Ponsonby Backpackers Reviews

2 franklin rd , ponsonby , auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

Very cute hostel near the Ponsonby area, which has a lot of restaurants and bars. We had a lovely stay during our time in Auckland.

All in all Good, friendly stuff, a bit fare away from the city centre

Lovely welcoming hostel, friendly staff, made to feel very at home.

• 22nd Jun 2013

Nice hostel. Good location with nice restaurants/bars nearby.

we were very well looked after

• 6th Jun 2013

Nice if you want to stay out of the way of the city centre but you will need go catch a bus to

I didn´t think much of this place. Did nothing to stand out. Needs a facelif, especially the rooms

Thank you for a wonderful stay. I was here for one night on my way back to Christchurch. The staff here are very friendly - that probably impressed me the most and of course, it's in an amazing location. I had a nice leisurely stroll walking down Ponsonby Road and then down Karangahape Road then to Queens Street. Shopping around this area was so much fun. Will definitely recommend.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this awesome feedback! So lovely to meet you, hope you will come and stay with us again on your next trip to Auckland! Take care, Cheers The Pb Team

Thanks for the nice stay at your place!

• 29th Apr 2013

Pretty much the best place I have ever stayed! Thanks Ponsonby Staff esp Holly, Made this home sick American traveler feel at home again.

• 25th Apr 2013

LOVE the feedback, you were a very cool guest! You are welcome to come back to your home away from home anytime :-) So make sure you stop by on your next visit to Auckland! Cheers, Holly

for me a bit to silent since I was looking to meet some people to get some beers during my time in Auckland, but the location is out of the business of the city center but still just 5 min. with the bus or 15 min walk away. very clean and nice place!

• 23rd Apr 2013

Staff are sharp and attentive to details. They were also very quick to respond to our booking changes. Nicely run operation, and we'd definitely stay here again if in Auckland.

• 12th Apr 2013

Great hostel to post up at before your NZ journey. Walk to and from skytower wasn't even bad either!! Restaurants in Ponsonby were awesome too. Good community feel here and a lot of people staying here for extended time.

Hey William, Thanks for the awesome comments! We are stoked that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you here again in the future, Cheers Holly (Manager)

I think the bathroom/shower/ toilet need to be upgraded, they are very small and narrow, not enough space to put things, not easy to get in/out shower.

• 28th Mar 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback, we really appreciate it. We are currently looking at upgrading our bathrooms and are aware that they are not ideal. However we do clean them very regularly and try to keep them in as good a state as we can :-)

Really friendly atmosphere! I had a good time there!

• 28th Mar 2013

Thanks Camille, hope to see you again next time you're in Auckland ;-)

Lovely Atmoshere, I like the historical building! It is close to everything, supermarket, Ponsonby central,... But the upstairs bathroom is very small and there aren`t enough hooks or hangers in the shower to put your clothes on.

Although we only stayed only for 1 night, leave very early in the next morning. Still, we received a great, warm, cheerful help from their staff. Ponsonby close to everything, easy to get food, easy to get to the supermarket. We have a clean double room, with a bathroom just out of our door. The room is value for money with large space and both of me and my husband like the fancy sofa in room. We highly recommend Ponsonby to everyone who want to visit Auckland!

• 26th Mar 2013
  • Hong Kong

Very friendly and helpful staff. Double room had a very comfortable bed, would have been better with bedside lights. Enjoyed visit but bathrooms were tiny - very cramped getting into toilets and showers because of the way the doors are hung.

Reception was great. The room was nice and spacious, a bit more light would have made it better. Bathroom was OK. Quiet and beautiful neighbourhood, not too far from CBD.

• 18th Mar 2013
  • Argentina

Beautiful in every way xx

• 16th Mar 2013