Pocitos Hostel Reviews

Avenida Sarmiento 2641, esq. Fco. Aguilar, Pocitos, Montevideo, Uruguay

Muy recomendable. Muy buena experiencia. Nunca había ido a un hostel, pero realmente fue muy grato.

The worst thing about this hostel is its location - it's miles away from the central district and old town - so unless you're coming to Montevideo with no other intention than to sit on the nearby (very ordinary) suburban beach, I'd look elsewhere. There are also no decent shops/restaurants nearby. It's also not run very professionally - they don't have maps for the local area, the lockers in the downstairs dorm are broken, the one computer they have is missing keys, and the breakfast is cr@p.

The staff is very very noise, the bathrooms are for men and women together and the shower is to small that you must take shower with that opened and a guy or girl could see you... i didnt see that in any hostel around the world. Is a really bad hostel

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

The place is very cozy and the staff is amazingly nice! I had four great days there, I would definitely come back. I've stayed in a private room for two people, it was good and clean, near the down stair bathrooms, which are clean too. The neighborhood is very safe and the hostel is one block away from a good supermarket, and five blocks away from the beach. Excellent experience!

• 5th Apr 2014

The best hostel I've been. The crew is awesome, the atmosphere incredible, and the location far from downtown, but calm and easy to o everywhere. I'm sure I'll go back!

Lo mejor del hostal es la ubicación y el staff, las 2 chicas que atienden son muy amables y serviciales. A la hora de preguntarles te ayudan en todo. Lo que no me gustó mucho, es que me tocó la habitación justo al lado de la entrada, por lo que en la noche se escucha mucho ruido de la sala y la gente que entra al hostal. También es algo pequeña, podrían poner una cama doble en vez de litera.Recomendaría qur instalaran un sitio para colgar ropa húmeda o toallas. El desayuno es básico pero bueno.

Pocitos Hostel is a very nice place to stay because I stayed there twice. The atmosphere is really nice without stress and the people who stay there are very nice. The staff (Daniela) is also very friendly and helpful and able to give useful advises around the highlights of Montevideo and Uruguay. The breakfast is very nice and they have a nice garden to chill out. If I return to Montevideo again I would stay at Pocitos Hostel again because I enjoyed my stay there and I'll recomend it to others!

El ambiente es muy bueno, el staff es muy amable, esta cerca de todo, lo que no nos gustó es que ni hay control de lockers, ni lockers suficientes, los baños no se limpian diariamente, la puerta de nuestro cuarto no servia. En general muy buena experiencia.

¿Qué decir? Que me sentí como en casa en el hostal. El personal es de puta madre, muy majos. Los Chivitos y parrilladas que nos prepararon, las noches en el jardín, la buena música, las conversaciones... Se le coge cariño a todo :) Además, el hostal está muy bien situado. A cinco minutos de la playa, buses muy cerca, un supermercado a dos minutos... Lo dicho, fue un placer. Y si vuelvo a Montevideo, será al Pocitos Hostel :)

The hostel is placed in a very good place, but it is one of the worst hostel that I ever had. The bathroom must be shared with man // woman. It would not be a problem if you have at least a door to close while you take a shower. But you have just a curtain. As I am girl and I was travelling by myself I could not feel so confortable. The staff dont have at least a map to give you. There is no tour. The hostel is very small. The staff is not so friendly.

Muy buena atencion, limpio, bien ubicado. Lo unico malo es que el patio se usa hasta temprano y no permiten los ruidos pasado las 2am, por lo que el hostel no es una opcion para carretear.

• 28th Jan 2014
  • Chile

o melhor hostel que ja fiquei, todos sao muito educados e gostam de boa musica

• 28th Jan 2014

It's a very good place to stay, with the coast at a few blocks! The location and the cleanliness are the best things! I recommended it!

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Uruguay

Eugenia Uki, Rafael, Martin, Agustina, gracias por todo. Nunca me senti tao em casa em outro pais. Pedacinho da Universidade de Sao Paulo no Uruguai. Bjs e ate breve.

• 16th Jan 2014
  • renatoaugustodacosta

I made a booking en route from the US. The staff was very helpful and even allowed me to change my booking at the last minute. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the hostel has a great vibe. Nice breakfast and a perfect location. Plus it has a great patio out back with a parilla and everything. Vamo arriba pocitos hostel!

• 5th Jan 2014

I was traveling alone and it was the perfect place to meet easily people and having a great time with the other backpackers and staff. Very intimate. Location is outside the center of the city but its the perfect place to move around. Do not miss the pizza on the bbq and the parilla. With the beautiful garden and the the peacefull ambiance- you ll feel home. the quality of services for this prices is unbeattable! Enjoy pocitos hostel!

Tercera vez que nos hospedamos con mis amigos en este increible hostel! El staff es muy amigable y siempre dispuesto a responder cualquier pregunta que uno tenga. El lugar siempre invita a conocer gente de todas partes del mundo. A solo unas pocas cuadras de la playa y en el hermoso barrio de Pocitos, sin lugar a dudas recomiendo a cualquiera alojarse en este establecimiento! Gracias por todo!!!!

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Argentina

The personal is really nice, my brother and me had good moments in this hostel. The beach is near to the beach and you can take easily transport to go to the down town. We did check out at 11:00 am, however they let us use facilities while we went to the terminal at 11 pm. Good time in this hostel grace to the personal enviaronment.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Colombia

O hostel é ótimo,limpo, com excelente localização e o staff formado por pessoas super legais que estão sempre prontos a te ajudar.

No hostel estaria tudo bem se duas coisas nao atrapalhassem: o banheiro coletivo para homens e mulheres no 1° piso e a falta de ar condicionado que, no calor do verao, nao deixa ninguem dormir.