Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

Amazing location and view from the roof. Staff pointed me to some fantastic restaurants. Heaps of beds available and in the locker for your things there was even a power point!

The best hostel I have ever stayed in! The location was spot on with Kingston Market just 1/2 block away. I had a rental car and could park my car there for $9.00/day. The rooms were clean, the beds were amazing with incredibly comfortably duvets and the staff was always kind and helpful! Anthony, the owner, is so nice and cooks an amazing dinner on Saturday nights. The people were amazing; I'll never forget everyone I met there and can't wait to come back - but for a longer stay!! GREEN ENRGY!

The staff at the check-in desk always act as a commander, never smile.

• 31st May 2014
  • China

Couldn't stay long. But next time I drop by Toronto, I'm definitely staying there.

The hostel was super nice! I loved the rooftop lounge. It is very close to Kensington Market, a bit of a walk to downtown/the CN tower area, but still doable. Definitely would stay here again!

Excellent hostel at a great location. Add to that an amazing rooftop terrace to complete the whole atmosphere

I had a great time and met some awesome people! I loved the cookout, was a great introduction to folks.

Clean, good location and facilities, but definitely too much people ( and non-traveller people) for me.

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at! The best part was the rooftop patio where you can bring your own booze and meet tons of other people. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is great, it is close to downtown and many bars and restaurants. I stayed in a private room and it was simple but very clean. The hotel is very modern and clean. Free breakfast is awesome. I loved the pub crawl on Wednesday night - met tons of new people! I would definatlely come back.

• 20th May 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in!

Walking distance to Kensington, Chinatown, Downtown etc. They had BBQ night at the patio. Staff were friendly & welcoming. Free bfast (only cereals & banana were there, or at least what I saw). Milk, tap water & coffee for drinks. Building is very clean, secure (keycard access outside & each floor) & looks new. Storage, laundry, lounge & computers available. I stayed in 5bed female dorm, & my bed is so squeaky! Bathroom is lovely and very clean. Wish they had more hostels around the world tho!

• 17th May 2014

Better than any hotel!! The place was incredibly clean and the hostel was very homey. Everything you could possibly need was included (kitchen, free popcorn, free tea and coffee, local phone calls, computer access and tv). The op deck was beautiful and provided a great view of the city, including the CN Tower! The workers were accommodating and the people staying at the hostel were incredibly friendly! It felt like one big family! Breakfast was included which, was delightful. A++++++++++++++++++

I can't recommend this hostel enough. I've stayed at hostels all throughout the Americas and this one was probably the best. It is very, very clean and comfortable. It's on a street by the uni so there is a lot going on (restaurants, bars, etc.) The staff organizes fun things to do including rooftop bbqs (with a spectacular view) on Saturdays with a great vibe. This hostel definitely made my stay in Toronto - thanks guys!! :) :)

The staff there are solo nice! I had a great time in the hostel! I love their breakfast!

• 14th May 2014
  • China

One of best hostels I've ever stayed at! I definitely will go back again.

• 10th May 2014

Great experience. Hadn't been to a traditional hostel in ages and it was a great way to start again. Loved the front counter staff. Gorgeous Canadian girl who was super helpful and friendly and a lovely Englishman. Always take the time to help and give advice. very clean. Loved the ensuite in my bathroom. The rooms were neat and clean and the bed was comfortable. LOVED the free breakfast! Bagels were incredible and SO much coffee. Great vibe i the kitchen and lounge area as well. Awesome!

Awesome place to stay. Everyone really friendly. Excellent clean facilities in rooms, kitchen n communal areas. Would be good to have a few more organised activities for the day time

Great hostel, friendly vibe, lots going on and great facilities. Additionally, despite the liveliness the dorm area was really quiet for sleeping. Highly recommended - especially for lone travellers.

Beside the french girl at the front desk! Everyone was super nice! Love this Hostel!

The planet traveler is a great hostel providing you everything what you need! The staff is very friendly and the people who stay they pretty cool. The big living room, the late check-out and the roof terrace top off this place!