Porto Alegre Eco Hostel Reviews

R. Luiz Afonso, 276, Porto Alegre, Brazil

The staff were helpful and friendly, they even organised.a movie night when the weather wasn't great. Really lovely hostel

A bit pricey but hey, it was World Cup time. A happening hostel right near the park, a centre of Porto Alegre life, and just around the corner is the bar scene and restaurant centre.

Horrible stay. Our room was given to someone else so had to stay in a 8 bed dorm which was a converted garage outside the main building. Outdoor lights left on all night meant no sleep, until we moved into the common room and selpt on the sofa instead. Really poor after high expectations. Would not recommend.

Bedbugs bit me at Eco Hostel Porto Alegre. I bites on my right arm, not too far from my armpit and I was a victim of bites on various other parts of my body. I had to wash my clothes a couple of time and also buy a product to spray my clothes down. In a nutshell this hostel cost me money thanks to their bedbugs. I took a photos of a couple bedbugs at the residence so I'm 100% they were there.Thanks Eco Hostel. Two Laundries were 50 reals and the spray was 18 reals, plus cost of bed with bedbugs.

Despite the high price due to the lack of competition in the city, staff and location makes it a good option. All guests were complaining about the meager breakfast.

It's a good surprise this hostel in POA.

Good location, but the staff is very aloof and rude. It took the front desk girl around 2 minutes to look up from her computer to greet me. She told me they don't take credit cards when they actually do, and she put me in a 10 bed dorm when I booked a 5 bed one. No explanations, no apologies. Also, I asked her about Gramado which is a very famous spot near Porto Alegre, not only she didn´t have any info on tours, she didn´t even know where it was! Not coming back there again, that's for sure.

• 22nd Mar 2014

Small hostel but in a good location. Rooms are also small with a lot of beds. Average breakfast. There is only one bathroom down stairs, by the kitchen, so had to wait a long time for showers. However shower is good and hot. Nice lounge area with TV, beanbags and sofa. Go to the 'dirty old man ' cocktail bar around the corner!

Hugely overpriced for what is essentially an average at best hostel. The staff, while friendly, weren't helpful and made no attempt to explain any of the facilities in or around the hostel. Handed a map with no explanation of where we were of what was close by - its such a little thing but would make a difference. Cleanliness could be better, especially the bathrooms - I also don't understand why there is a men's bathroom upstairs and then if you're female a unisex one as far away as possible?

This was the third time I stayed at this Hostel. By far, the best option in Porto Alegre.

Only stayed one night but staff were amazing as we were leaving at 5am in the morning and they had breakfast ready for us! Really nice staff, beds really comfy and great duvets. Toilet/ shower us small but manageable.

Pretty good hostel, the staff is really helpful. The location is in heart of the nightlife, there is everything around and a good park to recover from hangover.

Thank you so much for your review! We are always trying to keep our staff as informated as possible, and able to give any sort of information at any time! The location is one of our best points: close to everything and more than that we're in a safe neighborhood. You can walk at night fearless and you will find all kinds of pubs, clubs and restaurants. We hope to see you again!

Very nice hostel, my place in Porto Alegre. hoping forward to going there soon!

And we're hoping forward to see you soon! We have made a lot of changes since you've been here! For example: now our rooms are equipped with air conditioning and heating! Take care! :)

Very nice hostel, central, clean, I've been there only one day...

Thanks for your review! We believe that there is nothing worse than a dirty hostel, so we have increased our cleaning staff in order to improve it! We also have the best location, close to everything and in a really safe neighborhood. :)

It's a good hostel, very well located, but is not too fun. Most people who stay there are living there while studying in Porto Alegre. And the Hostel has no bar and you have to be silent after 10 p.m., so people don't interact too much. I didn't find the fun I was looking for in a hostel. But if you want just a good place to sleep, this is a good place.

We are in the best location of Porto Alegre which is really safe, close to the best pubs, bars and clubs of the city, and because of that we encourage our guests to enjoy the nightlife rather than staying at the hostel. If our guests wants to party at the hostel there's no problem as long as they respect the fact that there is other guests who wants to sleep, right? :) Thank you for your comment, we appreciate that! See you!

we spent only a night at the hostel. the location and atmosphere seemed very nice, and the staff was very helpful. the rooms and toilets were nice and clean.

Probably one of the nicest/newest/cleanest hostels I've stayed at. Their kitchen is fully equipped and made for an iron chef! Staff (Emelia?) was super helpful and helped me arrange bus ticket bookings/directions and even offered to hang my laundry for me! It's about a 15 min walk into centro. Located in a safe, clean and quiet part of town. Flashpacker friendly (power units for each bed). Unfortunately it felt really empty as Curitiba seems to get a bad rep for being boring. Don't pass it up!

The location is good but the hostel's room and bathroom were not clean, with dust and spiders in some places, besides the people that stays there are not travelling, they are working, so the atmosphere could be better.

We have increased our cleaning staff, so now the cleaning is done more often during the day. We receive all kinds of travelers (and we love it), and that's what makes us unique! They are different travelers with different goals, but in the end they just want to meet some new people and have fun! So thanks for you review!

On paper this place sounds great. In reality, they get most things wrong. Staff is clueless about bars and gives poor tourism&transit instructions. Bad atmosphere (empty rooms or silent people) Bunkers are unstable + can't sit on the lower. Upstairs toilets so tight girls struggle to use. No soap on sinks, germs spread. Pool for going alone? No free water bc they sell bottles (even nearby market offers water fontain). Not for backpackers, not for solo travellers, go just crush on cheaper places.

A few months ago we did a training with our front desk staff, teaching them the main sights of the city, public transport, bars, pubs, clubs, etc. Now we deliver a customized city map for the guests, with many tips of what to do and where to go. We have been organizing more events, movie nights and games, so guests have the opportunity to meet each other. Also the hostel is always full of backpackers, but we apreciate your comment! Thank you!

Nice place, well located, but staff was just ok and the most of the people there didn´t talk to anyone else... Good place to spend the night and just chill, but not the best choice if the objective is partying, eventhough it is in the partying neighborhood. Breakfast wasn´t that great either. Very safe place, clean, and near everything, just an ok hostel.

View all Porto Alegre Hostels