Plaza Catalunya Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Plaza Catalunya Diputació, 251, Barcelona, Spain

The main owner of this hostel isn't around much, however the young staff who were there were lovely. They could speak English perfectly and were very accomodating. The hostel had a great atmosphere and a really nice fully equipted kitchen and living room. Two very nice bathrooms too and very close to the city centre!

Plaza Catalunya Hostel Barcelona was excellent! Great location, very close to Rambla de Catalunya. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful! Hostel is very clean.

• 19th Mar 2015

Best location in Barcelona.staff is very helpful soso good thank you guys!!!!

Amazing! The hostel is perfect. As good as barcelona. Friendly staff (so helpful and always trying their best!!!), well located, clean, confortable and has the perfect atmosphere to enjoy barcelona. Totally Recomended i will come back. Thank you for everything, couldnt enjoy more!

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Uruguay

Feels like going back home with brothers and sisters! Staffs are very nice, as well as other guys staying there. There's kitchen and common room, a fun place to meet and talk to new friends. The hostel's location is very good, only few minutes walk to main attractions (the casas) , main shopping street, city center (La Ramblas) and metro line. Basic facility, moderate cleanliness. Highly recommended youngster/budget travelers.

For me it was a nightmare, a filthy place. Maybe because I am old and not a party girl. Not to mention we was tired as well. The moment we left this place, we feel so much more alive. If you are introverted, looking for a place to rest after a tired day or wanting to spend your time alone. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOSTEL!! However, if you are looking for a one night stand, partying, meeting young girls and love being wasted. This is definitely your place. Booked 2 nights, stayed 1, can't get refund

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Wales

Hello,we are sorry for this.No reservation was made at your arrival and we accomodate you the best way we could,with one of our best private rooms.Regardind your rating on staff no other reviews reflected this,but the opposite.Furthernore other reviews confirm that this is not a filthy place but a place where you can have nice shower and a quite sleep.Due to our location,during weekends,we attract mostly young people.Regards your refund customers arent able to get a refund if cancel the same day

Hands down, FAVORITE hostel in all of Europe. Words can't express how much I love this place.The staff here definitely are what make this place so special. Peter is always down for a party,Gianluca is a most gracious host who keeps the place running and can handle any/every request with a friendly smile on his face. Harriet is my favorite PERSON I met on this trip,she loves to make the guests feel comfortable and at home. This hostel is great for meeting other travelers and making great friends.

• 28th Jan 2015

the best hostel in my life!!!a special staff!!!Gianluca will answer 'every wish and always with a sincere smile!!

• 26th Jan 2015

I have undoubtedly had one of my most memorable times in this hostel. I came here thinking this would just be a safe house for a little while before moving into a flat. Two days turned inte two weeks, and now, two months later I am saying goodbye to my fellow staff members, life-enjoyers and beautiful soul siblings Gianluca and Harriet. Thank you both for showing me the kind of love, warmth and hospitality I live to practice, and which I wish to give my future guests and couch surfers. YOLO

When Luca opened the door with homemade pasta waiting, we just knew... Every last thing is done to make sure guests who come to Hostel Catalunya walk into a home! And for travelers who have been on the move for a long time, it is really a gift. The strong hot showers, the great cooking facilities, cozy living room lounge and daily morning cafés were just some of the perks. Luca, Harriet +Peter(s) work an amazing balancing act & create a wonderful experience and atmosphere. See you again:) Zabia

My stay was astounding. By far, one of the best hostels in Europe! If you stay at the Living Room Plaza Catalunya, expect 5-star treatment, great facilities, excellent staff, cozy amenities like the kitchen, and the LIVING ROOM. You won't be disappointed if you book a room or bed at the Living Room Plaza Catalunya. I highly recommend a stay at this property as an expert world traveler in hostelling on 5 continents.

We just book this hostel to sleep one night after a party in Barcelone and it was good, we don't use the facilities, but looks good. Good welcome !

• 15th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I HAD A GREAT TIME! VERY CLOSE TO THE CITY CENTER. THEY MAKE YOU FEEL AT HOME AND ENJOY TIME THERE!!

• 27th Oct 2014