Pollock Halls - Edinburgh First Reviews

Second time I stay at Pollock Halls - Edinburgh First

• 27th Aug 2013
  • Peru

Brilliant breakfast!

Good location, easy check in. Very good breakfast!

• 24th Aug 2013
  • Scotland

The staff were really friendly, it was pretty close to the city centre, the area felt safe and the breakfast was amazing. The only thing was the kitchen facilities - they were locked after a certain time and there was no cutlery. Otherwise, the room itself was clean with everything you'd need, I would definitely recommend it.

• 20th Aug 2013

Student accommodation, available for use outside of the university period. Good, not great facilities but over the Fringe period the best value for money option in town for a late booking. 25 min walk into town to the Royal Mile.

fire exits unclear at the beginning. Information was not easily understandable at first.

• 12th Aug 2013
  • Scotland

The only thing that disappointed me was that my rental car was sideswiped some time while I was staying there. I parked it there upon arriving from the airport and did not drive it until I left for Oban after two nights. On the way there I saw the damage. I am wondering if there is any chance that security cameras might have seen something? Otherwise, everything was very nice and a good value.

• 3rd Aug 2013

Absolutely loved this place. The halls are located right under Arthur's Seat which offers a breathtaking view from your room. My room was cleaned daily by a staff worker. There is also a complementary continental breakfast buffet. This buffet offered literally anything you would ever want for breakfast, from haggis to cereal to yogurt and fresh eggs. The location is also only a ten minute walk from the city center. I was so happy with this place and would return again.

• 14th Jul 2013

For a first stop with private rooms, Pollock Halls worked perfectly. Staff was helpful with my questions (and my jetlag), room was clean and included breakfast was extensive. Not geared toward meeting other people. but a safe, clean place to stay if needed.

Excellent place to stay! It's just 20-25 minutes walking from Old Town and 5 minutes away from Holyrood Park, which sounds good for those who love to climb the hills (I did it twice :). Calm and clean, staff is very nice and helpful. And I still remember delicious breakfast which could satisfy all tastes: traditional Scottish, continental, porridge, yogurts, fruits, etc. I'll definitely come back.

• 21st Jun 2013
  • Russia

I had a very nice stay at Pollock Halls in June 2013. I was looking for a clean and quiet single room at a good rate, and that's exactly what I found. The rooms are very clean, the breakfast is excellent (a big buffet, similar to a German youth hostel) and bus connections into the city center are quick and easy. For those seeking more privacy than a dorm at reasonable rates, this is a great option.