Pocitos Hostel Reviews

Avenida Sarmiento 2641, esq. Fco. Aguilar, Pocitos, Montevideo, Uruguay

The windows didn't have curtains, making it impossible to have privacy or sleep through the morning. The doors didn't have key, and usually were found open after returning to our room. It was poorly cleaned, the floor had dirt and showers were a bit dirty.

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

I was disappointed with my stay especially after reading nice reviews and have been travelling for a while now. One bathroom per floor for everyone to use so someone is showering next to you while you try to use the bathroom and none of it was clean. Beds were also not clean and there was nothing around the hostel besides a corner store. The one thing I did appreciate was the friendly staff.

Excellent

Amazing place!!! Felt like home...I had the time of my life there...

Good place, the staff is really nice, lockers available, just some doors don't close, but is not a big issue. Near to the beach.

Overall average hostel. Staff was super cool and helpful. Our room was pretty clean but the bathrooms were a hit or miss on certain days. We couldn´t get hot water in the shower one day which sucks. Lockers were small and could only fit small ideas, not entire packs. Breakfast was average. Like I said, overall average hostel, it probably would´ve been better if there were some more friendly people staying there as well.

We stayed in the basement in one of three rooms. It was very dank and musty; it didn't smell good. It was a challenge to navigate the narrow steps with our luggage to get down there. The first day there had been no bread delivery, so no breakfast. Maybe the rooms upstairs were better? The backyard needed cleaning/ fixing up so that someone would want to be out there. The staff was very kind and helpful. The location was good.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

To take a shower it was really cold because the window cannot be closed.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

The only problem i guess is that it was difficult to take a shower once the water was not hot. Moreover, the room that we stayed smelled different and not so good. But in general, it was a magnific time there. I really recommend the hostel.

• 2nd Jul 2014