Popol Vuh

8.7
Fabulous 643 Total Reviews

• Mexico, Male, 25-30
15th Aug 2017

Great location, super convenient. 5 minute walk from ADO bus station and 10 minute walk to Cozumel's ferry, beach access was great a few steps and you are in the beach. Rooms are clean and very safe. Hammocks in the patio are a big plus to relax. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Will use it again!

26th Jul 2017
6.9

The lady receptionist was lovely, the man who took over for her not so much. He wasn't very helpful and getting us change for payment was a chore. Located near the beach and pretty quiet. Room was dark and smelled of mould and little air movement meant it wasn't pleasant. The mosquito net had holes, and the toilets were full of mosquitos. Kitchen was well equipped and clean.

12th Jul 2017

Chill hostel in a very busy town, staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Right on the beach and close to 5 ave.

• England, Female, 25-30
10th Jun 2017
8.0

Great location as it is next to the beach and walking distance to 5th ave etc . I stayed in a twin room with a friend and found the room to be very basic with just a fan and a net which was good enuf . There are mosquitoes in the garden and other creepy crawlies as there is soo much greenery so come prepared with mosquito repellant!!. The atmosphere was non existent and i think a lone person would get very lonely arriving here. No breakfast included also though you can make youre own food.

• Bolivia, Female, 31-40
9th Jun 2017
5.7

The facilities were kind of improvised, anybody could walk in and people at reception wouldn't notice, so I wasn't sure my things were secured. The bathroom is uncomfortable and you have to share it with everybody (men and women) and wasn't very clean. The location is perfect if you have to take the bus at the ADO terminal and it's closer to the fifth Av.

• England, Male, 25-30
8th Jun 2017

I stayed here on my own for a long weekend and just wanted a cheap stay near the beach. Popol Vuh was perfect for my needs and more than you would expect from a normal hostel. The access to the beach is second to none. The facilities are great with the kitchen being really handy and showers and toilets all being in good order with hot water! The only mark down I have given was cleanliness because of lots of ants but that is me being picky. They were not in my room so was not that bad!

• USA, Female, 31-40
28th May 2017

I loved the little courtyard area! There are hammocks there under the trees and it's just so nice!! Wish there had been air conditioning and I was slightly disturbed that we needed bug nets...but the facilities were clean and nice. The bathrooms were some of the nicest I saw during my stay in Mexico (thank you!!) And you can't beat the location. It's right next to the beach and even though it's a seemingly busy part of town it was still quiet and peaceful. I'd definitely recommend it.

• New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
16th Apr 2017
6.0

Great location, but overpriced for what we stayed in. We were in a room with no air conditioning, it was very small and run down, yet cost us $60USD per night for two people. For that price I would expect air conditioning and perhaps a private bathroom. We stayed at another hostel the next night and got a room with all these amenities for cheaper.

1st Mar 2017

I highly recommend staying here. My partner and I felt very safe, lgbt-friendly, and the atmosphere is chill and peaceful. The location is unbeatable for the price, right on the beach, behind another small building. The common are is a large leafy garden with hammocks, a clean kitchen, and clean bathrooms. The entrance is a few steps away from the lively 5th avenue. I stayed at 2 different hostels in playa and this was by far the best. I will stay here again next time.

25th Feb 2017
8.0

Great location, really fun staff, but my door to my room just didn't feel like it was secure at all. I felt like if someone really wanted to break in they could have easily.