Popol Vuh Reviews

Calle 2 norte con zona federal mar�tima y 5a Av., Col. Centro, Quintana Roo, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

With a superbe location right in the heart of Playa del Carmen (5min from the ADO-busterminal und 5min from the ferry to Cozumel) this hostel tops it with clean rooms (privat) and clean shared bathrooms (with hot water). All shops, restaurants, washsaloon etc. you need are nearby. The place is quite at night (no disturbance form nearby restaurants or clubs). The staff was friendly and helpful. Wifi stable and fast. No breakfast but good kitchen. We highly recommend this place.

The reception was right next to my room, and the dude working in there had his music up crazy loud all the time. It was super loud in my room. I only stayed one night though as I was sick and couldn't stay an extra night in the hostel I was originally in.

Thank you very much for your review, sorry you guys were sick during your staying with us and also because of the loud music in the reception office. By the way I remember asked you; how were you doing and if everything was alright and you guys answered; yes but we are sick and tired, I would have turned down the music even off if I would had known that was bothering you guys, Sorry again for my carelessness. Thank you guys for your visit.

My first impression was not great but I settled in quickly and fell in love with the place. Rooms are basic but clean. Recently remodelled community kitchen was always clean. The shaded courtyard helps to keep the rooms cool and is a great place to relax after a heavy night or long hours in the sun. Staff were friendly and gave me all the info I needed. Made some good friends here and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOSTEL TO BUDGET TRAVELLERS/BACKPACKERS. Location is perfect.

Great location - it's just steps from the white sandy beach! There is a good sized kitchen for extended stays. A massive courtyard under a canopy of trees gives a nice shady spot to wind down with some beers and smokes and music after exploring playa, or a day at the beach. I will return. A five minute walk from the bus station is an added bonus - check in and drop your gear before gettin on with your fun. My room had a lockable cabinet for my valuables.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Great hostel awesome staff, chilled out vibe, great location so close to the beach! Not the Hilton but not bad! Thanks very much for a good stay!

Had a very relaxing time here. The beach access and the hammocks is what made it worth the price for us.

Staff were extremely approachable and helpful. Their local knowledge was great and they were able to provide options for using local transport and tour options that were half the price of those on the street. A comfortable and clean environment in a great location.

• 6th Feb 2015

Great value for money. This is not 5 star hotel so dont expect too much. Location is the best you can get. 30 seconds away from beach and 1 minute away from main street. 3 min away from ADO bus station. Hostel closes gates at evening so you feel pretty safe. There is a yard wich had some hammocks, tables and chairs to hangout. There is also open air kitchen wich is pretty well equipped. Rooms are basic. They have fridge and AC. Showers are the best I've seen so far in Mexico. I recommend!

Fabian y Miriam Are great

• 21st Jan 2015

very nice Hostel, with a nice garden where you can relax in hammocks

Enjoyed our stay here. It's a quiet hostel but very clean. Kitchen is fully equipped. Only downside there's no breakfast included and no hostel activities.

My girlfriend and I stayed for two nights in December 2014 and were very happy here, the location is perfect just by the beach and the rooms were very clean well priced. The best showers we came across in two weeks of travelling Mexico, Belize and Guatemala! Nice friendly staff and if you want a relaxed quite time together then this is perfect away from the bar scene but they're only around the corner for a few drinks. Wifi was good and the hammocks are a perfect place to unwind together.

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels