Port O'Call YHA Reviews

7 Craven Close, Port Douglas, Australia

Good clean hostel with nice amenities.

Best hostel I stayed in! Really good atmosphere and the staff is the best! Everbody was always smiling and so nice. Was there for 1 week and felt really sad when I had to leave ;)

• 7th Mar 2015

Nice place to stay, relaxed and familiar atmosphere, very friendly and always helpful staff! I can absolutely recommend a stay at Port O'Call :)

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

Loved this hostel! I swapped to here from a hostel more central at the last minute and am really glad I did. The staff were really friendly and the rooms were some of the cleanest I've seen in any hostel I've stayed in. Also loved having a fridge and iPod dock in the room, made it even better! Plus the wifi was free and I got coverage everywhere which is always a bonus :) would definitely recommend this hostel!

What did I like...... The room was large, the bathroom spotless and my room mates cool. The huge guest kitchen was well equipped and clean and the TV room showed new release movies. The wifi was super fast and FREEEEEE!!! BUT the best thing ever was the 5 minute walk to the beach. And I extended ... and I extended again...

The only drawback was no lockers in rooms, but else very nice!

Bit of a walk to shops/eating area.. but only 15 mins and we like a good walk after eating out!! Staff v friendly and helpful. Aircon only on 6.30pm - 7.30am but shouldn't be in your room in the day anyway!! Room (double) was spacious. Had fridge and kettle. Towels provided for shower. Pool area good and gets sunlight all day. Was very satisfied.

It's a little walk into town but worth it for staying in such a lovely hostel. There a good kitchen and lots of communal areas. Really enjoyable stay. Lovely rooms aswell!

• 22nd Nov 2014

This is the best hostel I have stayed in, during my month long trip up the eastcoast. The owner Tom is such a wonderful and funny guy and the staff in general are so nice and helpful. We really felt at home here and had a really good time at the hostel.

It's a nice hostel with a pool but a bit too far from the shops. They should start hiring bikes, it would make moving around easier. Aircon was on only from 6:30 pm till 8:30 am which was not enough in the tropics. Should be kept on all day. The dining area was outside so it was uncomfortable to have your meals in the hot

The staff was the friendliest bunch of people that we met on our holiday. They were helpful, kind, and always ready with a funny joke or time. There were lots of activities to do, including ping pong, pool, games and darts. Also, there was a very good kitchen/bar that was a decent value for the money. The food was very good. The place is definitely a budget accommodation, but it was clean and taken care of.

Really nice hostel, quiet atmosphere. The best of all was Tom, such a nice person! Always willing to help and always with a smile on his face. :-)

A nice relaxing hostel slightly out of the main area of Port Douglas, about 5-10 mins walk. Really quick access to 4-mile beach though in 5 mins you're there. Staff very helpful and friendly, genuinely want to make sure everyone has a pleasant stay there. Free wifi is good. nice communal area with plenty of seating and bar/restaurant as well serving average priced meals each night.

Possibly the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Sociable guests, excellent facilities, spotless kitchen and free working wifi, pool and table tennis. Congrats!

• 15th Oct 2014

This was my first stay at a hostel so I admit I was slightly weary. I was very happy with my stay at port O'call. The front desk was very helpful and happy, while the location was in close proximity to 4mile beach and the shops. The facilities were clean and not overly noisy. Each room had a small refrigerator and enough storage. I was happy with my stay and would recommend it to others as well as return again myself.

• 3rd Oct 2014