9.5
Superb 462 Total Reviews
9.5
Superb 462 Total Reviews
Port Macquarie Backpackers Located at 2 Hastings River Drive, , Port Macquarie.
Australia
Port Macquarie New South Wales NSW 2444 2 Hastings River Drive
95% 462
-31.4348698 152.8999257
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 25-30
19th Jul 2016

Lovely quiet hostel. Great communication from understanding staff. Our room was very cute and colourful. Felt much more like being at home than in another large generic hostel. As a stop off on the way to Sydney ideal, but probably wouldn't be loads to do for a number of days.

30th Jun 2016
8.0

I imagine this place is great in the summer when there's lots of people there and using the pool and veranda. Unfortunately I was there in winter and it was really quiet so basically no atmosphere, plus it was freezing at night. No on-site staff so had to call a number when I arrived for Tony to come and let me in. He was very friendly though and made sure I knew/had everything I needed before he left again. Really good kitchen, clean bathroom, free pool table, close enough walk into town.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
14th Jun 2016

Great clean and cosey hostel and the staff are realy friendly

Thanks for your review, it was good to have you, if only briefly! Have fun with bumblebee, and good luck with your firespinning career!

• Israel, Female, 18-24
30th May 2016
8.0

Pros: Dylan and the rest of the staff were awesome, a good atmosphere in the hostel Cons: a bit far away from City center (1.5 km) and the koala hospital (2 km. the shuttle happens only if there are at least 4 that want to go), no electrical output in some of the rooms (it's an historical house and they aren't allowed to add them) and no place to store valuables during the stay or luggage after checking out while waiting for the bus/train Overall- good hostel that I do recommend

Hi :) Thanks for the review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay. It makes us happy to make you happy, and we would have been glad to store valuables for you if you'd mentioned that you wanted somewhere to store them. Yes, the free shuttle we offer to local attractions only goes if there are enough lovely guests to go! Hope you enjoy the last bit of your trip, and your mum's delicious food when you get home :)

27th May 2016

This is a lovely small hostel where everyone hangs out together in the evenings and is extremely inviting. The place is clean, well located and relaxed. Would definitely recommend. P.S. ask Dylan to sing; he's got a lovely voice.

aw shucks! that's very kind of you. it was fun having you and your alien eyes here :P safe travels, have fun, keep being you!

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd May 2016

We had an amazing time here, people were amazing as was the manager. Made some great friends wish we had stayed longer!

Thanks for the lovely review! We're glad you felt comfortable and met some cool people - and you were the cool people that other people made friends with :D You're very welcome to come back and stay longer any time!

20th May 2016

Best place to stay in Port Macquarie. It's a home away from home, but with an upgrade because of the awesome porch out front to watch all the excitement of the city. Staff is excellent and are filled with great ideas on activities to do in and around town. The place has a great atmosphere from the moment you walk in! Super clean, comfy beds, great kitchen and prime location.

Hey, thanks for the review :) It was fun having you two here, always awesome having a verandah crew to watch the excitement of the city with. Thanks for the souvenir Canada pin! I'll keep you updated with your funny video daily subscription... I'm sure you'll enjoy the next stops on your trip, let me know how you go :)

9th May 2016

Very cosy hostel, great staff, good kitchen and clean rooms

Thanks for the review! It was fun having you here, and we got to learn something about humour and juggling, too... keep on keepin on, and enjoy your trip!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
9th May 2016

Receptionist was an absolute champion, good location, friendly people and great atmosphere. Comfortable beds, very clean hostel - doesn't smell like a hostel! Love it.

You're an absolute champion! Next time you'll just have to stay a bit longer... next time I fly I'll go have a look in the cockpit, maybe I'll see ya there!

• England, Female, 18-24
8th May 2016

Dylan the manager picked me up from the bus stop and was so friendly, funny and welcoming from the start, Tony the owner was funny and friendly too - see you in Alaska! I felt so comfortable at this hostel that I didn't want to leave, and extended my stay. Aine the cleaner does such a great job and is so lovely. Would definitely recommend to anyone, great atmosphere, and free coffee :D hope the next hostel I stay in has such a handsome manager ;)

Haha glad you like us, we like you too. Always a nice start to the day hearing your cheeky giggle... well, after you had your 10 coffees, anyway. Good luck with your goal of becoming a koala, you can do whatever you set your mind too. Have fun! See you next time