Pobi Hostel Reviews

2F, 1394-328 Jung-1dong, Haeundae-gu, Busan, South Korea

Stayed in the private room. The bedding was very old fashion and itchy. The heater didn't work the way they said. I figured it out, but froze for a hour before I did. Also the breakfast is one egg which you can fry yourself with toast (choice of butter or jam). There wasn't much and even then there was a bunch of kids there that morning. Had to wait a long time to fry my one egg due to kids not knowing how to cook. They needed another toaster too. Loved how secure it was and it was pretty quiet.

Great hostel ! Perfect location near market , beach and metro station, friendly staff and all very efficient and clean.

nice place good location i will go back if i go to basan again

I only stayed one night but I was pretty impressed.

I've stayed at some hostels so far but I can definitely tell you that Pobi was one of the best. It was easy to get anywhere, to the beach or subway stn. It was fairly clean I mean the room I stayed was really tidy with a very cozy curtain for my bed. I've never seen a place with the curtain for each bed and this made fall asleep easily. The staff were kind and friendly (many thanks again :-)). One more thing...they provide a key to open the gate, room and locker, which make me feel very safe :-)

This hostel is awesome, located in a great area of haenduae, just a blink away from the beach and eel market. The staffs are very friendly, very helpful, I love the athmosphere! The price is also great poin for this hostel.

Need more sinks and toilets for the women.

It was a fantastic stay. Haeundae is a nice area to be in found some great places to eat and explore right outside the hostel. Friendly staff that speak English and a cozy room.

Hi, How was your trip? Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate it. Hope to meet you again in Pobi. Summer will be awesome in Haeundae. Don't forget your swimming suit. See you again.

Beds weren't cleaned and made when other people in my dorm checked out and no one replaced them. Toilets weren't kept particularly clean.

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. We clean up the room everyday. You stayed on Sunday by yourself so cleaning staff forgot your room. We will focus for the cleaning part more carefully. Thank you for your notice.

the single room is highly over priced! there aren't even curtains on the Windows and enough blanket. I wouldn't return to this place

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. This is private studio house for 2 people, not a single room. Room rate is for 2 people. I think you confused with room condition. There was small windows and nobody complain about curtains before. Thank you for your notice. Now we put the curtain. I noticed how to use heater and hot water and you can call me anytime you want (you called me 3 a.m. when you lost pin number). You didn't turn on the heater and complain about blanket. it is ridiculous.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, good location from the airport and also the bus terminal is a 15 minute walk if going to Seogwipo.

Thank you for your review. I think you confused with other hostel in Jeju. We located 1hr from the Gimhae airport, 15 mins from Haeundae bus station by walk. Thank you.

Loved it! The staff were really friendly and also went above and beyond to help us find things to do in the local area during our stay. They knew what was available as well as all information to get there. The breakfast was good - toast and jam, with an egg for each person, and orange juice or milk to drink. They have large bathroom facilities that are both joint, and a female only area. I really enjoyed my stay!

• 9th Oct 2014

Hi, Thank you for the awesome review. We are so happy to help you during you stay in Pobi. Hope to see you again. Have a nice trip.

The hostel was nice, only negative comment would be the people going in and out the dorm room the whole time during the early hours of the morning. But its understandable because its a dorm and cannot be helped sometimes.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • South Africa

Hi, so sorry for that. We tried to make people follow the rules but some people doesn't focus on that. We provide free ear plug for everyone. It will help you next time. Also we try to make smaller room next time. Thank you for your review.

Was a little difficult to find but helpful and courteous staff, and nice accommodations.

Really enjoyed my stay at Pobi. The only thing I want to say is the 00:00 light-off policy. I'm in Busan for biz trip and thus occasionally stayed up late for work issues and emails. Understand the reason for the policy though, would be better if there'll be lamp available for individual needs.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

Thank you for your review. We provide individual light every bed. And there is lamp in common area. so if you need you can use :-) Next time when you visit again please ask us what you need. We will try our best to help you. Thanks

located right by a few bars, but not really a party hostel because the common room closes at midnight. Not the best place to go if you want to sleep, as drunk, loud people will be coming in and out all night. Location is about 5 min. from Haeundae beach and 5-10 min. walk from the metro.

Very nice hostel, close to the beach in Haeundae. Negative: bad smell in the room. Too many rules and restrictions.

Hi, Thank you for your review. We will check the room more often. but sometimes you have bad smell from other guests's stuff. it's hard to say make them wash up. We will try to put air cleaning system. Our hostel is not luxurious but you can feel like you stay in friends house. This is cozy but not small hostel. so we need rule for everybody. but not very strict. You may feel bad if other guests break the rule and make you feel uncomfortable. Hope you understand. Thank you for stay Pobi hostel.

I didn't stay at the main building but an apartment owned by the hostel and it was so confusing to find. The staff member had a hard time explaining how to find it and the apartment complex was very dirty. The room was fine but it was not worth the money.

• 7th Sep 2014

I'm sorry to hear that this is not enough for you. It located main hotel area. 1min from Haeundae beach. i already explained about this is old apartment and we renovated already. you stayed very new one.(70USD/day with queen size bed, sofa, private bathroom, kitchen, washing machine, AC, 32 inch LED TV, cable tv, free wi-fi). if you find private studio in front of the beach with new building, you had to pay over 100USD/day. this is not prefect but good location with reasonable price. Thank you

awesome experience and i love it! everyone there was friendly especially the staff. had a great experience

Hi Thank you for your review. We tried to make you feel comfortable during you stay in Pobi. Happy to hear that you like. Hope to see you again. Have a nice trip.

I absolutely enjoyed my stay here! Hair dryer, shower cream and shampoo included. Free breakfast with toast, eggs, tea and coffee! Water filter provided too! Most importantly, my stay was here was one of the most memorable one because I've met heaps of wonderful people! Perfect place for solo travelers and wants to mingle and have fun!

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Hi, We are so happy cause you had good time in Pobi. We think always about how to make guests feel comfortable. You can get everything what you want during you stay in Pobi. Hair drier, hair straightener, international plug, free international phone call for 42 country, scale... we put more stuff for the guests. Hope to see you again.