Poring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve
Chalets and suites are equipped with excellent amenities and locally crafted, rustic furniture. Guests can expect a variety of activities and interesting surroundings.
The best time to spot wildlife is in the early morning or evening. Hornbills are occasional morning visitors to the clearings. The Provost squirrel and tree shrews are regulars. Several snake species including green vine, bamboo and racer snakes, flying snakes, lying lizards, tree frogs, flying frogs, flying squirrels and flying lemurs or Colugo have also been spotted in the area.
Poring's lowland and hill forest birds include drongos, woodpeckers, leafbirds, broadbills, the Yellow-vented Bulbul, the Magpie Robin and the Asian Fairy Bluebird. Flowering gingers also attract sunbirds and spiderhunters. At least seven of Borneo's ten sunbird species and six of Sabah's seven spiderhunters are found here.
1. Canopy Walkway Open from 9:00am to 4:00pm daily. Enjoy the breathtaking canopy walkway and spectacular botanical beauty of the forest.
2. Butterfly Farm (Butterfly Garden & Caterpillar House) Open from 9:00am to 4:00pm daily. A colourful display of tropical butterflies.
3. Tropical Garden Open from 9:00am to 4:00pm daily
Be one with nature and conduct some bird watching in these parts. Do not miss this opportunity to bring along your binoculars and witness a whole new world of nature. Expect to spot some wild birds, deers and even orang utans here.
4. Orchid Garden Open at 2.30pm daily
Visit our nurtured Orchid Garden and discover the various species of orchids in Sabah.
5. Sulphur Bath Relax those sore muscles after a challenging climb up Mount Kinabalu.
6. BBQ Pit A perfect way to enjoy a picnic with family and friends.
7. Swimming Pool Jump into our unique outdoor rock pool to cool off.