Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

Without a doubt the best hostel I have ever stayed in! Friendliest staff, great atmosphere especially for solo travellers. The rooftop terrace of the hostel has a gorgeous view of the city, hostel location is really central right next to Kensington Market, and it has breakfast from 7am - 1pm (bagels, cereals, bananas, tea and coffee). The kitchen is extremely well equipped and offers free rice and popcorn whenever you want. If you go to Toronto without staying in this hostel you're missing out!

Kickass location - quite literally around the corner from Kensington Market, and within a 30-40 minute walk from most points of interest downtown. Great hostel regardless of whether you want to mingle with fellow travelers every night or want to retire to your room early - just come with an open mind! Hostel could have gone a little easy on the A/C in the room though. Overall great stay, and I would return.

Had a great stay here. The staff are lovely and friendly. The breakfast was good but I would have loved some oj :). Room was tight but it was clean and I had lovely roommates and a good locker. Plenty of facilities available including telephone booths and bikes. Events organised and it was just plain old fun :). Location is great too. Id stay here if I ever came back :) P.S. I accidentally took someones eyelash curly from Room 13, apologies only noticed when I saw two of them in my make up bag:(

Pros: Clean hostel, friendly staff, mostly good facilities, location is close to Downtown Toronto. Cons: - Noise level was unacceptable (most hostels we have stayed at [e.g. Nui Hostel, Tokyo, Japan, and Khaosan Kyoto, Japan] instated curfews to prevent excess noise. As a couple, we were not interested in Pub Crawls and parties and ended up with a severe lack of sleep most days. Hostels should accommodate everyone, not only those who want to party. Washer and dryer was damaged as well.

It was the best hostel I ever stayed in and I travelled a lot already! The neighbourhood is great and near cheap restaurants and kensington market. Better than staying downtown where all the tourists are. This is a great place to see Toronto! The staff is super helpful and friendly. Gives the impression of a great team who are very close to their guests! Can 100 percent recommend it! Everything was clean and in good conditions as well

Really close to everything (remember the streetcars!), really modern and clean, staff knew their stuff, free breakfast was free and breakfasty

This hostel is clean, inviting and has very sunny bright rooms! The rooftop patio and activities they run make it a fun environment to meet new people and relax! The free breakfast is simple and satisfying. I was VERY happy with my stay here :)

The hostel was magnificent. Staff were very friendly and informative. Always willing to help. The rooms are clean and so are the bathrooms. The lounge area downstairs is great. You can just hang out and play board games or watch tv, or just talk to other travelers. The rooftop was excellent. They have Karaoke, bbq, and trivia night. Overall this is a superb hostel.

• 12th Jun 2015

My boyfriend and I were just for a couple of days in Toronto but we enjoyed our stay at planet traveller. The staff is very helpful, they gave us good tips and maps and they even lend us umbrellas :) unfortunately we didnt have enough time to enjoy the roof and the night activities. We hope to come back again.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Peru

One of the best hostels I stayed in. If I'm back in Toronto I'll definitely come back here. Super atmosphere, clean and fantastic location.

tippitoppi, best hostel, I've ever been in. If I come back to Toronto, I'll stay there. Regards, Oliver

• 7th Jun 2015

Cozy, clean hostel. Somedays night party in rooftop bar. Safe & good location even at night.

Great hostel with an amazing view from the rooftop terrace ...

• 5th Jun 2015

Very young and nice team. The rooftop is just incredible. There is a little party every night at this beautiful place. I met so many cool people. If I visit Toronto again I definitely will go there again!

Location was a surprise. Staff were really helpful and attentive. Room was clean and spotless. Can't fault this place - and I'm fussy.

I love this hostel. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. Overall the staff was extremely helpful and answered any questions you had. I rate it A++ on cleaniness too. I wish I could've stayed longer.

- Thanks! Great staff, I enjoyed my time! - Free burgers and breakfast were very good. - Free local calls were handy. - You could offer other sorts of free tea or a slightly better quality. - The air conditioning in the room was a little cold and I wasn't able to increase the temperature over a set limit.

Great staff, great location!

• 27th May 2015

Really nice place to stay. Clean and invitinving. Room space a lil on the cramped side but nice bathroom and common area makes up for it. It would be nice to have access to some paper towels would be nice unless there is some environment concern. Keep up the good work! Awesome staff!

The best staff! Helpful and friendly!