Polaroid Siesta Hostel Reviews

Calle Frailes 28, Granada, Andalucia, Spain

By far the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in - it felt like I was staying in a nice hotel. The staff was super friendly and and helpful, it's a less than two minute walk to gran via, where there is the cathedral, shopping, and the bus stop for both the bus that goes up to the Alhambra and the bus that goes to the caves. Everything in the hostel was nice, clean, and new, and the view from the roof was amazing and there are comfy seats there. Quiet side street - not a hostel for partiers.

• 11th Apr 2014

Great overall experience, very helpful staff. Muchas gracias !

Good afternoon! Thank you for your review and for trusting us! We hope you enjoyed the stay and to see you soon! Kind regards, Polaroid Siesta Hostel Staff

Very clean. Good sized lockers. Good kitchen and bathroom facilities and common lounge with wifi in all places and a computer. No breakfast :( Reception was helpful but unfortunately only open between 9 and 21h which almost caused me to be locked out when I arrived after this time and was unable to open the door. Can't comment on atmosphere as was out of season so very few guests. Did see posters for a free walking tour but was not here long enough to make use of this.

Good afternoon! We would like to thank you for your opinion! It has been so useful, and we are working hard to change the things people did not like at all. Now we have a late check-in reception time, so even if it is closed, our staff will be available if you are here after 21 :) So thank you so much for your opinion and for trusting us! We hope you enjoyed the stay and to see you soon again! Kind regards, Polaroid Siesta Hostel Staff

I love the sturdy bunk beds at Polaroid Siesta--no squeaking with every move or anxiety about waking up your bunk-mate by turning over--and the sheets have the comforting faint smell of bleach. Bathrooms are clean, and rooms have lockers that come with small keys, so no need to lug heavy padlocks. The only downside is no breakfast.

Good afternoon! We would like to thank you for your review. It has been so useful. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and the stay. Thank you for trusting us! We all hope to see you soon. Kind regards, Polaroid Siesta Hostel Staff

if you will show up before 10am let them know before because they will be sleeping and you wont be able to get in.

• 4th Feb 2014

Good afternoon! Thank you for your review, it is always useful. We would like to apologize if that happened to you: our reception is open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sorry for the inconvenience you may have had because of the time. Thank you for trusting us, we all hope to see you soon! Kind regards, Polaroid Siesta Hostel Staff

The guest room was excellent. We appreciated having a free washing machine and clotheslines to be able to hang our laundry out to dry on the balcony. The kitchens (there were two on separate floors) were well equipped. The only drawback was the inconsistent water pressure on some taps and the lack of hot water altogether in the kitchen sinks for dishwashing. To do a sanitary rinse we had to heat water in the electric teakettle. The location was convenient and accessible via bus.

Good afternoon! Thank you for your review! It has been so useful and now we are working on the issue of the pressure and the hot water. It is always a pleassure to read opinions, because this way we can improve. Thank you for trusting us, we are glad you enjoyed the stay! We all hope to see you soon. Kind regards, Polaroid Siesta Hostel Staff

The hostel was fully equiped with everything you need. Confortable beds, clean bathrooms, beautifull rooftop, coffee and tea availible all day. However it is not a hostel where meeting people can happen easily (the common room is on the second floor, so not a lot of travelers pass by it), so the only remarque I could make is that it is not ideal for single travellers.

Good afternoon! Thank you for your review, it has been so useful. We are glad you enjoyed the stay. We have solved that, and the common room is on the first floor now: there are a stereo, lots of games and a common computer for free use :) We hope to see you soon. Thank you for trusting us! Kind regards, Polaroid Siesta Hostel Staff

It is a wonderful place, and the value for money is excellent! The staff are very nice and helpful. I'd definitely recommend it to everyone going to Granada!

• 28th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Friendly staff. I would not consider this a party hostel, but it´s great for a relaxing stay and great views of the Sierra from the roof.

A good hostel, very quiet at this time of the year. Wifi doesn't work in the dorm on 4th floor and the bathroom needs a lock. Hand towels would have also been good in all bathrooms. Beware some of the posters for excursions are summer only. But we managed to bus to monachil and do the suspension bridges on our own! Also if you book the flamenco at the venue instead of through the hostel you can save a few euros!!

After reading all the other reviews on hostelworld I decided to give Polaroid a chance being that management had indicated things had been 'improved'. Not at all. When I arrived the guy handed me a map and said I was in the first floor. I was told nothing about the hostel (check out time, facilities/amenities etc). To make matters worse there is a note on reception saying they are there at 9am everyday. On two if the three days I stayed I waited until 9.45 and still no one came. Total crap.

Very warm and helpful staff. Always there to answer your questions. They helped me out with finding my wallet and passport I had lost and now found.

• 2nd Nov 2013

Comfortable, clean, international, helpfull and easygoing. Modern and absolutely relaxing with the terrace.

Nice hostel, very central location. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful.

Great hostel, would definitely recommend. Not the best wifi reception but good enough Staff super nice

Overall location was excellent as it's very close to the main centre and old town (although a bit hard to find as it's located down some dodgy side street), along with the facilities and overall cleanliness. You can easily tell it's a rather new hostel as everything is quite modern. When I checked in the lady that was there was appalling. She hardly gave me any information about what to see, to do etc. and then just left me with the bedsheets and didn't even tell me where I had to go!

Thank you for the comment!! I am sorry to hear that you consider that the Ps Hostel Staff who did your check in was not the best! Generally our costumers always are more than happy with the assistance that we give to them! We always give the costumer a free map of the city and help them with the problems or doubts they could have! However if you think it was not the case, we can assure that you will be pleased in your next visit! Thanks!!