Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

Very nice hostel, with modern facilities, free breakfast and safe place in the city. When staying I suggest to hop from Wi-Fi's in order to get better speed

• 6th May 2015
  • Portugal

The street car stops in front of the hostel. Very Close to Chinatown, lots of cheap eats. The rooms are small, I had to put my luggage in a separate area within the suite but outside the room itself. They have free breakfast up until around noon. The common areas are not open 24hrs. So it can be very quiet at night. Not much socialization happens after that. The staff are wonderful. They're very friendly and helpful!!!

Tanks so much for running such a great modern hostel. Sometimes the music was too much hight in the basement and in the roof area, but a part this, I found all super great.

Really enjoyed time there - staff very friendly and liked the fact that they took time to site down wih you to go through a map of the city and advise what the best things were to see and do, as well as show you around the hostel itself. Hostel room was clean and bathroom was better than some hotels I stayed in on my trip! Thank You

I spent 4 days in planet traveler Toronto, and it was the best hostel I have ever stayed in!! After my 8 month of work and travel I saw lots of different hostels all over Canada and this was the best. The staff is super friendly and always helping you out no matter what's wrong. The rooftop was my personal highlight with the great (free) barbecue and the awesome view! I would definitely choose planet traveler when I am back in Toronto!! Thank you very much

The hostel is in an absolutely fantastic location, situated between several areas including Chinatown and Kensington. They offer tours to Niagara Falls which are incredibly good value for money (and let's be honest, Niagara Falls is amazing). Free breakfast, tea and coffee and lockers which don't require your own padlock make this hostel feel a little bit luxurious. Interesting decor in the common areas and a rooftop bar also feature, and there are lots of great activities.

I just finished a 3 month long trip in Asia and had a few days in Toronto at the end. Staff let me check in a couple hours early because I had just arrived after travelling for 24 hours, that was much appreciated. Free breakfast was good, hostel was clean with good facilities. Awesome location. Roof top hang out was really cool. My only complaint (and this is being really picky) is that the lighting in the bathrooms is really poor. Thanks for the great stay!

Loved all the staff. For my first experience of staying in a hostel they made it very welcoming. This hostel has great benefits such as charing points inside the lockers and no need to bring your own padlock. The hostel was clean and had free breakfast with every single veritey of cereal there is. It's a small hostel but very cosey with an amazing view of Toronto from its roof top. The shared dorms are very small but worth a stay.

The rooms were fine. The staff were friendly enough. The hostel was located a little further away from town than we had hoped. The saving grace was the excellent tour of Niagara Falls that we were able to book through the hostel. The tour guide was the most enthusiastic man I have ever come across. The tour was absolutely brilliant!

Easily one of the best hostels I have stayed at! Great staff, location and facilities.

Great place to be!!!!!

The staff was very friendly , best hostel I've stayed in .

The staff were very friendly and knowledgable, with great tips on what to do. Only negative would be the size of the bedrooms and the lockers, there was very little space to store a case, although for the price of the hostel you can't really complain.

Everyone was super friendly and the accommodations were perfect!

• 10th Apr 2015

A great place to stay when you are travelling, lots to do both in the hostel and nearby. Many visitors go back year after year. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Lockers in each room give you peace of mind, beds are comfortable, and the kitchen is well equipped. The rooftop bar has stunning views of the Toronto skyline, especially at night. Just take your own drinks, as the bar is not yet licensed to sell alcohol (but this keeps the price down, so no complaints!)

My only concern was that I had a keycard die at 2am when the Hostel was locked and unstaffed. I got ridiculously lucky that another fellow in my room arrived back shortly after me, otherwise I'm not sure how I might have made it inside. I mentioned this at checkout the next day, and the staffer was rather surprisingly unconcerned. Hopefully they can have some emerg contact for any others this happens to? I looked but couldn't find contact info.

I had a great time staying at the Planet Traveler Hostel. Like other reviewers have said, the location is great. Everything is within walking distance! The staff is really helpful and the facilities are modern and clean. I'd recommend anyone visiting Toronto to stay here, and I'll be back for sure!

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Couldn't say a bad thing about Planet Traveler. Everything was amazing.

• 8th Apr 2015

I've stayed in many, many hostels over years of backpacking, and this is one of my favourites to date: always clean, with very friendly staff, and an incredible location right next to Kingston Markets. Would stay again, 💯

• 5th Apr 2015

Really loved this place, its my first time in a hostel and this place is really amazing. its clean and organized everything is new and modern. They have free breakfast till 1pm, the common area is really nice and friendly. I would definetly do it again.

• 3rd Apr 2015