away although I walked everywhere. 20/25 mins walk to CN tower. Rooms were excellent, clean and each with an ensuite bathroom. The Rooms also have air con which is a bonus in the summer heat.

I like the fact that different staff members speak different languages. I found employees helpful and friendly. I very much appreciated the fact that the hostel had a street car stop right in front of it and that access to public transit was easy. The view of the CN Tower from the rooftop was awesome! My stay at this hostel made my Pan Am Games experience that much more enjoyable!

• 20th Jul 2015

It was my second time around and it was just as wonderful as the first time around. If in Toronto, I'd always come back to this hostel. Clean, great organization and philosophy and super atmosphere! Go planet traveler! ;-)

I stayed on the third floor at the end of the hallway and on two nights there was a rather loud and disturbing noise going off. The noise was perfectly periodic so it most likely came from some machine above the room, which was right below the bar on the rooftop. This noise would set of between midnight and 4 am in the morning, so it was VERY disturbing when trying to get some sleep. I informed one of the employees about the noise but the following night, the noise was still there.

Small rooms, but otherwise perfect.

Stayed in a 6 person dorm for 4 nights. The hostel is in a good location by Kensington Market to find cheap food close by. About a 20min walk down to the CN tower and CBD district. The room had an Ensuite bathroom which was cleaned really well daily. Our only complaint is that there isn't a lot of space in the room for luggage with 6 people in there. The rooftop was a great place to sit and they organise good activities too. Breakfast has the biggest range of cereals and bagels!

I really liked everything: warm welcome, cool people, comfortable facilities, nice location and incredible dorms.

Really cool place, easily the best place I've stayed in Canada so far! If I was going to mention something it would be the wifi on the 3rd floor wasn't that great. If I'm ever back in Toronto I know exactly where I'm going.

• 6th Jul 2015

Incredible hostel. Staff were bordering on scarily friendly. Best hostel experience I've ever had. (Except for lost/stolen iPod)

← Back to search results