Porto Downtown Hostel Reviews

Praça Guilherme Gomes Fernandes no. 66, 1st floor, Porto, Portugal

One of the best hostels I have ever seen!!!

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Belarus

The location was pretty good (Aliados is 2 min. away; Clérigos is 2 min. away; Lello Library is in the next doors). The hostel is very clean and safe. The kitchen is very well equiped. The breakfast is ok for an hostel. We wanted to pay through debit card but that is not possible. We were told that we could pay later but a few hours later another employee asked us for the money. This is only a small drawback, though. I would definitely recommend Porto Downtown Hostel.

Everything was great, except breakfast. We came at 10 (breakfast is till 10:30), and there were empty plates. We only got one small bread with one cheese. In other hostels I had much better breakfasts, but everything else was great.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Croatia

The hostel is nice and has a great atmosphere, the staff is adorable - they're really nice and helpful, and the breakfast was great. But my bed wasn't the best, it was broken so it was discomfortable and the shower was really really bad, it was cold and you couldn't shower properly because the water tap has a "timer" so you only get 10 seconds of water and then you have to press it again.

spent 3 nights at this hostel and it was really good! The staff was helpful with information, they provide plug adaptors, hair dryer. The cleaness was fine, the signal of wifi was always good! The location is excellent! I would go back there!

• 31st Mar 2015

Perfect! Friendly, helpful and talkative staff(Vera and Felipa!), perfect location, clean(just the pillows could be more clean!), good Wifi. I highly recommend!!

Good location near the city center, free breakfast. By the way, no heater so the room is cold and it is noisy at night and one of the staff speaks English very little so it is difficult to communicate to ask for the information etc... Anyway, it is good for value of money :)

really good hostel close to everything and very good price!

The hostel was awesome. Only one thing that I really didn't like - I stayed in Red part and it was way too noisy (from outside of the hostel) for having a good sleep.

The staff is so nice and the atmosphere is so welcoming. We felt like we were at home!

• 21st Feb 2015

The location in the city centre and next to a night club and other locations to enjoy at night is very good. The hostel is clean. One can feel homey in the common area with guitarre, chess and continantal breakfast. What could be improved is the window isolation. Than both the cold (stayed there in January) and the noise from the night club wouldn't bother at all. The room was equipt with a heat-radiator, we had to let it run all night, in order to get the room warm. Bathrooms without heater.

Good location, nice rooms, great staff. The wi-fi didn't work too well in our room though. Overall I really enjoyed the place. My friend and I stayed at this hostel twice (two days between the two stays). The first time we stayed we were provided with towels, but the second time we were not, and we had to pay 2€ to use one. So I thought that was a little weird.

• 5th Nov 2014

The hostel has changed its owner so there was some remodeling going on. I recommed that they change as soon as possible the information they have online because there are no 6-bed dorms, as I booked one and they put me in a 12-bed dorm, but the prices were all the same so it was ok. Also the card+key chain are too big, you should try to make something smaller and more portable