Portland House Reviews

555, South Circular Road, Kilmainham, Dublin, Ireland

The stay was very nice! Nice breakfast, nice host! Definitely worth for the money. The tram is very close, and it's only 5-10 minutes to city centre

• 12th Sep 2014

Really great base for a stay in Dublin-just round the corner from the Luas (tram) and across the road from the bus stop. Great hospitality and can't really fault anything!

• 25th Aug 2014

We liked to stay in Portland House two times on our trip across Ireland. Good location to start / end tour or just visit dublin. Easy to get to city by bus or tram.

The owners were very warm, welcoming and delightful with our 2 year old grandson. The breakfast was delicious... Best breakfast sausages I have tasted!

• 16th Aug 2014

The owner was very rude and opened the door while being fairly intoxicated. She made my employees to drive around Dublin looking for the ATM as she refused to accept payment by card and when the cash was provided, refused to give a receipt. She also refused to provide breakfast, because, apparently, 7.30 on Friday morning, is to early to make breakfast for people staying there. The only good thing I can say that bed & breakfast was in top location for my guys to get to work. No excuse though

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Belarus

Portland House has a comfortable atmosphere with a great Irish breakfast served every day.

Very good hostel, the only desidvatnage is the location, a bit far from the city center. But the tramway is 5 min from the hostel and there is a bus stop very close.

The staff at Portland House was very friendly and helpful. My room was phenomenal, especially for the great price. It was a wonderful retreat from the hostels I had been staying at during most of my trip through Ireland. I loved the home cooked Irish breakfast. Thank you!

• 17th Jul 2014

Vern convient location with good bus access to center of Dublin.

• 5th Jul 2014