Porto Downtown Hostel Reviews

Praça Guilherme Gomes Fernandes no. 66, 1st floor, Porto, Portugal

The location in the city centre and next to a night club and other locations to enjoy at night is very good. The hostel is clean. One can feel homey in the common area with guitarre, chess and continantal breakfast. What could be improved is the window isolation. Than both the cold (stayed there in January) and the noise from the night club wouldn't bother at all. The room was equipt with a heat-radiator, we had to let it run all night, in order to get the room warm. Bathrooms without heater.

Good location, nice rooms, great staff. The wi-fi didn't work too well in our room though. Overall I really enjoyed the place. My friend and I stayed at this hostel twice (two days between the two stays). The first time we stayed we were provided with towels, but the second time we were not, and we had to pay 2€ to use one. So I thought that was a little weird.

• 5th Nov 2014

The hostel has changed its owner so there was some remodeling going on. I recommed that they change as soon as possible the information they have online because there are no 6-bed dorms, as I booked one and they put me in a 12-bed dorm, but the prices were all the same so it was ok. Also the card+key chain are too big, you should try to make something smaller and more portable

perfect to meet new people!

• 8th Oct 2014

I really liked this hostel, the staff was very helpfull and always very friendly. When I come back to porto it is definitely going to be here.

• 5th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

I really liked staying here. The staff was nice, the facilities were good. The only thing (that is to be expected from a hostel downtown) was how the noise from outside travelled into the room, which made it a little harder to fall asleep, but it being an old building right next to bars and the city's nightlife, I don't consider it to be such a big problem.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

Very clean and cozy hostel, excellent location and useful and friendly staff. Great functional and fully equiped kitchen. Quiet atmosphere, definitely not a party hostel, but perfect if it's not what you are looking for.

It could be a good place, well located, next to a very bustling aera of Porto, but I guess we just came the wrong day. The air conditioning system was blocked on 27°C, the bedroom's door couldn't be closed because the latch was stuck in out position, a shower of two did not lock. There were no outlet close to the bed to recharge your phone, Wi-Fi was not available in the dorms and only one computer of two were working. Despite these material inconveniences, the staff was very kind and friendly

• 6th Sep 2014

Pro: Close to the train station and many tourist spots. Staff is friendly, there is a convenience store right under the hostel and many pastry shops around for breakfast (if you don’t want their free breakfast) Con: It will get noisy at night because it is on the same street as the local bars. You have to leave the window open because it is hot which means you will hear every conversation going on. Room is small. Internet is fast, but if you are on the 3rd floor, you might not get any signals.

Nice hostel. Very close to the city old town. The free tour is really good too!