Pocitos Hostel Reviews

Avenida Sarmiento 2641, esq. Fco. Aguilar, Pocitos, Montevideo, Uruguay

The staff is very friendly but the place seems not to be well cleaned and the sheets were stained and very old.

I stay at hostels to save money on accommodation so that I can spend more money on the other parts of my vacations. That being said, this was the least pleasant room I've had. It was a double bed in the basement with the overwhelming smell of mold. I arrived later at night, so didn't want to bother trying to find another hostel, but probably would have if I had had more time. The bathroom was clean and the showers good, but the room was severely disappointing.

Lovely little place.The young people staying were very friendly and inviting.Bathrooms okay but need to work on showers not getting floors from getting soaked.Staff very helpful.Wou ld stay again if in Uruguay.

WE WOULD STAY THERE AGAIN!

The girls from the staff are AWESOME!!! I miss them!!! Besides, Pocitos is a great area.

Nice hostel, rooms upstairs are big and quiet. Staff is polite and helpful, I recommend it!

Great hostel.

• 2nd Aug 2013
  • Argentina

The negative point I think is that the rooms don't have lockers inside, but there are some at the corridor.

Love love love this hostel! Staff is super friendly and helpful. The location is really good, close to a grocery store, a couple good restaurants, and bus stops. The hostel is small and cozy. I loved the wood burning fire place. Clean bathrooms, dorms, and great breakfast. Wish I could have stayed longer!

Some long guests who had a bit of a clique can make atmosphere a little hard when on a short stay, no tours run through the hostel either. Very safe location and easy to access old town by bus.double room was right beside receiption with very loud music til 1am. Met owner who was very nice and friendly

Really this is the hostel i would definitely would go back unfortunately i just had the chance to stay for 1 night cause it was fill for the rest of the week and after being in that friendly environment its reasonable everyone whats to go there thanks for everything

Great place to stay! Nice kitchen and common area and comfortable beds. It was a little outside of the main area in Ciudad Vieja so you'd need to take a bus but I think that's also what made it safer. There wasn't a whole lot in the area in terms of bars when we went looking around 1:00 AM except for this place 21. There is a supermarket 1 street away which is really convenient. Cold shower was a downer but I understand there is a trick to getting the warm water so be sure to ask about it.

The best hostel in Montevideo. The staff is excelent, this place is very cosy! I felt like I was home. The location is very good near pocitos beach and in my opinion is the best neighborhood in town. Congratulations guys, you are all doing a very good job.

Pocitos is in a really good and safe location. You can cycle to the old town in 40 mins along the promenade which is great and is only a 5 min walk from the beach. it also close to the bus station Tres Cruces, which is very handy,

A nice little hostel. It was like staying at someones house. Located close to Pocitos beach but also only a half hour or so walk to the old town or there are plenty of buses if you prefer. Breakfast wasn't bad, the staff were nice enough and the place was kept clean.

No doubt, PoHo was one of the best hostels I have been through the whole world. And the staff are just like close friends! Thanks guys for everything! I hope I can stay with you another time!

We had a nice stay at Pocitos. Although their directions via bus were a bit off, that probably comes down to English translation. Taking Bus XX "to" Carretas is COMPLETELY different than taking Bus XX Carretas (opposed to Bus XX Zonamerica). Neighborhood was good. Hostel was definitely a social hostel. There was a gal's birthday and there was a party there one of the nights. Got a little rowdy. Staff was helpful with our needs. We'd definitely come back!

A few blocks from the sea shore. Quiet neighborhood. Basic breakfast. Lot of tourist information available. Nice chilling room.

Really enjoyed this hostel. Staff were brilliant, made me feel right at home. At first the location didn't seem great, the city centre was a good distance away. But once settled the location was the best part. ther'es a beautiful beach beach less than 5 minutes from the hostel. A regular bus runs from nearby so getting into town isn't a problem. For those that like a stroll you can follow the beach straight into the old town. Takes over an hour but its worth it!

Great comfortable hostel, like being back at home. Good location from the beach with loads of nice places to eat. The rooms downstairs are better as the ones upstairs are noisy due to wooden floors. Staff are super friendly and helpful.