Pop' Hostel Reviews

17 rue de la République, Avignon, France

Quiet, clean, calm, and perfect location! The hostel is in the city center and also near Avignon Central station. If you want to make day trips in the area, this is a great place to base your stay!

Computers for use are excellent, lots of room to hangout by the bar and cheap happy hour drinks. Rooms are really spacious with private curtains chargers and lockers that roll ot from underneath the bed. The bunks do squeak a bit but they are really big and sturdy so I was surprised by that. Overall a nicer hostel for sure.

Other than the fact that there's not kitchen, this place is fine. The staff is helpful, and the location is good. Rooms are clean. If you ask, the staff will stick a bottle of milk or something small in the fridge for you, but otherwise there's no kitchen. Other than that, I'd recommend it.

Loved this hostel! It was very clean, big, and bright, with very friendly staff. Location was superb, just a few steps from Maison Nani, a wonderful little bistro with very good prices. Because it faces the main street, it may be a little bit noisy at night, but once we moved to the upper floors it got a lot better. WiFi was slow and somewhat intermittent but sufficient for looking up travel information. I wish the elevator was in working order though.

nice hostel. only minus point is that there is no kitchen which is worth the word.

Really nice hostel, one of the best i have ever been to. Great location, nice facilities, large and comfortable rooms and beds. The staff was really cool, always ready to help you out. Internet connection was good and you also can use computers there. The onlye thing is that you only have a kitchenet, that should have plates, knives and forks (you have to ask for them at the bar). But nothing serious, and you can really feel comfortable staying here. Fabien, good job!

Very nice!!!

• 1st Mar 2014

The kitchen was a bit too simple. We would suggest to have a kettle at each floor. We stayed on the 4th floor and it was a bit inconvenient for us to have to go down to the first floor for some hot water.

Save for a very disrespectful woman staying in my dorm room, the stay was actually decent. The atmosphere is good, internet works, the bed looked clean. There where two showers on my floor and you had to be a circus expert to manoeuvre into one of the showers, but it worked and was warm. Great happy hour value for drinks.

Had a wonderful stay, the staff was more than helpful and amazing. The happy hour deals made staying in the hostel before dinner a great benefit.

• 13th Feb 2014

Nice place, however bad security and poor management.

Thank you for your comment, However I can't let you saying that kind of things… About the security, each person has an individual magnetic key which opens the floor door and only his room, and just people from the hostel can open the main entrance door…. We also have cctv in the main area! Do we have to make finger print to make the hostel safer? About the management, I'd like to know what has been the problem… if any please let us know to improve our service...

This hostel was great. We loved our short time here. Dorms were great with their curtains!

I was in a single room. So very comfy but it was not good that I cant control thermometer

I love the location - along the main street between the train station and the papal palace. Access to the main door, the corridors and the rooms are by electronic key card. The dorm beds have individual curtains, which are great for privacy. However the washbasin in my room is clogged, and the shared bathroom on my floor has only one washbasin (which was forever occupied). Because of that, I didn't brush my teeth for 1 night (as I was too tired to wait).

The breakfast isn't good and it doesn't worth the money, do not pay extra for the breakfast. The hostel is great, I'll come back and defenitively i recommend this place.

A modern furnished hostel, extraordinary well situated, not far away from main and bus station. The old town and all the tourist places are just around the corner. Lovely stuff members. They all support the guests with good advice. Unfortunately, there were bed bugs (punaises de lit) in my room. I got a new bed in a new room. The day after, my previous bed was rent to someone else again, as if there was no problem. What a paradise for those little monsters. What a bad feeling for me.

This is a top-notch hostel.

Value for money is the best advantage of this hostel. cool

• 23rd Nov 2013
  • South Korea

Fabulous location right in the historical centre . The staff were very friendly assisting with my queries, the room was immaculately clean and it was quiet , so a good nights sleep was guaranteed. I would strongly recommend this hostel to any traveller and will definitely stay here again. It was convenient to have a small kitchen available with microwave to heat a meal. A really great stay.

• 20th Nov 2013

Amazing accommodation, clean, great location, lockers, unfortunately have to pay to keep your bags if you arrive before 12. Also unfortunate that older travellers staying at the hostel can sometimes make for a more unpleasant stay