Portal del Sur Reviews

Hipolito Yrigoyen 855, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Right in the middle of the city and 10 minute walk from all the main attractions. Looks nothing from the outside but inside is a fab old building with courtyard style centre and great roof bar. Rooms were OK, bunks old and squeaky, good showers and lots of hot water, as you would expect from a city centre hostel old of noise both road and also people coming and going at all hours. If you book a private room your further up in the building so I would guess it quite as dorms are on enterence level

Great place, overall. The staff in general was very kind and helpful.

Nice hostel. There's a laid back vibe and it's great having the hostel events as it makes it easier to meet other travellers. It can be a bit noisy in the dorms so ear plugs are necessary. It's not a party hostel but there's a good vibe on the roof terrace. it here.

A great little hostel in a fantastic location, close to the main tourism spots, the amenities in Florida street and the Subte for exploring other parts of the city. The staff were Rey friendly and helpful in any questions about what to do or logistics of getting to the next place. The breakfast was good especially on the beautiful roof terrace over looking the city. Should I be back in Buenos Aires I would no think to stay elsewhere,

Todos los del staff son increíblemente lindos! Gracias por todo, de verdad! Me sentí en casa! Su hostel es una joya arquitectónica, aparte de todo! Wow!

It was reall too expensive for what you could offer.

The hostel had very friendly staff, was clean and had a good space for meeting other travelers The upstairs terrace was sweet and good place to sit and discuss what you want The location is in San Telmo, close to the trains and bus connections

This hostel was in a good location, easily accessed by bus 45 from AEP airport. The staff was very friendly and spoke great english. (I do not speak spanish.) they helped me book a bike tour with BAbikes which was a great tour. The lockers in my room we're very old and could've been easily broken into even with a good lock. The showers we're hot only in the early morning. good breakfast. nice rooftop bar.

Really enjoyed my stay here. Hostel was clean, rooms were nice, kitchen was equipped, breakfast was actually more than usual, and rooftop bar was pretty cool. Some of the staff were awesome while some didn't seem interested,

Really nice quiet vibe, i came quite out of season in October when it was still chilly but there was still plenty of people to mix and meet with, or space to relax by yourself. Really nice features and layout to the place as well, very pretty. The staff were superstars after i had a nightmare journey into Argentina and were very welcoming and friendly at all hours of the day/night. Would definitely recommend.

Good looking hostel placed really central. The roof bar is nice. The rooms are pretty clairaudient.

great hostel with opportunities to meet lots of travellers and locals.

I loved my stay at this hostel, it was awesome! The place is beautiful, the people are so nice and you can have your own space but also meet so many travelers. The bathroom is good and the kitchen really nice to cook in. I recommend a lot this place! Location is perfect since it is right behind Avenida de Mayo/Piedras. They have a cleaning service like a hotel everyday and a great breakfast! There's always something to do whether walking tour, mate tasting...

Very nice hostel. Really friendly and helpful staff. Great roof top breakfast room / bar. Good beds and clean rooms. To be recommended.

• 3rd Sep 2015
  • Belgium

First hostel I've ever stayed at and it turned out great! The rooms and bathroom were all very clean! Their bar on Friday and Saturday had a good atmosphere. The staff was always very helpful and very friendly!! The only downside was having to deal with kids running around it seemed like a whole team was staying there too.

Good hostel. Hot showers. Not enough plug points in the female dorms and the elevator at times did not work. The wifi was very poor.

My main complain around this hostel was the fact that I asked the receptionist for a locker in the private room because I did have my laptop and ipad with me and didnt want to leave it there when I was going to be out (the staff requires you to leave your room key in the front desk, you cannot take the key with you), and she said that I was accusing the staff of trying to steal my stuff, when my only point was that everyone on the staff had access to my room and I just wanted to secure it

I totally loved the hostel, very clean, right in the city center, good breakfast, and a night of good music in the bar. I totally recommend it!

Awesome hostel with great staff. Breakfast is worth your money and the facilities are kept clean. The building is beautiful and the terrace is definitely a plus. Great atmosphere!

Great location, I had a single room for my privacy which turned out to be great value for money.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels