Pobi Hostel Reviews

2F, 1394-328 Jung-1dong, Haeundae-gu, Busan, South Korea

We were a group of 6 people and our stay at Pobi Hostel was fantastic. The staff was very nice and helped us with things to do around Busan. We were able to come and go as we please and our belongings were secure at all times. They even rent out beach towels, which was fantastic because none of us brought any. We even met some great people during our stay and we would definitely stay here again.

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Trevor89
  • South Africa

We had an awesome time at this Hostel. The location was perfect and the staff were great as well. I would highly recommend this guest house to anyone staying in Busan.

• 29th Jul 2015

This hostel was very clean and comfortable, had knowledgable and friendly staff (with great English!), and a perfect location in Haeundae. No complaints.

The staff was nice and helpful, and us leaving very early in the morning of our last day wasn't a problem (plus, my friend forgot something to the hostel, and they sent it to us via mail afterward, too!) The place was very big and the kitchen/common area was nice and clean. Due to our schedule we managed to avoid the morning rush every time but for such a large hostel, there weren't many bathrooms/showers, however they offered hairdryers and straighteners, slippers etc. Everyone gets a locker!

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Finland

The place is little bit difficult to find.the logo is not that obvious. Pobi guesthouse is comfortable place. There are living room for is to chat to drink. However, too noisy at night.the bed will make noise when the upper customer move.the lower customers will get trouble then. Overall, good.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Hong Kong

the hostel is 3 mins walk from beach and cheap food market street. easy to get there and very nice installation

An good hostel close to the beach, the metro station and a lot of local restaurant. The dorm was clean and the common areas are spacious.

My room had no air conditioner so I had to open the window for air. However, the street noise made it difficult for me to sleep. The location as close to places to eat and the beach. There is an airport shuttle just two blocks away and for $7 one can get to the airport in 1 hour.

Hi, Thank you for your review. Your room has AC but it does not works during you stay. Sorry for that. Now there is no problem with AC. Hope you have good memories about Busan. Thank you for your stay. Have a great day!

Upon arriving at this hostel I was shocked at the stench in the dorms. Two small windows did not provide adequate ventilation for a 12 person dorm. The curtain for around the bed had blood on it, the pillow reeked and the blanket was far from clean. I was in a mixed dorm but the only girl among a large group of boys. The group of 8 or so boys went out drinking and it is safe to say the room smelt like a brewery by the morning due to its lack or airflow. Staff confiscated a/c remote in day

I loved my time at Pobi hostel - everything was really clean, all the amenities worked and everyone was very friendly! Couldn't ask for anything more.

This hostel is located very near Haeundae Market (Shijang). I felt very safe and secure here as there were lockers for shoes at the reception and in the dorm rooms, the main doors were closed and locked at 10PM, and each dorm room had its own door lock. The facilities available for women were great. Hairdryers and a straightener were available in the women's washroom, and there was plenty of shampoo and bodywash available in the showers. Guests can also purchase discount tickets for Spaland $12

Pobi Guesthouse is in a great location, close to Haeundae Beach. The staff was very friendly, and even sold us discounted tickets for Spa Land! Clean, secure, affordable - everything you want in a hostel.

Pobi was great! Exactly what I expected from a hostel. The 12 person bunk room had curtains and lockers for each bed which I really liked. The bathroom was decent and even had a hair straightener! Making breakfast (eggs and toast) with everyone in the morning was fun. It was within walking distance to the beach and subway station. My only complaint is the noise from the nightclub across the street. During my weekend stay, the music was very loud at night in the room.

• 8th May 2015

The room I had was a double and single which was comfortable for my cousin and I. Was good to have one common area where most the people had to go through so you could easily make new friends and just hang out. Good mix of people including some Koreans. Breakfast was decent. One egg and however much toast :) The place is mostly Quiet. Had a nightclub nearby which was noisy but faint when windows closed. Pobi is clean and accessible. Need to know the bus routes though.

I've been to many hostels in Asia and Pobi was the only one that offer DIY egg for breakfast, various selections of combs (no worry! you'll always find one that suit your hair) and bed-cleaning every day. I really appreciate the extended small-but-detailed services from Pobi and I'll definitely comeback!

• 3rd May 2015
  • Indonesia

The best part of the hostel was the location. It is equal distance (about 5-10 min) from Haeundae Beach and subway station. The shared room has a homey feeling. I went with my friend and got a twin room. His bed appeared slept in and didn't have a towel. If you arrive after ten, you will be confused, since the door is locked and no one is there. We were confused, and each night we helped some other confused newcomer. It would have been better if they gave clearer info on late check in, breakfast

Pobi looks a little sketchy from the outside, but on the inside, it's great. I didn't have breakfast there, but I saw the spread and it's actually better than many hostels I've stayed at here in Korea. I also LOVE the privacy curtains on the bunk beds. That's really nice. The only thing I didn't like is that they were SO busy. I had to change my shower schedule because mornings were too hectic with too many women taking up the showers and mirror space.

I literally can't fault it. Clean, amazing location, helpful staff. If you have to find fault, maybe the breakfast options could have allowed more than one egg. That's it - my only gripe!

Great hostel. We really enjoyed ourselves here. Was clean and well run. Also has a cute cat living in it.

fairly quite hostel might just be the time of year I'm sure it's more lively in high season good location next to the market/beach staff were helpful breakfast was very basic