Planet Traveler Reviews

357 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

Clean, friendly hostel in great location for Toronto. Stayed in private room with shared bathroom which was clean although walls very thin and could be a little noisy. Nice breakfast in am and lovely rooftop patio.

• 25th Aug 2015

Needed individual lights for each bed. I also felt they needed paper towels available to wipe hands on. Told they used to, but people left the paper hanging around; however often they change the T-towels, it really isn't hygienic to dry hands on T-towels then dry the china and cutlery with the same towel. That aside, the place was the nicest, cleanest hostel I've been to in a long while and it was a nice surprise to find that breakfast was included. Extremely helpful staff.

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. There is a legitimate reason why they are ranked as the best hostel in Toronto!

Very small rooms but otherwise everything is great! You won't be disappointed!

One word: amazing!!! Really everything

• 20th Aug 2015
  • jenniealberti6354

I loved my stay here. The hostel had nightly scheduled events which helped ease the process of making friends. The view from the rooftop is just amazing.

Clean hostel. Nice and helpful staff. Amazing view of the roof terrace. Only issue: The Air condition is quite noisy, and the adjusted temperature is too low.

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. Attentive and friendly staff, free breakfast, awesome roof patio, clean rooms - pretty much perfect.

Weather was 32 degrees, really hot!! Especially the midday sun, unbearable hot!! You can't do sight seeing for all day, had to go back to the hostel to rest, took a shower. Staff came in start to do vacuum and clean the bathroom at 5:30pm without knocking at the door. Everywhere staff knock at the door before come in, but in here! What about if I was naked after shower? Bedsheeet has changed when someone check out, but cleaning done at 5:30pm

The breakfast is kind of poor but is ok. The staff was really helpful and everything works very well. The rooms sadly are too small for share in 5 persons, and in occasions that's make the rooms very uncomfortable.

Achei o ambiente otimo, exelente staff, boa localizacao! A unica reclamacao é o barulho das camas, elas fazem muito barulho a noite. Mas de resto exelente!

• 13th Aug 2015

This hostel is great ! The staff is very kind and helpful. The location is also very good and convenient. Everything is kept clean and pleasant. They provide a very nice breakfast and BBQ on the terrace which is awesome !

Genuinely one of the best hostels I have ever visited! Above all this was down to the friendly, approachable nature of the staff and the fact that events were planned in the evening so you were never in short supply of other travellers to talk to. I also felt very secure and safe in the hostel and little things like the free breakfast and free towel made all the difference. The location was such that I found it easy to walk anywhere within the city centre.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Wow, just wow easily one of the best hostels i've ever stayed at. Lots of clean washrooms, very friendly and helpful staff, modern rooms and on top of that the amazing rooftop bar where people would hang out every evening to enjoy some beers or watch a movie. Overall highly recommended!

Great location great facilities very clean and value for money staff are good too

• 10th Aug 2015

Really nice hostel you ran. Clean, nice staffs and bbq (to make new friends). Thanks a lot.

A good location but very cramped for space and one toilet and bathroom for six persons is a challenge.

• 8th Aug 2015

The hostel is gorgeous! The atmosphere was great. The room where I stayed wasa bit dirty. The walls were pretty dirty. Overall good though.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Puerto Rico

Planet Traveler is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! The staff were very friendly and helpful, it felt very homely. The rooftop was one of my favourite places, but the whole hostel was very clean and well equipped for travellers. I will definitely stay there again when I'm back in Toronto.

Me, my sister and our friend just finished our four night stay at this hostel and we can all say with straight faces that this is our favourite place to stay, hotels and all, in the world. Far enough we've only been round a bit of Europe and the US but for how much our stay cost we were seriously blown away with how modern and seamless the hostel was and how welcoming and thoughtful the staff were. The whole place seemed designed to bring people together and that's exactly what it did.

• 4th Aug 2015