Pobi Hostel Reviews

2F, 1394-328 Jung-1dong, Haeundae-gu, Busan, South Korea

This hostel is located very near Haeundae Market (Shijang). I felt very safe and secure here as there were lockers for shoes at the reception and in the dorm rooms, the main doors were closed and locked at 10PM, and each dorm room had its own door lock. The facilities available for women were great. Hairdryers and a straightener were available in the women's washroom, and there was plenty of shampoo and bodywash available in the showers. Guests can also purchase discount tickets for Spaland $12

Pobi Guesthouse is in a great location, close to Haeundae Beach. The staff was very friendly, and even sold us discounted tickets for Spa Land! Clean, secure, affordable - everything you want in a hostel.

Pobi was great! Exactly what I expected from a hostel. The 12 person bunk room had curtains and lockers for each bed which I really liked. The bathroom was decent and even had a hair straightener! Making breakfast (eggs and toast) with everyone in the morning was fun. It was within walking distance to the beach and subway station. My only complaint is the noise from the nightclub across the street. During my weekend stay, the music was very loud at night in the room.

• 8th May 2015

I've been to many hostels in Asia and Pobi was the only one that offer DIY egg for breakfast, various selections of combs (no worry! you'll always find one that suit your hair) and bed-cleaning every day. I really appreciate the extended small-but-detailed services from Pobi and I'll definitely comeback!

• 3rd May 2015
  • Indonesia

The best part of the hostel was the location. It is equal distance (about 5-10 min) from Haeundae Beach and subway station. The shared room has a homey feeling. I went with my friend and got a twin room. His bed appeared slept in and didn't have a towel. If you arrive after ten, you will be confused, since the door is locked and no one is there. We were confused, and each night we helped some other confused newcomer. It would have been better if they gave clearer info on late check in, breakfast

Pobi looks a little sketchy from the outside, but on the inside, it's great. I didn't have breakfast there, but I saw the spread and it's actually better than many hostels I've stayed at here in Korea. I also LOVE the privacy curtains on the bunk beds. That's really nice. The only thing I didn't like is that they were SO busy. I had to change my shower schedule because mornings were too hectic with too many women taking up the showers and mirror space.

I literally can't fault it. Clean, amazing location, helpful staff. If you have to find fault, maybe the breakfast options could have allowed more than one egg. That's it - my only gripe!

Great hostel. We really enjoyed ourselves here. Was clean and well run. Also has a cute cat living in it.

fairly quite hostel might just be the time of year I'm sure it's more lively in high season good location next to the market/beach staff were helpful breakfast was very basic

A guesthouse not a hostel. Don't expect to meet any travellers here, just young locals using it as a cheap place to crash.

Hi, Thank you for your review. In Korea, 'guesthouse' and 'hostel' are almost same word. You traveled in winter holiday season so many Korean students visited Busan. Busan is very famous for local people. there was no English speaking guest in your room so i understand why you felt like that. But many young generations can speak English. So next time please take off your earplug and try to talk with locals. And we have many travelers so no worries about you can't meet people. Thank you.

Pobi is the perfect mascot!

• 5th Feb 2015

Hi, Thank you for your review. haha Pobi is so cute right? Hope to see you again.

Stayed in the private room. The bedding was very old fashion and itchy. The heater didn't work the way they said. I figured it out, but froze for a hour before I did. Also the breakfast is one egg which you can fry yourself with toast (choice of butter or jam). There wasn't much and even then there was a bunch of kids there that morning. Had to wait a long time to fry my one egg due to kids not knowing how to cook. They needed another toaster too. Loved how secure it was and it was pretty quiet.

Great hostel ! Perfect location near market , beach and metro station, friendly staff and all very efficient and clean.

nice place good location i will go back if i go to basan again

I only stayed one night but I was pretty impressed.