Plug-Inn Boutique Hostel Reviews

7 rue Aristide Bruant, Paris, France

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The staff were extremely helpful and the bathrooms were in the rooms which was really nice. The only thing I didn't like was the lockers weren't in the rooms. They had lockers but they were by the front desk. Other than that everything was fantastic.

Thanks for your review! We keep our lockers downstairs as to avoid any potential theft issues that may occur in the room with lockers. Downstairs they are surveyed by cameras for security. Hope to see you again in the future!

The staff is amazing and so are the rooms, and the free breakfast was delightful. Location wise, being in Montmartre was the best part of all, just a few minutes walk from the metro and a few minutes more from the Sacre Coeur. 10/10 would absolutely stay here again.

• 15th Jan 2015

We definitely appreciate your kind words about the team and are happy you got to exlpore our great location! Come see us soon!

While like most hostels in Paris, Plugin was on the pricey side but it made up for it by being close to two metro stations and positioned in a little section that made you feel as if you were a local.

The location and staff are amazing. The hostel is not the newest or the biggest but it's kept very tidy.

We pride ourselves on having the best location in Paris... and also the best housekeepers too! Hope to see you again in the future.

WIFI IS NOT FREE if you want to do anything besides check your emails (notice I didn't say Facebook, strictly emails). We stayed closest to the desk on the ground floor and the wifi still didn't work well in our room. We had our own bathroom which was cool, but it had a mild stench that never left. Also our bathroom door couldn't close and lock. The staff is cool but their hostel is not. It is in a really nice area and close to a metro. I would stay here again only if there isn't anything else

Wi-fi is most absolutely positively free, we're sorry you had complications with it. We have a great 24 hour reception how could have helped you with any issues you had with wi-fi or doors and we'd definitely love to have you back here again!

Staff rotated regularly but everyone was pleasant and helpful. Decent breakfast, LOTS of food options around in Montmartre, a district that is fun to explore. Loved staying so close to Les Deux Moulins, the cafe from Amelie, and various bakeries and restaurants. Bathroom shower curtain smelled like mildew and there were some serious dust bunnies underneath the bed. Overall decent hostel stay.

It's great you noticed some of the spots from Amelie in the area! There's a lot to do and see in Montmartre. See you again next time!

My wife and I were in a 6 bed room which was a little small. Bathroom nice and big. Not much of a common area to meet other people. In a great, safe location with lots of shops and local restaurants nearby. Metro station just down the road for access to all of Paris.

Breakfast was excellent! The location is very convenient, very near subway station and there's touristy stuff to do in the neighborhood (Montmarte, Moulin Rouge, cafes, shops, etc). The room was nice, clean, and warm.I liked the fact that the toilet was in a separate room from the shower, this makes things easier. The guy in morning wasn't the nicest person I've met, but the guy at night, Sam, I just loved him, so nice and helpful! I'd definitely recommed this place and stay here again.

Nice staff and great location, near of all main points of the city, but the common areas are very poor, but good point goes to wifi on the whole hostel, breakfast is really poor. I would recommend it

The heater is not working. The upper level of the bed doesn't have railings. I was afraid that I might fall down during sleep.

Excellent complimentary breakfast, nice facilities, friendly staff. Love that the bathroom was attached to the room and towel provided. Very good value and a wonderful central location. Would recommend to anyone looking to stay in Paris.

We're pleased you enjoyed our staff and great location. Hopefully you'll be back to see us again!

They didn't clean the appartment every day. The most people in staff was nice but have one man that he is rude. the hostel offers a lot of informations, like maps of the city and the main turistics points of Paris.

• 19th Dec 2014

I was really surprised at how well located the hostel was, right down the street from the Moulin Rouge and a little way down the hill from the Place du Tertre in Montmarte. The elevator and stairs were a little narrow and the beds were a little squeaky, but the decor fit with the atmosphere of the area, I loved it! The staff was a little hit or miss. Most of them were really friendly but in the morning there was a girl who was disinterested and abrupt, I felt like I was bothering her.

Great place to stay. Staff was friendly and breakfast is good too. You even get to enjoy a "French" style elevator. Location good and close to metro. Website provides accurate instructions for finding the place too. Plug-inn all the way!!

We're very pleased you enjoyed the hostel and our quaint elevator. We hope to see you again!

Staying in the Montmartre district is a fantastic choice - the views are stunning and it has a great vibe. The hostel was small, but comfortable and clean. Would highly suggest for families or couples traveling, not solo travelers. Common area is always empty. Free breakfast was great though, and staff very friendly and helpful!

Thanks for your review, we're pleased you enjoyed your experience at the hostel!

There's a reason this is a cheap hostel in Paris. Tiny lockers located near the reception. No security in your room. Tiny bathroom in the bedrooms. Not a very good common room for meeting people. Staff were alright but not very enthusiastic which was disappointing.

Thank you for your comments. We have chosen to put our lockers near the reception, where they are watched by cameras, which we feel provides more assurance for our clients. Our partner hotels have previously had bad experiences with lockers inside the rooms where they are not supervised.

The Hostel did not live up to the photos and description on the Plug Inn website. Run down - seen better days. I did compliment the cleaning lady on the cleanliness of the rooms. The gentleman on reception who booked us in had an attitude problem and did not live up to expectations of the level of customer service I would expect for the price. The morning receptionist was fine as was the gentleman receptionist who booked us out. The hostel is definitely NOT worth the money charged.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Scotland

We're sorry the photos did not correspond to your expectations, but they were in fact taken in the same room in which you stayed. We have also spoken to the member of staff who you are referring to about your comments. We endeavour to continually improve our service and thank you for your contribution.

Location is unbeatable, Montmarte is a beautiful part of Paris and the walk to the city centre is stunning. There is hardly any atmosphere, mainly due to the layout of the hostel but who wants to sit inside in Paris anyway? No kitchen is annoying but the breakfast provided was great. Rooms are well equipped, clean and modern despite being pretty small. Internet/wifi is unreliable.

We're happy you appreciated the location but we do in fact have a kitchen located downstairs, that you are able to use anytime. We have recently solved out wi-fi issues and now have wi-fi working in all the rooms.

A wet windy Paris in December was made much warmer by the staff at the "Plug Inn" Monmartre is a buzzing area with lots of places to eat and drink,and history everywhere.Each dorm is like a community with en suit but timing is everything,be first up,thankyou for a great stay !

We're glad the staff made you feel welcome at the hostel and are very happy your stay was an enjoyable one!

The pictures i saw on the website were not realistic. Very small room, and not very clean.