PodShare Reviews

1617 Cosmo Street, Los Angeles, California, USA

Wonderful location, staff and concept. Love the spacious pods with their inbuilt TV's, and basically all that's been done with the limited space (only 10 pods on this unit). Good kitchen, bathroom, computer facilities etc. Would love to see cleaner bathrooms (although still clean) and I think the guests need to do what's required to clean up after they're done. Very upbeat atmosphere with the aspiring actors etc.

The staff was extremely nice and I really can't think of anything I didn't like about this place. The best "hostel" I've seen so far.

• 9th Jan 2014

Highly recommended. Good location. Staff nice and helpful. Would add access to second bathroom if possible.

Really friendly staff, great atmosphere and great location. I'll be coming back.

I have stayed in many hostels throughout Europe and North America. In a typical hostel, you have rooms for people to sleep in and a separate common area. That's not the case at the PodShare as it is open concept. Last night, they had karaoke so I had to deal with extremely loud music and drunk people badly singing until well after midnight. Again, you can hear EVERYTHING from the common area from your bunk as it is open concept. I was booked in for three nights but left after the first night. The other

Perfect for a peaceful stay. No need for any other words.

Not enough bathroom facilities. Security a bit suspect. Location right by walk of fame and metro line. Private pods with tv services included.

A very fun and interesting place to stay! A bit more attention needs to be paid to cleaning the pods between occupants--spray & wipe walls, railings and shelves, and vacuum around the mattresses. The sheets, blankets and towels were fresh & clean, as is the rest of the place. It can get a bit noisy some nights, but they supply earplugs which takes care of that issue for those people who need to get up early. Friendly & helpful staff makes PodShare a great place to stay, and I miss being there!

• 14th Jul 2013

Great place to wind down at, has all the amenities for techies, and I loved it! Only issue for me was the door being open a lot and the staff at the door would step away from time to time leaving it unguarded. It wouldn't bother me normally, but the area was downtown Hollywood and not on a great looking street. If youre looking for a great place with all the amenities you would get at a nice hotel then definitely stay here. Fun vibe, great friendly staff, and right in thick of Hollywood!

Great place to stay in central Hollywood, not far from Capitol Records Tower. Unique vibe with individual pods rather than bunks. Larger / more luxurious than standard bunks, with added extras like personal TVs, power, etc. All 10 pods are in one large area, although everyone seems to keep quiet at night so it's actually chilled and peaceful most of the time. Could do with more bathrooms as there is only one on the ground floor and one on another floor. Clean and staff were great! Recommended!

Great stay with Great people! PodShare really go out of their way to make you feel welcome! I thoroughly recommend staying here for the staff & the type of accommodation it's the best there is.... bar none! 5 STARS

• 19th Jun 2013
  • New Zealand

Awesome place to stay. Staff members are very nice. Place is normally clean. Wifi is reliable. Very friendly fun atmosphere.

Love this place! Can see how it is not for everyone, the pods are open ended so there is not as much privacy as some people might like. Despite this I found them quite intimate, I'd recommend asking for a pod on the second floor as the height gives you a little more privacy. Awesome staff, great location if you're after hollywood. Cool vibe, cool kitchen, great shared bathroom. I'll be here again #podlove.

Not your regular hostel! At first we were shocked at the open style of the pods and the intimate nature of the hostel but this is what makes it so special. As there is only space for 10 people you feel like you are part of an exclusive club. The staff are completely awesome and played a big part in making our trip. The beds were comfy

Stayed a couple of nights in LA at Podshare. AMAZING, best hostel i have ever seen. Get your own pod with power, TV, Free WiFi etc etc. The small amount of people staying there means you get to know them really well and make some friends to explore the city. Hollywood itself I didnt like, but staying here made it awesome. Helpful staff, cool people, safe area 5/5.

Totally thought PodShare was a complete scam at first but turned out to be the best 5 days in LA. So convenient to majorsights and attractions, but believe me that didn't matter as much as the people you meet at the Pod!

• 15th Mar 2013

Nice People, great hostel.... good location.

I was only there for one night... Wish I had of stayed longer. Everyone is so friendly. Close to everything... Had an amazing time apart from the cinnamon challenge. Thanks guys!

• 24th Feb 2013

Although the idea is cool, this hostel is not for everyone. It's a flat with 10 pods and some people sleeping on the floor and ONLY ONE bathroom! Some of the guests keep talking all night and weekends are noisy because of the party going on next door. And the lights never go out (and people watch TV all the time). I felt trapped on my pod, because there was barely any space for me+my bag. If you don't mind not sleeping (and having to use earplugs and a sleeping mask), go ahead!

The location of Podshare was great. The staff were great and friendly. The actual pods were nice too. So there were two main issues that I had with Podshare. The first issue was on my last night there, other podestrians were drinking and partying while I as trying to get to sleep. Podshare needs a quiet time that beings from midnight at minimum. Secondly, one toilet and shower was not enough especially in the morning when everyone need to relieve themselves.

« first « Prev 1 2 3