Plaza Catalunya Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Plaza Catalunya Diputació, 251, Barcelona, Spain

My stay was astounding. By far, one of the best hostels in Europe! If you stay at the Living Room Plaza Catalunya, expect 5-star treatment, great facilities, excellent staff, cozy amenities like the kitchen, and the LIVING ROOM. You won't be disappointed if you book a room or bed at the Living Room Plaza Catalunya. I highly recommend a stay at this property as an expert world traveler in hostelling on 5 continents.

We just book this hostel to sleep one night after a party in Barcelone and it was good, we don't use the facilities, but looks good. Good welcome !

• 15th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I HAD A GREAT TIME! VERY CLOSE TO THE CITY CENTER. THEY MAKE YOU FEEL AT HOME AND ENJOY TIME THERE!!

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Austria

Great Location. Staff is very nice. We got privat twin room. W ould be nicer as i was traveling with my boyfriend a weekend away to have either two separate twin beds or double bed. instead there were 6 beds (3 two level beds). The room was big and spacesious. It was great to have private bathroom. Overall nice place for budget travel. Was kind of stressfull to have to check out either after 11am or the day before as you feel restricted about your schedule but staff is willing to help.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Ukraine

There are only 3 bathrooms for the whole hostel, and they are not in a super state (one is extra small, another one is always flooded and last one is more or less okay, but not practical: no towels on the ground, no space for your belongings). Plus, the organization of the staff is not good at all; especially concerning payments. They asked us to pay although we already had, and were suspicious about it... It was not so bad, but definitely could have been better !

• 19th Sep 2014

This is a party hostel. The staff were smoking (not tobacco) when we arrived and the party went on until 1 am or so. If you like partying this might be for you, but if you like to sleep you should probably book someplace else. Very good price and location.

there were no lockers ,the reception and lounge was the same place (small entrance of the flat)

Cosy little hostel. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff. Stayed in 12 bed dorm. Had only booked one night online in case I didn't like the hostel but decided to stay. Was a little disappointed to find out that the price rises each night until I was paying 10 euros more than on my initial night. I was also without a locker for the first two nights as they were having problems with the key. Still, I really enjoyed staying here but would recommend paying in advance so you know what you're paying

• 18th Aug 2014

On arrival we were told we would have to share a bed, even though we had reserved 2 beds. There were 4/5 people still turning up expecting a bed who had made no reservation and getting their own beds! 4 other English lads also had the same issue, the staff was awful, Sean was laughing at the fact we had to share and he didn't really see it as a problem which suggests it's normal for this hostel! Wouldn't stay here again.

• 16th Aug 2014

One of the worth hostel I ever been... very small, bad matress, people were smoking on the little balcony in the room. The only raison I've been there is because it's was full eveywhere

Obviously you didn`t share the good atmosphere from Plaza Catalunya, as it`s a small hostel for those who like to stay with other young people...Probably you were looking for other kind of hostel, a huge one, where you aren`t close to other people and don`t need to talk with anyone. About s.o. smoking in the balcony: we are not policemen and it`s sth that you easily could have avoided just by talking to that person and asking him/her to go downstairs to smoke. But for that you need to talk first

The facilities of this hostel would be better if the staff paid more atention. The bathrooms were full of empty shampoo bottles and in one shower there were disposable shaving razors just lying on the floor! The staff doesn't seem professional or preoccupied with avoiding these situations. But, overall the facilities were good, there was no climatization in our room so it got uncomfortable. There was one toilet wich was on a cubicle that was too small for anyone.

They are all really helpful and nice guys. 10/10 would come again

Very central position, low price and nice people made this a great experience. I would have liked keys for the room (you cannot close the dorm door) and a second fully working bathroom (the hostel was full and one bathroom had no light but i guess they'll fix it soon). Recommended.

I reserved a room for 3 friends and me but like others have already mentioned they suddenly said they had made a mistake and we can no longer go there because they have double booked. But they gave us the same price for a room in the Art City hostel instead which was a nice place just 2 blocks further away from La Rambla with a friendly and cool staff, a place we liked very much.

Nice hostel. Great location.

Not a good hostel, broken sink and broken shower, was going to check out at 6am and the personell said it would be no problem, but they didnt show up and they had my passport so I missed the train and lost 35 euro to which i got an "sorry but it wasnt my responsibility"

Dear guest, there has been obviously a misunderstanding because we normally don`t have someone avalaible that stays awaken just to give a passport for you at 6.00 am. Check outs that need to be done so early in the morning are normally arranged to be done in the night. We are going to investigate who told you that. Anyway this is clearly why you lose completely your perspective of our nice hostel and rate us so low with 1. It`s not right as all our guest know. Art City Hostel Staff

I stayed 6 days in total to attend a conference in the city. The hostel was ok for that purpose. Please remove the mushrooms growing in the bathroom and answer emails quicker.