Plaza Catalunya Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Plaza Catalunya Diputació, 251, Barcelona, Spain

The bathrooms were dirty so everytime I was having a shower I took off my glasses and then it was okay. Though I would recommand it - it was a great place with the friendliest staff. There was no need to use the metro at all.

Thank you for leaving a review. About the bathrooms and showers we will never get tired of insisting that keeping the showers clean should a common task of all guests ,because we ask all guests not to throw water outside the shower, not to leave their stuff inside, etc. Anyway we are glad to hear that you appreciate the atmosphere and the staff there. Thank you. Art City Hostel Team

I only stayed here for one night as it was in transit and a very convenient location ( right in the centre of it all ) The staff were unprofessional. The hostel was really dirty, the one shower they had for females was clogged and there was constantly no toilet paper. The bathroom and kitchen were really unclean. No proper cleaning done in the rooms.The dorm i stayed in was used for the staff and other people staying there to come and go through just to smoke outside our window.

Everything was really nice except for the cleanliness of the place, both of the showers were clogged and it was disgusting to take a shower, I stayed there for 4 nights and they only mopped the floor and changed trash bins and stuff, but never fixed that problem. But it's a really nice hostel and the location is perfect.

The people who works there were very nice. The location is perfect, 5min walking from the P. de Gracia. I enjoyed it!

• 26th Jul 2015

I think it could be better to make your hostel cleaner.

Terrible hostel,don't stay here. 3 laptops had been stolen from the room when we arrived,unsurprising as most of the lockers had no keys. The whole place was filthy,a poo blocking one loo and dirty feet getting in bed by the time we made it back from the blocked and filthy shower. Aircon was broken,room was boiling. One fan was provided for the 12 people in the room. To top of the stay,some American college students went out and one came back and vomited all over the floor at 4am. Worst night.

We think that an amount of different circumstances made your stay unfortunate and we are sorry for that. It seems that you also had personal problems with other guests. However we try to make sure that the place is safe and that all guests behave in a polit way. But some facts don't depend on us. We will work hard to improve what we can. Thank you

First of all the hostel location was great. Centrally located which was nice with lots of access to restaurants nearby. However that being said. The staff was nice but unprofessional. We heard a good amount of cursing, walking around without a shirt on etc. The hostel itself gives off a very bachelor pad feel...it's not well maintained and no other way to say it it's dirty. Absolutely no AC and only about 2 fans for the whole place. We did see one cockroach. Personally I wouldn't stay again.

very expensive....not very clean... but helpful staff amazing location!

If I knew upfront what I'd get, I would book another hostel. 1. There was no air conditioning. 2. I booked a private room with 2 twin beds and got one double bed instead, so my friend and I had to sleep together. 3. We were only given one set of keys. 4. The elevator malfunctioned all the time, and, after an exhausting day full of walking, I often had to climb to the 4th floor with the bags of groceries I had made the mistake to buy on my way back. 5. The room was not cleaned even once.

The hostel is cramped, hot, and sometimes smelly, with quite poor bathrooms. I might have been able to forgive all that if not for the outrageously lax security. With the locks to the building and to the hostel both easily bypassed, with there frequently being no staff in the lobby, with no security cameras anywhere to be found, and with only 6 working lockers (1 large + 5 small) for a 14-bed room, the hostel must have been a dream came true for the thief who stole my laptop and two others.

There is no frontdesk and they don't iron the bed sheets. Because of that my bed looked like it had a crocodile sleeping there, and I gave up staying at this hostel. They did not refund me and it costed me $20 euros for giving them a chance. Those guys have wasted the best asset which is location and offered a very poor hostel - in my opinion. The place looks more as a student shared condo.

• 15th Jul 2015

I have ever seen dirtiest hostel.Rooms,toilets,kitchen were so unclean.But staff is really helpful and understanding.Also location is perfect

Not as busy as we thought it might be, but still a decent enough stay in ddle of Barcelona .

Wow. The staff working there were extremely nice and helpful and accommodating and I can't say enough good things about all the guys working there. However, the accommodations were cramped, air conditioning wasn't working, bathrooms were not clean, die to very old and worn facilities. I hesitate to leave such a bad review, because the staff was so excellent, but hopefully this feedback reaches the owner, so he knows it's time to update his property. Great location and staff. Terrible place

This hostel was fine for one nights stay however I got hardly any sleep because of the heat. Really needs air conditioning for the summer!! One fan in a 12 bed dorm just doesn't cut it. Nice staff however and the location was good too.

Probably the best thing about this place was the location and the friendliness of Ben the host. Facilities were nice, just wish there were a few more bathrooms as you had to get in quick or else you would be stuck waiting.

I booked this hostel based on the pictures that I saw. The bunk beds were spaced apart it looked as if it had nice floors and good space but when we got there it looked nothing like the pictures! The showers don't drain so you are standing in other peoples filth and you are always waiting for the bathroom, even though on the website is says you never have to wait. It's more like flat living than a hostel. No AC and one fan for 14 people! Good location and Ben, the manager is awesome!

I stayed there just for 1 night because I missed my flight, but it was so much better than my stay in another hostel in Barcelona few days before. It's actually an apartment/hostel, and it's pretty cool. The staff is very kind and helpful, the beds are confortable, the bedroom is very large with a big window. I recommend staying there.

good location in the city , good staf , it's clean enough, but too many people for only 3 bathrooms and no lockers for luggage

This is a nice, clean hostel in a very central location. The guy running it at the moment (Ben) is a great host and will show you his favorite spots on the map to help you get oriented to the city. Wifi works great too.