Portland Pensione Reviews

109 ne san rafael st., Portland, Oregon, Portland, USA

The girls dorm room is falsely advertised as a 4-bedroom, but consists of two single beds and a cot. I booked two beds in the dorm for two nights, but after checking in and paying, Roxy (the owner/manager), confronted us and had a meltdown as she had overbooked the dorm, so there were four people and only three beds. She told us "not to tell" on her, and offered to put a bed for one of us in the shared kitchen, which we declined.

• 9th Aug 2014

There's no locks on any doors. Not worth the money.

• 1st Aug 2014

The dorm room is effectively a bedroom in the owner's house. It was not clean and there was no key to the room. I did not stay the night in the dorm room I booked. I did stay two nights in a private room, which was secure, and slightly cleaner as it was not shared, but far from ideal. The entire property is rundown. The location is ok, not too far across the bridge to the Pearl District and railway station. Easier with a bike though.

We checked in and paid but after looking around a bit more decided it was too sketchy to stay here. We lost our money as there was no refund. There was a bag of empty beer cans by our door and another room we had on the first floor had a window that didn't close and a see through curtain. The doors did not feel very secure and one guest said 'I need a slim jim' while another looked like a user. But the rooms were clean and the staff polite.

• 23rd Jul 2014

The room was described as BIG and nice. The desk lady asked if I wanted to see the room...I was tired and took her word. Man BIG mistake. The room was dirty and missing shades. The bed didn't have a top sheet and was gross. It was so bad I didn't stay my second night!!!! I've stayed at some nice hostels in the USA. This was definitely not one of them.

• 23rd Jul 2014

The place smelled bad and the staff not helpful.

• 19th Jul 2014

Was on a solo trip and stayed here for my entire week in Portland. I could not have booked a better place, especially during the summer! If you're looking to save money, meet fellow travelers, have a few people in every direction to help you with your trip, entertain you, or accompany you to play capture the flag in costume at the park with the locals, don't let the horrific reviews of the past trouble you. Highlights: Fresh raspberries grow out front, friendly hosts, great atmosphere, safe.

• 25th Jun 2014

Hard to find and not close to anything really. Little creepy to with no keys to the rooms and the small claustrophobic rooms. And no breakfast (the guy said that if he cooked food you would get breakfast, which he said he usually do but I didn't get anything). Would not recommend this to anyone.

DO NOT STAY HERE! This is not a hostel, it is a private house in a motel. And a filthy one at that. One bed in our 'dorm' was a mattress on the floor. Very little security, no room keys or lockers, or even front door keys. Pretty sure the unusually large number of young women in the motel half were prostitutes. Not even in a very good location and still the most expensive dorm I've stayed in. But worst thing was the filth. Think old food under beds and toenails on bathroom floor.

Having read some many bad reviews on this place, I would say my stay was generally nice. I booked the 4 female dorm, but I was offered a double room and had my own bed, which is bigger than those in the hostels. It locates in a quite residential block, and also convenient to go to supermarkets for shopping. It is better than my expectation, but I prefer staying at traditional hostel. However, if you do not have other choice, this place is acceptable.

View all Portland Bed and Breakfasts