Plaza Catalunya Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Plaza Catalunya Diputació, 251, Barcelona, Spain

I stayed there just for 1 night because I missed my flight, but it was so much better than my stay in another hostel in Barcelona few days before. It's actually an apartment/hostel, and it's pretty cool. The staff is very kind and helpful, the beds are confortable, the bedroom is very large with a big window. I recommend staying there.

good location in the city , good staf , it's clean enough, but too many people for only 3 bathrooms and no lockers for luggage

This is a nice, clean hostel in a very central location. The guy running it at the moment (Ben) is a great host and will show you his favorite spots on the map to help you get oriented to the city. Wifi works great too.

We had a really great time there! Thank you for the lovely atmosphere!

Lockers for 1 euro are quite small (place for a laptop or small backpack only) Staffs are the best thing on that place! Unfortunally they all quite the job while I was there (it might say something about the owner or the management of the place), and I didnt meet the new staffs to say about them Place is nice enough for the price (I was paying 9 euros/night), but I didnt find it so clean Location is good, very near placa catalunya and max 30min walk to other sides of the center

Dear Vivian, thank you for leaving a review. The previous staff was very sociable and really helped a lot to deal with all guests. However we want to get the best rating and this means to improve every aspect that can be improved. We hope that you will also enjoy the new staff the next time that you come to Barcelona. Kind Regards.

Plaza Catalunya Hostel would be just an ordinary hostel if it were not for it's staff who create a great ambiance in the hostel. Luca, Harriet and Marcus bring the spirit of hostelling to the place with their smiles, laughter, music, sharing of good conversations, food and wine! I stayed longer than expected mainly because of their great hospitality. If you are looking for a meaningful hostelling experience, this is the hostel for you! To the owners: I would recommend investing in glasses. Amagi

Staff were friendly and welcoming, and gave good advice on some more local places to try great tapas in the city.

The main owner of this hostel isn't around much, however the young staff who were there were lovely. They could speak English perfectly and were very accomodating. The hostel had a great atmosphere and a really nice fully equipted kitchen and living room. Two very nice bathrooms too and very close to the city centre!

Plaza Catalunya Hostel Barcelona was excellent! Great location, very close to Rambla de Catalunya. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful! Hostel is very clean.

Best location in Barcelona.staff is very helpful soso good thank you guys!!!!

Amazing! The hostel is perfect. As good as barcelona. Friendly staff (so helpful and always trying their best!!!), well located, clean, confortable and has the perfect atmosphere to enjoy barcelona. Totally Recomended i will come back. Thank you for everything, couldnt enjoy more!

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Uruguay

Feels like going back home with brothers and sisters! Staffs are very nice, as well as other guys staying there. There's kitchen and common room, a fun place to meet and talk to new friends. The hostel's location is very good, only few minutes walk to main attractions (the casas) , main shopping street, city center (La Ramblas) and metro line. Basic facility, moderate cleanliness. Highly recommended youngster/budget travelers.

For me it was a nightmare, a filthy place. Maybe because I am old and not a party girl. Not to mention we was tired as well. The moment we left this place, we feel so much more alive. If you are introverted, looking for a place to rest after a tired day or wanting to spend your time alone. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOSTEL!! However, if you are looking for a one night stand, partying, meeting young girls and love being wasted. This is definitely your place. Booked 2 nights, stayed 1, can't get refund

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Wales

Hello,we are sorry for this.No reservation was made at your arrival and we accomodate you the best way we could,with one of our best private rooms.Regardind your rating on staff no other reviews reflected this,but the opposite.Furthernore other reviews confirm that this is not a filthy place but a place where you can have nice shower and a quite sleep.Due to our location,during weekends,we attract mostly young people.Regards your refund customers arent able to get a refund if cancel the same day

Hands down, FAVORITE hostel in all of Europe. Words can't express how much I love this place.The staff here definitely are what make this place so special. Peter is always down for a party,Gianluca is a most gracious host who keeps the place running and can handle any/every request with a friendly smile on his face. Harriet is my favorite PERSON I met on this trip,she loves to make the guests feel comfortable and at home. This hostel is great for meeting other travelers and making great friends.

• 28th Jan 2015

the best hostel in my life!!!a special staff!!!Gianluca will answer 'every wish and always with a sincere smile!!

• 26th Jan 2015

I have undoubtedly had one of my most memorable times in this hostel. I came here thinking this would just be a safe house for a little while before moving into a flat. Two days turned inte two weeks, and now, two months later I am saying goodbye to my fellow staff members, life-enjoyers and beautiful soul siblings Gianluca and Harriet. Thank you both for showing me the kind of love, warmth and hospitality I live to practice, and which I wish to give my future guests and couch surfers. YOLO