Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

Great hostel with a warm and friendly staff. The staff warmly greeted us and showed us around. They were also very inviting during the hostel sponsored event. The room was very clean and the bed was great. The whole hotel was clean and had a very welcoming atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again next time I'm in TO!

Fantastic location, great atmosphere and amenities, really friendly staff, lots of fun activities - it feels like family and home.

• 21st May 2015

AWESOME hostel!!! I stayed in a 6 female-dorm room, it was very clean and new. They cleaned the room and bathroom everyday. The location is also perfect, right next to Kensington Market and there is a rooftop with amazing city view at night! I would definitely stay here again if I come back to Toronto!

Great hostel vibe. They were very helpful in arranging a visit to Niagara Falls, easy to rent bikes directly from the hostel, and the breakfast (especially bananas!) is a nice touch. I would stay here a million times over.

Awesome hostel. The best I've stayed in so far. In an ideal and safe location. Plant of options for breakfast and super comfy beds. Would definitely recommend.

So many brilliant long lasting memories were made in that hostel and I can guarantee that i'll be going back there mainly because of the people, location and price. Facilities were also bery good and the atmosphere there was very satisfying.

• 18th May 2015
  • samgilder559

The staff were really friendly and helpful. They make an effort to remember your name and ask you about your day making it feel like a safe place to be. I also love that it is an environmentally friendly hostel.

• 15th May 2015

Great common area set up and fantastic having power points in the lockers. Having bathrooms for each room is convenient but I found that they seemed to get dirty quickly.

Points for cleanliness and facilities brought down by broken toilet. Breakfast was great, other availability of facilities first class

I had a excellent time at the planet Great,family staff

Staff are brilliant and the location very good. although it's seemed a bit odd to be asked to wash everything up when there were two dishwashers. Both with do not use signs.

Very nice hostel, with modern facilities, free breakfast and safe place in the city. When staying I suggest to hop from Wi-Fi's in order to get better speed

• 6th May 2015
  • Portugal

The street car stops in front of the hostel. Very Close to Chinatown, lots of cheap eats. The rooms are small, I had to put my luggage in a separate area within the suite but outside the room itself. They have free breakfast up until around noon. The common areas are not open 24hrs. So it can be very quiet at night. Not much socialization happens after that. The staff are wonderful. They're very friendly and helpful!!!

Tanks so much for running such a great modern hostel. Sometimes the music was too much hight in the basement and in the roof area, but a part this, I found all super great.

Really enjoyed time there - staff very friendly and liked the fact that they took time to site down wih you to go through a map of the city and advise what the best things were to see and do, as well as show you around the hostel itself. Hostel room was clean and bathroom was better than some hotels I stayed in on my trip! Thank You

I spent 4 days in planet traveler Toronto, and it was the best hostel I have ever stayed in!! After my 8 month of work and travel I saw lots of different hostels all over Canada and this was the best. The staff is super friendly and always helping you out no matter what's wrong. The rooftop was my personal highlight with the great (free) barbecue and the awesome view! I would definitely choose planet traveler when I am back in Toronto!! Thank you very much

The hostel is in an absolutely fantastic location, situated between several areas including Chinatown and Kensington. They offer tours to Niagara Falls which are incredibly good value for money (and let's be honest, Niagara Falls is amazing). Free breakfast, tea and coffee and lockers which don't require your own padlock make this hostel feel a little bit luxurious. Interesting decor in the common areas and a rooftop bar also feature, and there are lots of great activities.

I just finished a 3 month long trip in Asia and had a few days in Toronto at the end. Staff let me check in a couple hours early because I had just arrived after travelling for 24 hours, that was much appreciated. Free breakfast was good, hostel was clean with good facilities. Awesome location. Roof top hang out was really cool. My only complaint (and this is being really picky) is that the lighting in the bathrooms is really poor. Thanks for the great stay!

Loved all the staff. For my first experience of staying in a hostel they made it very welcoming. This hostel has great benefits such as charing points inside the lockers and no need to bring your own padlock. The hostel was clean and had free breakfast with every single veritey of cereal there is. It's a small hostel but very cosey with an amazing view of Toronto from its roof top. The shared dorms are very small but worth a stay.

The rooms were fine. The staff were friendly enough. The hostel was located a little further away from town than we had hoped. The saving grace was the excellent tour of Niagara Falls that we were able to book through the hostel. The tour guide was the most enthusiastic man I have ever come across. The tour was absolutely brilliant!