Playa del Ritmo Reviews

Pozos Colorados, in front of Sierra Laguna, Santa Marta, Colombia

Far from the city center (20min by taxi/bus), but an excellent place to chill out, right in front of the beach.

Really enjoyed the stay!

The location is the best any hostel could have. Having breakfast in front of the beach, or watching the sunset are just priceless. I would still suggest better mattresses, they are very soft and thin, after my first night I woke up with a sore back because I could feel the wood. I would also suggest more showers, considering that 1 wasn't working so that left us with just 1 shower to use, which wasn't very nice either..too rustic. Otherwise the food was pretty good and the staff very nice.

This hostel is definitely out of town (bus ride will get you to Santa Marta for $0.75) on one of the better beaches in the area. It's restaurant is good and presents a great atmosphere for cooling off during the hot days or relaxing over drinks at night. The staff is amazingly helpful and friendly. Soo nice. The beds are basic and the showers nice. Laundry access is also really helpful. After staying at 4 different locations in the area this is my most favorite spot in Santa Marta.

I think it was the best hostel I have been on this trip! its like a small paradies, just at the beach! The staff is very friendly. Its easy to go into the city center, there are many busses.

Playa del Ritmo is a fantastic hostel, you are literally in the sea within a minute from your bed. We initially booked for 2 nights but ended up staying 5! If you're into lazy days, watching subsets, tanning and hearing the ocean waves at night this place would be perfect for you! A supermarket is only 5 min bus ride away, so stock up on your food (and insect repellent) and enjoy your stay. The staff are very friendly and helped me ring my previous hostel aka they really care about their guests!

The beach is located 5 meters from the hostal away and almost empty of people. With the bus you get to Santa Marta in 15 minutes. The rooms are very big. The staff is veeeeery friendly and helpful almost like a family. A Kiosk belongs to the hostal where you can eat very good, only a bit expansive. But a supermarket is very near to.