Pocitos Hostel Reviews

Avenida Sarmiento 2641, esq. Fco. Aguilar, Pocitos, Montevideo, Uruguay

Avoid this hostel if you want a clean place! We stayed for one night in the basement room and then had to change hostel. We arrived late in the afternoon and the room was not ready yet. They were out of pillowcases so they gave us bed sheets to wrap the (very old and yellow) pillows. Spiderwebs in the room: I woke up with a rash in my face! The bathrooms must have been the dirtiest we have seen (and we have visited a lot of hostels). Almost non-existent breakfast. Noisy until late at night.

the bathroom was disgusting

• 27th Dec 2014

As we arrived we were inform to clean the bathroom after showering (which is normal for hostels) and that Patio was "open" to 1:00AM. main issues 1) there was trash in between my bed and the wall - shelf. From previous guests. 2) The 2 times that I need to shower I had to dry the floor BEFORE. The 3rd I told the girl at the reception. 3) Our room was next to the reception. I dont know about the patio but in our 1st night the music at the reception was "to be nice", disrespectfull...

Thank you!! I had a great time! :)

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Puerto Rico

The windows didn't have curtains, making it impossible to have privacy or sleep through the morning. The doors didn't have key, and usually were found open after returning to our room. It was poorly cleaned, the floor had dirt and showers were a bit dirty.

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

I was disappointed with my stay especially after reading nice reviews and have been travelling for a while now. One bathroom per floor for everyone to use so someone is showering next to you while you try to use the bathroom and none of it was clean. Beds were also not clean and there was nothing around the hostel besides a corner store. The one thing I did appreciate was the friendly staff.

Excellent

Amazing place!!! Felt like home...I had the time of my life there...

Good place, the staff is really nice, lockers available, just some doors don't close, but is not a big issue. Near to the beach.

Not somewhere to go if you want a good nights sleep as the curfew isn't really enforced. The staff are really friendly, especially Nacho who always has a smile on his face! The hostel is small enough to get everyone talking to each other and we had a great asado one night which was delicious!