Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

The staff were great: very helpful, welcoming and friendly. I received prompt answers to my email questions prior to my stay. Loved the rooftop and how environmentally friendly the hostel is.

• 27th Jun 2014

Free breakfast and a free BBQ the Saturday night I was there!

One of the best hostel breakfasts I've encountered on my travels thus far, very engaged staff, and a killer location. The ensuite bathrooms are an amazing touch, mattresses are super comfy, and the view from the rooftop patio is legendary!

The staff were particularly cheerful, friendly and helpful. Cleaning was done often by staff and there was no closing of facilities while they cleaned.

One staff member incredibly nice. Another staff member quite odd and did not understand English very well. Best thing was to rent a bike, but expensive.

Hostel is in a fantastic location, with air con (in summers so important) really nice bathroom facilities and an amazing roof bar that has a fantastic view over Toronto. Staff were pleasant but not as nice as my past experiences in many hostels. Only negatives honestly were the activities, there just didn't seem to be many/any. Overall almost like a hotel which is fantastic for the price

Staff are friendly and rooms clean.

Really nice hostel. Facilities are clean. The kitchen is nice. And it was easy to meet people.

I only stayed 12 hrs for the night, so i can't really say much about the atmosphere but I found it rather anonymous due to it's hotel character. The hostel itself is very clean, provides for everything a traveller needs, is very centrally located. I slept in an en suite 6 bed female dorm. lockers were inside the rooms, which is plus. AC worked fine and quietly, bathroom state of the art. YET: not enough space in room or bathroom to accomodate all the girls' stuff, so it was very chaotic.

The only downside was that there was no more hot water on one morning we I had a shower. Otherwise, very nice hostel.

• 21st Jun 2014

amazing place, good atmosphere. and unbelievable breaky!

Excellent hostel. Friendly staff and great location.

Super clean, friendly staff, free breakfast was appreciated as was the rooftop with a gorgeous view over Toronto!

Really nice hostel, just a little far from downtown by foot and from the subway, but facilities are great, dirmitories comfortable and the staff really welcoming. Let's go share free popcorn on the amazing rooftop.

One of the best hostels ever!!! Excellent =)

Such a nice place. Clean dorm, safe location, cool staff.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Clean bedrooms and bathrooms and a great breakfast! :)

Completely satisfied. Would stay again without a doubt and will recommend to my traveling friends. I paid extra for parking by car ($9 a day) and that was well worth it. Rooms are a little snug but then it's a hostel. Kitchen is huge and CLEAN. Lots of space to hookup laptop and great connectivity.

• 12th Jun 2014

Nicely renovated and modern. The common area downstairs should be open 24 hours instead of closing at midnight. But overall the place was excellent. The rooftop has a great view of downtown.

• 11th Jun 2014

Very close to being the best Hostel I've ever stayed! The atmosphere was awesome and the staff were like having some of my best friends around. I've tried other hostels in Toronto but I've stayed here twice now and am considering altering my travel plans just to drop in one last time. Location is also great and free breakfast until 1pm is quality, especially after a big night. Thank you Planet Traveler! lots of love from the Tall Australian Toby =)