Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at! The best part was the rooftop patio where you can bring your own booze and meet tons of other people. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is great, it is close to downtown and many bars and restaurants. I stayed in a private room and it was simple but very clean. The hotel is very modern and clean. Free breakfast is awesome. I loved the pub crawl on Wednesday night - met tons of new people! I would definatlely come back.

• 20th May 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in!

Walking distance to Kensington, Chinatown, Downtown etc. They had BBQ night at the patio. Staff were friendly & welcoming. Free bfast (only cereals & banana were there, or at least what I saw). Milk, tap water & coffee for drinks. Building is very clean, secure (keycard access outside & each floor) & looks new. Storage, laundry, lounge & computers available. I stayed in 5bed female dorm, & my bed is so squeaky! Bathroom is lovely and very clean. Wish they had more hostels around the world tho!

• 17th May 2014

Better than any hotel!! The place was incredibly clean and the hostel was very homey. Everything you could possibly need was included (kitchen, free popcorn, free tea and coffee, local phone calls, computer access and tv). The op deck was beautiful and provided a great view of the city, including the CN Tower! The workers were accommodating and the people staying at the hostel were incredibly friendly! It felt like one big family! Breakfast was included which, was delightful. A++++++++++++++++++

Probably the best hostel in Toronto. Fantastic breakfast (better than at three or four stars hotels) and great infrastructure for the guests. I might come back if I have another oportunnity to travel to Canada.

I can't recommend this hostel enough. I've stayed at hostels all throughout the Americas and this one was probably the best. It is very, very clean and comfortable. It's on a street by the uni so there is a lot going on (restaurants, bars, etc.) The staff organizes fun things to do including rooftop bbqs (with a spectacular view) on Saturdays with a great vibe. This hostel definitely made my stay in Toronto - thanks guys!! :) :)

The staff there are solo nice! I had a great time in the hostel! I love their breakfast!

• 14th May 2014
  • China

One of best hostels I've ever stayed at! I definitely will go back again.

• 10th May 2014

Great experience. Hadn't been to a traditional hostel in ages and it was a great way to start again. Loved the front counter staff. Gorgeous Canadian girl who was super helpful and friendly and a lovely Englishman. Always take the time to help and give advice. very clean. Loved the ensuite in my bathroom. The rooms were neat and clean and the bed was comfortable. LOVED the free breakfast! Bagels were incredible and SO much coffee. Great vibe i the kitchen and lounge area as well. Awesome!

Awesome place to stay. Everyone really friendly. Excellent clean facilities in rooms, kitchen n communal areas. Would be good to have a few more organised activities for the day time

Great hostel, friendly vibe, lots going on and great facilities. Additionally, despite the liveliness the dorm area was really quiet for sleeping. Highly recommended - especially for lone travellers.

Beside the french girl at the front desk! Everyone was super nice! Love this Hostel!

The planet traveler is a great hostel providing you everything what you need! The staff is very friendly and the people who stay they pretty cool. The big living room, the late check-out and the roof terrace top off this place!

This is a very good hostel. I would definitely recommend and stay there again. The breakfast is good and available until 1:00 PM. The dorm I was in was tiny however the decor in the common area and the bathrooms were well designed. Thanks for a great stay.

This hostel is great and if your travelling on your own it's so easy to meet other travelers. The hostel also hosts pub crawls and Bbqs which r a good way to meet people. The rooms are small but u don't spend much time in them. Instead use the common areas which are great and nice to chat to other travelers.

Definitely not a good experience! My worst experience with hostels. This was the only one I got without wifi (No signal in my room. So, basically they were expecting me to go to the common areas on the ground whenever I needed the internet.) No outlets around my bed. So I had to sleep without my phone around me!! Lastly, they seem to have you not only like a customer but also kinda of a maid! They require costumers to bring their sheets to the reception.That was really weird to me. Nice staff!

Staff very nice and over efficient! Free food available, free soap, free mad breakfast feast, free bbq on saturdays,..... Only the windows are little thin.

I was travelling on my own and stayed for two nights, I met very nice people and the stuff was very friendly.

• 24th Apr 2014

This is a really great place and appreciate what they have done!

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • China

Very good hostel! Helpful staff, good atmosphere, located next to a very nice district with a lot of cheap but good food. I recommend to book the Niagara Tour with them (very good tour for a low price)!