PodShare Reviews

1617 Cosmo Street, Los Angeles, USA

Excellent location and the staff are great. Especially that girl from New Zealand who's name escapes me! The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the approximate 30% extra I was required to pay which I was told is City tax. Surely this could be made clear from the start. So I payed USD40 instead of the USD30 Hostel World told me I needed to pay on arrival.

The city tax is 14%, if you paid with a card Square takes an additional 3% fee, and both fees are mentioned in our description on site. Neither goes to PodShare, but to the city and the credit card processor respectively. Hope this helps!

I loved my stay at podshare chill atmosphere and friendly staff who recomend some great places to eat

• 13th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Our group of four European college exchange students stayed just one night at PodShare but really want to come back when in LA next time. The staff was really nice, welcoming and service-minded. The entire place had a very fresh, youthful vibe to it and there was a clever technical solution for everything from payments to giving information on who is in each "pod". The pods where very cosy and comfortable! Location and standard pushes up the price a bit, but definitely worth it!

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Overall a good experience! Location was great!

• 19th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

They only problem with podshare is that it only has one toilet for ten guests.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Podshare is in a great location in Central Hollywood, just around the corner from Hollywood Boulevard. The hostel itself is a pretty cool idea; in your 'pod' you have everything you might need - plugs, headphones, tv, lamp etc and then you share food/ books etc. The only negative is there is only one bathroom. The best bit about Podshare is definitely the staff - the owner Elvira was really welcoming and full of useful tips on where to go and what to see. I would definitely recommend a stay!

• 10th Aug 2014

Absolutely loved staying here! Great way to meet new people! staff were amazing, excellent location. I could not recommend it enough, would stay here again in a heart beat!

• 5th Aug 2014

Good location, good service, quite average rooms and ok people.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I am very sorry to leave a negative review because it was truly a mismatch of expectation. The location and staff were fine. It took only like 10 mins walk from metro, and the staff were nice enough to talk to. But, it looked totally different from online advertisement, and the place we stayed was actually a staff accommodation area. The Hostelworld indicated 24 hours for cancellation policy, yet Podshare said it would be 48 hours on their side. Pretty disappointed out of this confusion.

To clarify: we have an overflow loft for the summer (which isn't specifically staff accommodation area, but there was a staff member on site). The description says "not a pod reservation", and the guest received photos of the accommodation prior to arrival. PodShare's policy is 48 hrs, as stated in the confirmation email. We did cancel the last night of the guests' stay, despite the fact it was technically after the 48 hr policy. We're sorry for the confusion, but the reservation was for a bunk.

Podshare is an incredible experience that I wholeheartedly recommend. The staff are extremely friendly and go out of their way to make sure your stay in LA is as good as it can be. The location is also fantastic and the facilities are among the best I have experienced.

• 20th Jun 2014

Staying at podshare was my first ever experience at a backpackers anywhere in the world and I'm normally more of the 'hotel' type on vacation. So I have no means for comparison however I certainly enjoyed my stay there and would definitely recommend it for any single travelers or anyone looking for something a bit cheaper than a hotel. From what I know/have heard about other backpackers, podshare is very different but in a good way. Would recommend to anyone who asked and a great host!!

• 19th Jun 2014