Ponte di Mezzo B&B Reviews

Piazza Garibaldi, 12, Pisa, Italy

I stayed at the B&B for 4 nights. I booked a single room, which had a double bed, a french balcony with a view over the piazza, satelite tv and airco, for very, very cheap. Value for money might be the best in town!! The B&B is three stairs up with a few rooms, 2 nice and clean bathrooms, and a cafe where you can eat your breakfast, so no further facilities. Unfortunately the Bazeel was under construction so couldn't enjoy that. I would definately recommend Ponte di Mezzo!

• 24th Jul 2014

Very noisy restuarant below with outdoor seating filled with college students. Piazza Garibaldi is a hangout for students until 3am.

As usual, for this hostel, I had to wait before I could check in

Though location was good and not far away from the turistic points, I got there on a Saturday night when at the bar downstairs was the regular Saturday party. Even I stayed there there for a while, but come one... the party lasted until 4 am. You couldn't get much sleep. I personally believe it's too expensive for the money they ask. The room was clean but not ready when I arrived and had to wait 2 hours. Plus it's been so small, didn't really looked designed for a room. I wouldn't go there!!!

A good hostel

This review has been acknowledged by the customer as erroneous. He was thinking to another B&B he staid in the same period as he kindly explained when we contacted him to understand what the problem was.

The staff is friendly. There are two bathrooms so that when one is occupide there is still another to use. There is a refrigerator. The first night I stayed at a double with a large sofa, a TV set, and a wonderful view of the river. The second night I moved to a single room, and the only thing I didn’t like was that the previous guest smoked there.

The location is excellent, in the center close to both train station and "Campo dei miracoli". Moreover from the hostel the view on Arno river is amazing, morning and evening especially. Then the staff is so polite. Definitely recommended.

I suggest to install some safes in the rooms, besides this it is all what you need in a room. Also a slightly bigger breakfast would be very nice! Besides i want to emphasize a waitress and employee who was extraordinary friendly with name natália barbarojja. keep her as long as you can ;-) and thanks for the great days in pisa.

• 16th Jun 2012

Well located at a busy sqaure at the Arno river with a great view! But people on the square are very noisy in the evenings / at night (we didn't have a problem with it). Staff is working in a hip bar and doesn't really have time to take care for the B&B guests. But I still recommend this nice little accomodation!

The location of this hostel is fantastic if you want to be right in the middle of town, but it noisy at night as it is right above a bar. Check in is at the bar itself, as is breakfast which is really not great, unless you like overly sugary strawberry milk and a single very chocolatey croissant. The bar staff are not very interested in people staying in the hostel, and when we checked in were much busier with customers buying drinks. We did not feel very welcome.

The location is perfect, 15 minutes by walk from train station, and the same distance from Leaning Tower. The square on which hostel is located is crowded during the night, you can find there gelateria, pizzeria..Hostel is clean. Very good place to stay! There should be just information on website that keys to rooms you can find in bar on the corner. It would help. But anyway next time for sure I will stay in this hostel!

This hostel is perfect for exploring Pisa. Firstly, you need to check in at bar ‘Bazeel’ in Piazza Garibaldi. The room I stayed in was great, with a fridge and TV and really good air conditioning. The facilities were clean and adequate. The Piazza is busy until around 1-2am depending on the day so not the quietest, but it has a great gelateria and a few places to get a drink. The hostel is at the midway point between Piazza dei Miracoli and the train station, with each a 10 minute walk away.

The b&b is located in one of the noisiest place of Pisa. I couldn't sleep until 3am...

You have to check-in in the bar as the hostel belongs to it. The staff was really friendly. There are parties going on in the bar, so you can meet with people, also on the square right in front of the hotel. We had a view on the Arno river, superb!

Very nice, excellent location at the center of the city! The shower was a bit cold, but otherwise everything was great. Some explanation that you need to get the keys at the bar should be written on the info page.

• 29th Dec 2010

Perfectly located in the very heart of the town. A better location is not possible. We had a room with view on the River Arno - great! The Piazza Garibaldi is a meeting point for youngsters. One evening the music in the bar below was somewhat noisy, but it stopped at exactly 01.00 o'clock.

Un B&B muy bueno, limpio, ubicado en la misma plaza Garibaldi, con vistas panorámicas hacia el río, espectacular. Baño compartido impecable, todo limpio. Lo recomiendo 100%

The room was new, nice and clean (plus I had an amazing view of the river!), breakfast all right (have it outside, in the square). Giuvani (not sure it is the right spelling!), the owner, was very kind, as well as the girls a the bar. The location is perfect, right in the city centre. Fair price. Hint: on my way back, I walked to the station, no taxi, it's 10 mins, pedestrian area. Bye!

• 4th Aug 2010
  • Scotland

Very nice little place. Definitely hard to find, but I really enjoying the room and the location was perfect for me.

View all Pisa Bed and Breakfasts