Pocitos Hostel Reviews

Avenida Sarmiento 2641, esq. Fco. Aguilar, Pocitos, Montevideo, Uruguay

Thank you!! I had a great time! :)

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Puerto Rico

The windows didn't have curtains, making it impossible to have privacy or sleep through the morning. The doors didn't have key, and usually were found open after returning to our room. It was poorly cleaned, the floor had dirt and showers were a bit dirty.

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

I was disappointed with my stay especially after reading nice reviews and have been travelling for a while now. One bathroom per floor for everyone to use so someone is showering next to you while you try to use the bathroom and none of it was clean. Beds were also not clean and there was nothing around the hostel besides a corner store. The one thing I did appreciate was the friendly staff.

Excellent

Amazing place!!! Felt like home...I had the time of my life there...

Good place, the staff is really nice, lockers available, just some doors don't close, but is not a big issue. Near to the beach.

Not somewhere to go if you want a good nights sleep as the curfew isn't really enforced. The staff are really friendly, especially Nacho who always has a smile on his face! The hostel is small enough to get everyone talking to each other and we had a great asado one night which was delicious!

Overall average hostel. Staff was super cool and helpful. Our room was pretty clean but the bathrooms were a hit or miss on certain days. We couldn´t get hot water in the shower one day which sucks. Lockers were small and could only fit small ideas, not entire packs. Breakfast was average. Like I said, overall average hostel, it probably would´ve been better if there were some more friendly people staying there as well.

We stayed in the basement in one of three rooms. It was very dank and musty; it didn't smell good. It was a challenge to navigate the narrow steps with our luggage to get down there. The first day there had been no bread delivery, so no breakfast. Maybe the rooms upstairs were better? The backyard needed cleaning/ fixing up so that someone would want to be out there. The staff was very kind and helpful. The location was good.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

To take a shower it was really cold because the window cannot be closed.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

The only problem i guess is that it was difficult to take a shower once the water was not hot. Moreover, the room that we stayed smelled different and not so good. But in general, it was a magnific time there. I really recommend the hostel.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Very helpful staff, and the free breakfast is really good!

• 16th Jun 2014

really kind people

I was unhappy with my stay at pocitos hostel. The hostel was not clean. I was issued a room to stay in in the basement of the hostel, and the rooms smelled strongly of mold and mildew. I asked to switch rooms when I arrived because the room I was originally assigned smelled so bad that I could not tolerate it. The bathrooms and facilities were not well cleaned, either. The bathrooms were very dirty and poorly taken care of, moldy shower curtains, hair everywhere. My stay was very disappointing.

• 20th Apr 2014

The worst thing about this hostel is its location - it's miles away from the central district and old town - so unless you're coming to Montevideo with no other intention than to sit on the nearby (very ordinary) suburban beach, I'd look elsewhere. There are also no decent shops/restaurants nearby. It's also not run very professionally - they don't have maps for the local area, the lockers in the downstairs dorm are broken, the one computer they have is missing keys, and the breakfast is cr@p.

The staff is very very noise, the bathrooms are for men and women together and the shower is to small that you must take shower with that opened and a guy or girl could see you... i didnt see that in any hostel around the world. Is a really bad hostel

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

The place is very cozy and the staff is amazingly nice! I had four great days there, I would definitely come back. I've stayed in a private room for two people, it was good and clean, near the down stair bathrooms, which are clean too. The neighborhood is very safe and the hostel is one block away from a good supermarket, and five blocks away from the beach. Excellent experience!

• 5th Apr 2014

The best hostel I've been. The crew is awesome, the atmosphere incredible, and the location far from downtown, but calm and easy to o everywhere. I'm sure I'll go back!

Pocitos Hostel is a very nice place to stay because I stayed there twice. The atmosphere is really nice without stress and the people who stay there are very nice. The staff (Daniela) is also very friendly and helpful and able to give useful advises around the highlights of Montevideo and Uruguay. The breakfast is very nice and they have a nice garden to chill out. If I return to Montevideo again I would stay at Pocitos Hostel again because I enjoyed my stay there and I'll recomend it to others!

The hostel is placed in a very good place, but it is one of the worst hostel that I ever had. The bathroom must be shared with man // woman. It would not be a problem if you have at least a door to close while you take a shower. But you have just a curtain. As I am girl and I was travelling by myself I could not feel so confortable. The staff dont have at least a map to give you. There is no tour. The hostel is very small. The staff is not so friendly.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7