Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

I like this hostel. Good location,kind staff, free berbecue, clean, good security,good free break fast, coffee ,tea, pop corn I want to stay this hostel again .

Great place to stay. Decent breakfast, and a really high quality BBQ on Saturday nights. Right next to Kensington Market, and the university, this hostel really does have a fantastic location. Highly recommended.

Great Hostel!!! good location, the staff is very friendly. Shared washroom are always clean, and the hostel is beautiful and clean. The hostel has many activities as Pub Crawl, BBQ and more. instead of 3 nights we've been here for a week. Enjoy!

• 11th Oct 2013
  • Israel

A great hostel, one of the better I've stayed at. The staff are pleasant, rooms air-conditioned and clean, the free breakfast was plentiful and they have a first-class rooftop area with breathtaking views of Toronto city. Wi-fi was slow at times but altogether it's well worth checking into this hostel.

Actually did not end up staying at this hostel due to them messing up the dates I was suppose to stay there. I program applications and websites for a living and the only way they would have messed this up is through user error. They attempted to lead me to believe the system booked me in for a month later despite all my print outs from Hostelworld.com and all my emails clearly stated the correct month. From what I could see, the hostel looked pretty decent though despite this mix up.

It is good to know that it is possible to keep a large hostel like the Planet Traveler in Toronto regarding security, cleanliness, friendly and intent staff. A good breakfast is served and the staff shows great effort that the kitchen is kept clean and coffee is available. We used the possibility to rent bikes provided by the hostel. Here, we had some difficulties because bikes were partly not worth for the road and staff couldn't help us very much to fix it (but always tried hard).

best place in Toronto !!!

Majority of the staff members were fantastic but unfortunately there was one particular girl who was rude and disinterested, she wouldn't help with anything and made you feel bad for annoying her. It's a shame that her behaviour ruined the reputation of the other fantastic and helpful staff members!

The walls were very thin and noise from the plumbing and from outside kept us awake all night. But it was very clean and pleasant otherwise.

The planet traveler is the best hostel that I`ve already been all my life. The staff is attentive and very polite. I have a wonderful stay there.

• 11th Sep 2013

so crowded:(

One of the best hostels I've stayed in so far

i had stayed there for 2 days. location was good. just next to kenshington market. staffs are very kind and free BBQ was also nice. very clean and neat hostel.

Wonderful stay there! Loved that there was food until 1PM and the rooftop is fun to meet friends and gaze at the Toronto skyline. Wi-fi may be a little spotty, but overall, I would love to come back here!

Clean place. Good location. I would stay here again!

Everything was excellent. Two things that bothered me where: the internet is atrocious, so don't expect to be using it. Also they close the rooftop and common rooms way too early at twelve, we had to hang out in the stairwell all too often when the bars closed. Apart from that it was awesome. Great staff, ridiculous view from the rooftop, amazing location. I would be staying here again.

Had an excellent time at this hostel, the rooftop terrace alone is worth the stay. Hostel is close enough to the city to walk but I spent a lot of time in Kensington Market nearby at the huge amount of cheap restaurants and cute bars. Will be staying in this hostel again when I come back to Toronto

Excellent for a hostel by any standards. The room I stayed in is generally clean, sheets etc... are clean. This was a room with 2 bunk beds (4 beds total), with a dedicated bathroom (also generally quite clean). Towel provided for each occupant. Each room has its own key card access. Front entrance to the hostel is by key card access. Staff are friendly and helpful. Located close to the University, Kensington Market and China Town, is right on the Street Car route, and not very far from Yonge.

The only down part is that reception does not work 24h.

Clean hostel with friendly staff. didn't receive much information when checking in but I never really asked. good location. there are two 24 Hour convenience stores right next to the hostel and a drugstore down the street.