Port Macquarie Backpackers Reviews

2 Hastings River Drive, Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia

This was one of the best hostels we stayed in on our RTW trip! The staff is perfect, they are all doing a very good job! Everything is very clean, the showers are amazing and the kitchen is well equipped. We wanted to stay for 2 nights and extended to 5 nights because you feel like home there. They welcome you as friends, not just as guests. There are lots of things for free, e.g. WIFI, bicycle hire, shuttle service. We would stay there again and recommend it to everyone going to Port Macquarie!

Hi Katharina and Jochen, thanks for the kind words and for the letter you left for us on departure. It was a pleasure having you! The whole Port Backpackers Team wishes you lots of other great experiences on your travels, keep on smiling and take care!

Nice one!!! Go there everybody :) enjoy it!

• 7th Mar 2014

Overall a good place to stay couple of days perhaps. I was quite disappointed about the rusty old bike and bad wifi service that I had to pay for. Avoid both if you staying there or look for another place, personally I wouldn't stay there again.

Thanks for the review Vito, 69% is a bit harsh, our bikes are a bit rusty , when you live near beach rust is part of it, my car has rust and we replace most electronics because of the salt air every couple of years, the bike was only $5 a for the whole day witch is cheap,

Very friendly staff! They booked me right in, even if the reception was still closed and I booked accidentally a day later! The only downside, you had to buy voucher for the internet! And they really shoud have more than one plug in a 6 dorm room! Other than that great place!

Hay Simone, nice to get a realistic review, Thank You, We now have FREE WIFI as well as all the other free stuff, Free shuttle bus, Bikes, Boards, Fishing rods and of course a Beautiful Chrystal clean pool in the back yard Travel safe and enjoy oz Thanks' Tony

Very nice and helpful staff. Rooms a bit worn down, bunk beds rather uncomfortable. Was perfect for one night stay-over to catch the early Greyhound bus towards Sydney.

Another great review from a 1 nighter, arrived at 6pm and left at 5 am , I don't thing some one staying 11 hours should even be able to leave stupid reviews. This is a backpackers and you are only paying backpacker price's, The mattress in your room a under 1 year old, may I suggest maybe loosing some weight so your not squashing the shit out of the mattress , or being a little bit more realistic with your expectation's verses that you are paying.

The staff was friendly, but I didn't like that the owner was there all the time and had to let everybody know that he was the owner of the hostel. Even though he is very committed to run a good hostel and is friendly, I don't like beeing controlled the whole time. Also I didn't like to be woken up by the staff at like 9am.

• 3rd Dec 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great review, yes we control you with mind power, as for staff coming into rooms at 9,30 to change bedding this has to be done, so everybody has clean linen. Travel safe , and beware of people controlling your poor little mind !!!! l m a o

This place is the SH**. Everything is clean and the atmosphere is the best part about this place. Your right at the beach. The hostel is smaller and personal. We met a bunch of cool people and extended our stay from 2 to 4 nights because we were having such a good time. The staff, Rob and Becs, were also the SH**, super friendly and always ready to help! Dont pass this one up on your trip along the coast.

• 7th Nov 2013