Pocitos Hostel Reviews

Avenida Sarmiento 2641, esq. Fco. Aguilar, Pocitos, Montevideo, Uruguay

La pasamos muy bien. Nos sentimos muy a gusto con el lugar, con el personal y con el resto de los pasajeros.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Das Frühstück war eher schlecht. Weißbrot mit Dulce de leche und Cornflakes. In unserem Zimmer war die Decke KOMPLETT schwarz verschimmelt. positiv: gut ausgestattet mit Küchenutensilien. Freundliches Personal

Recomendable para la gente que viaja sola porque encontrara en pocitos jostel un lugar con gente muy amigable por sobre todas las cosas

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Overall average hostel. Staff was super cool and helpful. Our room was pretty clean but the bathrooms were a hit or miss on certain days. We couldn´t get hot water in the shower one day which sucks. Lockers were small and could only fit small ideas, not entire packs. Breakfast was average. Like I said, overall average hostel, it probably would´ve been better if there were some more friendly people staying there as well.

We stayed in the basement in one of three rooms. It was very dank and musty; it didn't smell good. It was a challenge to navigate the narrow steps with our luggage to get down there. The first day there had been no bread delivery, so no breakfast. Maybe the rooms upstairs were better? The backyard needed cleaning/ fixing up so that someone would want to be out there. The staff was very kind and helpful. The location was good.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

To take a shower it was really cold because the window cannot be closed.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

The only problem i guess is that it was difficult to take a shower once the water was not hot. Moreover, the room that we stayed smelled different and not so good. But in general, it was a magnific time there. I really recommend the hostel.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Excelente lugar, buena compañía, el personal muy especial, quieren mucho a los colombianos! Gracias por la estadía!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Tiene una chimenea muy acogedora que te hace sentir en casa. El staff es muy amable y te ayuda en todo. solo habia un problema con el agua caliente y muchas personas tenian que bañarse en agua fria en invierno...

Very helpful staff, and the free breakfast is really good!

• 16th Jun 2014

really kind people

I was unhappy with my stay at pocitos hostel. The hostel was not clean. I was issued a room to stay in in the basement of the hostel, and the rooms smelled strongly of mold and mildew. I asked to switch rooms when I arrived because the room I was originally assigned smelled so bad that I could not tolerate it. The bathrooms and facilities were not well cleaned, either. The bathrooms were very dirty and poorly taken care of, moldy shower curtains, hair everywhere. My stay was very disappointing.

• 20th Apr 2014

Muy buena relación precio calidad, muy buena ubicación ! Cuartos muy cómodos y muy buen ambiente! Recomendable

Muy recomendable. Muy buena experiencia. Nunca había ido a un hostel, pero realmente fue muy grato.

The worst thing about this hostel is its location - it's miles away from the central district and old town - so unless you're coming to Montevideo with no other intention than to sit on the nearby (very ordinary) suburban beach, I'd look elsewhere. There are also no decent shops/restaurants nearby. It's also not run very professionally - they don't have maps for the local area, the lockers in the downstairs dorm are broken, the one computer they have is missing keys, and the breakfast is cr@p.

The staff is very very noise, the bathrooms are for men and women together and the shower is to small that you must take shower with that opened and a guy or girl could see you... i didnt see that in any hostel around the world. Is a really bad hostel

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

The place is very cozy and the staff is amazingly nice! I had four great days there, I would definitely come back. I've stayed in a private room for two people, it was good and clean, near the down stair bathrooms, which are clean too. The neighborhood is very safe and the hostel is one block away from a good supermarket, and five blocks away from the beach. Excellent experience!

• 5th Apr 2014

The best hostel I've been. The crew is awesome, the atmosphere incredible, and the location far from downtown, but calm and easy to o everywhere. I'm sure I'll go back!

Lo mejor del hostal es la ubicación y el staff, las 2 chicas que atienden son muy amables y serviciales. A la hora de preguntarles te ayudan en todo. Lo que no me gustó mucho, es que me tocó la habitación justo al lado de la entrada, por lo que en la noche se escucha mucho ruido de la sala y la gente que entra al hostal. También es algo pequeña, podrían poner una cama doble en vez de litera.Recomendaría qur instalaran un sitio para colgar ropa húmeda o toallas. El desayuno es básico pero bueno.