Pocitos Hostel Reviews

Avenida Sarmiento 2641, esq. Fco. Aguilar, Pocitos, Montevideo, Uruguay

The staff is excellent. They are very willing to help and have made my month stay very enjoyable! The atmosphere is very relaxed and they keep the hostel very clean. I had absolutely no problems here.

I just stayed there for 1 night, but the neighborhood seems like very nice! And the staff was very friendly, the bathrooms was a litlle dark, but its ok.

Avoid this hostel if you want a clean place! We stayed for one night in the basement room and then had to change hostel. We arrived late in the afternoon and the room was not ready yet. They were out of pillowcases so they gave us bed sheets to wrap the (very old and yellow) pillows. Spiderwebs in the room: I woke up with a rash in my face! The bathrooms must have been the dirtiest we have seen (and we have visited a lot of hostels). Almost non-existent breakfast. Noisy until late at night.

the bathroom was disgusting

• 27th Dec 2014

As we arrived we were inform to clean the bathroom after showering (which is normal for hostels) and that Patio was "open" to 1:00AM. main issues 1) there was trash in between my bed and the wall - shelf. From previous guests. 2) The 2 times that I need to shower I had to dry the floor BEFORE. The 3rd I told the girl at the reception. 3) Our room was next to the reception. I dont know about the patio but in our 1st night the music at the reception was "to be nice", disrespectfull...

Thank you!! I had a great time! :)

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Puerto Rico

The windows didn't have curtains, making it impossible to have privacy or sleep through the morning. The doors didn't have key, and usually were found open after returning to our room. It was poorly cleaned, the floor had dirt and showers were a bit dirty.

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

I was disappointed with my stay especially after reading nice reviews and have been travelling for a while now. One bathroom per floor for everyone to use so someone is showering next to you while you try to use the bathroom and none of it was clean. Beds were also not clean and there was nothing around the hostel besides a corner store. The one thing I did appreciate was the friendly staff.

A very good stuff thanks you guys!

Excellent

Amazing place!!! Felt like home...I had the time of my life there...

Good place, the staff is really nice, lockers available, just some doors don't close, but is not a big issue. Near to the beach.

Not somewhere to go if you want a good nights sleep as the curfew isn't really enforced. The staff are really friendly, especially Nacho who always has a smile on his face! The hostel is small enough to get everyone talking to each other and we had a great asado one night which was delicious!

Overall average hostel. Staff was super cool and helpful. Our room was pretty clean but the bathrooms were a hit or miss on certain days. We couldn´t get hot water in the shower one day which sucks. Lockers were small and could only fit small ideas, not entire packs. Breakfast was average. Like I said, overall average hostel, it probably would´ve been better if there were some more friendly people staying there as well.

We stayed in the basement in one of three rooms. It was very dank and musty; it didn't smell good. It was a challenge to navigate the narrow steps with our luggage to get down there. The first day there had been no bread delivery, so no breakfast. Maybe the rooms upstairs were better? The backyard needed cleaning/ fixing up so that someone would want to be out there. The staff was very kind and helpful. The location was good.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

To take a shower it was really cold because the window cannot be closed.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

The only problem i guess is that it was difficult to take a shower once the water was not hot. Moreover, the room that we stayed smelled different and not so good. But in general, it was a magnific time there. I really recommend the hostel.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Very helpful staff, and the free breakfast is really good!

• 16th Jun 2014

really kind people

I was unhappy with my stay at pocitos hostel. The hostel was not clean. I was issued a room to stay in in the basement of the hostel, and the rooms smelled strongly of mold and mildew. I asked to switch rooms when I arrived because the room I was originally assigned smelled so bad that I could not tolerate it. The bathrooms and facilities were not well cleaned, either. The bathrooms were very dirty and poorly taken care of, moldy shower curtains, hair everywhere. My stay was very disappointing.

• 20th Apr 2014