Pocitos Hostel Reviews

Avenida Sarmiento 2641, esq. Fco. Aguilar, Pocitos, Montevideo, Uruguay

The place is very cozy and the staff is amazingly nice! I had four great days there, I would definitely come back. I've stayed in a private room for two people, it was good and clean, near the down stair bathrooms, which are clean too. The neighborhood is very safe and the hostel is one block away from a good supermarket, and five blocks away from the beach. Excellent experience!

• 5th Apr 2014

The best hostel I've been. The crew is awesome, the atmosphere incredible, and the location far from downtown, but calm and easy to o everywhere. I'm sure I'll go back!

Pocitos Hostel is a very nice place to stay because I stayed there twice. The atmosphere is really nice without stress and the people who stay there are very nice. The staff (Daniela) is also very friendly and helpful and able to give useful advises around the highlights of Montevideo and Uruguay. The breakfast is very nice and they have a nice garden to chill out. If I return to Montevideo again I would stay at Pocitos Hostel again because I enjoyed my stay there and I'll recomend it to others!

The hostel is placed in a very good place, but it is one of the worst hostel that I ever had. The bathroom must be shared with man // woman. It would not be a problem if you have at least a door to close while you take a shower. But you have just a curtain. As I am girl and I was travelling by myself I could not feel so confortable. The staff dont have at least a map to give you. There is no tour. The hostel is very small. The staff is not so friendly.

It's a very good place to stay, with the coast at a few blocks! The location and the cleanliness are the best things! I recommended it!

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Uruguay

I made a booking en route from the US. The staff was very helpful and even allowed me to change my booking at the last minute. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the hostel has a great vibe. Nice breakfast and a perfect location. Plus it has a great patio out back with a parilla and everything. Vamo arriba pocitos hostel!

• 5th Jan 2014

I was traveling alone and it was the perfect place to meet easily people and having a great time with the other backpackers and staff. Very intimate. Location is outside the center of the city but its the perfect place to move around. Do not miss the pizza on the bbq and the parilla. With the beautiful garden and the the peacefull ambiance- you ll feel home. the quality of services for this prices is unbeattable! Enjoy pocitos hostel!

The personal is really nice, my brother and me had good moments in this hostel. The beach is near to the beach and you can take easily transport to go to the down town. We did check out at 11:00 am, however they let us use facilities while we went to the terminal at 11 pm. Good time in this hostel grace to the personal enviaronment.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Colombia

love it! Martin - the host - was lovely and gave me free cultural and historical lessons that made my trip so much better.

• 20th Dec 2013

Had a great time, everything was just perfect.

• 24th Nov 2013
  • Argentina

The staff is very friendly but the place seems not to be well cleaned and the sheets were stained and very old.

I stay at hostels to save money on accommodation so that I can spend more money on the other parts of my vacations. That being said, this was the least pleasant room I've had. It was a double bed in the basement with the overwhelming smell of mold. I arrived later at night, so didn't want to bother trying to find another hostel, but probably would have if I had had more time. The bathroom was clean and the showers good, but the room was severely disappointing.