Port O'Call YHA Reviews

7 Craven Close, Port Douglas, Australia

Great place to stay! Best budget accom in port douglas. A great balance of dorm rooms and privates. Balance of people and ages. Not a party hostel, a place where you can relax by the pool, meet people, and get some sleep when you want it. Super clean!! Great facilities: well stocked huge kitchen, bar and bistro with really reasonably priced meals, beautiful pool. Felt very safe. Brilliant friendly staff made me feel really welcome. Thanks Tom and kevin and all for brilliant stay, I'll return!

I had a great stay in this hostel. Despite staying in a single room, the layout lends itself to being able to socialise with all the other guests, which is not something that all hostels offer. The location is fantastic for getting to the main street in Port Douglas and to the harbour for the GBR trips. I would stay here again.

Finding the right operator for the reef for you in port douglas is real ball ache but the staff here went above and beyond to help me make the right choice for my dive and weather needs so I had a great day on the reef :)

Very good accommodation, highly recommended. People from the reception are very nice, friendly, and helpful. All services very, very clean. Great food.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Serbia

Staff very welcoming and helpful when looking at tours. Room well equipped.

I really enjoy my stay in Port I' Call, the room is very clean and tidy, the bed very comfortable, the staff is available if you need any help, it s not a party hostel.

The kitchen, bedroom and bathroom were all really clean, and me and my friend had a dorm room to ourselves which was a nice change. The free transfers back and forth to Cairns were handy, and the free wifi was fast. About a 15 minute walk to the town centre and only 5 minutes to the beach. Only bad point would be the atmosphere as it was so quiet, but I guess it's low season now. Good hostel overall!

I stayed here only one night, was quiet and had lots to do with only a short walk into the main street of Port Douglas

I highly recommend this hostel, clean, comfortable, great facilities and swimming pool, very helpful and friendly staff!

A big thank you to the staff who were always cheerful and helpful!

• 20th Nov 2013

Nice little pool. Well equiped kitchen and good bistro on site - big portions! Aircon in room at night. Great free transfer to/from Cairns. Helpfull staff to organise trips to reef, rainforest etc. Perfect stroll along beach into town (approx 20 mins) Lockers in room would be welcome addition.

Some of the best and most helpful staff we've ever had - kerri and Steve were amazing! The free shuttle from cairns is a massive bonus, and our room (4 bed dorm) was spacious with good air con and solid wifi. Definitely reccomend staying here!

The receptionist, Anna, was extremely nice, patient and helpful! She helped me make plans for the area, and was very professional.

Really nice to stay here, and nice bistro, but to find a house share was so much cheaper. Price is a shame for hostel living.

The free shuttle to and from Cairns is reason enough to book this hostel! The wifi is fast (and free) and the kitchen is pretty big. It's only a short walk to 4 Mile Beach, but it is a bit far from the town center and the atmosphere is a bit lacking.

Nice quiet hostel, ideal if you want to spend a calm few days in Port Douglas. The staff is very friendly, polite and helpful, the rooms and kitchen are nice and clean, plus there's free wifi and free transfers to/from Cairns!! It's just a short walk from town where you can find a more lively atmosphere if you get tired of the calm :) I had a lovely stay!

Hostel is high quality. Overall well kept with good facilities. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Just a short walk into town. Definetely recommended.

Good value for the money, free wi fi was really great. Bath mat for shower would be a good addition.

• 5th Aug 2012

Helpful staff, not too far from town center, bistro was closed our day but I heard from others that it's great.

one of the best hostels I have ever stayed during my travels in OZ. The staff was absolutely friendly and helpful for tourbookings etc

« first « Prev 1 2 3