Play Hostel Buenos Aires

8.5
Fabulous 157 Total Reviews

22nd Feb 2017
6.9

Place is a sweat house in summer not the hostels fault for the weather but no place to chill and beat the heat. Good location though but every where in palermo is good. Prolly could have done better basic hostel no biggy

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
19th Feb 2017

Fantastic location and the staff were also great. Only negative is that there is no air con in the rooms and it gets a tad hot during the night. Also, the bunks are a bit shaky. But overall it's really good value and I'd definitely stay again

• Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
10th Feb 2017
7.1

There were staff and locals living in our dorm, the smell of the room was barely tolerable. Kitchen is alright at best. Bathrooms are clean enough. Really weird rules--common area upstairs closes at 7, alcohol stops being served at 10. Breakfast is pretty good if you don't go too late.

• England, Female, 25-30
8th Feb 2017
8.0

The staff at Play Hostel were amazing, they spoke great English and were happy to help in any way they could. Breakfast was lovely to with; cereal, cakes, bread & fruit. Tea of all kinds were also available. The only draw backs were the cleanliness of the showers and hygiene of the sheets (the blankets were just sprayed by the cleaners after someone left). They have an amazing terrace and upstairs area however there are no comfy seats or loungers for people to sit and socialise .

• travellingrace
  • England, Female, 25-30
2nd Feb 2017

Absolutely loved this hostel, my favourite I stayed in in Argentina. I moved from San Telmo to experience the night life in Palermo and so glad I did. There was an incredible atmosphere with lots of socialising but with people actually from south america which was great. Not quite enough bathrooms so sometimes had to wait to shower but never too long. Breakfast is good with fruit on offer as well as toast, cereal etc. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• England, Female, 18-24
20th Jan 2017
5.7

The punk room is unbearable! Had to get up through the night to have cold showers! The staff missold us the bar crawl and we're disorganised not keeping check of what we had / had not paid! Location was great!

11th Jan 2017
6.0

I booked this hostel because it is only a couple of blocks away from the Palermo shopping. One of the guys who works at the front desk was kind of rude to me when I first checked in because I did not have cash on me to pay upfront and I had to go get some from an ATM. Some of the staff is kind of creepy to women and not a very social hostel. It's okay if you want a quiet place to stay and it was quite clean, but other than that I wouldn't come back.

4th Jan 2017

I met so many great people at this hostel. It's one of my favorites I've stayed at. I ended up extending my stay here 3 times and staying for 2 weeks. Wicked chill vibe, cool people. Totally recommend. Only bad thing was no air conditioning and some of the rooms get hot

4th Jan 2017

No complaints nice breakfast too

7.1

This is a very average hostel - little to no atmosphere, no a/c (worse sleep ever because it was summer and the rooms were hotter than outside), basic breakfast (only bread and cereal) and rooms were never cleaned. Good location in Palermo, the best neighborhood in BA! Would not return, especially in the summer, because of how hot and miserable the rooms were.