Pocitos Hostel Reviews

Avenida Sarmiento 2641, esq. Fco. Aguilar, Pocitos, Montevideo, Uruguay

Overall average hostel. Staff was super cool and helpful. Our room was pretty clean but the bathrooms were a hit or miss on certain days. We couldn´t get hot water in the shower one day which sucks. Lockers were small and could only fit small ideas, not entire packs. Breakfast was average. Like I said, overall average hostel, it probably would´ve been better if there were some more friendly people staying there as well.

We stayed in the basement in one of three rooms. It was very dank and musty; it didn't smell good. It was a challenge to navigate the narrow steps with our luggage to get down there. The first day there had been no bread delivery, so no breakfast. Maybe the rooms upstairs were better? The backyard needed cleaning/ fixing up so that someone would want to be out there. The staff was very kind and helpful. The location was good.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

To take a shower it was really cold because the window cannot be closed.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

The only problem i guess is that it was difficult to take a shower once the water was not hot. Moreover, the room that we stayed smelled different and not so good. But in general, it was a magnific time there. I really recommend the hostel.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Very helpful staff, and the free breakfast is really good!

• 16th Jun 2014

really kind people

I was unhappy with my stay at pocitos hostel. The hostel was not clean. I was issued a room to stay in in the basement of the hostel, and the rooms smelled strongly of mold and mildew. I asked to switch rooms when I arrived because the room I was originally assigned smelled so bad that I could not tolerate it. The bathrooms and facilities were not well cleaned, either. The bathrooms were very dirty and poorly taken care of, moldy shower curtains, hair everywhere. My stay was very disappointing.

• 20th Apr 2014

The worst thing about this hostel is its location - it's miles away from the central district and old town - so unless you're coming to Montevideo with no other intention than to sit on the nearby (very ordinary) suburban beach, I'd look elsewhere. There are also no decent shops/restaurants nearby. It's also not run very professionally - they don't have maps for the local area, the lockers in the downstairs dorm are broken, the one computer they have is missing keys, and the breakfast is cr@p.

The staff is very very noise, the bathrooms are for men and women together and the shower is to small that you must take shower with that opened and a guy or girl could see you... i didnt see that in any hostel around the world. Is a really bad hostel

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

The place is very cozy and the staff is amazingly nice! I had four great days there, I would definitely come back. I've stayed in a private room for two people, it was good and clean, near the down stair bathrooms, which are clean too. The neighborhood is very safe and the hostel is one block away from a good supermarket, and five blocks away from the beach. Excellent experience!

• 5th Apr 2014

The best hostel I've been. The crew is awesome, the atmosphere incredible, and the location far from downtown, but calm and easy to o everywhere. I'm sure I'll go back!

Pocitos Hostel is a very nice place to stay because I stayed there twice. The atmosphere is really nice without stress and the people who stay there are very nice. The staff (Daniela) is also very friendly and helpful and able to give useful advises around the highlights of Montevideo and Uruguay. The breakfast is very nice and they have a nice garden to chill out. If I return to Montevideo again I would stay at Pocitos Hostel again because I enjoyed my stay there and I'll recomend it to others!

The hostel is placed in a very good place, but it is one of the worst hostel that I ever had. The bathroom must be shared with man // woman. It would not be a problem if you have at least a door to close while you take a shower. But you have just a curtain. As I am girl and I was travelling by myself I could not feel so confortable. The staff dont have at least a map to give you. There is no tour. The hostel is very small. The staff is not so friendly.

It's a very good place to stay, with the coast at a few blocks! The location and the cleanliness are the best things! I recommended it!

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Uruguay

Really cool hostel in a good location to walk to the beach or catch a bus to the centre. Very friendly staff!

I made a booking en route from the US. The staff was very helpful and even allowed me to change my booking at the last minute. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the hostel has a great vibe. Nice breakfast and a perfect location. Plus it has a great patio out back with a parilla and everything. Vamo arriba pocitos hostel!

• 5th Jan 2014

I was traveling alone and it was the perfect place to meet easily people and having a great time with the other backpackers and staff. Very intimate. Location is outside the center of the city but its the perfect place to move around. Do not miss the pizza on the bbq and the parilla. With the beautiful garden and the the peacefull ambiance- you ll feel home. the quality of services for this prices is unbeattable! Enjoy pocitos hostel!

The personal is really nice, my brother and me had good moments in this hostel. The beach is near to the beach and you can take easily transport to go to the down town. We did check out at 11:00 am, however they let us use facilities while we went to the terminal at 11 pm. Good time in this hostel grace to the personal enviaronment.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Colombia

love it! Martin - the host - was lovely and gave me free cultural and historical lessons that made my trip so much better.

• 20th Dec 2013

Had a great time, everything was just perfect.

• 24th Nov 2013