Porthtowan Backpackers Reviews

Seamyst, Beach Road, Porthtowan, Truro, Cornwall TR4 8AA, Cornwall, England

a really nice youth hostel, well located to go surfing or to visit Cornwall with a car. The staff is really nice and helpful. It feels like home over there, the atmosphere is friendly. There's a big and convenient kitchen, the dormitory was a little bit small but the beds are comfortable.

The best of the best hostel I have stayed in ,nice big bed,clean,super super friendly host jane and Steve are 5 stars,location is sublime ,I have a beautiful sleep and will never forget your kindness and hospitality ,breakfast was my kind of thing baguette or french bread,yogurt,and the day doesn't end quickly,the nice bay with lovely people and surfers yum! I enjoy that hostel a lot

Really friendly atmosphere. Steve is an amazing host. I left my bag behind and Steve was marvellous and posted it to us. The beach and bars in the area are also great. We had a fantastic time and will defo be back :)

Best hostel I have stayed at. The owners were incredibly nice and helpful, and the area was beautiful. 2 minute walk from the beach, host was helpful with ideas on where to visit, room was amazing, towels were provided and everyone had a personal bathroom\shower, great kitchen, lots of breakfast choices. Wonderful experience!!!!!

• 22nd Jun 2014

The beach near by was great, free Landry facilities, had a hot tub on the roof, great patio and view. It even had a dishwasher! And the man who runs the hostel was very helpful and nice.

The hostel was comfortable and cozy, and Steve was a great host. Very good facilities (terrace, lounge, full kitchen, etc.). I wish they had lockers, though. The free towels and ensuite dorm were a nice plus. Very convenient to Porthtowan Beach and the South West Path. Don't miss the beautiful sunset over the water.

Overall it was an amazing stay. Best was the hot tub on the roof terrace.

• 3rd May 2014