Pop' Hostel Reviews

17 rue de la République, Avignon, France

Pop' Hostel was amazing!! Super clean and located in the heart of Avignon! Would definitely stay again. The hostel was super clean, the rooms were well laid out and each individual bed had its own light and power source. Loved having the curtain. There were large under bed lockers that fit our large packs (we're backpacking/hostel hoppin). The staff was super friendly and helpful. Had a great stay!

Great chilled out hostel which reflects Provence with very helpful staff who can give you a helping hand for exploring the area. The location was amazing in the middle of the old city as well with everything close by and easy to walk to. Certainly a hostel I would return to in a heart beat.

Location is central avignon so it's perfect for seeing the whole city. The happy hour prices are great for wine and the beds in dorms have curtains to pull shut which was fantastic for times when others wanted the lights on. Shower was hard to get in and out of because of the door and the kitchen had nothing but a microwave, not even a fridge. It made figuring out meals hard unless you're planning to eat out every meal. Staff was great and common area was nice.

Staff were amazing and so warm, helpful and kind (I felt like they were my friends!), location couldn't have been better and the place was super clean. I had the most pleasant and wonderful stay!

• 6th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

There is a kitchen but besides the microwave, there is nothing else.

Be aware that there is no fridge if you plan on cooking!! But best location and good pricing, I had a great stay overall!

• 31st Mar 2015

Very good hostel. The breakfast is just a croissant and a piece of bread, so not really worth it. But otherwise it was a great stay. Wifi in the rooms, 2 outlets in each bed, personal lights. Friendly and helpful staff.

lovely staff and very social (try Louis soup kitchen, the owners are so lovely) the showers could be a little better but they're good enough, and have hot water so it's fine.

Right in the middle of the walled city, so perfect for sightseeing. Good breakfast.

i think in France it has been the best hostel I stayed at. Would come back one day.

Very great location! easy to walk to from train station and easy to get anywhere. Staff is very nice, pretty clean facilities. Very cheap bar, and realxed atmosphere

The staff at Pop hostel were absolutely fabulous and helpful- they booked a tour for me and checked if there was anything I needed. The common space near the bar was fabulous. The only two issues were the lack of a kitchen (which is clear in the description) and an issue with powerpoints (you don't always have one next to your bed. I was fine with this but if it is essential for you perhaps you can request one of the bunks if you are in a room of four). Keep up the fabulous work!

Very cool and modern hostel with awesome rooms! We stayed in a 8-bed mixed room where every bed has it's one light, socket and curtain for privacy. The shared bathroom was big enough and very clean. The building outside is a classic old one (i really liked it) but inside is like new! The only doesn't worth thing is the breakfast cause it costs 5€ for one croissant, a half baguette, marmalade, butter, some juice and coffee. Location is just perfect cause it's on the main road of this tiny city :)

Really enjoyed my two-night stay in this hostel. All areas were spotlessly clean, beds were very comfortable. Especially appreciated the curtains around the beds for extra privacy- definitely facilitated a good night's sleep. Rooms were also very big and spacious. I thought my eight-bed dorm would be squashed but not at all. Shower pressure was good and there was constant hot-water. There are limited kitchen facilities- just a kettle and sink. No fridge or cooker. Would stay again. :)

This hostel is in a very good location. The staff speaks English and was very kind. The kitchen is really not a kitchen with a funky smell. I was in a 8bed mixed dorm the room facing the street and it was a bit noisy, cars and drunk people yelling, etc.

This place is in a great location and they have an excellent happy hour with local wine and nibbles. The bunks have curtains for a bit of privacy and they all have reading lights. Highly recommended.

Nice little hostel. Even though they don't have a kitchen they do have a microwave and a kettle which were handy. Great location in a really nice city. Staff were lovely. Only complaint was having to shower in the dark due to dodgy motion sensors. Overall very good though and would stay again.

I didn't like that there was mold on the wall for the shower facilities, and that there wasn't a place to put your things while showering, normally I'd put my stuff on the floor or hang it but the floor wasn't clean in the bathroom area and there weren't many hooks. Their luggage storage system for the rooms was good and the curtains on the bed were nice to block out the light if someone came in late. I think the breakfast is good for what's paid, I was able to save some to eat later in the day.

I loved staying at pop' hostel, I had a single room with on suite bathroom. The staff was absolutely lovely, the room was clean and quiet and it doesn't get more central than that. Will recommend it for sure! Great value for money!

A great hostel with a fantastic communal area and well equipped kitchen. The atmosphere was great and this was actually one of the best hostels I've stayed at in my 8 months of travels - definitely recommend!