Plaza Catalunya Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Plaza Catalunya Diputació, 251, Barcelona, Spain

This is a party hostel. The staff were smoking (not tobacco) when we arrived and the party went on until 1 am or so. If you like partying this might be for you, but if you like to sleep you should probably book someplace else. Very good price and location.

there were no lockers ,the reception and lounge was the same place (small entrance of the flat)

Cosy little hostel. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff. Stayed in 12 bed dorm. Had only booked one night online in case I didn't like the hostel but decided to stay. Was a little disappointed to find out that the price rises each night until I was paying 10 euros more than on my initial night. I was also without a locker for the first two nights as they were having problems with the key. Still, I really enjoyed staying here but would recommend paying in advance so you know what you're paying

• 18th Aug 2014

On arrival we were told we would have to share a bed, even though we had reserved 2 beds. There were 4/5 people still turning up expecting a bed who had made no reservation and getting their own beds! 4 other English lads also had the same issue, the staff was awful, Sean was laughing at the fact we had to share and he didn't really see it as a problem which suggests it's normal for this hostel! Wouldn't stay here again.

• 16th Aug 2014

One of the worth hostel I ever been... very small, bad matress, people were smoking on the little balcony in the room. The only raison I've been there is because it's was full eveywhere

Obviously you didn`t share the good atmosphere from Plaza Catalunya, as it`s a small hostel for those who like to stay with other young people...Probably you were looking for other kind of hostel, a huge one, where you aren`t close to other people and don`t need to talk with anyone. About s.o. smoking in the balcony: we are not policemen and it`s sth that you easily could have avoided just by talking to that person and asking him/her to go downstairs to smoke. But for that you need to talk first

The facilities of this hostel would be better if the staff paid more atention. The bathrooms were full of empty shampoo bottles and in one shower there were disposable shaving razors just lying on the floor! The staff doesn't seem professional or preoccupied with avoiding these situations. But, overall the facilities were good, there was no climatization in our room so it got uncomfortable. There was one toilet wich was on a cubicle that was too small for anyone.

They are all really helpful and nice guys. 10/10 would come again

Very central position, low price and nice people made this a great experience. I would have liked keys for the room (you cannot close the dorm door) and a second fully working bathroom (the hostel was full and one bathroom had no light but i guess they'll fix it soon). Recommended.

Nice hostel. Great location.

Not a good hostel, broken sink and broken shower, was going to check out at 6am and the personell said it would be no problem, but they didnt show up and they had my passport so I missed the train and lost 35 euro to which i got an "sorry but it wasnt my responsibility"

Dear guest, there has been obviously a misunderstanding because we normally don`t have someone avalaible that stays awaken just to give a passport for you at 6.00 am. Check outs that need to be done so early in the morning are normally arranged to be done in the night. We are going to investigate who told you that. Anyway this is clearly why you lose completely your perspective of our nice hostel and rate us so low with 1. It`s not right as all our guest know. Art City Hostel Staff

I stayed 6 days in total to attend a conference in the city. The hostel was ok for that purpose. Please remove the mushrooms growing in the bathroom and answer emails quicker.

We were severely disappointed with this hostel, it was truly disgusting. There were mushrooms growing in the bathroom, the rooms were excruciatingly hot, the internet was almost non-existent and the reception area was more of a lounge room, where you might see someone working (if you're lucky). The staff tried to be friendly, but could not make up for the lack of cleanliness and other Flaws. Would not come again.

First of all - they don't read an emails at all. I was rebooked from another hostel cuz they had problems with their booking system. I confirmed my reservation and then week later it just disappeared. I spend there one night - worst hosting experience ever. I was greeted by screaming girl, she wasn't even staing in the hostel. Then scream turned into a cry. After she broke the window receptionist from hostel below came asking what is going on. 'My' receptionist replied: "don't know". It was 1am

it is an apartment in the very center of the city . is possible to make a tour by walk easily. just used the metro to go to camp nou. the bedroom was not smelling so good, but It was really full at the time. the showers were flooding but it was ok to take a shower. the toilets were clean :D. no breakfast, but there is a bakery very close. the staff was awesome with the informations on our arrival.

Only two out o three showers working, poor hygein, needs maintenance

• 21st May 2014

The staff is nice, and the location is good. Although there is only 2 showers, I am very lucky that is always available when I need it.

Only 2 bathrooms for all people, so you might have to wait for a while in the morning. But the location and the kichen is good! The room is pretty good too.

Very nice place with nice and friendly staff. Great location and reasonable price. The only disadvantage is that toilets are not separated from the bathrooms, so one has to wait a long time for it. And it would be nice if the hostel provided towels which is usual in other hostels.

• 8th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Very clean and friendly place! Really nice and friendly staff that spoke English. Awesome location, was really easy to find and near all the major attractions! Only thing is that there's no key to lock the rooms though it's overall very safe since the main entrance is only accessible to residents

No 24 hour reception... staff member seemed to duck out when we were leaving so that we were unable to get our deposit back (there is a 20 euro deposit for the room key). They seemed quite disorganized and didn't originally give us the right key to our room.