Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

My stay was perfect in every way!

• 21st Sep 2014

The best hostel I've ever stayed in, clean facilities, they even make your bed for you when you arrive! Free towels, modern decor and themed nights. Wednesday nights are usually bar crawls, Saturdays free burgers in the BBQ. Very easy way to meet friends, I was travelling alone and met so many people.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Great location in near Kensington Market and the University of Toronto. Fun and quick walk to downtown. Some of the residents tended to be on the obnoxious side, but that's not too much the hostel's fault. Burgers on Saturday night were great (they even have vegetarian options)! The daily breakfast were good and there were many options for cereal.

Great staffs, Great night view, Great facilities !!!! It was the best hostel during my trip to Canada. I was satisfied for everything that they offered!

I loved it, specially the terrace. The barbecue is very fun, I just regret missing the rooftop movie nights. Maybe next time.

It's very clean and a good place to stay. The only small flaw is the wireless does not work very well on the top floors and they need to work on improving that.

Rooftop was awesome, the BBQ was a nice gesture, breakfast until 1pm and check out at 12pm was excellent!

I really liked this hostel. It is walkable for almost everything in downtown Toronto, the staff are quite friendly, and the cost is good for a big city. My only challenge was that the room was small for six of us, and I had to store my stuff in the hallway to our room for it to fit. I think a few shelves for the bunks and possibly the bunk beds with drawers on them could be a big help. Overall, great place and I would stay again!

Definitely, one of the best hostels I visited. In an excellent location if you want to explore Downtown or enjoy the laid-back atmosphere of the Kensington market. You feel at home and you can easily meet people and the awesome staff makes the atmosphere in this hostel even more exceptional. The hostel has modern clean rooms and an amazing rooftop overlooking Downtown Toronto. Wi-Fi worked OK and breakfast gives you several nice choices to start your day. I do strongly recommend this hostel.

The best backpacker ever, it looks like a nice hotel. friendly, clean, very nice!!

I enjoyed staying at planet traveller it had all you needed, good rooms, sweet rooftop common area overlooking the city, good free breakfast. I would stay next time I go back to Toronto

I had a good time, had a bathroom inside my room, and the breakfast was very good with a huge variety of breads and cereals. However, my room was not that clean, the floor and bathroom was considerably dirty comparing to other hostels that I've been. The location is good, pretty close to streetcars, and walkable distances to downtown and good restaurants. Kensington market is right on the street beside and is a good place to grab lunch, a beer or spend some time. =)

I came to Toronto for the film festival and decided to stay at a hostel as I was travelling by myself. There was a fantastic mix of people at Planet, varying ages and travellers from all around the world - I met some really great people. The staff are friendly, helpful and very welcoming. The activities are a great way to get involved and meet new people - breakfast is good as well! The kitchen is huge with everything you need. All facilities are clean, it's a great place to stay!

Overall, Planet Traveler is definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Great building & location, very clean, private bathrooms, amazing rooftop patio… My one complaint, and one that's pretty substantial, is that all of the common areas close and lock up at midnight, so there isn't even anywhere to sit and use your computer at night. I found that very difficult, as I'm a writer, and I ended up just having to sit on the floor in the hallway to use my computer after midnight. That sucked.

• 3rd Sep 2014

The staff was really great and I love that there are organized events for anyone staying there - the hostel planned a pub crawl for anyone who wanted to join while I was staying there.

• 3rd Sep 2014

I thought the staff were friendly and welcoming. I liked the tour of the hostel and the map/travel advice I was given when I arrived. The communal areas including the bathroom in the bedroom was kept clean by the staff to a high standard. Their effort in organising social events was appreciated. In my opinion the bedrooms are too small to accommodate 6 beds. There is too little space for everybody's luggage and also no table.

• 31st Aug 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were very clean, the staff was excellent, and the location was perfect. We were here for two nights and wished we could have stayed longer! The hostel is located in the middle of everything, making it super easy to get around!

Lovely hostel, well located next to some really cool areas. Great roof terrace and great breakfast! Two minor things to note; the rooms could do with a bit better air circulation and the Wifi is pretty bad, it's always losing signal. Definitely worth a stay!

Overall, the stay was pleasant. Clean rooms and private bathroom (shared by 6) what more can you ask for? Best for a group of 6 but if you're in a couple, hopefully no one occupies the toilet for too long. the public spaces they have is amazing- a rooftop

A very clean and friendly hostel offering some activities for the travellers. I really enjoyed my stay there and would book it again. It is conviently located and the city's attraction could be reached easily. The only downturns are luxurious problems, like the slow internet (but hey I am on vacation) and that there were no shelves at the bunk beds along with not a proper storage place for the luggage in the room. :-)

• 26th Aug 2014