Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

Great service, and great staff, they make you feel welcome from the very first instant you step inside. Modern, vibrant and friendly.

My staying was very nice, the staff was great. thank you for all your advice. But you have to do something about the WiFi, we cant reach it on the third floor. And juice for the breakfast could be great :)

The only hostel with decent air conditioning which was a nice change. However the smell of weed in the upstairs common room was a bit disappointing. It was 2pm on a weekday and although i don't mind the smell of it i'd say its certainly a bit unprofessional. Regardless this place is probably tied to with Clarence House in terms of the best hostels in town so i would stay again.

Great location in Kensington Market. Rooms & common areas are clean and modern, but not necessarily the most comfortable. Not much room for luggage in the room; most packs stored in entry room next to bathroom. Ensuite bath for 6 people can be tough since only one common toilet on same floor. Breakfast runs till 1; cereal, toast, and bananas. Rooftop deck is amazing; it can be quiet and relaxing or overrun by groups of friends who blast their music and smoke pot. Tours & activiites are a plus.

Great hostel! My friend and I both loved Plant Traveller! Staff are super friendly. Common room is lovely - use of computers was great. Breakfast was fantastic - bagels and cereal! The whole area felt very clean and well looked after. Rooms were quite small meaning some suitcases had to be left in the small corridor within the room. Bathrooms were really nice and very clean! Rooftop bar was fantastic, beautiful views and a lovely friendly atmosphere. Great location! Would return again :)

Everything is great. This hostel is definiteyl the best hostel I have ever visited. I wish the room would be larger.

Wifi was slow or difficult to connect at times and the shower temperature was hard to regulate.

My stay was perfect in every way!

• 21st Sep 2014

The best hostel I've ever stayed in, clean facilities, they even make your bed for you when you arrive! Free towels, modern decor and themed nights. Wednesday nights are usually bar crawls, Saturdays free burgers in the BBQ. Very easy way to meet friends, I was travelling alone and met so many people.

Great location in near Kensington Market and the University of Toronto. Fun and quick walk to downtown. Some of the residents tended to be on the obnoxious side, but that's not too much the hostel's fault. Burgers on Saturday night were great (they even have vegetarian options)! The daily breakfast were good and there were many options for cereal.

Great staffs, Great night view, Great facilities !!!! It was the best hostel during my trip to Canada. I was satisfied for everything that they offered!

I loved it, specially the terrace. The barbecue is very fun, I just regret missing the rooftop movie nights. Maybe next time.

It's very clean and a good place to stay. The only small flaw is the wireless does not work very well on the top floors and they need to work on improving that.

Rooftop was awesome, the BBQ was a nice gesture, breakfast until 1pm and check out at 12pm was excellent!

I really liked this hostel. It is walkable for almost everything in downtown Toronto, the staff are quite friendly, and the cost is good for a big city. My only challenge was that the room was small for six of us, and I had to store my stuff in the hallway to our room for it to fit. I think a few shelves for the bunks and possibly the bunk beds with drawers on them could be a big help. Overall, great place and I would stay again!

Definitely, one of the best hostels I visited. In an excellent location if you want to explore Downtown or enjoy the laid-back atmosphere of the Kensington market. You feel at home and you can easily meet people and the awesome staff makes the atmosphere in this hostel even more exceptional. The hostel has modern clean rooms and an amazing rooftop overlooking Downtown Toronto. Wi-Fi worked OK and breakfast gives you several nice choices to start your day. I do strongly recommend this hostel.

The best backpacker ever, it looks like a nice hotel. friendly, clean, very nice!!

I enjoyed staying at planet traveller it had all you needed, good rooms, sweet rooftop common area overlooking the city, good free breakfast. I would stay next time I go back to Toronto

I had a good time, had a bathroom inside my room, and the breakfast was very good with a huge variety of breads and cereals. However, my room was not that clean, the floor and bathroom was considerably dirty comparing to other hostels that I've been. The location is good, pretty close to streetcars, and walkable distances to downtown and good restaurants. Kensington market is right on the street beside and is a good place to grab lunch, a beer or spend some time. =)

I came to Toronto for the film festival and decided to stay at a hostel as I was travelling by myself. There was a fantastic mix of people at Planet, varying ages and travellers from all around the world - I met some really great people. The staff are friendly, helpful and very welcoming. The activities are a great way to get involved and meet new people - breakfast is good as well! The kitchen is huge with everything you need. All facilities are clean, it's a great place to stay!