Ponsonby Backpackers Reviews

2 franklin rd , ponsonby , auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

Extremely helpful and friendly staff- they go above and beyond to make you welcome and help with whatever you need!!

• 16th Aug 2013

Thanks for the awesome feedback, hope to see you next time you are in Auckland!

This is one of the best hostels that I have stayed in. The Building has lots of character and each room is different which is a nice change to the big impresonal hostels you get. The staff are awesome, I kinda messed up my booking... a lot.... and the two reception staff Mae and Holly were awesome, they really helped me out and were very understanding. The Ponsonby area is cool too, only 10 mins walk to city and amazing restaurants/bars to explore.

• 15th Aug 2013

Perfect location, just in the middle of the wonderfull Ponsonby quarter! Very charming house!

This is my second favorite hostel in Auckland. Room are so spacious and clean. There are security locks and extra drawer in the room. Nice backyard. Staff is friendly. Bathroom is a little small. Only 5 minutes walk to Ponsonby Rd where you can shop, eat or hop on the bus to the Civic Center.

It's very clean and warm hostel. Lovely shops around on ponsonby road but it takes about 30min to get queen street on foot. Highly recomend to someone whol want to stay away from city center but not far from city center.

Loved staying here, lovely environment and exceptional staff. The bathrooms were a bit squishy though and it got a little cold at night, other than that, fantastic!

Thanks for your feedback! Our bathrooms can feel a little compact but we keep them spotlessly clean to make sure they are as comfortable as possible. We do have heaters in the rooms and provide extra blankets and hot water bottles upon request if it's a little cold too :-) but still, thanks for the great feedback!

just double check some of your mattresses - some are a little thin!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we hope this did not affect your stay and hope to see you next time you are in Auckland! :-)

Fantastic hostel. Great atmosphere to the place, nice layout/furniture etc. Even a good location! Only downside is that you have to buy the internet, which is at $30 per 1GB. Nonetheless, would recommend.

Only stayed for one night but the place seemed nice enough, we stayed outside in the adjoining building so we had to go outside to get to the bathroom.

I extended my stay here twice now and I can definitely recommend the place it is clean and charming setting in an old Victorian style house. You have everything you need including a cozy common area, a big kitchen and a super nice garden. There are enough showers in the hostel, I did not have to wait for a shower once even though they were fully booked. Really important, the Staff is very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Cheers!

Very cute hostel near the Ponsonby area, which has a lot of restaurants and bars. We had a lovely stay during our time in Auckland.

All in all Good, friendly stuff, a bit fare away from the city centre

Lovely welcoming hostel, friendly staff, made to feel very at home.

• 22nd Jun 2013

Nice hostel. Good location with nice restaurants/bars nearby.

we were very well looked after

• 6th Jun 2013

Nice if you want to stay out of the way of the city centre but you will need go catch a bus to

I didn´t think much of this place. Did nothing to stand out. Needs a facelif, especially the rooms

Thank you for a wonderful stay. I was here for one night on my way back to Christchurch. The staff here are very friendly - that probably impressed me the most and of course, it's in an amazing location. I had a nice leisurely stroll walking down Ponsonby Road and then down Karangahape Road then to Queens Street. Shopping around this area was so much fun. Will definitely recommend.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this awesome feedback! So lovely to meet you, hope you will come and stay with us again on your next trip to Auckland! Take care, Cheers The Pb Team

Thanks for the nice stay at your place!

• 29th Apr 2013

Pretty much the best place I have ever stayed! Thanks Ponsonby Staff esp Holly, Made this home sick American traveler feel at home again.

• 25th Apr 2013

LOVE the feedback, you were a very cool guest! You are welcome to come back to your home away from home anytime :-) So make sure you stop by on your next visit to Auckland! Cheers, Holly