9.0
Superb 429 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 429 Total Reviews
Port Macquarie Backpackers Located at 2 Hastings River Drive, , Port Macquarie.
Australia
Port Macquarie New South Wales NSW 2444 2 Hastings River Drive
90% 429
-31.4348698 152.8999257
    Rooms available

• Germany, Couple, 18-24
23rd Apr 2016

Great hostel! Staff is the best! It's one of the tidiest and cleanest hostel I've ever been! The kitchen is very new and modern! Best atmosphere you can have in a hostel, it's like a little family there. There's a shuttle bus which is going wherever you want to if you are 4 people, free koala hospital and kangaroo tour and more free stuff like body boards etc. Would really recommend this hostel!

it was fun having you guys, squirrel tail! the guests are the best! thanks for coming, keep having a great trip - see you again one day :)

21st Apr 2016

Awesome little hostel. Very laid back, great staff and good value. We stayed for a night but the lads kindly let us chill out there for the day as we waited for our evening bus. Big thanks to Dylan and Jay for everything. Would highly recommend this place!

Thanks for coming! You guys were cool to have around, even if only briefly - I'll always remember your first Alien viewing, what a huge moment. Hope you're having a good trip, best of luck with your super-budget budget.

• England, Couple, 18-24
19th Apr 2016

Really great hostal, with spacious and well equipped kitchen and really clean dorms and bathrooms. It is a really chilled out hostal and the layout of the kitchen and other communal areas means it is easy to get chatting to other people. The only downside is the hostal is a 20 minute walk to the beaches but if there were 4 of you they were able to give you a lift there or into town. Overall great hostal .. especially when the town baker drops off about 50 free loaves of bread - so random!

we just have to get the baker to pop around more often... one of the best things about this place is getting to know our awesome guests, makes it easy to work here! glad you enjoyed your stay, happy travels :)

• England, Female, 18-24
17th Apr 2016

I loved my stay here! As soon as I arrived I felt at home. It's a small and really social hostel so it's really easy to make friends. The bathrooms and kitchen are very clean and the beds are really comfy. I would definitely stay again and would recommend it to everybody :)

Glad you enjoyed your stay, we enjoyed having you! I heard you had a super-nostalgic music moment when I put msi on - that's awesome, I thought I was the only one in the world who likes them... Keep on having a great trip, and we'll see you again one day!

• England, Male, 18-24
11th Apr 2016

I had a really good time at this hostel. It was a very chilled out place and there's not always that many people staying there, so it makes it easier to hang out and chat to people. The staff are great. Dylan, Jay and Matt are a decent bunch of guys, who are easy to get on with. Very secure and a good location from most things. Very clean overall, especially the kitchen. Properly the cleanliness I've come across in my 3 months of travels. Easily would stay again.

You're very welcome to stay again! Glad you ended up extending your stay, it was cool having you around, you're a good dude to have a chat with. Hope we haven't set your expectations too high for the next hostels ;) Keep having a great trip and give me an update at some point! Cheeeers

• Australia, Male, 25-30
10th Apr 2016

Great place to stay! Chilled atmosphere, helpful staff, very clean amenities and terrific location

It was good having you bro, glad you could pop in and enjoy our clean amenities and helpful staff - wouldn't be such a chilled atmosphere without cool guests such as yourself

• Australia, Male, 25-30
9th Apr 2016

I've stayed in a lot of hostels all over the world, and this has gotta be one of my favourites. Comfy beds, great showers, good atmosphere, and most importantly awesome staff who are always happy to help and make sure you're having a great time. Felt like home. I'll be back for sure

It was good having you here, thanks for coming to stay. There's nothing better in the mornings than a nice hot shower that doesn't turn itself off ;)

• England, Female, 18-24
7th Apr 2016

We've travelled up & down the east coast for a month & have stayed in numerous hostels, but this was one of our favourites by far! Dylan & the other members of staff were all so welcoming right from the off! (Even surprising us & picking us up from our Greyhound unexpectedly!) The facilities were always clean & the hostel was well looked after. The staff were extremely knowledgeable & gave us lots of recommendations for places to go! The only problem was that we couldn't stay for longer! :(

It was a good way to start the day, seeing your smiling faces pass by reception every morning! We're proud to be one of your favourites, I hope we haven't set your expectations too high for the future :P You're totally welcome to come stay for longer once you start to miss us too much. Happy travels!

• Nathanholmes66
  • England, Male, 18-24
1st Apr 2016

Such a good hotel, the manager made it a great stay. Suggest staying here to break up your trip to Sydney or Byron. Quite a few things to do during the day.

Thanks man! The manager likes to have fun, and guests like you make it easy to do so. It's cool you made the most of your time in Port Macquarie and saw what there is to see. I'm glad our dear mutual friend recommended you to stay here :) Keep on enjoying your trip!

• England, Female, 31-40
30th Mar 2016

Really good. Informative staff. Pleasant room. Really clean shower and bathroom - immaculate and spacious. Only thing that spoilt it was the pig rude people staying there that seem to think if they are getting up at 5am then they have the right to make as much Noise as they like!! However that's not the fault of the hostel. Lovely pool as well outside with free parking.

Thanks for your review :) We're glad we could put a roof over your head for a few nights, it's definitely a big change from camping. You did seem very comfortable - you had a big smile on your face the whole time you were here! Hope you're enjoying your trip, and good luck finding your mail!