Plaza Catalunya Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Plaza Catalunya Diputació, 251, Barcelona, Spain

Although the bathroom is old and tucked, but the atomsphere and the location is awesome If I ever back to Barcelona, I definitely will come back

Everything was the perfect.. you can even go to meet Niklas and Pierre..

• 10th Dec 2015
  • Turkey

It was great hostel. I spend good time there and cheerful worker hosted me well. They were very nice people. And their service is good . Thanks for everything .if I come Barcelona, I go to this hostel again .

• 10th Dec 2015
  • Turkey

AMAZING HOSTEL AMAZING STAFF. Very close to Plaza Catalunya and amazing stores. I really enjoyed my time here and will definitely be back. Very relaxed vibe and fun staff. Felt like I was home with a bunch of sibling around who really got along.

The best hostel ever! Great location, amazing staff, nice rooms. I loved it so much. Especially the staff. :D I have never stayed in a hostel before and I don't regret that I experienced hostel life. My one week of vacation in Barcelona was like a long big day because of you guys. You are sooo amazing. Keep up an excellent work! I will definitely come back again. P.S. the guests who are complaining are not right. Don't be shy and boring and have fun!

• 17th Nov 2015
  • JaneLane97
  • Azerbaijan

Thank you for leaving your review. The coordinator is really happy of having guests like you that appreciate our commitment to the hostel and to the guests, so we all can share a nice experience together. Best Regards from Barcelona Plaza Catalunya Hostel Team

At first, I was not sure this Hostel was suitable for me. Soon after though, I quickly adapted to the atmosphere, they were all very nice! The kitchen was great, we all ate together in the main room and shared food. It quickly became much better than my first impression, I'll return for sure! My boys also loved spending time here as a family! This was recommended to me from a past exchange student I've worked with and now one of my own favorite Hostels!

• 11th Nov 2015

Thank you for leaving your review. We are really happy to hear that you had such a good experience in our hostel, and that we are now part of your favourite hostels. This makes us feel that we are on the good way! Best Regards from Barcelona. Plaza Catalunya Hostel Team

Really dirty, the management of the hostel doesn't seem professional at all. Location is ok, beds are comfortable.

• 31st Oct 2015
  • Mexico

We are happy to know that you enjoyed location and beds and we also think that we can't be beaten on location. On the other hand, it is absolutely surprising that for a stay of just one night - even or especially in Halloween you didn't enjoy the good atmosphere of the hostel when all guests were happy just because you were complaining about about paying city tax that is something normal in all hostels in Barcelona. Plaza Catalunya Hostel Team

Staff was really friendly, however the bathrooms were extremely gross. It's in a great location, very close to restaurants and within walking distance to major attractions.

• 4th Oct 2015

All the staff at Plaza Catalunya Hostel endeavoured to make my stay in Barcelona a positive one. They were really helpful at recommending places to visit and making me feel at home during my short stay. The facilities were rather simple since it is a small hostel but everything that I needed. Thanks

The facility can be poor, but please clean the men's bathroom!

All bathrooms are cleaned at least 3 times per day, but we just can't go after every single guest asking him/her to be clean when using bathrooms even when that is what we all expect. To be in a hostel doesn't mean e.g. that you can shave in the shower. There are few guests that don't take care of the bathrooms, so you can't blame the hostel for what other guests do. To keep the place clean is a common task and guests should cooperate in keeping the place clean and behaving properly. Thank you

Nice people in the rereception. you get tips about the city as you check in. Good kitchen. Good showers. Bad thing was they didn't have lockers and the beds were making a little noise.

Stuff were all very nice to us. The bathrooms are quite nice, I didn't use the kitchen. It's very well located. Only problem was the main Avenue next to the windows, which can be quite noisy.

The rooms are clean and organized, but they have a few bathrooms, so this is not so clean because of the use frequency. The staff are friendly and can give you precious tips (places to eat, visit, transport, etc). The hostel is located close to the airport and is easy of acess. We opted to do all the things by foot and it was easy. There is no place to leave the luggage, but they improvised a place.

All staff were very friendly. Relaxing atmosphere. Perfect for a short stay.

Thank you for leaving a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in the private ensuite and all the hostel's atmosphere as well. We are glad that you appreciated our location, because we are really central located and you also rated other categories very high. Art City Hostel Team

The bathrooms were dirty so everytime I was having a shower I took off my glasses and then it was okay. Though I would recommand it - it was a great place with the friendliest staff. There was no need to use the metro at all.

Thank you for leaving a review. About the bathrooms and showers we will never get tired of insisting that keeping the showers clean should a common task of all guests ,because we ask all guests not to throw water outside the shower, not to leave their stuff inside, etc. Anyway we are glad to hear that you appreciate the atmosphere and the staff there. Thank you. Art City Hostel Team

I only stayed here for one night as it was in transit and a very convenient location ( right in the centre of it all ) The staff were unprofessional. The hostel was really dirty, the one shower they had for females was clogged and there was constantly no toilet paper. The bathroom and kitchen were really unclean. No proper cleaning done in the rooms.The dorm i stayed in was used for the staff and other people staying there to come and go through just to smoke outside our window.