Pollock Halls - Edinburgh First Reviews

Pollock Halls, 18 Holyrood Park Road, Edinburgh, Scotland

I was very pleased with every thing and really surprised with the standard of the accommodation knowing it is normally student accommodation. The restaurant was amazing, everyone was catered for. A good breakfast set you up for the hectic day ahaed. Planning a return visit hopfully next year already. Thankyou.

• 17th Aug 2014

Have stayed in a number of student halls over the years and this was by far the best. Despite being very busy the noise was at a minimum. The breakfasts were great; lots of choice and good standard for canteen food. Public transport links into city centre good and right by Arthurs Seat for a climb to the top.

Good breakfasts. Bar meals, gloopy gravy Roomcleaning high standard

I was allocated a very clean, quiet, comfortable and spacious single room with plenty of cupboards and a good bathroom although handbasin a bit small. Close to bus stop for buses into central city (Waverley railway station, Princes St, North Bridge, etc). Very good breakfast included in room rate with gluten free and vegetarian options clearly labelled. I would certainly choose to stay here again.

• 8th Aug 2014

a little bit of a walk from city centre, but should be no problem for most people

Light house was clean and had a relaxed atmosphere. The restrooms were clean and although there were only 3 for the entire hostel, one per floor, I only found myself waiting once for 2 min for a restroom. This is a relaxed quiet hostel, they ask you to keep it down after 11 am. I did meet people there who wanted to go out and we hit a couple of bars Friday night. Saturday night I stayed in and watched a movie on their projector in their lounging room. Nice place.

• 7th Jun 2014

Second time I stay at Pollock Halls - Edinburgh First

• 27th Aug 2013
  • Peru

Brilliant breakfast!

Good location, easy check in. Very good breakfast!

• 24th Aug 2013
  • Scotland

The staff were really friendly, it was pretty close to the city centre, the area felt safe and the breakfast was amazing. The only thing was the kitchen facilities - they were locked after a certain time and there was no cutlery. Otherwise, the room itself was clean with everything you'd need, I would definitely recommend it.

• 20th Aug 2013

Student accommodation, available for use outside of the university period. Good, not great facilities but over the Fringe period the best value for money option in town for a late booking. 25 min walk into town to the Royal Mile.

fire exits unclear at the beginning. Information was not easily understandable at first.

The only thing that disappointed me was that my rental car was sideswiped some time while I was staying there. I parked it there upon arriving from the airport and did not drive it until I left for Oban after two nights. On the way there I saw the damage. I am wondering if there is any chance that security cameras might have seen something? Otherwise, everything was very nice and a good value.

• 3rd Aug 2013

Absolutely loved this place. The halls are located right under Arthur's Seat which offers a breathtaking view from your room. My room was cleaned daily by a staff worker. There is also a complementary continental breakfast buffet. This buffet offered literally anything you would ever want for breakfast, from haggis to cereal to yogurt and fresh eggs. The location is also only a ten minute walk from the city center. I was so happy with this place and would return again.

• 14th Jul 2013

For a first stop with private rooms, Pollock Halls worked perfectly. Staff was helpful with my questions (and my jetlag), room was clean and included breakfast was extensive. Not geared toward meeting other people. but a safe, clean place to stay if needed.

Excellent place to stay! It's just 20-25 minutes walking from Old Town and 5 minutes away from Holyrood Park, which sounds good for those who love to climb the hills (I did it twice :). Calm and clean, staff is very nice and helpful. And I still remember delicious breakfast which could satisfy all tastes: traditional Scottish, continental, porridge, yogurts, fruits, etc. I'll definitely come back.

• 21st Jun 2013
  • Russia

I had a very nice stay at Pollock Halls in June 2013. I was looking for a clean and quiet single room at a good rate, and that's exactly what I found. The rooms are very clean, the breakfast is excellent (a big buffet, similar to a German youth hostel) and bus connections into the city center are quick and easy. For those seeking more privacy than a dorm at reasonable rates, this is a great option.

The hotel is very good except for the location which is not in the heart of the city,and not the ideal location for the tourist.

Pollock Halls is a tremendously safe, welcoming environment. I travel as a group leader with students from St. Andrew's College, Ontario, Canada and this is a perfect spot to have as our home base while in Edinburgh. The staff are extremely helpful, the rooms are very clean and the residence is located in a spectacular area. It's a fantastic experience for us and a huge part of our Scotland experience. Well Done!!

• 2nd Jul 2012

quite expensive for halls of residence

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5