9.2
Superb 449 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 449 Total Reviews
Port Macquarie Backpackers Located at 2 Hastings River Drive, , Port Macquarie.
Australia
Port Macquarie New South Wales NSW 2444 2 Hastings River Drive
92% 449
-31.4348698 152.8999257
    Rooms available

27th May 2016

This is a lovely small hostel where everyone hangs out together in the evenings and is extremely inviting. The place is clean, well located and relaxed. Would definitely recommend. P.S. ask Dylan to sing; he's got a lovely voice.

aw shucks! that's very kind of you. it was fun having you and your alien eyes here :P safe travels, have fun, keep being you!

22nd May 2016

We had an amazing time here, people were amazing as was the manager. Made some great friends wish we had stayed longer!

Thanks for the lovely review! We're glad you felt comfortable and met some cool people - and you were the cool people that other people made friends with :D You're very welcome to come back and stay longer any time!

20th May 2016

Best place to stay in Port Macquarie. It's a home away from home, but with an upgrade because of the awesome porch out front to watch all the excitement of the city. Staff is excellent and are filled with great ideas on activities to do in and around town. The place has a great atmosphere from the moment you walk in! Super clean, comfy beds, great kitchen and prime location.

Hey, thanks for the review :) It was fun having you two here, always awesome having a verandah crew to watch the excitement of the city with. Thanks for the souvenir Canada pin! I'll keep you updated with your funny video daily subscription... I'm sure you'll enjoy the next stops on your trip, let me know how you go :)

9th May 2016

Very cosy hostel, great staff, good kitchen and clean rooms

Thanks for the review! It was fun having you here, and we got to learn something about humour and juggling, too... keep on keepin on, and enjoy your trip!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
9th May 2016

Receptionist was an absolute champion, good location, friendly people and great atmosphere. Comfortable beds, very clean hostel - doesn't smell like a hostel! Love it.

You're an absolute champion! Next time you'll just have to stay a bit longer... next time I fly I'll go have a look in the cockpit, maybe I'll see ya there!

8th May 2016

Dylan the manager picked me up from the bus stop and was so friendly, funny and welcoming from the start, Tony the owner was funny and friendly too - see you in Alaska! I felt so comfortable at this hostel that I didn't want to leave, and extended my stay. Aine the cleaner does such a great job and is so lovely. Would definitely recommend to anyone, great atmosphere, and free coffee :D hope the next hostel I stay in has such a handsome manager ;)

Haha glad you like us, we like you too. Always a nice start to the day hearing your cheeky giggle... well, after you had your 10 coffees, anyway. Good luck with your goal of becoming a koala, you can do whatever you set your mind too. Have fun! See you next time

8th May 2016

A driver came and picked us up from the bus stop. Our room was a very good size and the toilets were clean and the shower provided an extra bit of room so you can get changed. They offered a couple of trips. The manager was great and could help you whenever you needed and was able to tell you where everything was that you needed. The vibe was great and an enjoyable experience. Overall it was a great stay and would 100% recommend it!

We're so happy you enjoyed your time here, it was good having you guys around, and what a birthday we all celebrated! Glad we could help :) Wouldn't have been the same vibe without ya! Keep on enjoying your trip :)

• kathander
  • Denmark, Female, 18-24
6th May 2016

Loved this place! Had the greatest time with the greatest people :) super relaxed and homely atmosphere. I can highly recommend this place anytime! Cool with cool on - as I say ;-) See you soon!

we don't have ALL the greatest people, now that you're gone :( thanks for coming, keep me updated on all your cat-sitting adventures. cool with cool on!

• claudia_wollmann1821
  • Germany, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
4th May 2016

This place was great. Got here at night and found a key on the door with my name and a little note. Dylan the owner is very relaxed and nice. Always up for a chat and trying to help everyone. Place has a good vibe to it. I really enjoyed my stay here.

I do like chatting! It's easy to be relaxed and nice when we have fun guests :) Thanks for coming, keep enjoying your trip!

• Germany, Female, 25-30
27th Apr 2016

I had a great time at the Port Macquarie Backpackers and can highly recommend it to anyone passing through this lovely town. Originally I planned on staying for one night only but shortly after I had arrived I already changed my plans and booked an additional night. Everyone at the hostel was just so welcoming and directly made me feel at home. The best part was the free tour to the Koala Hospital and the picnic at the light house. Thanks to Dylan and everyone else who made my stay so great!

We enjoyed having you! And thanks for the great pics :D Thanks for coming, I'm sure you'll keep having a great trip, hopefully we'll see each other again one day! just like that guy you hitch-hiked with in Byron AND Basel!