Pocitos Hostel Reviews

Avenida Sarmiento 2641, esq. Fco. Aguilar, Pocitos, Montevideo, Uruguay

I´ve really enjoyed my stay at Pocitos Hostel. The neighborhood is beautiful, there are supermarkets, bars, drugstore close to the hostel, and we are a short walk from the beach. I felt very safe walking during the day or at night. Besides of that, the staff was amazing, helping us with everything we need, always with a smile in their faces. And I really appreciate mate ritual :-)

Dorms and bathrooms were very clean, common spaces as kitchen and living room are not so big but for the people hosted at that time was ok. The place really looks more like a home than a hostel with travellers and passer-by. The area is perfect for going out, it's one block away from public transport which takes you downtown, or you can walk to the beach. Only problem was that the hostel doesn't accept credit or debit card, only cash, and the staff told me the moment i was leaving.

• 23rd Mar 2015

The staff is excellent. They are very willing to help and have made my month stay very enjoyable! The atmosphere is very relaxed and they keep the hostel very clean. I had absolutely no problems here.

I just stayed there for 1 night, but the neighborhood seems like very nice! And the staff was very friendly, the bathrooms was a litlle dark, but its ok.

Avoid this hostel if you want a clean place! We stayed for one night in the basement room and then had to change hostel. We arrived late in the afternoon and the room was not ready yet. They were out of pillowcases so they gave us bed sheets to wrap the (very old and yellow) pillows. Spiderwebs in the room: I woke up with a rash in my face! The bathrooms must have been the dirtiest we have seen (and we have visited a lot of hostels). Almost non-existent breakfast. Noisy until late at night.

the bathroom was disgusting

• 27th Dec 2014

As we arrived we were inform to clean the bathroom after showering (which is normal for hostels) and that Patio was "open" to 1:00AM. main issues 1) there was trash in between my bed and the wall - shelf. From previous guests. 2) The 2 times that I need to shower I had to dry the floor BEFORE. The 3rd I told the girl at the reception. 3) Our room was next to the reception. I dont know about the patio but in our 1st night the music at the reception was "to be nice", disrespectfull...

Thank you!! I had a great time! :)

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Puerto Rico

The windows didn't have curtains, making it impossible to have privacy or sleep through the morning. The doors didn't have key, and usually were found open after returning to our room. It was poorly cleaned, the floor had dirt and showers were a bit dirty.

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

I was disappointed with my stay especially after reading nice reviews and have been travelling for a while now. One bathroom per floor for everyone to use so someone is showering next to you while you try to use the bathroom and none of it was clean. Beds were also not clean and there was nothing around the hostel besides a corner store. The one thing I did appreciate was the friendly staff.

A very good stuff thanks you guys!

Excellent