Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

Great staffs nice rooftop with a magnifique view of down town I definitely will go back again.

• 5th Oct 2014
  • Iran

This was my 2nd time at the hostel and I'm sad to say it's been let go a fair bit over the past few years. The rooms are modern but our room was absolutely filthy, thanks to a few long-term guests. A number of complaints were made by our roommates about the state of the room but the staff did nothing about it and definitely needed to. It made our stay uncomfortable. The rooftop is awesome, as is the breakfast and common area but could be better utilised with more social events during the week

I loved staying with you, one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at, would definitely stay with you again!

great place to stay would of stayed longer only found permanent accom, only complaint is a few of the foreign non english speaking staff came across a bit rude. but free breakfast until 1pm is a god send, lots of open communal space to chill out in, hostel organises things a few times a week, pub crawl, movie night & bbq on a sat

Most staffs were really nice, but one female staff was really rude to us. People in the room I stayed were quite angry with her.

Loved the place and the vibe.

• 26th Sep 2014

Very dirty under the bed

brilliant hostel

Great service, and great staff, they make you feel welcome from the very first instant you step inside. Modern, vibrant and friendly.

My staying was very nice, the staff was great. thank you for all your advice. But you have to do something about the WiFi, we cant reach it on the third floor. And juice for the breakfast could be great :)

The only hostel with decent air conditioning which was a nice change. However the smell of weed in the upstairs common room was a bit disappointing. It was 2pm on a weekday and although i don't mind the smell of it i'd say its certainly a bit unprofessional. Regardless this place is probably tied to with Clarence House in terms of the best hostels in town so i would stay again.

Great location in Kensington Market. Rooms & common areas are clean and modern, but not necessarily the most comfortable. Not much room for luggage in the room; most packs stored in entry room next to bathroom. Ensuite bath for 6 people can be tough since only one common toilet on same floor. Breakfast runs till 1; cereal, toast, and bananas. Rooftop deck is amazing; it can be quiet and relaxing or overrun by groups of friends who blast their music and smoke pot. Tours & activiites are a plus.

Great hostel! My friend and I both loved Plant Traveller! Staff are super friendly. Common room is lovely - use of computers was great. Breakfast was fantastic - bagels and cereal! The whole area felt very clean and well looked after. Rooms were quite small meaning some suitcases had to be left in the small corridor within the room. Bathrooms were really nice and very clean! Rooftop bar was fantastic, beautiful views and a lovely friendly atmosphere. Great location! Would return again :)

Everything is great. This hostel is definiteyl the best hostel I have ever visited. I wish the room would be larger.

Wifi was slow or difficult to connect at times and the shower temperature was hard to regulate.

My stay was perfect in every way!

• 21st Sep 2014

The best hostel I've ever stayed in, clean facilities, they even make your bed for you when you arrive! Free towels, modern decor and themed nights. Wednesday nights are usually bar crawls, Saturdays free burgers in the BBQ. Very easy way to meet friends, I was travelling alone and met so many people.

Great location in near Kensington Market and the University of Toronto. Fun and quick walk to downtown. Some of the residents tended to be on the obnoxious side, but that's not too much the hostel's fault. Burgers on Saturday night were great (they even have vegetarian options)! The daily breakfast were good and there were many options for cereal.

Great staffs, Great night view, Great facilities !!!! It was the best hostel during my trip to Canada. I was satisfied for everything that they offered!

I loved it, specially the terrace. The barbecue is very fun, I just regret missing the rooftop movie nights. Maybe next time.