Ponsonby Backpackers Reviews

2 franklin rd , ponsonby , auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

Amazing place to stay for a short or long time. It's a place that really feels like home, quiet and respectful. The Ponsonby area is great for dining, drinking and full of artistic people. Women bathroom are pretty small and paying for the Wifi is annoying but the garden, BBQ and TV areas are great to enjoy with the other guests. I will comme back there for sure.

Great hostel in a great part of town! It's on the smaller side, which gives it a really and homey feel. They have all sorts of spices and even some cooking oils for use in the kitchen along with free tea and coffee. There's a cute backyard too. Really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely stay again.

Thanks for the flawless review :) :) :) Our backyard and "Home away from Home feel is deffintly one of our highlights!

Great place to start (or end) your holiday in NZ!

Thanks for your great review, Here at Pb we can assist guests at the start of their epic Nz Journeys or at the end :)

I liked the hostel. The location is very good. The hostel also offer lots of facilities. The only problem that I had was an uncorfortable bed.

Thanks for making time to leave us a review, We have looked into your comment and now there is a new fresh mattress there :) So thanks for bringing this to our attention! enjoy beautiful Nz!

Cleanest hostel. Friendly staff.

The location of the hostel was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful in giving us directions to the local supermarket which was just a 5 minute walk away. The only criticism I would give to this hostel is that the restrooms were very cramped and the showers needed a good scrub down. Other than that the bed was comfy and clean.

Thanks for the great feedback! We do clean our bathrooms on a daily basis and carry out checks during the day, We apologize if you didn't think they were up to standard. Have a great trip and hope to see you again here at Ponsonby Backpackers.

Ponsonby is the best! Friendly atmosphere, helpful staff, well equipped kitchen, and a great garden area perfect for relaxing on a sunny afternoon. Also probably the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. I loved this place and ended up extending my stay several times. Much better than staying in the immediate city centre, although it's not far away. I'll definitely stay here again next time I'm in Auckland.

Thanks so much for leaving your lovely feedback! It was such a pleasure to have you here and we do hope that you are enjoying your time in NZ! Make sure you visit us again next time you are in Auckland! Cheers, The PB Team

Incredible hostel - Clean rooms & facilities, friendly staff, great atmosphere for meeting people. Great location in Ponsonby, easy access to the city center as well. Would happily visit again!

Thanks for the great feedback, and hopefully see you again here at PB!

Decent hostel but the staff didn't promote a fun or welcoming atmosphere. They don't offer any information about things going on or attempt to get the guests involved in anything fun at the hostel.

Hi Simon, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. It's a shame you feel this way, upon checkin we give every guest a map and explain to them about all of the things that they can do and see while in Auckland and offer lots of information. We also host nights for our guests such as movie nights in the winter and BBQ's in the Summer. We are however not at all a party hostel, more of a chilled out and relaxing place. Never-the-less, thanks for leaving your comments, The PB Team

Bathrooms are a little tight. Staff are great. Not much for group activities, or social events.

Coming into Summer we will be having events happening in the hostel weekly, thanks for your feedback. Enjoy beautiful NZ!