Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

The hostel is close to the central bus station and near kensington market, china town. There are many different restaurants and coffee shops around the corner. The hostel itself is clean. During summer time they offer a free BBQ on the roof top every sarurday. The view up there is amazing! The stuff and the owner are brilliant. Even if it's a bit more expensive than other places it's definitely worth to stay there!

Best hostel I have ever been to. I would go back in a heart beat!

• 17th Apr 2014

The staff were super friendly and good fun. Rooms were clean and tidy and maintained on a daily basis. Planet Traveller is one of the best hostels i have stayed in and will definitely stay there again, have also recommended it to friends too!

I only stay for one night. But the place is much better than I expected. The staff is very friendly. It is my first choice if I go to toronto.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • China

Friendly staff, excellent location within walking distance of many attractions and the subway.

It was one of the cleanest hostels I've stayed in. The staff were all very helpful and friendly.

so nice!!!!!!!!!!!

• 10th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

Great stay. Cool area. No complaints. Definitely would come back again.

Great hostel! I stayed a couple nights in a 6 bedroom dorm. The dorm has its own washroom, and 6 lockers outside the actual bedroom which is great. The hostel has a kitchen downstairs, wich is perfeclty equipped (a laundry room as well). The location is great, and there's a lot of restaurants and grocery shops within walking distance. I know where I'll stay next time I visit Toronto.

Great hostel in a good part of town. The staff were really friendly and atmosphere was awesome - heaps of events and stuff to get everyone involved. Only down side was that the common area closed at 12am, and the WiFi was really bad in the rooms. Having to strip the bed on check out seems to be creating more complications than it's worth as I saw so many people come to reception with the wrong parts of the bed. It was quite expensive for the tiny size of our room but we enjoyed our stay

We really enjoyed our stay at Planet Traveler. It is a little way from the station, but it's easy enough to get to once you have figured out the tram system. You can buy a day travel card from the shop next door, which is useful. Our room was very basic, but it was clean and it was exactly what we needed for such a short stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the communal areas were lovely. I'd stay here again just for the bagels at breakfast time and the view from the rooftop deck.

Nice and near to shops and restaurants, an easy walk from the bus station and a good base for town. It's a pretty big hostel and was busy when I was there, which makes it slightly less easy to slot in as a solo newbie, but I had a good stay, slept well and loved the breakfast and welcome from staff.

Second time staying at the hostel and i highly recommend it. The hostel has awesome staff; they are friendly and they provide great customer service. The owner is also great. Best hostel i've stayed in so far. The location is perfect (close to restaurants, bars and the market). It's clean and if you are travelling alone, it's the perfect place to meet young people.

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Rwanda

Nice hostel and location that sells it. However the rooms are too small and even had problems with people stepping on my bed to get out of their top bunk, the problem was resolved but the manager didn't show any compassion and was rude on entry to the room. Found some other staff members to be rude about guests in common areas. Breakfast is a great seller until 1pm and the view from the roof top is wonderful with an open patio area.

Nice and clean hostel. Staffs are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is very substantial. Just the room is a little bit small for 6 people.

I spent four day in this hostel and i felt like at home. Excellent place to stay with a staff very nice and professional. A very good neighborough, quiet and close to the amazing Kensington Market.

Very nice neighborhoud, very organised hostel and cool staff and I want to say thank you specially to Teika :)

Conviniently located near the Kennsington Market, the University of Toronto, Bloor St, and the tram system. Great atmosphere and a friendly staff at the hostel!

The wifi did not work properly, i.e. It only works for some people, during the two days I stayed there. But you can still use the computer in the common area.

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

It was OK except wi-fi internet. Pretty often were problems with getting access.

• 7th Mar 2014