Plaza Catalunya Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Plaza Catalunya Diputació, 251, Barcelona, Spain

Very central position, low price and nice people made this a great experience. I would have liked keys for the room (you cannot close the dorm door) and a second fully working bathroom (the hostel was full and one bathroom had no light but i guess they'll fix it soon). Recommended.

Nice hostel. Great location.

Not a good hostel, broken sink and broken shower, was going to check out at 6am and the personell said it would be no problem, but they didnt show up and they had my passport so I missed the train and lost 35 euro to which i got an "sorry but it wasnt my responsibility"

Dear guest, there has been obviously a misunderstanding because we normally don`t have someone avalaible that stays awaken just to give a passport for you at 6.00 am. Check outs that need to be done so early in the morning are normally arranged to be done in the night. We are going to investigate who told you that. Anyway this is clearly why you lose completely your perspective of our nice hostel and rate us so low with 1. It`s not right as all our guest know. Art City Hostel Staff

I stayed 6 days in total to attend a conference in the city. The hostel was ok for that purpose. Please remove the mushrooms growing in the bathroom and answer emails quicker.

We were severely disappointed with this hostel, it was truly disgusting. There were mushrooms growing in the bathroom, the rooms were excruciatingly hot, the internet was almost non-existent and the reception area was more of a lounge room, where you might see someone working (if you're lucky). The staff tried to be friendly, but could not make up for the lack of cleanliness and other Flaws. Would not come again.

First of all - they don't read an emails at all. I was rebooked from another hostel cuz they had problems with their booking system. I confirmed my reservation and then week later it just disappeared. I spend there one night - worst hosting experience ever. I was greeted by screaming girl, she wasn't even staing in the hostel. Then scream turned into a cry. After she broke the window receptionist from hostel below came asking what is going on. 'My' receptionist replied: "don't know". It was 1am

it is an apartment in the very center of the city . is possible to make a tour by walk easily. just used the metro to go to camp nou. the bedroom was not smelling so good, but It was really full at the time. the showers were flooding but it was ok to take a shower. the toilets were clean :D. no breakfast, but there is a bakery very close. the staff was awesome with the informations on our arrival.

Only two out o three showers working, poor hygein, needs maintenance

• 21st May 2014

The staff is nice, and the location is good. Although there is only 2 showers, I am very lucky that is always available when I need it.

Only 2 bathrooms for all people, so you might have to wait for a while in the morning. But the location and the kichen is good! The room is pretty good too.

Very nice place with nice and friendly staff. Great location and reasonable price. The only disadvantage is that toilets are not separated from the bathrooms, so one has to wait a long time for it. And it would be nice if the hostel provided towels which is usual in other hostels.

• 8th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Very clean and friendly place! Really nice and friendly staff that spoke English. Awesome location, was really easy to find and near all the major attractions! Only thing is that there's no key to lock the rooms though it's overall very safe since the main entrance is only accessible to residents

No 24 hour reception... staff member seemed to duck out when we were leaving so that we were unable to get our deposit back (there is a 20 euro deposit for the room key). They seemed quite disorganized and didn't originally give us the right key to our room.

The location of the hostel is great, nearby you can find everything you need. Is really close to Plaça de la Universitat. I can just complain about the showers (Flooding!!) and the security of the room I've stayed (twin private) was poor. The staff is nice, he showed many things to do in Barcelona, and tips for restaurants and tapas.. which we followed and did not regret.. it was delicious!

Rather a small Hostel close to the Rambla, but there is everything you need, it's possible that you have to wait a bit for your shower in the morning cause there are just 3 in total - one for the women, one for men and one for all. You can't lock your room but there is the option to put ur valuables in small lockers in the room. Staff is nice and super helpful if you need anything or want to know something about the city!!!

I was quite impressed with the hostel, especially considering the cheap price of my stay! I stayed in the 4 bedroom private room with 3 other friends. It felt quite secure and the bathroom and kitchen were ideal for the price. I should probably mention as well that there were 2 double beds- which was fine for us as we were all friends. The location was also very central. The owner was also very nice and very willing at the beginning to tell us about the tourist spots.

• 30th Mar 2014

...Only 4 cups for all gast :)

The room we were in itself was great, but everything else was average. The collateral for the room key was very expensive, and the bathroom was not very pleasant. Also, they do /not/ have 24-hr reception, which was a problem for us twice.

Missing lockers on the rooms. In the room I stayed, it was possible to turn on the room's lights outside the dorm. So, often in the night someone turns the lights on (accidentally, I presume) while you are sleeping. Some curtains in the rooms are welcome, also. There is some improvisation in the little bathroom, and they aren't that clean. Besides that, the localization is awesome, very easy to take long walks to Barcelona's main points.

Pros: easy to meet people and has a house sharing feel more than a hostel. Great location, lots of windows in rooms for fresh air. Cons: Kitchen was full of unwashed dishes and very small. Common area/ reception is small room is full even when you want to chill out. only 3 showers for the whole hostel. friendly staff but not so informed about the city.