Pop' Hostel Reviews

17 rue de la République, Avignon, France

The dorm on the front side has some noise in early morning. I guess they were collecting garbage or cleaning the road plus some people shouting at each other. Everything else was fine. Nice breakfast.

Great hostel. The Bucks had individual curtains for privacy and lock ups for your personal belongings.

Friendly stuff, nice location, but... We spent an awful night because of the old, noisy beds! We were 4 in the dorm, and we heard each and every move of each other!

The toilets and showers were disgusting because noone cared to leave them clean! The room itself was awesome, though, apart from a few people not caring about anyone else’s sleep.

Special thanks to Fabian for making my stay all the more pleasant and to Fanny for retrieving my lost phone; you're awesome!

I believe in giving a impartial review, even though I hated my stay at Pop hostel due to staff who treat you like a commodity and want nothing from your money (with the exception of one young german). The hostel was in a great location. The bar is a nice place to chill out after a long day out. Rooms are good but they are not cleaned very well same with the toilet and showers.

Excellent location and facilities, nice bar, everything you need. The staff was a bit cold, something I found true in most places I stayed on this trip through the south of France.

I found one of the two other female guests in my dorm screaming for help as the only male guest tried to rape her. The man, in his 50s, was completely naked trying to shut her mouth up as he tried to touch her. Luckily, we could stop him on time. To sum up, I am disappointed on the way they proceeded: Instead of calling the police, they moved the guy into another dorm with 2 girls inside (finally they moved in with us). Next day, another hostel staff reacted saying " well, it can happen"!

While this hostel has a good location and was very nice and clean, a series of incidents occurred that were not safe for female guests in multiple rooms, and the staff did not deal with these in a way that was appropriate for the situation or that considered the safety of other guests. I would not stay here again and would caution others about staying in shared rooms here.

I really wish that Pop Hostel was better. It's so close to being awesome, but isn't. At all. it's grubby, the 'kitchen' is just a microwave, I paid for a 4 bed dorm but there was a 5th bed put in, the internet kept dropping out. Some of the staff are really great though, and I think that if only they tightened things up a bit it could be a really awesome hostel. But they have zero competition, and if you can't find anything better on AirBnb then you don't have a choice to to stay here. It's OK.

Met some great people here! The bar and happy hour definitely helps that part. black mold in the showers though. like huge spots.

Dirty town, dirty hotel... Upgraded to private room and it certainly wasn't worth the money. Would never go again...

I stayed here just overnight, so I had no opportunity to see the city or experience most of what the hostel had to offer. But it was great. A good location, with a nice bar with some snacks. The receptionist was very helpful when I needed some assistance with booking my train. It's a little pricey, but it is very nice. Privacy curtains and 2 plugs by every single bed! I would stay here again.

Very nice hostel, clean and spacious, felt more like a hotel. Ensuite rooms and bar area were good, however there were no kitchen facilities past a sink and microwave and the kitchenette smelt awful. Could have offered more social activities. Receptionist helpful.

Some of the staff are with totally different to English speaking guests. The kitchen is aweful and there is only the microwave which is too simple. Not value for our money spent!

One of the Best hostels I've been to.

City center location and very clear. One important thing is it has a good air conditioning which is very important if you come in hot summer.

· Individual lights/outlets, and curtains could be drawn around the bed for privacy · There were not ensuite showers/washrooms, just a sink in the room and 2 shared showers for all the dorms · Located right on the main street of Avignon, across from a bakery! · Luggage storage in a room across from reception · Solid, dependable wifi available in the rooms and central areas

great location, really close to everything. nice bunk beds and rooms, however the bathrooms were dirty and tiny. also there isnt a kitchen, only a kitchenette with a microwave, no stove, no kettle and no toaster.

Excellent location right in central Avignon and a walk from the central sation. Excellent multi-language staff. Curtains on bunkbeds offer privacy and the "Sleeptight" powerbar for each bunk incl. USB power and individual light is wonderful. All hostels should be like this.

« first « Prev 1 2 3