Popol Vuh Reviews

Calle 2 norte con zona federal mar�tima y 5a Av., Col. Centro, Quintana Roo, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Great location. Friendly staff. Thanks so much

• 17th Jun 2015

Variety of different rooms. Some are better than others. You get what you pay for. I stayed a few extra days in the Nice one and one day in the cheapest one after my girlfriend left early. Both lived up to my expectations. The nice one had air-conditioning, television, refrigerator, and shower with great water pressure. The cheaper one was cinderblock walls a fan and shared bathroom.

• 15th Jun 2015

Relaxed hostel with a really good vibe and an amazing court yard. Very close to the bus station and beach.

Way too expensive for its value. Great location and 100% clean. However, shower was in a dreadful state making terrible noises and low pressure. The tab water was a lost cause as it was impossible to open it without being soaked. Wouldn't mind that had not we paid usd 80 a night !!!! We had 4 nights and we cancel the last 2. We booked a 4 star hotel for half the price and 4 blocks away.

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Argentina
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Fabien, the guy running the place was extremely helpful and a good guy all-around. Great location right on the beach.

Staff were so helpful! Great place to stay.

• 22nd May 2015
  • Austria

Great place to stay! The location is very good and it's is really close to the best places in Playa del Carmen but at nigh there is not noise and you can relax and have a good night.

Room we had didn't look anywhere as nice as the photos online. Probably should have paid a little extra for the rooms with private bathroom. Staff really friendly.

• 13th May 2015
  • New Zealand

The place to stay. Near ADO bus station, just beside the beach and near all the bars and restaurants. Not breakfast included but there is a well-equiped place to cook :). The rooms are very hot though, there are only 2 toilets and 3 showers.. when not crowded is ok.

What can you expect for $12 a night. Clean bed, lock on the door. Right by the beach. Oh and hammocks. Shared bathroom was small but in good shape.

• 8th May 2015

the staff was so frienly and nice enough to help us out.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Japan

Any time again! we stayed there for 6 nights an everything was nice - thanks!!!

• 1st May 2015

It's not a resort - the rooms are pretty basic (no towel hooks, etc), but it's great value for money, and has an awesome location and atmosphere. Perfect for chilling out and exploring Playa. Get away from 5th Ave and you'll find a more genuine Mexico.

Chelas breakfast the best!! Los desayunos de chela los mejores!!!!

It has a perfect location! We chose the cheapest rooms though - so I guess we got what we paid for, but they were not very nice. There was something on our bed sheets looking like some insect/bird excrement...not nice. Except for that, nice place:)

You get what you pay for here. 3 levels of rooms, the room only looked a bit grim. I first opted for a room with an en suite but the fan was extremely noisy - too noisy to sleep through, plus the mosquito net didnt actually cover the bed, so I moved to their most expensive room the next night for an extra $10 and this was lovely. If you have the money take this option- it has air con (although I didn't really use it) but a far nicer room. Amazing location, but not too noisy. Staff super helpful!

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • Wales

With a superbe location right in the heart of Playa del Carmen (5min from the ADO-busterminal und 5min from the ferry to Cozumel) this hostel tops it with clean rooms (privat) and clean shared bathrooms (with hot water). All shops, restaurants, washsaloon etc. you need are nearby. The place is quite at night (no disturbance form nearby restaurants or clubs). The staff was friendly and helpful. Wifi stable and fast. No breakfast but good kitchen. We highly recommend this place.

The reception was right next to my room, and the dude working in there had his music up crazy loud all the time. It was super loud in my room. I only stayed one night though as I was sick and couldn't stay an extra night in the hostel I was originally in.

Thank you very much for your review, sorry you guys were sick during your staying with us and also because of the loud music in the reception office. By the way I remember asked you; how were you doing and if everything was alright and you guys answered; yes but we are sick and tired, I would have turned down the music even off if I would had known that was bothering you guys, Sorry again for my carelessness. Thank you guys for your visit.

My first impression was not great but I settled in quickly and fell in love with the place. Rooms are basic but clean. Recently remodelled community kitchen was always clean. The shaded courtyard helps to keep the rooms cool and is a great place to relax after a heavy night or long hours in the sun. Staff were friendly and gave me all the info I needed. Made some good friends here and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOSTEL TO BUDGET TRAVELLERS/BACKPACKERS. Location is perfect.

Great location - it's just steps from the white sandy beach! There is a good sized kitchen for extended stays. A massive courtyard under a canopy of trees gives a nice shady spot to wind down with some beers and smokes and music after exploring playa, or a day at the beach. I will return. A five minute walk from the bus station is an added bonus - check in and drop your gear before gettin on with your fun. My room had a lockable cabinet for my valuables.

• 3rd Mar 2015