Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Majority of the staff members were fantastic but unfortunately there was one particular girl who was rude and disinterested, she wouldn't help with anything and made you feel bad for annoying her. It's a shame that her behaviour ruined the reputation of the other fantastic and helpful staff members!

The walls were very thin and noise from the plumbing and from outside kept us awake all night. But it was very clean and pleasant otherwise.

The planet traveler is the best hostel that I`ve already been all my life. The staff is attentive and very polite. I have a wonderful stay there.

• 11th Sep 2013

so crowded:(

One of the best hostels I've stayed in so far

i had stayed there for 2 days. location was good. just next to kenshington market. staffs are very kind and free BBQ was also nice. very clean and neat hostel.

Wonderful stay there! Loved that there was food until 1PM and the rooftop is fun to meet friends and gaze at the Toronto skyline. Wi-fi may be a little spotty, but overall, I would love to come back here!

Clean place. Good location. I would stay here again!

Everything was excellent. Two things that bothered me where: the internet is atrocious, so don't expect to be using it. Also they close the rooftop and common rooms way too early at twelve, we had to hang out in the stairwell all too often when the bars closed. Apart from that it was awesome. Great staff, ridiculous view from the rooftop, amazing location. I would be staying here again.

Had an excellent time at this hostel, the rooftop terrace alone is worth the stay. Hostel is close enough to the city to walk but I spent a lot of time in Kensington Market nearby at the huge amount of cheap restaurants and cute bars. Will be staying in this hostel again when I come back to Toronto

Excellent for a hostel by any standards. The room I stayed in is generally clean, sheets etc... are clean. This was a room with 2 bunk beds (4 beds total), with a dedicated bathroom (also generally quite clean). Towel provided for each occupant. Each room has its own key card access. Front entrance to the hostel is by key card access. Staff are friendly and helpful. Located close to the University, Kensington Market and China Town, is right on the Street Car route, and not very far from Yonge.

The only down part is that reception does not work 24h.

Clean hostel with friendly staff. didn't receive much information when checking in but I never really asked. good location. there are two 24 Hour convenience stores right next to the hostel and a drugstore down the street.

Planet Traveler was the nicest hostel I've every stayed at. The staff was so helpful and friendly, the common areas were great and had lots of facilities, the hostel was very clean and well kept, and the location was perfect. I would definitely recommend staying here to anyone!

• 22nd Aug 2013

Everything was fantastic--definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed at, all around, hands down. The ONLY thing that sucked was the internet was terrible. That's good so people are wasting their time surfing the internet when they should be out exploring and hanging out, but when you NEED the internet (answering work/school emails, booking/checking in flights, etc.), it was very frustrating. Otherwise, though, top-notch!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! The location makes it so easy to get around! I felt safe to walk on the streets late at night there....the card key system is nice! The all you can eat breakfast from 7-1pm is FANTASTIC! I was blown away by this place, can't wait to go back. The rooftop is dreamy!.... Seriously, you should stay here if you are considering a trip to Toronto.

• 22nd Aug 2013

It is the best hostel you can find! The only problem was the wi-fi which was sometimes very slow. But still worth it!!

The guy who answer the phone has a poor english which made my way there a bit dificult, but I had a good time there

This hostel is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Friendly staff, very clean and a huge breakfast. At night you have a nice view of the Torontos skyline and the cn-tower. The Location is great and a lot of the major attraction are in walking distance. If you figure out, how to take the bus or the metro, you will get there even faster. I definitely recommend this hostel and when I come back to Toronto I will stay there again.

Very nice hostel with friendly stuff and good self-service breakfast. Highlight is the rooftop. There you can sit, talk and play with a wonderful view over Toronto. Internet connection is very slow, sometimes unusable and the bathrooms are a little bit dark. Brighter light would help here.