Point Break Backpackers

Rating 563 Total Reviews

• New Zealand, Male, 41+
15th Feb 2017
6.9

I enjoyed my stay. The staff were freindly and helpful.

8th Feb 2017
3.1

This hostel needs a place for people to party all night long without disturbing people who need to get a good night's sleep. Five or six people's desire to party ALL night was given consideration over all the rest of the people staying there. There were 7 other people in my room and they all wanted the fighting on the street and partying all night to quit. I asked the manager to see to this. He said there was little he could do.

We are very sorry that your sleep was interrupted, but if they are partying on the street we have no legal jurisdiction. As for partying in the kitchen the night manager asked them to quiten down as soon the problem was brought to his attention. We have to give some leniency as these people are on holiday and you are staying in a backpackers that caters to young people. I hope your travels improved.

• England, Male, 18-24
30th Jan 2017
2.6

The place felt so unsafe as soon as I got there someone said make sure you lock all your stuff up and I could see why, there's drugs about the place and the people who are hanging out there make you feel on edge. The worst hostel in NZ even the place as a whole feels unsafe

We're sorry that you felt unsafe, if you had contacted our staff we could have assesed and helped to rectify the situation. Some good advise to keep your valuables safe and locked up as the accommodation is dormitory style and therefore we cannot be responsible for your private property. We hope the rest of your travels are enjoyable.

• Explore-the-World
  • Germany, Male, 18-24
26th Dec 2016
2.9

Don't stay here! Somebody tried to break into my car