Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

The best hostel that I ever seen. The people who work there is incredible, so frienly and nice, and the honor the same, Is clean and the kitchen is super big, they have rice for free and the breakfast is until 1 pmpm. We had a great time in the hostel. Thanks, for everything!!

• 4th Nov 2015
  • Spain

Nothing bad to say. This is a great hostel. Clean, great location, and nice staff! Tons of breakfast options too. Would love to stay here again.

Fantastic hostel. Great location, easy to get to all the main attractions and a fun area. Rooms & bathrooms very clean, comfy beds. Staff were awesome, told me about all the things to see & do during my stay and Robin made sure I had a good time on the pub crawl! Activities organised, so easy to meet fellow travellers and a fun place to stay. Great Halloween party

Awesome hostel with great facilities. Staff were super helpful on arrival but some of them didn't seem happy to help you afterward. Despite this, would definitely stay again!

En suites for dorm rooms aren't a great idea as you end up at peak times waiting around

100%, can't fault this hostel. Apart from location, rooftop overlooking downtown Toronto, security etc, breakfast is based on real backpackers lives, "until 1pm", checkout is 12 noon, not half ten when you're still hungover and a big free breakfast Been backpacking for 20 years, one of the best hostels I've stayed in

The staff are very friendly, exceptional service, I enjoyed the the hospitable and more personable atmosphere than other hostels I've stayed in.

• 14th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

Bathroom In the room was convenient but could have been cleaner.

Great helpful staff. Awesome access to local places to eat.

The best hostel I've ever stayed! Amazing staff, super friendly and willing to help !! In fact the best place to stay in Toronto!

A great hostel - awesome atomsphere, very chilled. Breakfast until 1pm, with bagels and cereal. The rooms include a small toilet and shower inside that are very clean as well as a toilet on every floor outside the room.

Best hostel we've ever stayed in- the staff are amazing and put on all sorts of events, it's very easy to meet and mingle with other travelers, the location is excellent, and the rooftop lounge/bar area is just the coolest. Only possible negative is that the rooms are very small- but this didn't cause any issue with us. (P.s- aussie ben we miss you!!)

Good hostel. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm which was a bit small but nice. There is a nice view from the balcony, good breakfast, and good communal area, inside and outside. I'll stay here again next time I'm in Toronto!

Planet traveler is a very good hostel. The personnel is very nice and help you whenever you need it. The room and the bathroom are very clean. We had a private room which was very nice. The only thing was the fact we had only one bathroom for four rooms so sometimes we had to wait to take a shower but that was not a big problem. Breakfast was included and you had time enough to eat because breakfast last till 1pm! Breakfast was really nice. You have bread, cereal ans even fruit!

I've stayed in 10 different hostels, and definitely the Best hostel ever!!!!!! As you entered in the reception, you can just feel like you're in a neat hotel. very comfortable coach and warm blankets in the reception, three fast macs, various cereal for breakfast, just home-like personalized bathroom, super kind staffs, perfect night view seen from rooftop! I even could enjoy free BBQ at first night here. They also offer Niagara falls tours! It was my best choice to stay here!!!

This was my first time staying in a hostel, ever. From the staff to the activities planned for guests to the location of the hostel itself it was honestly a remarkable experience. It was my first time traveling alone, in a country I had never been to and Planet Traveler made me feel right at home. There was not one moment where I felt uncomfortable or lonely. I had fantastic roommates, and hanging out in the Common Room you were more than likely to start talking to someone. I could go on and on!

The hostel is cool. It is situated by chinatown with good places to eat around. You can catch the metro from College street which is a 10-minute walk or you can get on a trolley. You can get to the CN tower/Union station area in about 20 minutes by metro. There are nightly activities everyday and many people to socialize with. The staff are helpful. They clean the rooms regularly. The showers and toilets are inside the rooms. the wifi was decent.

The dorms were small, but nice. Comfortable beds. Would stay in the dorms again. Stayed in a private room my 2nd night. Was very expensive for what we got... Just a bed in a room, and we had to share one bathroom with 3 other private rooms (up to 12 people!). Breakfast until 1 pm is a genius idea! More common space would have been nice. It was always pretty packed in the evenings. They also close all the common space at midnight, which is a little weird, so you either have to go out or go to bed

Honestly, this is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. I enjoyed every minute. The hostel is by three main streetcars and it made travel so easy. The fact that the bathroom was exclusive to my room was so amazing and it was cleaned everyday. the people in my room were also very nice and i had the greatest experience. It made my stay in Toronto that much better and I will definitely stay there again when I travel to Toronto!

• 25th Sep 2015

GREAT hostel. Great location, we walked everywhere, great rooms, bathrooms, ROOFTOP, great breakfast and free tea and popcorn (😀). Staff weren't very friendly or helpful at first check in but most of them were lovely and friendly!

• 24th Sep 2015