Portland Pensione Reviews

109 ne san rafael st., Portland, Oregon, Portland, USA

The place smelled bad and the staff not helpful.

• 19th Jul 2014

Was on a solo trip and stayed here for my entire week in Portland. I could not have booked a better place, especially during the summer! If you're looking to save money, meet fellow travelers, have a few people in every direction to help you with your trip, entertain you, or accompany you to play capture the flag in costume at the park with the locals, don't let the horrific reviews of the past trouble you. Highlights: Fresh raspberries grow out front, friendly hosts, great atmosphere, safe.

• 25th Jun 2014

Hard to find and not close to anything really. Little creepy to with no keys to the rooms and the small claustrophobic rooms. And no breakfast (the guy said that if he cooked food you would get breakfast, which he said he usually do but I didn't get anything). Would not recommend this to anyone.

DO NOT STAY HERE! This is not a hostel, it is a private house in a motel. And a filthy one at that. One bed in our 'dorm' was a mattress on the floor. Very little security, no room keys or lockers, or even front door keys. Pretty sure the unusually large number of young women in the motel half were prostitutes. Not even in a very good location and still the most expensive dorm I've stayed in. But worst thing was the filth. Think old food under beds and toenails on bathroom floor.

Having read some many bad reviews on this place, I would say my stay was generally nice. I booked the 4 female dorm, but I was offered a double room and had my own bed, which is bigger than those in the hostels. It locates in a quite residential block, and also convenient to go to supermarkets for shopping. It is better than my expectation, but I prefer staying at traditional hostel. However, if you do not have other choice, this place is acceptable.

This place is just ugly, dirty, no key to lock the room or your bagage. Do not stay there alone as a woman. That was the worst place I have ever stayed in.

I would not recommend staying in the "dorm" rooms. They are the bedrooms of the manager's suite, sharing their bathroom, kitchen and entrance. The room and the bathroom were not clean, prayed that the old dirty heater would run through the night as there was no central heating, curtains on the window looking out onto the parking lot were completely sheer so had no privacy at all. Most expensive room I had on my trip and was the least comfortable and secure.

View all Portland Bed and Breakfasts