Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

Probably one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in and I've been to a good few. Great atmosphere. Lovely roofs terrace with a great view. Free events. The list goes on. No complaints. Great job guys!

The hostel itself was very nice and the staff quite attentive and helpful. The drawback for us was the room we had. We were located right on the street and with people standing outside talking until the early morning it was difficult to fall asleep and stay asleep! If you are not a late owl I would highly recommend getting a room in the interior of the hostel otherwise you won't get much sleep :(

• 7th Aug 2014
  • giggles36kd

Would be nice to have some chairs in the rooms. Best air in all hostels (we visited in the last weeks)

The best nights sleep I've had in a hostel and that was due to the mattress. The breakfast is served till 1pm so you don't miss it if you've had a late night. The only down side was the wifi. The signal wasn't the best and kept dropping

Great place to stay while visiting Toronto, staff are brilliant and the rooftop terrace is a treat.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Best Hostel I ever stayed! Very, very nice staff! Everything was very clean and free BBQ on saturday was just great, met so many people from all over the world! Only negative thing I want to mention is the breakfast. It consists just of bagels and jam! But again, best hostel I ever stayed and absolutely good value-for-money!

Excellent location, good ensuite dormitories, very good breakfast served till 1pm everyday which was a great plus. Very attentive friendly staff. Would recommend this hostel to others. Very good price compared to many other hostels in North America and you get good facilities for this price.

Best location! Next to Kensington Market, my favourite place in Toronto, and walkable from Queens Park Metro station. Facilities are amazing. Everything seems new and super clean. Atmosphere downstairs is non existent, but go and check out the great view from the rooftop. Free breakfast until 1pm so unlike most hostels, you actually have a chance of making it down in time for bagels, bananas and cereal. Staff were really friendly and helpful. I recommend hiring a bike and exploring.

Great hostel located right by Kensington Market. Very clean, friendly staff, great entertainment. I happened to arrive on a Saturday which happened to be the night they were having a bbq on the rooftop. The rooftop by the way has a fabulous view of the skyline. Everyone in the hostel definitely added to the experience, awesome people. Another plus unlike other hostels that have breakfast from 7-10am this one is from 7-1pm, score! I will definitely be staying here next time im in Toronto.

Verrrry friendly staff, cool burger night for free! Awesome rooftop terrasse!! :-)

Positives: rooms

Not so safe, they have a door with a magnetic card to go inside, but anyone can open the door if someone lose the card. The reception is not 24h, it closes at midnight, so the people has no place to stay after this. There is no wifi in the rooms!!!! Some day was a party at the rooftop that was night long one. A lot of people that wasnt there were allowed to get to the hostel, I thought this is so unsafe!!!! A lot of people going up and down, drunks... Not nice at all. Very small rooms.

Enjoyed my time and would definatly stay again/recommend

This hostel had the best vibe out of all the places I stayed during my US/Canada trip. Good location, staff and kitchen but the highlight was the rooftop terence. A great place to hang out and meet fellow travellers while having a few drinks.

Lovely hostel centrally located with staff that are willing to go the extra mile. Rooms were clean and spacious bad breakfast in the morning was a bonus nice too! Highly recommended

I have concerns about the fact that all my emails to this facility have gone unanswered. I had concerns about not being able to check in by the time the front desk closed and, later on, concerns about an item I may have left there. Neither of these emails have ever been responded to. Why?

I have stayed at Planet Traveler multiple times -- and for good reason. The facilities are clean, the complimentary breakfast is great, and I appreciate all of the extra touches such as having the lockers in the hallway instead of in the room so that there's less noise in the night. The only thing that could be improved is more room to hang things. I think that the rooms could benefit from a few hangers for towels and a small shelf near each bed to put things like eyeglasses or cell phones.

I will definitely recommend for anyone wanting to visit Toronto. The location is central and most tourist attractions are very close, as well as the transit system. The rooftop terrace has an amazing view. The only (minor) drawback was the limited parking but there was a public parking place about 5 minutes walk away. Really a top-notch place to stay.

Friendly and helpful staff, safe and a superb location! And what a roof terrace! What about some individual bed lights!

Great place to stay. Would recommend to all.

• 10th Jul 2014