Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

GREAT hostel. Great location, we walked everywhere, great rooms, bathrooms, ROOFTOP, great breakfast and free tea and popcorn (😀). Staff weren't very friendly or helpful at first check in but most of them were lovely and friendly!

• 24th Sep 2015

This is one of the nicest hostels that I've ever stayed at and I've stayed at many around the world. The beds and rooms are really comfortable and feel new, and the location is perfect. The staff was always very friendly and the breakfast (which is free) is a great value. I'll definitely stay here again.

I really liked the hostel. The staff was very nice, the rooms were fine, there was a bathroom that looked like the ones you get in good hotels for each room + additional bathrooms on the floors. The rooftop is simply amazing with a perfect view on Toronto skyline. There were activities offered almost every day, like bar crawls and free BBQ every saturday evening. You can get to downtown in 15 to 20 mins by foot or simply take a streetcar. Neighbourhood perfect for food!

Very friendly people working there . Excelent breakfast included in the daily rate . Fantastic view of the Toronto skyline from the roof .

Very clean and modern. The breakfast was extraordinary! I was very surprised. Free popcorn as well. IMacs to work on. Good Wifi, Lockers with locks in the room. Very friendly and cool staff. Fridge, microwave, clean kitchen, pubcrawls - everything was offered. I wish they would serve alcohol at the bar upstairs. The location is very good. About 25 minutes walking to downtown. Close to railways. Price/value is far over average!

Simply the best. perfect location, perfect staff, and awesome accommodations.

Great hostel, great staff. Thanks very much for a lovely stay.

• 8th Sep 2015
  • Gibraltar

I enjoyed my stay/ Thanks once again for accommodating my wish to have lower bed / Anna

This is the best hostel in Toronto! Very clean and modern; the shared bathroom of The private rooms is always clean; the kitchen is well equipped; everything seems always safe; the staff is very helpful and friendly. My favourite part is the rooftop with the amazing view, perfect to have some drinks and relax! I highly recommend Planet Traveler!

The best hostel I have ever been too and not just in Canada. Staff were amazing great since of humour, helpful and friendly. The place has amazing wifi and bathrooms with huge showers that could fit three people. Lockers are a good size and the beds comfortable and very clean. The rooms are secure and there is even a rooftop patio offering amazing views of the city. Breakfast is vast and there are free local calls and private phone booths. The only criticism would be the front door lock

• 6th Sep 2015

great hostel with Green credentials, loved it, walked in and given a free hamburger at a rooftop celebration, what more can you ask for!

I stayed here two nights. It was my second time here. I had such a good experience the last time I stayed that it was a no brainer to come here again when I visited Toronto. In addition to the cleanliness and excellent staff, I like that breakfast is offered later than other hostels. The location is great and the place itself is chill.

it was awesome! the staff were really nice and always willing to help.

• 5th Sep 2015

This was a really great hostel, one of the best I've stayed in! Really nice location close to great bars and restaurants. Very clean and comfortable. Great facilities including a roof terrace with events on most evenings. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Little things like free tea and coffee and popcorn all day made a big difference. Certainly recommend this place!

Thanks for this experience! Such a great hostel overall.

Staff were rude and not welcoming at all. God forbid you put crumbs on the bench as one staff member told us off for cutting our bagel and crumbs falling off the plate. The bathrooms were never cleaned properly- floors never swept and in a female dorm there was hair everywhere. Beds were extremely uncomfortable. Wouldn't say here again and no atmosphere.

Clean, friendly hostel in great location for Toronto. Stayed in private room with shared bathroom which was clean although walls very thin and could be a little noisy. Nice breakfast in am and lovely rooftop patio.

• 25th Aug 2015

Needed individual lights for each bed. I also felt they needed paper towels available to wipe hands on. Told they used to, but people left the paper hanging around; however often they change the T-towels, it really isn't hygienic to dry hands on T-towels then dry the china and cutlery with the same towel. That aside, the place was the nicest, cleanest hostel I've been to in a long while and it was a nice surprise to find that breakfast was included. Extremely helpful staff.

Very clean and welcoming hostel in a wonderful area!

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. There is a legitimate reason why they are ranked as the best hostel in Toronto!