Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

This is a very good hostel. I would definitely recommend and stay there again. The breakfast is good and available until 1:00 PM. The dorm I was in was tiny however the decor in the common area and the bathrooms were well designed. Thanks for a great stay.

This hostel is great and if your travelling on your own it's so easy to meet other travelers. The hostel also hosts pub crawls and Bbqs which r a good way to meet people. The rooms are small but u don't spend much time in them. Instead use the common areas which are great and nice to chat to other travelers.

Definitely not a good experience! My worst experience with hostels. This was the only one I got without wifi (No signal in my room. So, basically they were expecting me to go to the common areas on the ground whenever I needed the internet.) No outlets around my bed. So I had to sleep without my phone around me!! Lastly, they seem to have you not only like a customer but also kinda of a maid! They require costumers to bring their sheets to the reception.That was really weird to me. Nice staff!

Staff very nice and over efficient! Free food available, free soap, free mad breakfast feast, free bbq on saturdays,..... Only the windows are little thin.

I was travelling on my own and stayed for two nights, I met very nice people and the stuff was very friendly.

• 24th Apr 2014

This is a really great place and appreciate what they have done!

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • China

Very good hostel! Helpful staff, good atmosphere, located next to a very nice district with a lot of cheap but good food. I recommend to book the Niagara Tour with them (very good tour for a low price)!

The hostel is close to the central bus station and near kensington market, china town. There are many different restaurants and coffee shops around the corner. The hostel itself is clean. During summer time they offer a free BBQ on the roof top every sarurday. The view up there is amazing! The stuff and the owner are brilliant. Even if it's a bit more expensive than other places it's definitely worth to stay there!

Best hostel I have ever been to. I would go back in a heart beat!

• 17th Apr 2014

The staff were super friendly and good fun. Rooms were clean and tidy and maintained on a daily basis. Planet Traveller is one of the best hostels i have stayed in and will definitely stay there again, have also recommended it to friends too!

I only stay for one night. But the place is much better than I expected. The staff is very friendly. It is my first choice if I go to toronto.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • China

Friendly staff, excellent location within walking distance of many attractions and the subway.

It was one of the cleanest hostels I've stayed in. The staff were all very helpful and friendly.

so nice!!!!!!!!!!!

• 10th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

Great stay. Cool area. No complaints. Definitely would come back again.

Great hostel! I stayed a couple nights in a 6 bedroom dorm. The dorm has its own washroom, and 6 lockers outside the actual bedroom which is great. The hostel has a kitchen downstairs, wich is perfeclty equipped (a laundry room as well). The location is great, and there's a lot of restaurants and grocery shops within walking distance. I know where I'll stay next time I visit Toronto.

Great hostel in a good part of town. The staff were really friendly and atmosphere was awesome - heaps of events and stuff to get everyone involved. Only down side was that the common area closed at 12am, and the WiFi was really bad in the rooms. Having to strip the bed on check out seems to be creating more complications than it's worth as I saw so many people come to reception with the wrong parts of the bed. It was quite expensive for the tiny size of our room but we enjoyed our stay

We really enjoyed our stay at Planet Traveler. It is a little way from the station, but it's easy enough to get to once you have figured out the tram system. You can buy a day travel card from the shop next door, which is useful. Our room was very basic, but it was clean and it was exactly what we needed for such a short stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the communal areas were lovely. I'd stay here again just for the bagels at breakfast time and the view from the rooftop deck.

Nice and near to shops and restaurants, an easy walk from the bus station and a good base for town. It's a pretty big hostel and was busy when I was there, which makes it slightly less easy to slot in as a solo newbie, but I had a good stay, slept well and loved the breakfast and welcome from staff.

Second time staying at the hostel and i highly recommend it. The hostel has awesome staff; they are friendly and they provide great customer service. The owner is also great. Best hostel i've stayed in so far. The location is perfect (close to restaurants, bars and the market). It's clean and if you are travelling alone, it's the perfect place to meet young people.

• 27th Mar 2014