Poramba Hostel Reviews

El Uru Nº 120, Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

We weren't very impressed with this hostel! There was a problem with the drains and our bathroom flooded every time we had a shower and then stank for the whole of the rest of our stay, to the point of making us retch when we went in there. Staff were very helpful and the bathroom was cleaned but then the windows were left wide open for the rest of the day (we were out) and all of our valuables were in the room... and as soon as we used the shower the problem was back anyway! Breakfast was good!

I've never seen such a large difference between the pictures and reality. The pool was filthy and tiny. Do not stay here expecting to chill by the pool! (Private double) Room was dirty, bathroom stank and there was a cockroach in our room on the last day. Only cold water in the sink in the kitchen and lots of bugs in there too. Convenient for the bus station, but not in a nice area, did not feel comfortable walking home at night. No safe or locker in the room.

Just a few things... It was bearable for a few days. Had to pay in cash which was inconvenient as we had just used up all our Argentinian money before crossing border. There was a hole in the netting of the window in our room so mosquitos got in. The air con was controlled at the desk we didn't have our own remote. Convenient place for getting to the bus for the falls though.

Wow!, we're so disappointed with your commentary, we served really well and you put this score? the next time we'll waiting you with a red carpet!

A basic hostel. Nothing special. OK for the price. Staff was very helpful.

Very friendly and helpful staff... we had a bunch of really nice people there and enjoyed the pool area very much. The cosy chairs and hammocks were just perfect. The pool got cleant every day so it was refreshing using it after a hot day.

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Switzerland

The hostel was nice. The pool isn´t anything to write home about but the hammocks and commons areas are nice with a ping pong table and a kitchen. The hostel was located in a great location and the staff helped me with all my questions. Biggest issue was just that they didn´t have lockers in the dorm rooms.

Very helpful staff, for advice on visiting the falls and other places of interest plus further travel e.g transfer to airport. Fun, relaxing place to stay with a pool and a table which could be used for table tennis, billiards and breakfast!

We had a private double ensuite, which was quite expensive considering it didn't have AC. It was a really big room with a clean bathroom though. The pool is nice and the outdoor kitchen is well equipped and clean. The staff, especially Juan are very friendly and helpful with giving great advice on things to do. Great for an overnight pitstop whilst visiting the falls.

Lots of empty beds at this hostel, and I wish mine had been one of them. Don't book here. It's dirty, boring, and the owners seem to have taken management tips from Chairman Mao. There are a weird amount of security cameras that the owners like to sit and watch at the desk, and their family enjoy loitering around the place, making everyone feel uncomfortable. In a fun continuation of the Maoist vibe, there's only one key for every shared dorm, which you have to hand to the owners when you go o

• 17th Jan 2016

Very nice clean room and bathroom. Good air conditioning, can ask to have it on any time of the day. The breakfast was average, you get a hot drink, bread and croissants. The staff are very friendly and helpful, all staff speak quite good English. Lockers are small at reception area. Really good location, really close to bus station for iguazu falls and short walk to restaurants. A nice hostel to stay for a couple of nights.

Not as nice as I thought it would be after what I read about it here on line. A little further away from the main street and the pool didn't look clean. Staff was nice and I thought it was clean (except for the pool and I never used the kitchen). I would stay there again if I went back.

Good Hostel, helpful staff, clean enough. Take Mosquito Repellant.

The staff was very helpful and the location was very close to the bus station where you need to take the bus to Iguazu. We only stayed one night and left very early in the morning so our stay was very short. The facilities were average for a hostel. I would recommend it for a short stay.

Beds were in poor shape. Bathroom did not flush properly. Staff was amazing!! Variety of rooms. Pool and hammocks are nice.

It was okay... The facilities were fine - clean beds and bathrooms, good wifi. Breakfast was also really nice. It was just a bit too quiet for me. I barely saw anyone else and no one was hanging out at night time. If you want a quiet night to yourself head here!

The location of the hostel is perfect for visiting Iguazu Falls, being only a short walk away from the bus station. The staff were very friendly and amazingly helpful - they gave very helpful tips on how to get to both sides of the Falls, the activities that should be done there, as well as precise transport advice. I didn't spend much time in the common areas of the hostel but it did have a very relaxed vibe. My room was spacious and comfortable, and wifi was excellent - great stay overall!

Best about that hostel was the staff. Super helpful and always a smile. Loved that. Room was spacious and clean. The bathroom got flooded after a while but no big deal for me. Most people are in Iguazu to visit the falls. That means, going to bed and getting up early. So the atmosphere wasn't the best. However the guy from the reception played pool with me :))

A very good hostel, close to the bus station to go to Iguazu (AR & BR). Very helpful & friendly staff. Breakfast could be a bit richer.

• 28th Dec 2015
  • Switzerland

The room & bathroom were clean. Wifi didn't really work on the room, but works well on the terrace. No hot water in the shower and no lock on the bathroom door. Really nice terrace. The only lockers are at the reception and are only for the valuables. Hostel doesn't provide maps, but staff will give advice and directions

Excellent hostel with a great staff! They're friendly, helpful and make you feel very welcome! The backyard with pool and hammocks is a good place to relax. Would definitely stay again!

View all Puerto Iguazu Hostels