Ponsonby Backpackers Reviews

2 franklin rd , ponsonby , auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

The location of the hostel was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful in giving us directions to the local supermarket which was just a 5 minute walk away. The only criticism I would give to this hostel is that the restrooms were very cramped and the showers needed a good scrub down. Other than that the bed was comfy and clean.

Thanks for the great feedback! We do clean our bathrooms on a daily basis and carry out checks during the day, We apologize if you didn't think they were up to standard. Have a great trip and hope to see you again here at Ponsonby Backpackers.

Ponsonby is the best! Friendly atmosphere, helpful staff, well equipped kitchen, and a great garden area perfect for relaxing on a sunny afternoon. Also probably the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. I loved this place and ended up extending my stay several times. Much better than staying in the immediate city centre, although it's not far away. I'll definitely stay here again next time I'm in Auckland.

Thanks so much for leaving your lovely feedback! It was such a pleasure to have you here and we do hope that you are enjoying your time in NZ! Make sure you visit us again next time you are in Auckland! Cheers, The PB Team

Incredible hostel - Clean rooms & facilities, friendly staff, great atmosphere for meeting people. Great location in Ponsonby, easy access to the city center as well. Would happily visit again!

Thanks for the great feedback, and hopefully see you again here at PB!

Decent hostel but the staff didn't promote a fun or welcoming atmosphere. They don't offer any information about things going on or attempt to get the guests involved in anything fun at the hostel.

Hi Simon, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. It's a shame you feel this way, upon checkin we give every guest a map and explain to them about all of the things that they can do and see while in Auckland and offer lots of information. We also host nights for our guests such as movie nights in the winter and BBQ's in the Summer. We are however not at all a party hostel, more of a chilled out and relaxing place. Never-the-less, thanks for leaving your comments, The PB Team

Bathrooms are a little tight. Staff are great. Not much for group activities, or social events.

Coming into Summer we will be having events happening in the hostel weekly, thanks for your feedback. Enjoy beautiful NZ!

Extremely helpful and friendly staff- they go above and beyond to make you welcome and help with whatever you need!!

• 16th Aug 2013

Thanks for the awesome feedback, hope to see you next time you are in Auckland!

This is one of the best hostels that I have stayed in. The Building has lots of character and each room is different which is a nice change to the big impresonal hostels you get. The staff are awesome, I kinda messed up my booking... a lot.... and the two reception staff Mae and Holly were awesome, they really helped me out and were very understanding. The Ponsonby area is cool too, only 10 mins walk to city and amazing restaurants/bars to explore.

• 15th Aug 2013

Perfect location, just in the middle of the wonderfull Ponsonby quarter! Very charming house!

This is my second favorite hostel in Auckland. Room are so spacious and clean. There are security locks and extra drawer in the room. Nice backyard. Staff is friendly. Bathroom is a little small. Only 5 minutes walk to Ponsonby Rd where you can shop, eat or hop on the bus to the Civic Center.

It's very clean and warm hostel. Lovely shops around on ponsonby road but it takes about 30min to get queen street on foot. Highly recomend to someone whol want to stay away from city center but not far from city center.

Loved staying here, lovely environment and exceptional staff. The bathrooms were a bit squishy though and it got a little cold at night, other than that, fantastic!

Thanks for your feedback! Our bathrooms can feel a little compact but we keep them spotlessly clean to make sure they are as comfortable as possible. We do have heaters in the rooms and provide extra blankets and hot water bottles upon request if it's a little cold too :-) but still, thanks for the great feedback!

just double check some of your mattresses - some are a little thin!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we hope this did not affect your stay and hope to see you next time you are in Auckland! :-)

Fantastic hostel. Great atmosphere to the place, nice layout/furniture etc. Even a good location! Only downside is that you have to buy the internet, which is at $30 per 1GB. Nonetheless, would recommend.

Only stayed for one night but the place seemed nice enough, we stayed outside in the adjoining building so we had to go outside to get to the bathroom.

I extended my stay here twice now and I can definitely recommend the place it is clean and charming setting in an old Victorian style house. You have everything you need including a cozy common area, a big kitchen and a super nice garden. There are enough showers in the hostel, I did not have to wait for a shower once even though they were fully booked. Really important, the Staff is very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Cheers!

Very cute hostel near the Ponsonby area, which has a lot of restaurants and bars. We had a lovely stay during our time in Auckland.

All in all Good, friendly stuff, a bit fare away from the city centre

Lovely welcoming hostel, friendly staff, made to feel very at home.

• 22nd Jun 2013

Nice hostel. Good location with nice restaurants/bars nearby.

we were very well looked after

• 6th Jun 2013