Port Adelaide Backpackers Reviews

24 Nile Street, Port Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia

The hostel is way far out of the centre of Adelaide. The staff I met in the evening were very nice, checken out in the morning was weird because you have to do it though a webcam? Not very personal.

The hostel should be condemned. It's disgusting and very unsafe. I was told the police had to show up because some locals hang out there and cause problems. My bedding was wet and stained. The room had clearly not been cleaned at all. I thought Australia was supposed to be a country where people cared about others...well you take advantage of people and put them in a horrible situation. I had to pay $70 to go to a hotel because that's all that was available after I sat on the hostel bed crying.

• 30th Jan 2016

This hostel felt unsafe and unorganized. I try not to judge people by their appearance, but there were a number of really sketchy people staying there, that were obviously not backpackers. My judgments were more or less confirmed by the nightly drunken fighting. I would ditch the skype check-in, it leaves a weird feeling of no personal connection. Only host backpackers. Actually enforce the quiet times. Generally keep the place cleaner, and do something to enforce cleaning up dishes.

This hostel is located in he worst pocket of port Adelaide. It is used as a halfway house for the homeless in port Adelaide. It feels very unsafe, has a terrible atmosphere and reception staff are Skyped in over a computer. Would never recommend.

• 31st Dec 2015

Great spot. The bloke who was behind the desk could not have been more helpful.

• 27th Nov 2015

The people were friendly and had good amount of shared space.

• 27th Nov 2015
  • India

We only stayed for one night after our 12 hour flight. The private room was big but the walls were paper thin. The local area didn't look up to much, but I don't think we went into the main centre of Port Adelaide.

The owner was really friendly, kind and helpfull! The day I left, he checked my car and tought me how to check the engine room. The People staying this hostel also nice. I went to Kangaroo Island with guys I met here. It was so much fun!!

• 8th Oct 2015