Point Break Backpackers Reviews

6 Union Street, New Brighton, Christchurch, New Zealand

On check in all seemed ok but when walking to my dorm (4 bed mixed) it smelt like something had died in a corner this was persistent in the entire building my dorm stank of mould and body odour , the kitchen was large but dirty and the same smell yet again, I spent one night there ( booked for three) couldn't shower as closed for cleaning 09:35 / kitchen closed also 09:40 for cleaning, staff very unhelpful and rude when spoken to.

Thank you for your comments, were sorry about the smell we had all the carpets cleaned and sometimes it does tend to smell this leaves within a day or so, were sorry you experienced this, we do have to start cleaning ASAP as we have 70 beds to clean and cater for allowing guest to check into rooms as check out is 10am starting at 930 is not unreasonable, I my staff were rude or unhelpful I will check into this comments to make it sure this is not happening. Hope you enjoy your adventure in NZ

Fantastic place to stay, really well placed on the beach. Really friendly team, would reccomend this place.

Very good atmosphere, clean, quiet at night, really enjoyed.

Great if you are planning to explore New Brighton and Sumner areas or go surfing etc. Really spacious kitchen and even a pool table and TV room. We were in room 4 (private twin room) and one of the beds was entirely broken (the single bed). It was so bad that it was better to sleep on the floor!! I'm sure this will get fixed soon, though.

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us at the Beach, we are sorry about the bed we were unaware of the problem and have since changed the bed, had you told us during your stay we would have fixed it for you, but thank you anyway for making us aware and we hope your travels go well and you have more great adventures. Thanks again for staying with us we hope to see you again. Best wishes Team Point Break

Staff were very friendly and very helpful when I had a few problems with my car. Thanks pip

• 31st Jul 2015

Friendly staff free tea and coffee and breakfast each morning. Hostel is clean only bad thing about it is it's far from the city which is about a 45min bus journey away.

• 11th Jul 2015

Almost every facility requires extra payment. It is ridiculous that they do not give breakfast on weekends.

View all Christchurch Hostels