Port Inn Reviews

34 Jaffa (Yafo) Road, Haifa, Israel

Nice hostel! Showers quite small. Sheets with a separate blanket is weird. Everything else was fine.

Nice little inn. Great common area and rear garden. Staff helpful. Good onsite laundry. Free computers to use. Quite clean. Got noticed to leave 5 minutes after checkout even though dorm was basically empty. There was no reason to rush me. Left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Still it's a good spot for exploring Haifa. Add some time to be able to relax in their garden.

The location is the best thing- right near the train station. Wifi worked well in the room.

Great place to stay for a couple of nights, it was actually my first stay in a hostel. Very nicely located, the HaShmona train station is just a 5-min walk from the hostel, and the bus line going to the University of Haifa is really close. However, the hostel doesn't have a 24/7 attendance desk, which is not really convenient if you're arriving late at night. Other than that, staff is friendly and helpful, they give you a map of Haifa and a bunch of directions when you arrive.

• 30th Dec 2014

Lovely quiet hostel. Pretty empty, but that's to be expected, given the time of year. Breakfast is 40 NIS (10USD) which is frankly ridiculous - I've never seen prices like that anywhere else. Definitely a good place to stay though.

Most likely the best hostel I've stayed at, especially in relation to the price (you get a lot for the money). All the staff members were very nice and helpful, and the hostel is cleaner than what you normally see in hostels. A laundromat is just next door, which is great. There are a number of really nice bars and restaurants within a block or two, and it is easy to get around since the hostel is a few minutes walk from a train station, several bus stops, and the (underrated) Carmelit subway.

well run place convenient to railway station and easily reached by bus from main bus station. Staff very helpful, good small kitchen, outdoor and indoor dining and lounge areas. Free computers. Not a party hostel. Highly recommended.

A good hostel with an excellent location, very close to the Carmelit funicular and to the train to Tel aviv and to the port, and also to the pubs and good restaurants nearby. The hostel is keeping the silence for the guests by preventing check-in after midnight, and I think it is very right to do so. There is a nice yard, TV, little kitchen and 3 free computers. The staff is very kind and helpful. I will be back in my next visit in Haifa.

We had a great time at Port Inn and would fully recommend the guest house to others: When we arrived, we got two maps, one of Haifa and its attractions and an additional one with useful places in the neighborhood (post office etc). The staff is really helpful and makes sure you have everything you wish for, from an excellent breakfast through to an airport transfer if needed. Our room even had its own little balcony - which we rarely used because there is a beautiful terrace in the backyard.