Port O'Call YHA Reviews

I highly recommend this hostel, clean, comfortable, great facilities and swimming pool, very helpful and friendly staff!

A big thank you to the staff who were always cheerful and helpful!

• 20th Nov 2013

Nice little pool. Well equiped kitchen and good bistro on site - big portions! Aircon in room at night. Great free transfer to/from Cairns. Helpfull staff to organise trips to reef, rainforest etc. Perfect stroll along beach into town (approx 20 mins) Lockers in room would be welcome addition.

Some of the best and most helpful staff we've ever had - kerri and Steve were amazing! The free shuttle from cairns is a massive bonus, and our room (4 bed dorm) was spacious with good air con and solid wifi. Definitely reccomend staying here!

The receptionist, Anna, was extremely nice, patient and helpful! She helped me make plans for the area, and was very professional.

Really nice to stay here, and nice bistro, but to find a house share was so much cheaper. Price is a shame for hostel living.

The free shuttle to and from Cairns is reason enough to book this hostel! The wifi is fast (and free) and the kitchen is pretty big. It's only a short walk to 4 Mile Beach, but it is a bit far from the town center and the atmosphere is a bit lacking.

Nice quiet hostel, ideal if you want to spend a calm few days in Port Douglas. The staff is very friendly, polite and helpful, the rooms and kitchen are nice and clean, plus there's free wifi and free transfers to/from Cairns!! It's just a short walk from town where you can find a more lively atmosphere if you get tired of the calm :) I had a lovely stay!

Hostel is high quality. Overall well kept with good facilities. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Just a short walk into town. Definetely recommended.

Good value for the money, free wi fi was really great. Bath mat for shower would be a good addition.

• 5th Aug 2012

Helpful staff, not too far from town center, bistro was closed our day but I heard from others that it's great.

one of the best hostels I have ever stayed during my travels in OZ. The staff was absolutely friendly and helpful for tourbookings etc

This was a very pleasent relaxed hostel just outside Port douglas(about 15 min from walk to centre), it was a more family orientated and did not have a lot to offer for the younger party traveller! the rooms where very comfortable, and the free internet was a welcome bonus

I was especially impressed with their willingness to help and guide with tours. Admittedly, they must take a cut; however, they were very generous with their time. We'd love to return. Lyon Family

• 4th Jul 2011

We literally only checked in, left the hostel & then slept there after our night out so I cant rate it on facilities/fun etc. The reception lady was really friendly, the room was perfect for us & the location is quite good... Nice little stroll to town. Would recommend.

Wasn't quite sure if my sheets were clean because there were marks on it but I slept on them anyway. The rooms had A/C from 7pm-7am which was really nice. Everything pretty much shuts down at 9pm though, so sort of a sleepy hostel but it was good for what I wanted since I had to get up early for the cruise to the reef anyway.

They turn the air conditioning off during the day under the guise of being eco - friendly but I suspect they are just cheap. It means it's impossible to have any sort of lie in as the temperature in the room is 30 - 35 degrees and the humidity is 90% The food in the restaurant is excellent

• 7th Jan 2011

If you are looking for a spot close to the beach than this is the place for you. Additionally, the staff at Port O' Call is extremely friendly and helpful. The only negative for me is the alcohol policy. I understand the licensing issues but the bar is only open for 3 hours a day! What if you want to have a couple of beers after relaxing on the beach? Great hostel nonetheless. I recommend it.

LOVED it there! Great price! Great management! Janine was so helpful in giving me advice and helping me to book my tours. Clean and spacious rooms. The bistro had huge portions of amazing food at a great price! Big and clean self serve kitchen. Easy walk to the beach. A little far from the main street. The pool was clean and pretty. The other guests were of various ages and friendly. Thanks Port O'Call for the great service!

• 21st Nov 2010

Very comfortable stay. Received upgrade. Useful washing facilities (clothing). 10-15 min walk to town. 5 min walk to quiet area of the beach so ideal place.

« first « Prev 1 2 3