Point Break Backpackers Reviews

6 Union Street, New Brighton, Christchurch, New Zealand

Great if you are planning to explore New Brighton and Sumner areas or go surfing etc. Really spacious kitchen and even a pool table and TV room. We were in room 4 (private twin room) and one of the beds was entirely broken (the single bed). It was so bad that it was better to sleep on the floor!! I'm sure this will get fixed soon, though.

Staff were very friendly and very helpful when I had a few problems with my car. Thanks pip

• 31st Jul 2015

Friendly staff free tea and coffee and breakfast each morning. Hostel is clean only bad thing about it is it's far from the city which is about a 45min bus journey away.

• 11th Jul 2015

Almost every facility requires extra payment. It is ridiculous that they do not give breakfast on weekends.

kitchen was messy,dirty and sticky, a lot of furniture was broken no backs to lean on

We only spent one night at Point Break Backpacker and I am glad we didn't stay longer... The kitchen and the bathrooms were dirty. As for the room, it has no atmosphere at all and the walls are so thin, it's like you sleep with you neighbours. I would suggest to avoid this place.

• 18th Apr 2015

I did get my money,s worth. I got total privacy 3 out of 9 nights that I stayed there and that was a blessing.The bus service was only half a block away and it was only a 3 block walk to the ocean and pier, with a major store only less than 3 blocks away. When I get a job and save up for a least 3 years, then one day I may revisit New Zealand. I enjoyed my stay there.

• 15th Apr 2015

I really liked this hostel! The staff were really friendly and helpful. It was quiet and security was good. The location at this time of year would not be suited for a long stay, but in summer I'm sure the place is buzzing with beach goers! Great cafe downstairs serving lovely coffee and muffins ;)

Stayed for two nights. The stay was OK. The location is pretty rubbish although there was a bus stop just outside.

• 10th Apr 2015