Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

good hostel, no complaints

It was a very good stay @ Planet Traveler! Everyone was very kind and the services were very good!

I thank all the friendly staffs there.

Amazing staff, they know so many local tricks to save time and money. Extremely clean bathrooms and bedrooms. They put on activities in the evenings and even had free dinners - would highly recommend, you have to stay here!

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in.

Thanks, Planet Traveler! This hostel ranks as among the cleanest and best equipped! Great staff who take pride in their workplace.

really good hostel. Clean, good internet, great location, good but small rooms, helpful staff & nice roof terrace. And free breakfast.

Planet Traveler was literally the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The atmosphere, cleanliness, and all-around good nature of everyone staying there was phenomenal! The location is everything you want and more, and they serve breakfast until 1pm! Do yourself a favor and stay here. I'll definitely be coming back!

• 26th Nov 2015

Overall it's a nice hostel with friendly staff, good facilities and location. The only problem I had was on the first night of stay I was in a floor with no wifi connection so I had to step out of the door to the floor and I was locked out because the door was broken. Good thing someone was willing to open it for me otherwise I would be out in the cold for the rest of the night.

Sorry about the situation with the second floor hall door. We had a broken card reader on that door and could not get the replacement until the following day. We had blocked that door from locking but a guest must have removed the temporary fix. Our WIFI has been greatly upgraded with an additional hardwired router on every floor. I asked a few guests this morning if the upgrade was working in their rooms and they responded with very positive comments.

Good, clean environment. Staff was helpful and the neighborhood was a lot of fun.

• 26th Nov 2015

I enjoyed my stay here. It was your typical hostel. I would stay here again. Some drawbacks were: 1.) the wi-fi hardly ever worked in my room. 2.) reception is not open 24 hours. I lost my key one night and had to sleep in the stair well until reception reopened the next morning. 3.)the rooftop deck is great but sucks it 4 floors away from the kitchen in the basement. would be nice to have coffee/tea machine and a microwave up there

Really good hostel great fun. However some staff not the most warmest of people... made me feel like oh no this is going to be not a good hostel experience as I was met by a very rude receptionist... made me not want to ask for things... but I found out later it's just the way they are and they are nice people. Just fix the introduction as it did make me feel uncountable on first few mins.

The hostel was one of the best ive been so far. Very modern and clean. The staff was nice and very helpful. The breakfast was great !

The Planet Traveler Hostel is one of the best hostels in which I have ever stayed. The location is excellent. It's very close to China Town and fairly close to the University of Toronto ("U of T"). The staff are quite friendly and professional, and do a great job of making everyone feel welcome. The hostel offers activities (trivia night, pub crawl, professional athletic events, etc.) to build a sense of community. The place is also quite clean. I highly recommend Planet Traveler!

Great, social hostel. Nice chill out areas, things happening each night, great views from the rooftop. Free breakfast til 1pm, you cant go wrong!

This hostel is one of the best I've stayed in. It's very clean and newly decorated. The en suite bathroom in the dorm is very luxurious. I didn't have much to do with the staff but they all seemed very polite and friendly. The breakfast had an excellent selection. It is very well located in Kensington so easy to explore Toronto from here. The only feedback I'd give would be the dorm beds would benefit from individual lights at each one. Would highly recommend this place! Thanks guys!

I had a really good time at Planet Traveler. It was so cozy that I didn't even want to leave the hostel. I met wonderful people there and we played lots of games. I definitely recommend this place.

The price is good. Wifi falls all the time.

Sorry about the problems you had with the wifi. We have taken steps to improve the situation. First we have added a timer to the router outside the room you were in so that it shuts down for a minute at 5am everyday and reboots. This has ensured more reliable connectivity. We have also added a new CAT6 cable to each of the levels this week completing an upgrade that will lead to additional routers on each floor. We want to ensure every guest has access to a strong wifi signal.

Very convenient location for me(seventy-year old lady on a business trip) comfortable walking distance through Kensington market/ Chinatown to the Convention Centre, CN tower and Aquarium, Royal Ontario Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, Queens Park and the Legislative buildings, University of Toronto, Roy Thomson Hall etc. Good transit options for those less inclined to explore side streets or wishing to go farther afield, such as the Exhibition Grounds. Staff all very friendly and super helpful

• 10th Nov 2015

very good hostel! good free breakfast, staff very helpful and friendly! The 6 mixed room are really small for 6 people! The size would be good for 4 people