PodShare Reviews

1617 Cosmo Street, Los Angeles, USA

They only problem with podshare is that it only has one toilet for ten guests.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Podshare is in a great location in Central Hollywood, just around the corner from Hollywood Boulevard. The hostel itself is a pretty cool idea; in your 'pod' you have everything you might need - plugs, headphones, tv, lamp etc and then you share food/ books etc. The only negative is there is only one bathroom. The best bit about Podshare is definitely the staff - the owner Elvira was really welcoming and full of useful tips on where to go and what to see. I would definitely recommend a stay!

• 10th Aug 2014

Good location, good service, quite average rooms and ok people.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I am very sorry to leave a negative review because it was truly a mismatch of expectation. The location and staff were fine. It took only like 10 mins walk from metro, and the staff were nice enough to talk to. But, it looked totally different from online advertisement, and the place we stayed was actually a staff accommodation area. The Hostelworld indicated 24 hours for cancellation policy, yet Podshare said it would be 48 hours on their side. Pretty disappointed out of this confusion.

To clarify: we have an overflow loft for the summer (which isn't specifically staff accommodation area, but there was a staff member on site). The description says "not a pod reservation", and the guest received photos of the accommodation prior to arrival. PodShare's policy is 48 hrs, as stated in the confirmation email. We did cancel the last night of the guests' stay, despite the fact it was technically after the 48 hr policy. We're sorry for the confusion, but the reservation was for a bunk.

Podshare is an incredible experience that I wholeheartedly recommend. The staff are extremely friendly and go out of their way to make sure your stay in LA is as good as it can be. The location is also fantastic and the facilities are among the best I have experienced.

• 20th Jun 2014

Staying at podshare was my first ever experience at a backpackers anywhere in the world and I'm normally more of the 'hotel' type on vacation. So I have no means for comparison however I certainly enjoyed my stay there and would definitely recommend it for any single travelers or anyone looking for something a bit cheaper than a hotel. From what I know/have heard about other backpackers, podshare is very different but in a good way. Would recommend to anyone who asked and a great host!!

• 19th Jun 2014

A great concept. The location was fantastic and the staff very friendly. The facilities were generally good with things like hair straightners, shampoo, computers, TV, WiFi etc. There were plenty of cereals for breakfast. The pods were very comfy though inevitably it wasn't the quietest place to sleep. My only qualm would be the bathroom. On the night I stayed there were two extra people sleeping on roll out beds on the floor which meant 10 people for one bathroom (combined shower and toilet).

We have stayed in hostels worldwide and this has to be one of the worst! Multiple issues with this hostel that includes; the whole of the window isn't covered by curtain, so very bright, very early, the pods/bathroom/kitchen aren't separate rooms so you can hear everybody's everything, include the idiots who showered every night at 4am- thanks for that, NOT!, and the staff couldn't have more lack of info of the area if they tried. It is also in an area that feels unsafe.

We're sorry to hear the guest did not enjoy their stay. We're in the heart of Hollywood, so it is a lively area for both tourists & locals. Group dynamics do change week to week, but we don't police people's showering habits. Our staff are knowledgable of the area, having lived in the city for over a decade. We don't recall the guest raising any concerns during their stay. We do have a secure entry/ multiple security cameras. PodShare is an extremely social environment, which isn't for everyone.

Even tho I didn't spend much time at the hostel, the manager and her staff were extremely polite and inviting. Location is a less than 5 min walk from the Metro station. Abundant restaurants, shopping, tourist attractions nearby. Bed was very comfortable and the fact they're not bunk beds makes it more convenient! There are power outlets located everywhere in the building! Again didn't spend much time to take full advantage of the place but I'm definitely coming back the next time I stay in LA!

• 1st Jun 2014

Amazing facilities! The hostel can be whatever you make it to be, whether you want to make new friends or just to relax by yourself in your amazing pod! The staff were all exceptionally friendly, and fantastic free amenities like wifi, bathroom products, tea/coffee, fruit made the higher price worth it. I stayed there when I had one night in LA by myself, which was a perfect choice, but it's not a party hostel whatsoever, nor do they run nightly events.

Nice place, people and concept, but they must take care about facilities mantainance. My reading light was broken and the same for the TV of another Pod. Wi-fi is included but poor quality almost impossible to get connect to the internet.

• 31st Mar 2014

Wonderful location, staff and concept. Love the spacious pods with their inbuilt TV's, and basically all that's been done with the limited space (only 10 pods on this unit). Good kitchen, bathroom, computer facilities etc. Would love to see cleaner bathrooms (although still clean) and I think the guests need to do what's required to clean up after they're done. Very upbeat atmosphere with the aspiring actors etc.

The staff was extremely nice and I really can't think of anything I didn't like about this place. The best "hostel" I've seen so far.

• 9th Jan 2014

Highly recommended. Good location. Staff nice and helpful. Would add access to second bathroom if possible.

Really friendly staff, great atmosphere and great location. I'll be coming back.

I have stayed in many hostels throughout Europe and North America. In a typical hostel, you have rooms for people to sleep in and a separate common area. That's not the case at the PodShare as it is open concept. Last night, they had karaoke so I had to deal with extremely loud music and drunk people badly singing until well after midnight. Again, you can hear EVERYTHING from the common area from your bunk as it is open concept. I was booked in for three nights but left after the first night. The other

Perfect for a peaceful stay. No need for any other words.

Not enough bathroom facilities. Security a bit suspect. Location right by walk of fame and metro line. Private pods with tv services included.

A very fun and interesting place to stay! A bit more attention needs to be paid to cleaning the pods between occupants--spray & wipe walls, railings and shelves, and vacuum around the mattresses. The sheets, blankets and towels were fresh & clean, as is the rest of the place. It can get a bit noisy some nights, but they supply earplugs which takes care of that issue for those people who need to get up early. Friendly & helpful staff makes PodShare a great place to stay, and I miss being there!

• 14th Jul 2013

Great place to wind down at, has all the amenities for techies, and I loved it! Only issue for me was the door being open a lot and the staff at the door would step away from time to time leaving it unguarded. It wouldn't bother me normally, but the area was downtown Hollywood and not on a great looking street. If youre looking for a great place with all the amenities you would get at a nice hotel then definitely stay here. Fun vibe, great friendly staff, and right in thick of Hollywood!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4