Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

Located in a cool area just outside of the city. 10min walk to the metro. In a 6 bed dorm rooms were good. Not enough places to sit and chill in the downstairs common room at night. Staff were helpful but often seemed really busy like they had too much going on. Would stay again

Noise levels were very high in our room at the front of the hostel, didn't get much sleep as a result.

Although I enjoyed my stay at hostel, I had to manage reading at nights, as a result of lack of individual reading lamp.

• 25th Dec 2013
  • Iran

Honestly some of the coolest staff I've come across. The owner threw a nice Xmas party with actual nice food! Rooftop bar is cool (literally, it was cold up there) but there is an indoor section. The lobby has a modern yet cozy vibe to it. It all comes together very well to make you feel at ease.

It's a really good we'll-run hostel in a very convenient location and good price. My only complaint is that the rooms -private rooms anyway- were a bit cold as we were there in December. I tried adjusting the thermostat outside but it had little effect. I imagine the opposite would be true in summer -hot rooms without enough circulation to keep it cool.

My stay at Planet Traveler was great! The hostel is in a nice location. It´s a short walk to downtown Toronto and I basically walked almost everywhere. The rooms are quite small, but clean and quiet compared to other hostels I´ve stayed in. The staff was very nice and helpful, they made me feel as if I was visiting friends at their house. The common area downstairs is very modern and bright which I really liked. I would have loved to visit during the summer to use the awesome rooftop terrace!

I really like Planet Traveler. Especially staffs always keep area clean. Whatever I asked, they always smile and help me. I like the view which from the rooftop. Planet Traveler offers really good service, I highly recommend everybody to live in there while you are traveling in Toronto. =)

Great Hostel. Definitely the best i've ever stayed in Toronto! Great location and the free breakfast was an added benefit

• 14th Dec 2013

Highly recommended!!! Probably less of a communal atmosphere than other hostels but we were travelling in winter, so less people around in general. Super clean, super comfortable and staff particularly friendly. Excellent, above average facilities and their breakfast is a real breakfast! Any variety of bagel you could ask for, fruit and cereal. Amazing kitchen facilities with everything you could need to make your own food on a budget. Wicked top floor balcony that would be sweet for summer!

• 2nd Dec 2013

This is a awesome place to stay and meet people, the staff were totally friendly and super cool. love this place.

• 29th Nov 2013
  • Panama

Everything was outstanding, perfect! The breakfast was almost overwhelming, and so were the facilities in the kitchen. We had an awesome stay! If there would be one thing that I could 'criticize' it would be the description of the location. Not acquainted with the city, I read 'Our location in the heart of downtown Toronto' I thought that was quite misleading, although the Kensington Market is close .. true, but I consider the Younge-Dundas square as downtown, but that is open to debate ..

• 29th Nov 2013

Planet Traveler is an excellent hostel. It's just a short street car ride to the city center or 20 minute walk. Right next to Kensington Market and near a lot of good restaurants. The hostel was clean, the staff were friendly and helpful, they have a badass rooftop, and the free breakfast until 1pm was amazing! Definitely recommend this to anyone planning a trip to Toronto!

Great place, well located, very clean and secure and very friendly and helpful staff. Also, free breakfast :)

It was the best hostel i have ever been. It was very cleaned and there is private bathroom each room. And very nice lounge

I really like Planet Traveler! This was actually my 3rd time here! It's in a great location, a good 20min walk from the eaten centre but the area it is in is great, the staff were really helpful and the free BBQ on Saturdays is great. But the best part was breakfast till 1pm, with so many options. The only downfall (if any) was the fact that there are a lot of long term people staying there and from my experience I feel a few people made the dorms like their own rooms. But overall it was great!

Definetely didn't like the reception closing at 12.

A modern hostel for fair accommodation. Breakfast is different brands of bread and corn flakes. Some rooms located on 3rd floor and only accessible by stair. Clean kitchen with a variety of equipment. Walkable range from tram station.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. I arrived much earlier than my check in time (7am) and they did their best to get me in to a private room early.

It's a lovely place to stay in downtown Toronto. It's so close to everything, you could just walk to wherever you want to go. great location! It will be better if they can work on the wifi, because it had no reception at all in the room, also, it often stopped even though you were in the common room or the roof.

• 28th Oct 2013
  • China

It is a good hostel, nice location but not so good as HI Hostel. The staff is really good but for having fun or meeting people is not so good as they don't sell beer and unfortunately this helps. The roof is outstanding, with a perfect view of the city, is the bar there as working it would be a must. The room as too small and I didn't have where put my things! A elevator is missing also.