Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

I've stayed in a room with 3 bunk beds. When you have people with large suitcases in the room it's difficult to move around. I stayed on top and theres is no charger on the wall to plug laptop or even to charge your phone. There are only plugs next to the floor. It's certainly a thing to correct in the future. The hostel is really clean. The breakfast has a lot to choose and there is free coffee and tea at anytime. The view from rooftop is amazing. The staff is five stars. Keep up the good work

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Portugal

Very helpful staff, clean, nice breakfast.

I had an awesome time staying at this hostel. Really enjoyed it. It was a nice friendly environment where I made new friends and slept comfortably. Definitely recommend it and would stay again.

The staff was really nice and helpful. The terrace view is amazing. There was a free barbeque on the terrace when I was there which was really nice. The hostel is about 10-15 minutes away from downtown which is great. It is located on a street full of fun bars to go at night so its a great! Only thing I would've preferred if the room was a little bigger, the bedroom was extremely small for 6 people.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Friendly and helpful staff, rooms were hotel quality with great air conditioning, really a pleasure to stay. A bit strange that the front desk closes from midnight to 7, that's really a problem for anyone arriving late or who forgets their key or something. I had a room on the top floor and it got no wifi reception.

Planet Traveler in itself was worth the trip to Toronto. I met wonderful travelers, and the staff was excellent.

• 2nd Jul 2015

One of the best hostels I ve ever been in.

Great location, friendly staff, clean rooms, and an excellent rooftop patio with the best views of Toronto!

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Provides everything you would expect a good hostel to provide.

I really loved this hostel. The area around it is really funky and great for exploring. The breakfast is amazing, the staff are really friendly and helpful, the common areas (rooftop and ground floor) are really chilled out and nice. The 6 bed dorm was well thought out - there's a door between the sleeping area and the lockers and bathroom so you can pack and change without waking people up but the dorm had no room for luggage storage - there were suitcases and backpacks covering the floor.

When I checked in, the girl who showed me around was super awesome, she was friendly and helpful and helped my plan the rest of my day. The next morning the staff in the kitchen seemed a little bit snippy. I was getting my breakfast together and every time I turned around, one of the staff had moved my bowl, the milk or my coffee mug, making me feel like I was an annoyance. But the rooms were awesome, the bedding was clean and the room was very secure. I'd go back in a heart beat. :)

• 30th Jun 2015

Excellent stay. Clean, comfortable rooms and a late breakfast times. Great shows around at check in and great reviews from the rooftop.

The stay at Planet Traveler was just ok to me. The location of the hostel is pretty good (in a quiet neighborhood), the staff is nice, the bed is comfy and the breakfast is well served. Have to say that the cleanliness of the place disappointed me though, especially the kitchen. The two microwaves were absolutely filthy and they weren't cleaned at all during the three nights I spent there, and I would say the same about the stove. Would try somewhere else next time in Toronto.

On a map it looks far from the city, but it's I literally around the corner from Kensington Market and blocks from Little Italy (way better than the financial district). Staff were friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was excellent and ran all the way to 1PM. No hostel bar, but you can bring your own drinks in and there's bars within steps of the front door. Rooms were nice- had a great little "entry room" with the lockers so you could get ready with the lights on without disturbing roommates.

Nice hostel, good location in Kensington Market area and 30 minute all from downtown Toronto. Lots of events being put on almost every night.

The staff was excellent (really great), the common space was great (especially the roofdeck), and the hostel had everything I needed. I appreciated that the bathroom was separated from the bedroom so we weren't disturbing one another as much. Everything is modern/new. The room was one of the more cramped rooms I've stayed in, which made things less comfortable. And it's too bad the common area closes at midnight with no other place in the hostel to hang out.

The room was a little bit too small

• 21st Jun 2015

Would be really nice if the rooftop patio was opened after midnight, the view is so beautiful at night, and I wanted more of it. Staff was really nice and friendly and helpful (je pense à toi Ema).

• 19th Jun 2015

This hostel is 10/10 on all hostel criteria. Additionally, it has an exceptional roof top terrace with views over Toronto. The first night I arrived, they held a big, fun party on the roof. The second night I went for a walk and stumbled into a great Little Italy Street Festival just two blocks away. On my last night we watched an epic lightning storm moving over Toronto. We had clear views of huge bolts of lightning striking the CN Tower, repeatedly! Great hostel, great experiences!

The hostel is an amazing building in a perfect place. Amazing view from the top of the roof. Everything is ok. Breakfast is l you can take (buy only coffee milk cereals bread jam and a banana). The only thing: if you want to rent a bike they have for 20$ but has to be fix bit (check before you take it and if you want to go to the river trail is better other solution.