Poliziano inn Reviews

Via Angelo Poliziano n.27, Rome, Italy

It was clean, neither far from the train station nor far from the colosseo. Staff were also quite nice. And the best of all, it had female dorms, that gave me the sense of security.

Very disappointed, photos are misleading, as well as claiming to be a bed and breakfast, as we never had it. There are broken lockers deprecated by cardboard and broken toilet. Only one person can shower each morning as the water is freezing cold. The host isn't that friendly or welcoming and is never there! I had to let in a guest, and then inform her that I didn't know where the owner was, she left. You only get one sheet and no pillowcase, and to top it off.. Bed bugs. We got bitten to death.

BED BUGS!! Don't stay here unless you want to be covered in bites. The hostel emailed us about 6 times in 2 weeks insisting we give an exact check in time. We arrived within the hour, and no one was there to check us in. We waited in the corridor for about 90 minutes before another guest contacted her and she arrived. Front door is almost impossible to unlock, and my friend's locker door fell off in the morning. Definitely the worst hostel we had the displeasure of staying in.

If you had this kind of problem why you never comunicate nothing about it to us...mmmmm.....so is impossible to belive is true.......about your arrival, we was waiting you downstairs..but when you arrive you follow some people living in the building and you go inside by yourself...so we wait you 90 minutes down...then someone call and we realise you was up....IS BETTER WHEN YOU ARRIVE BUZZ AT THE PROPERTY AND WAIT SOMEONE ANSWER OR MEET YOU DOWN

Hostel was very small, good wifi but no where to hang out besides in your room. Not 24hr reception and staff made me feel like I was a bother to them. Nice free Italian breakfast (cappuccino and pastry) from a bar close by. Also close by tons of places to eat.

Great location but hard to find. Helpful staff. Spacious rooms. Good breakfast at a local café.

BED BUGS!!!

maybe you had in a place where you was before,sure not here

I found the room nice and it was a small dorm with friendly people which helped. My bed was single which was great no bunk so I slept good

Since I traveled many countries, I usually use to stay in hostel. I already knew, many of numbers hostels are poor in Rome. But It was more than poor in my imagine. Frankly It was very cheaper than the others but I read the many reviews and they were quite good opinion. So I chose that. But bed condition was so dirty and old, blanket as well. I couldn't use them. Also the entrance door was not easy to open. My locker was broken, so when I stayed there, I was feel nervous and uncomfortable.

Very friendly staff. Nice quiet room. Thank you for holding our bags for us while we went on our vatican tour. We made our train! Thanks!

The location was excellent, 5 minute walk to the Colosseum and Piazza Venezia. Safe area. The hostel was good for the most part. Hot shower. Lockers for your stuff. Beds were ok, but the "comforter" they give you is one thin little blanket that is about as warm as the sheet they give you. The whole place smelled like they smoked, although no smoking is allowed. Otherwise good place, would stay there again, high price but you pay for the location I guess.

• 9th May 2014

The location is quite close to the colessium, but a bit of a walk from Termini. Nice that breakfast is included. If you're looking to meet people this is not the place to be. No common area to hangout and socialize. Very simple quiet location. Most basic bed and breakfast... Reflected in the price. Had issues paying with credit... Their machine didn't work... Bring cash.

It was very difficult to find at first, but once there the colosseum is very close and there are some great restaurants nearby! The "free" breakfast is a voucher for a small cappuccino and pastry at a nearby cafe, but still a good location and good price.

Cold showers... ice cold Since staff is not on sight the bathroom is not kept stocked, meaning the toilet paper was gone very quickly No locks, and while they offer to hold your luggage until 2 the day of check out, it will possibly be left in the front hallway by the front door (which was open) and anyone can really walk up and take it without any question

• 23rd Apr 2014

The Poliziano Inn is dingy and meets the bare minimum requirements in facilities. The staff is not friendly or particularly friendly - again, meeting the bare minimum. On a positive note, the location is quite good - a 10 minute walk from the Colosseum, and close to a subway station.

I enjoyed my brief stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hostel was clean and I received a towel to shower. If you are looking to meet people, this isn't the place to go as there isn't really a lounge or a place to hang out. I just needed a bed for the night that was close to the train station, and it was perfect for that. Basic accomodations, but good value in a good location.

Very kind staff! Even though the hostel is small and minimal by means of decoration(:, it has a great location (10 mins walk from Colosseo). Totally worth the money, especially if you have limited time in Rome and need a safe & clean place to spend the night.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Turkey

Was okay for an overnight stay...clean and very basic, staff aren't there 24/7 so hard if you need help/advice. Dorm is simple along with bathroom. Breakfast is in a local cafe, wouldn't say its value for money as you don't get a choice its coffee with a "brioche" that's all so if you don't like coffee or pastries you are stuck! Had no problems with my stay though good location and quiet.

• 28th Mar 2014

very nice place

• 16th Feb 2014

The staff is very kind! And the place is great!

• 29th Jan 2014