Porto Downtown Hostel Reviews

Praça Guilherme Gomes Fernandes no. 66, 1st floor, Porto, Portugal

Good location, nice rooms, great staff. The wi-fi didn't work too well in our room though. Overall I really enjoyed the place. My friend and I stayed at this hostel twice (two days between the two stays). The first time we stayed we were provided with towels, but the second time we were not, and we had to pay 2€ to use one. So I thought that was a little weird.

• 5th Nov 2014

The hostel has changed its owner so there was some remodeling going on. I recommed that they change as soon as possible the information they have online because there are no 6-bed dorms, as I booked one and they put me in a 12-bed dorm, but the prices were all the same so it was ok. Also the card+key chain are too big, you should try to make something smaller and more portable

perfect to meet new people!

• 8th Oct 2014

I really liked this hostel, the staff was very helpfull and always very friendly. When I come back to porto it is definitely going to be here.

• 5th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

I really liked staying here. The staff was nice, the facilities were good. The only thing (that is to be expected from a hostel downtown) was how the noise from outside travelled into the room, which made it a little harder to fall asleep, but it being an old building right next to bars and the city's nightlife, I don't consider it to be such a big problem.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

Very clean and cozy hostel, excellent location and useful and friendly staff. Great functional and fully equiped kitchen. Quiet atmosphere, definitely not a party hostel, but perfect if it's not what you are looking for.

It could be a good place, well located, next to a very bustling aera of Porto, but I guess we just came the wrong day. The air conditioning system was blocked on 27°C, the bedroom's door couldn't be closed because the latch was stuck in out position, a shower of two did not lock. There were no outlet close to the bed to recharge your phone, Wi-Fi was not available in the dorms and only one computer of two were working. Despite these material inconveniences, the staff was very kind and friendly

• 6th Sep 2014

Pro: Close to the train station and many tourist spots. Staff is friendly, there is a convenience store right under the hostel and many pastry shops around for breakfast (if you don’t want their free breakfast) Con: It will get noisy at night because it is on the same street as the local bars. You have to leave the window open because it is hot which means you will hear every conversation going on. Room is small. Internet is fast, but if you are on the 3rd floor, you might not get any signals.

Nice hostel. Very close to the city old town. The free tour is really good too!

Nice hostel in a good location. All the girls at reception were very nice and helpful.

I made a reservation for August 14th, however someone in Porto Downtown Hostel reserved a room for July 14th instead. It was late at night and we spent almost 3 hours trying to get another place to stay. We lost our reservation in the restaurant and we were too tired at the end of the day. Human failure, it can happen to any of us. But you're supposed to be professionals.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Good value for your money. It's really close to all the main attractions and located in a very nice area. The rooms are huge and very nice. The kitchen is very good too, fully equipped. We found it a bit hard to meet other travelers since no one really hangs out in the common room area. Breakfast was good enough. The staff wasn't the friendliest but the rest was good.

Staff is REALLY nice, girls helps you for every request you have, they know the city and helps you if you have any question, with the smile! Bathrooms and rooms are super clean. Hostel location is great: city is very close and party place is at your feet.

Awesome hostel! Well located and friendly staff! Also they have a good kitchen and common room.

Enjoyed my stay at Porto downtown hostel. Staff are friendly and helpful. Hostel is kept really clean. Nice lounge/kitchen area to chill in and meet other travellers.

Hostel with great location, really in the downtown. Nice and helpful staff at reception. We were satisfied with our stay.

I would definitely go back to Downtown hostel if I visit Porto again. It's a real nice place! And very good value for money. the staff works real hard and is very welcoming.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Service and friendliness at Hostel was super! @Tina/Sarah- thank you Don't forget your ear plugs, if you are a light sleeper, in case other guests get home during the night - due to the bell and doors :)

a very good breakfast for that price!!