Pop' Hostel Reviews

17 rue de la République, Avignon, France

I stayed in this hostel for the festival d'Avignon. I reserved a single room, which costed me around 130 euros. The location is excellent, in the center of Old Avignon and very close to Palais des Papes....However; the staircases were falling apart and the bricks crease and some were broken. The room I reserved was quite small and lacked some basic commodities. soaps and toothpaste. The common bathrooms and showers were quite dirty.

Very good location

Private rooms ensuite in 4 th floor are better. Less noise and more confortable.

The staff (a girl) was super rude, when I asked for a hairdryer, saying she that she doesn't have it and treat me without respect and consideration- showing to much attitude for someone that works with customer service, I didn't appreciated it.

I don't know.. My schedule punked up and I forgot to cancel the reservation, which was more awful. But i think it is a nice hostel..

The location for this hostel is fantastic! It's right in the centre and a very short walk to the train/bus station and to everything there is to see in Avignon. Our room was very big, cool and bright. You get curtains over your bed to give you privacy too. I would definitely stay here again.

The hostel is really nice and modern. It is in an awesome location, close to everything you need. The facilities in the dorms were amazing, but the "kitchen" only really contains a microwave, kettle. In saying this, the kitchenette is still handy and they have a fridge for you to use. The only slight downfall to Pop' is that the hostel is lacking a bit of atmosphere.

Nice location. Just a few minutes walk to the central station and other tourist attractions . Curtain over the bed provide you privacy. The bathroom is clean, but the light turn off suddenly when you are showering. It is free to left your luggage in the storage room before 2.30p.m. If you get your luggage after 2:30 pm, it will cost you 2 euro.

the only thing is the staff there. They are kind of not interested in helping the customers at all. They ask me 2 euros for storing luggage which is fine. However, when i come back, they just sit outside smoking. Even though they saw me standing in front of the reception, they show no interest to ask me what I need. So eventually i find the my luggage is just behind door, no security no whatsoever. They even ask me money for it. It is just rediculous.

The kitchen is not a kitchen.

Great location and easy to find. Small kitchenette which was filthy and smelt, no ventilation and no fridge or storage facilities. Rooms were spacious. Bathrooms limited and lacked cleanliness. Good common areas, bar area to purchase drinks which was handy.

The stay in the hostel was ok. The staff were mostly very nice, but some also pretty disinterested. Unfortunately, it was not really cozy. The location is nearly perfect, right in the middle of the old town and close to the train station.

Each bed was equipped with a light, 2 USB ports, and 2 charging points as well as a privacy curtain which was excellent. The bathroom could have been cleaner and be separate for each gender. There was also an issue with a lack of railing on the top bunk which could potentially be dangerous. Each person got provided with a large locker space which was useful and everything was within walking distance.

Great place to stay! Love the facility and it was very clean. Just one thing, breakfast should be free :)

Amazing location! But no kitchen!

Lovely hostel. I really enjoyed my stay

It took me a while to figure out what exactly the 'Pop' in 'Pop hostel' actually meant, but then it hit me, it actually stood for popular culture! That being said, you could find more pop culture in Kruschev's USSR during the height of the cold war than you could in this place. Seeing as how the lack of people staying at the place is the opposite of the very meaning of the word 'popular' i'd say this place was not very aptly named.

Four bed room, only two lockers - that's not so good. Would be nice to have somewhere to hang clothes/store in room.

Perfect location in Avignon -- easy to find and close to the important parts. The staff was friendly and helped me organize my trip to the Pont du Gard by bus. They also know all the tour companies. Rooms and bathrooms are spartan but very clean and have great views. Beds with light, power outlets and privacy curtain were great. Wifi was really slow, even in the common room. Skip connecting to Wifi and just use the comps they have. Also more worthwhile to get breakfast at Carrefour than here.

I stay here in one night in Private room, the facilities is good, big shower room, enough area to place luggage, and key entrance is so cool. If you stay in Avignon in short time, I recommend Pop Hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4