Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Clean bedrooms and bathrooms and a great breakfast! :)

Completely satisfied. Would stay again without a doubt and will recommend to my traveling friends. I paid extra for parking by car ($9 a day) and that was well worth it. Rooms are a little snug but then it's a hostel. Kitchen is huge and CLEAN. Lots of space to hookup laptop and great connectivity.

• 12th Jun 2014

Nicely renovated and modern. The common area downstairs should be open 24 hours instead of closing at midnight. But overall the place was excellent. The rooftop has a great view of downtown.

• 11th Jun 2014

Very close to being the best Hostel I've ever stayed! The atmosphere was awesome and the staff were like having some of my best friends around. I've tried other hostels in Toronto but I've stayed here twice now and am considering altering my travel plans just to drop in one last time. Location is also great and free breakfast until 1pm is quality, especially after a big night. Thank you Planet Traveler! lots of love from the Tall Australian Toby =)

As far as hostels go (and I have stayed in HUNDREDS around the world over the past 30 years) this is one of the absolute cleanest, most stylish and best organised I have ever seen. Beautiful hotel-style bathrooms, cool common room and HUGE breakfast that spills over into lunch. Quiet at night and very secure. The friendly, helpful staff rightfully deserve the excellent review ratings they have received from other travellers. I will definitely stay here again when I'm next in T.O. Well done, PT!

Staff were friendly and accommodating! The hostel was very nice and clean.

• 8th Jun 2014

Amazing location and view from the roof. Staff pointed me to some fantastic restaurants. Heaps of beds available and in the locker for your things there was even a power point!

The best hostel I have ever stayed in! The location was spot on with Kingston Market just 1/2 block away. I had a rental car and could park my car there for $9.00/day. The rooms were clean, the beds were amazing with incredibly comfortably duvets and the staff was always kind and helpful! Anthony, the owner, is so nice and cooks an amazing dinner on Saturday nights. The people were amazing; I'll never forget everyone I met there and can't wait to come back - but for a longer stay!! GREEN ENRGY!

The staff at the check-in desk always act as a commander, never smile.

• 31st May 2014
  • China

Couldn't stay long. But next time I drop by Toronto, I'm definitely staying there.

The hostel was super nice! I loved the rooftop lounge. It is very close to Kensington Market, a bit of a walk to downtown/the CN tower area, but still doable. Definitely would stay here again!

Excellent hostel at a great location. Add to that an amazing rooftop terrace to complete the whole atmosphere

I had a great time and met some awesome people! I loved the cookout, was a great introduction to folks.

Clean, good location and facilities, but definitely too much people ( and non-traveller people) for me.

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at! The best part was the rooftop patio where you can bring your own booze and meet tons of other people. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is great, it is close to downtown and many bars and restaurants. I stayed in a private room and it was simple but very clean. The hotel is very modern and clean. Free breakfast is awesome. I loved the pub crawl on Wednesday night - met tons of new people! I would definatlely come back.

• 20th May 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in!

Walking distance to Kensington, Chinatown, Downtown etc. They had BBQ night at the patio. Staff were friendly & welcoming. Free bfast (only cereals & banana were there, or at least what I saw). Milk, tap water & coffee for drinks. Building is very clean, secure (keycard access outside & each floor) & looks new. Storage, laundry, lounge & computers available. I stayed in 5bed female dorm, & my bed is so squeaky! Bathroom is lovely and very clean. Wish they had more hostels around the world tho!

• 17th May 2014

Better than any hotel!! The place was incredibly clean and the hostel was very homey. Everything you could possibly need was included (kitchen, free popcorn, free tea and coffee, local phone calls, computer access and tv). The op deck was beautiful and provided a great view of the city, including the CN Tower! The workers were accommodating and the people staying at the hostel were incredibly friendly! It felt like one big family! Breakfast was included which, was delightful. A++++++++++++++++++

Probably the best hostel in Toronto. Fantastic breakfast (better than at three or four stars hotels) and great infrastructure for the guests. I might come back if I have another oportunnity to travel to Canada.

I can't recommend this hostel enough. I've stayed at hostels all throughout the Americas and this one was probably the best. It is very, very clean and comfortable. It's on a street by the uni so there is a lot going on (restaurants, bars, etc.) The staff organizes fun things to do including rooftop bbqs (with a spectacular view) on Saturdays with a great vibe. This hostel definitely made my stay in Toronto - thanks guys!! :) :)