Planeta Lindo Reviews

Almirante Montt 677, Cerro Alegre, Valparaiso, Chile

Absolutly amazing place. Katrin and Vladimir are so wonderful! The roof top terrace may have the best view of the city. It is also on a quiet street which is really nice to get away from the noise. Lots of cute cafes close and the hostel kitchen is great. Also great showers! Only thing I did not like was the hostel volunteer. He is totally crazy from ptsd from the U.S. Army.He will spend all day talking over guests about his conspiracy theories and will not stop. I don't know why they hired him

Nice big kitchen/eating area and big terrace with incredible views. Very social and fun.

• 28th Feb 2015

Chose this hotel if you want to party: the STAFF was the loudest party drinkers in the neighborhood; and including the chirping wooden that was a nice symphony (tried to get some rest from 1 am). Staff totally do not know who lives where - found the occupied bet after 3 hrs walk. Relax dude! (And I was. I was more tired than frustrated). And the next morning after 20 mins trying to find anybody at the desk and pay - they lost my reservation and did't know how much I ow. +towels aren't provided

We apologize for any inconveniences you experience at our Hostel. These comments, however, in the Staff's opinion, are unfair to Planeta Lindo. The day of your stay a large group of guests arrived together. They changed beds without informing us and partied late into the night. The staff was not with them and are "not the loudest party drinkers in the neighborhood." Again we apologize, but we do not find it fair to be labeled a party hostel especially given that your stay was only one night.

I haven't felt like in a hostel, more like in a friends house who invited me for a sleepover over the weekend. Amazing view and location, tough to get there just walking, but worth every step. Just bathrooms and kitchen could have been cleaned more often, gets a little messy during the day. But still, highly recommended for backpackers!

The beds were comfortable, the lockers were nice and large, the roof deck was absolutely gorgeous, and the free laundry was pretty unbeatable. If you don't mind the exercise (the hostel is at the top of a very steep hill), the location on Cerro Alegre is also great and is walking distance from beautiful views, restaurants, and bars. My only complaints are that I found the staff to be highly unprofessional, and the common areas were pretty dirty.

The location is great and the beds are very comfortable but I wouldn't recommend this place if you are a girl/woman travelling alone. View from terrace is beautiful and you can use washing machine for free but the kitchen is not clean. Good wifi.

Hello Elizabeth, thanks for your feedback! We greately appreciate feed back from all our customers. In the interest of improving our service we were hoping to ask you some follow up questions. We are just curious, primarily, in why you wouldn´t not recommend our hostel for a female traveling alone? Is there something in perticular that made you uncomfortable? Any recomendations on what we can do improve our service in such regards?

This hostel deserves a great rating for its excellent staff, availability of Netflix in the main living area, and exceptional rooftop view. On the other hand, around the time of our stay (Nov 2014), the bathroom wasn't quite as clean as other hostels we stayed at. Everything else about the place makes the average cleanliness seem like a minor complaint though.

This is not a "boutique" hostel that will organize lame pub crawls and karaoke nights etc... what you will find is a super chill vibe and many people, both Chileans and long term travelers or expats working here who are passionate about Valparaiso and traveling. Definitely a nice group atmosphere, I got to hang out with almost everyone staying here. The owner is super relaxed and genuinely wants everyone to leave having had a great travel experience. Definitely a hippie feel--I had a great time!