Port O'Call YHA Reviews

7 Craven Close, Port Douglas, Australia

A nice relaxing hostel slightly out of the main area of Port Douglas, about 5-10 mins walk. Really quick access to 4-mile beach though in 5 mins you're there. Staff very helpful and friendly, genuinely want to make sure everyone has a pleasant stay there. Free wifi is good. nice communal area with plenty of seating and bar/restaurant as well serving average priced meals each night.

Possibly the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Sociable guests, excellent facilities, spotless kitchen and free working wifi, pool and table tennis. Congrats!

• 15th Oct 2014

This was my first stay at a hostel so I admit I was slightly weary. I was very happy with my stay at port O'call. The front desk was very helpful and happy, while the location was in close proximity to 4mile beach and the shops. The facilities were clean and not overly noisy. Each room had a small refrigerator and enough storage. I was happy with my stay and would recommend it to others as well as return again myself.

• 3rd Oct 2014

We had an amazing stay here and ended up extending for two weeks. There is such a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and we felt so comfortable and happy here. The staff are amazing - particularly Tim who went above and beyond for us. We miss the place already!

Great place to stay! Best budget accom in port douglas. A great balance of dorm rooms and privates. Balance of people and ages. Not a party hostel, a place where you can relax by the pool, meet people, and get some sleep when you want it. Super clean!! Great facilities: well stocked huge kitchen, bar and bistro with really reasonably priced meals, beautiful pool. Felt very safe. Brilliant friendly staff made me feel really welcome. Thanks Tom and kevin and all for brilliant stay, I'll return!

I had a great stay in this hostel. Despite staying in a single room, the layout lends itself to being able to socialise with all the other guests, which is not something that all hostels offer. The location is fantastic for getting to the main street in Port Douglas and to the harbour for the GBR trips. I would stay here again.

Finding the right operator for the reef for you in port douglas is real ball ache but the staff here went above and beyond to help me make the right choice for my dive and weather needs so I had a great day on the reef :)

Very good accommodation, highly recommended. People from the reception are very nice, friendly, and helpful. All services very, very clean. Great food.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Serbia

Staff very welcoming and helpful when looking at tours. Room well equipped.

I really enjoy my stay in Port I' Call, the room is very clean and tidy, the bed very comfortable, the staff is available if you need any help, it s not a party hostel.

The kitchen, bedroom and bathroom were all really clean, and me and my friend had a dorm room to ourselves which was a nice change. The free transfers back and forth to Cairns were handy, and the free wifi was fast. About a 15 minute walk to the town centre and only 5 minutes to the beach. Only bad point would be the atmosphere as it was so quiet, but I guess it's low season now. Good hostel overall!

View all Port Douglas Hostels